FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Pro n Cons of ST / FL / Anatomic Handle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 6:48am
isn't the timo boll spirit like that?

:)
Sponsored Links

regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 11:09am
Over a period of time, after switching too many times between flared and straight, I find both to have both goods and bad on my grip. And so happy now I finally found the grip that is truly a fit for me. My own grip handle, personally customized by myself.

It's in between the flared and straight, but much closer to straight. So each time I buy a blade, I tend to buy one with a straight handle, preferably with a thick one, and from there I do my woodworking wonder.

Since it is an extension of your hand, might as well fit it accordingly that well suits your grip.. :)

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 12/14/2013 at 11:10am
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by regiz.rugenz regiz.rugenz wrote:

Over a period of time, after switching too many times between flared and straight, I find both to have both goods and bad on my grip. And so happy now I finally found the grip that is truly a fit for me. My own grip handle, personally customized by myself.

It's in between the flared and straight, but much closer to straight. So each time I buy a blade, I tend to buy one with a straight handle, preferably with a thick one, and from there I do my woodworking wonder.

Since it is an extension of your hand, might as well fit it accordingly that well suits your grip.. :)

There are the same blade as in your explanation - I remember Butterfly produced it - one side ST another one was FL. I tested once Legout model with that kind of handle, later this model was named W. Schlager OFF.
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 8:15pm
Some blades fall between where they taper out evenly but are still quite squared where others actually flare out at the bottom. Essentially it's a matter of personal comfort but flared handles are generally for more fixed grip players whereas straight handles allow some flexibility in grip changed between shots.
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Originally posted by regiz.rugenz regiz.rugenz wrote:

There are the same blade as in your explanation - I remember Butterfly produced it - one side ST another one was FL. I tested once Legout model with that kind of handle, later this model was named W. Schlager OFF.

Oh wow! thanks for the info. I think that is how these manufacturers should do to some of their blade handles as each player has each own unique fit, and to many the grip is as important as the quality of their strokes. Unfortunately not too many players improves much because of not knowing the significance of it.

One type of a blade I know is Gambler Arylate Carbon ST.

Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
Enter_Thrice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enter_Thrice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 2:33pm
I have a more general question, as I prefer ST (rather square) and AN to FL handles. Are ST handles generally more prone to cause head heaviness in blades? With nearly of the ST blades I have used or tried I did experience more head heaviness which I don´t like too much especially as I have had problems with tennis elbow. Another question if anyone has changed the handle shape and has reduced issues with tennis elbow, as I can imagine this could play a role.

Edited by Enter_Thrice - 03/28/2017 at 2:35pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2017 at 6:31pm
I don't think tennis elbow may be connected to the shape of a handle
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic