Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2008 World Veterans Champioshiprs Videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2008 at 6:03pm
The "first training session of Biriba" - that's where the second part of Minoru Kohakura vs Kosi Suzuki final is hiding !!

So, don't worry, you have uploaded them all - just under slightly different descriptions. You might want to make a new post, summarizing all the megaupload links with the proper descriptions next to them.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Sponsored Links

Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 1:16am
 JimT, that's a good suggestion: a single list. I will try to do it in the end. First I am checking every entry. Duplicated entries were deleted. Some files cannot be uploaded, though, and I am trying to figure out why. I'll come to your question regarding the cost of ticket and hotel soon.

Meanwhile...

Men's singles 50+ Consolation Final

Sergey Safranov (Russia) vs Jaromir Sedlacek (Czech Republic)

If you don't expect a Wang Hao vs Ma Long type of match you can enjoy Safranov's funny style of defense.

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 10:21am
guys about thatdoubles final video of le vaninh,oh my god an aussie is actuallyin the final?!!?!?LOL
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2008 at 12:49pm
Yes. The aussies were runner-ups. The wvc 2006 champ Horst Langer from Germany didn't come because of health problems.

But Dotty got the same prize given to all champions for being the oldest participant.

The top-spinner Schmidt, Neubauer partner, won the singles in the 65+ class.
Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2008 at 11:30pm
   1. For those who might not know: the Australian Dorothy de Lowwas born in England in 1910 !!

2. This video shows short flashes from the the men's doubles finals, from 40+ to 85+ age categories:

Men's Doubles scenes

3. Kalinic's partner is Li Yuxiang, former China's national singles and doubles champion, who, after playing in various countries, including more than a decade in Germany, settled in US. He now runs the NY International TT Center (nyittc.com) in Queens. Li was the 50+ singles champion in the WVT 2006. In Rio he finished in second.

4. Andreas Fejer-Konnert was the 40+'s champion with Traian Ciociu. He is the 50th in the German ranking, whereas his cousin Zoltan is 4th.

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2008 at 1:40am
THE zoltan fejer konnerth has a cousin kicking butt too?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2008 at 2:37pm
Please, correct me if I am wrong:

1. Romania is the birth place of Andreas Fejer, T. Ciociu, K. Kreanga, Olga Nemes, Georg Bohm,... Known in the past by its famous ruler Prince Vlad, now is in the news by the thriving economy.

2. The Aussie with the odd name Le Van Ihn, finalist in the 65+ doubles, was a top athlete in Vietnam. 

3. A German site (tischtennis.de) lists the Bundesliga players for the coming season: 1st division:Kim Kyung Ah, Park Mi Young, Chuang Chih Yuan, Jun Hye Kyung, Georgina Pota, Kenta Matsudaira; 3rd division: Hugo Hanashiro (2008 Brazilian Nikkei champion).  
Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2008 at 12:52pm
Women's singles 60+ semifinals
   Kuniko Takahashi (Japan) vs Theresia Foldy (Switzerlamd)

1. Takahashi's excellent physical fitness guarantees her victory inthis very long match (edited). Soon latter she wins gold defeating compatriot Etsuko Iseki with 3 x 0 (3,5,9).
    2. T. Foldy, two times Swiss National Champion, is here coached by her husband Laszlo Foldy. He is one of the founding member of the Swaythling Club and has played in several WTTC's as a hungarian sportler and later as Swiss trainer. In Rio he played in the 70+ category. Theresia is silver in doubles with partner Jamila Hummelova (Czech) losing to Japanese Double Kamiko Tomiyama/Masako Fukushima.

Women's singles 40+ semifinals
   Tatiana Kulieva (Russia vs Karin Kruse (Denmark)

Many choppers in the female contingent. 

Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2008 at 1:53am
As suggested, the complete list of videos:

1. MS 40 Final Ding Yi vs Carsten Egeholt  241MB

2. MS 40 SF Ding Yi vs Alexander Savelyev  965MB

3. MS 40 QF Ding Yi vs Traian Ciociu  558MB

4. MS 40 QF Alexander Savelyev vs Colum Slevin  147MB

5. MS 40 Consolation Final  192MB

6. MS 50 Consolation Final   408MB

7. MS 60 Final Jaroslav Kunz vs Niels Ramberg   230MB

8. MS 60 SF Niels Ramberg vs Milos Matejicek   168MB

9. MS 70 Final Dieter Lippelt vs Josef Rakosnik   1194MB

10. MD 65 Final Neubauer/Schmidt vs Le/Kraf   186MB

11. Men's Doubles Flashes   138MB

12. Contrast  30MB

13. MS 70 Consolation Final Minoru Kohakura vs Kozi Suzuki   668MB

14. Award Ceremony and Photos  611MB

15. Practice Sessions   797MB

Software: Ulead Video Studio 11, Photoshop Elements 5
Camera: JVC Camcorder GZ-MG37U

Pongology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 10:30am
These are great. Thank you for uploading. Can you give a quick rundown on which players are using long pips or anti?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Redoya Redoya wrote:

Can't believe they are 60+ years old! They are in terrific shape!

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 3:23pm

1. Takahashi's excellent physical fitness guarantees her victory inthis very long match (edited). Soon latter she wins gold defeating compatriot Etsuko Iseki with 3 x 0 (3,5,9).
    2. T. Foldy, two times Swiss National Champion, is here coached by her husband Laszlo Foldy. He is one of the founding member of the Swaythling Club and has played in several WTTC's as a hungarian sportler and later as Swiss trainer. In Rio he played in the 70+ category. Theresia is silver in doubles with partner Jamila Hummelova (Czech) losing to Japanese Double Kamiko Tomiyama/Masako Fukushima.

The second video - Kulieva vs Kruse - is consistently unavailable for the last 2-3 days... could anyone help?

pual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 9:46pm
Do you have the game next to the table 19 ?when DING TI is playing ,the chinese with and european.Thanks 
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2008 at 12:00am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

The second video - Kulieva vs Kruse - is consistently unavailable for the last 2-3 days... could anyone help?

Still cannot get that Kulieva vs Kruse video! Redoya, can you help?

Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 12:14am
I will try to answer all the questions.

First I would like to add some comments of pimpled rubbers

1. In veteran's games, europeans have a clear advantage over north, central and south americans: they have a vast experience with pimpled rubbers. They have knowledge to use them technically, tactically and how to play against them.

2. The most successfull player in the WVC's is probably Herbert Neubauer, with a total of 7 golds in singles and doubles. In Rio he used his own material (of course), Leopard 1.5 (short pips) in the FH, Super Block OX (long pips) in the BH and High Tech Plus as the blade.

3. Doktor Neubauer participated in the 2006 US Open in Charlotte, NC, with good results: gold in the 60+ and 50+ and silver in the 40+ and 30+ categories. In the 60+ he defeated George Braithwaite 3 x 0 (5,2,6).

4. Several video clips of Neubauer are available in the Youtube:
From his first dvd

from his second dvd with new rubbers

A short clip of Herbert playing in the Swiss National Liga (available in the Web)

5. According to his website, Neubauer, a former Germany's 1.Bundesliga player,  has a collection of 58 gold medals in the Swiss Championships (he was a German Diplomat in Switzerland).

6. Another German expert in long pips that was in Rio is Manfred Grumbach, former professional player, trainer (SSV Reutlingen) and author of several articles, books and seminars.

7. The biggest winner in Singles (not in doubles) is the Chinese Liang Geliang with 5 golds. He was 6 times WTTC champion and having lived for nealy two decades in Germany has lots of experience  in the european style of play. Here's a video of young Liang training

Liang Geliang training video 138 mb rm
Notice his versatility and agility. It is said that the changes his rubber several times during a tournament, combining different sponges and top sheets. He is considered an allround or material player, but he chops like a chopper.

8. A little off-topic, but I cannot help mentioning the Rematch commemorating the 37th year (in June 2008) of the famous Ping Pong Diplomacy, widely covered by the american press, from NY Time to Fox News. The high point of the event in California was the match between George Braithwaite and Liang Geliang. It is true that Liang is many years his junior. Certainly China will invited George for the next WVC, but as he will be playing in the 75+ category no re-rematch can be expected. George is currently rated 2140 but probably his real level his higher. I played with him a couple of year ago at the NYTTF and, needless to say, I was mercilessly beaten. He is an orthodox player with inverted on both sides but with an extraordinary fitness (and poised manners).

Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 12:35am
1.  I had no previous experience in playing against long pips and my performance was very poor in the tournament. It was the first time that i had exchanged shots with frictionless  pips and a twiddling combination racket player. In the fourth set of my last match I was leading 7 to 3 and lost 7 to 11. The reason: I got mentally exhausted trying to ajust my strokes constantly.

2. Here is a video of Carl Prean showing his skill in racket twiddling (source: Lucioping website):

Carl Prean playing with pimples avi  27 mb

3. To an unexperienced spectator, a pimpled rubber match may seem a basement pingpong. The fine details and the mental struggle involved in the game are not always evident. Here is a short clip ot the Finals of the 75+ category:
MS 75 final Fred Lockwood vs Stepan Stepanov mpg 65 mb

4. As I train with a newgy, which I love, but has the limitation of not being able to produce no-spin balls, I am considering setting up a return board like this one

I would like to get a new robot like Prakttismate.

4. There is an interesting video that teaches how to twiddle the racket:

Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 1:05am
1. Not only veteran players use long pips. As an example of the other end of age spectrum, I should mention two young players that are well-known in Europe.

2. Amelie Solja (pronounced zoh-lee-ah), rated 2436, is #1 in the European Junior Girls Ranking. In the last December 2007 World Junior Championship in Palo Alto, Cal, she, at age 16, upset the first seeded chinese player Li Xiodan in the semifinals. Amelie has been playing with Joola Drum 1.8 in the FH and Joola Fakir OX in the BH. As Fakir is in the banned list, she is trying several new rubber, among them Joola Shark (she is Joola sponsored). Last month (July 2008), in a dramatic battle she missed a match point and ended as vice-champion in the 2008 European Junior Championship (source DTTB). Videos of  Amelie Solja matches (source: ttlive.tv, broadcast live)

Amelie Solja vs Malin Petterson  flv  158 mb

Amelie Solja vs Monika Molnar  flv  130 mb

and another from youtube

Unlike Deng Yaping that was a forehand attacker, Amelie centers her game on the backhand, delivering long punches altered with loose balls.

3. Fabian Akerstrom, the young swede profiled here

and shown in this video

He is training in China and will be soon playing in the Germany's 2.Bundesliga (source NoppenTest.de). It is mentioned that he was using Hallmark Original and is now testing Donic Akkadi L2.

Pongology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 3:17am
Hi Redoya,

Thank you so much for all the links. Great stuff. Do you happen to know what blade and rubbers were used by Wolfgang Schmidt, who won the 65+ division in Rio?

Also, have you ever seen video of Florida pip player Dickie Fleisher anywhere?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 10:37am
Redoya, thanks again for the videos!

grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 1:06pm
Awesome video collection, Redoya! Thank you for sharing 'em with us! Smile

Btw, do you by any chance have the video for the Mens' Doubles 60-64 Finals?

Blade : Butterfly Andrzej Grubba FL
FH : Butterfly Sriver
BH : Butterfly Sriver
Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 9:12pm
1. I have uploaded the match:

ws 40+ Tatiana Kulieva ( Russia) vs Karin Kruse (Denmark)

2. Some other women matches (glimpses):

3. Unfortunately I had only one spare battery and was trying to shoot very sparingly to save for more important matches. I had no connection to the organizers and was allowed to move solely along the edge of the outermost line of barriers.
Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 10:33pm
Some answers:

1. I cannot recall all the pimpled rubbers that I have seen. There are many that I never heard before.

2. The majority of veteran  players seem to use pimpled rubbers. And they are average club players. In the knock out phase, in the succeeding rounds, the number tapers down and the remaining one are all players from the professional leagues; most of them are attackers with inverted rubbers. Biriba, 63, the best Brazilian veteran use norma Sriver 1.9.

3. In the warm-up table, a 77-year old gave me hard time. He is a penholder, glued to the table, using a  BTY Super-anti, blocked all my balls to wide angles using only his bodywork. A hard hit ball was returned fast far from my reach. He explained that he owns a TT Training Center and is used to play against young players and that by observing the footwork of the opponent he knows how to jam him. 

4. Theresia Foldy is 62; No info about Takahashi. They are slender and in good form. In long matches between an attacker and a chopper, the attacker usually get tired ealier but it was not the case here.

5. A common side talk topic among veterans is exchange of recipes for good health. Today everyone is well informed how the lifestype can affect the longevity and how important are healthy food and physical activity.

6. Dickie Fleisher is a famous harpist and table tennis player from Florida; he's rated 2547 and I think that he uses a TSP curl long pips in the forehand. Unfortunately I never have seen any video of him. Is Richard his real name?

7. I do not have the video requested by pual

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2008 at 11:08pm

1. I have uploaded the match:

ws 40+ Tatiana Kulieva ( Russia) vs Karin Kruse (Denmark)

2. Some other women matches (glimpses):

3. Unfortunately I had only one spare battery and was trying to shoot very sparingly to save for more important matches. I had no connection to the organizers and was allowed to move solely along the edge of the outermost line of barriers.

Terrific! Thank you so much!

sbd1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbd1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2008 at 3:43am
@Redoya:
Thanks for the report  of the 2008 World Veterans Videos in Rio .
It was nice to see it as well as the the old friend Mr.Zoran Kalinic from Serbia.
Regards,
Borko&SonSmile

***Power is Nothing Without Control***
Redoya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redoya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2008 at 6:10pm
FAKE  LOOP:
1. Any veteran attacking player that has faced a solid blocker with a consistent pushing game knows how a strenuous and daunting task it can be. A full attack tactic can be suicidal.; he has to play smartly. One of the weapons is spin variation. What I will discuss here is called "fake loop" or "false topspin".

2. It is nor a new deceptive technique. Butterfly released in early 1980's a series of excellent instructional videos and one of them details How to Play a Chopper. The "fake loop" is explained and shown by former World Champion Shigeo Itoh and the defensive star Norio Takashima. (In another video the roles are reversed: Takahima set up an attack after a "fake chop".).

3. Using some free time during the Olympic games broadcast, I have assembled this short clip using the video of the match between Jun Mizutani and Kaii Yoshida in the All Japan 2008 Finals. Here it was used a ultra high speed digital camera and what seems to be a not exceptional  match turns out being extremely instructive:

Jun Mizutani and Kaii Yoshida  mpg  61mb

4. In Japan the no-spin or floating ball is called knuckle ball. This term probably stems from "knuckleball" used in the baseball and which means a ball thrown by the pitcher with little or no spin using his (greasy?) finger knuckles.

5. It is mentioned by the sportcaster in the video that some players "like Waldner" use often this kind of stroke and that it is now being used more in Japan. In 1999 the very successful former trainer of the Borussia Dusseldorf Club, the Croatian Mario Amizic was hired by Butterfly as sport director and by the Japan's TT Federation to train the young players. His opinion: "loops with maximized speed and little variation are typical of low class players". (How important are the replays and the timely comments of any video.)!

6. Amizic lives in Germany and the whole squadron of young Japanese boys had to settle in Dusseldorf, the city of a large Japanese community (and certainly schools). This metropolis was chosen as the location of the future modern DTTZ-Deutch TischtennisZentrum.. Amizic is seen in the WTTC 2008 videos standing next to Yoshihito Miyazaki, the Japanese men's head coach and former top player (penholder).

7. Mizutani is rated 2935. Soon or later the young athletes will be confronted with the same problem of Ai Fukuhara, now 19. At 17 she passed the competitive entrance examination of the Waseda University, which has the same prestige in Japan as the Harvard in the US, left the Chinese Super League and started attending in April 2007 the sport sciences College. Ai-chan even thought, according to his father, of dropping off from college during the intensive preparation for this Olympic games. A different path was chosen by Deng Yaping. She retired from TT at 24 and went back to school. After a master's degree from the University of Nottingham, she started a doctoral program in Economics at Cambridge (and worked in the Olympics Committee).

johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2008 at 8:55pm
Wow many nice and useful videos!!!Thank you very muchSmile!!!
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
Pongology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2008 at 6:31am
Another great post. Thank you so much!!!
Pongology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2008 at 6:34pm
Hi Redoya,

Did you happen to get any other video of Dieter Lippelt? Also, did you happen to notice what blade he uses?
sandro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2008 at 8:02pm
Any videos with choppers in this thread?
sandro
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2008 at 7:08am
that slo mo was EXTREMELY helpful
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic