Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nittaku Rorin 10.5 mm  vs  Darker Speed 90  10mm?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku Rorin 10.5 mm vs Darker Speed 90 10mm?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Rorin 10.5 mm vs Darker Speed 90 10mm?
    Posted: 07/13/2008 at 3:25pm

Time to buy a new blade. I am already on a budget this month and can't buy both blades. Dead  I'd love if someone who has played with both of them could compare them in terms of hardness, dwell time, speed, control.

Thanks in advance.

Single Ply Hinoki club
Sponsored Links

joris View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 4:58pm
Darker S90 is top level blade, and Rorin 10.5 is  2nd. level. But the price, the Rorin may be higher.
joris
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2008 at 11:51pm
why do u say s90 is top level? but rorin 2nd level?
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 12:50am
buy a nittaku A instead of that rorin, it's a great blade, the top jpenners from Brazil used to use that blade.
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 2:22am
I will go for a Darker Speed 90 very nice bladeSmile. And performance is excellent
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2008 at 2:45am
I would vote for Speed 90. I have never tried Rorin though. Nittaku Cho Tokusen A has 9 mm thickness and it is noteably slower compared to my Speed 90 (9,5mm) or my Kokutaku 10 mm.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 5:16pm
 Thanks guys and girls. I  ordered the Speed 90 . The next dilemma would be Rorin 10.5 mm. or TSP Special Dynam 10.5 mm. Embarrassed
Single Ply Hinoki club
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 5:32am
Then I would vote for Kokutaku Cho Super !
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

TAKOYAK1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAKOYAK1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 6:33am
Maybe its not a question of what to buy Thycaline, but its the question of when youll buy it. Its just a matter of time before you have everythingWink
Blade: Nittaku Septear Cpen
FH: DHS H3 Provincial 2.2
BH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro 2.2
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 8:29am
 Unfortunately you are right. I think I got a virus.Disapprove
Single Ply Hinoki club
TAKOYAK1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAKOYAK1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 8:41am

one of THE most enjoyable viruses around. XD

Blade: Nittaku Septear Cpen
FH: DHS H3 Provincial 2.2
BH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro 2.2
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 4:01pm
I am curious as to why the price of a J-pen 1-ply hinoki is often cheaper than the price of a 1-ply shakehand.  Is it because it takes longer to craft/build the handle?
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Thylacine Thylacine wrote:

Thanks guys and girls. I  ordered the Speed 90 . The next dilemma would be Rorin 10.5 mm. or TSP Special Dynam 10.5 mm. Embarrassed

This one I try to answer.  If you are a power and spin guy, go with Rorin that is softer.  If you like to do offensive blocking and punches, and you like to loop from mid distance, the Dynam is your beast.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

I am curious as to why the price of a J-pen 1-ply hinoki is often cheaper than the price of a 1-ply shakehand.  Is it because it takes longer to craft/build the handle?

Not sure.  I ask myself the same question too.  I think the labor is the same.  As long as people keep buying them at that price level, the manufacturers will also keep jacking up the price.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Not sure.  I ask myself the same question too.  I think the labor is the same.  As long as people keep buying them at that price level, the manufacturers will also keep jacking up the price.
I'd like to challenge that saying by stating that it's easier to make Jpen considering that the makers only need to make:
- Main pc. i.e. rectangular pc.
- FH (Front) and BH cork blocks (can be ordered/premade cheap, outsourcing!)
- Front and back cork sheets (also can be ordered or premade)
For shkhnds:
- Bigger main pc.
- Shaping of handles whether these r Anatomic, Flared (Master/Legend),Conic or Straight.
fattchoi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fattchoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

I'd like to challenge that saying by stating that it's easier to make Jpen considering that the makers only need to make:
- Main pc. i.e. rectangular pc.
- FH (Front) and BH cork blocks (can be ordered/premade cheap, outsourcing!)
- Front and back cork sheets (also can be ordered or premade)
For shkhnds:
- Bigger main pc.
- Shaping of handles whether these r Anatomic, Flared (Master/Legend),Conic or Straight.

Could it not possibly to do with supply and demand? I mean there are more SH players than PH. So naturally, there will be more SHanders chasing fewer SH blades while less JPenners chasing lots more Jpen blades?

Cheers.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 9:59pm
I tend to agree with Fatchoi. The more you produce, the cheaper the cost. Since single ply is more popular in penhold and demand is higher, the cost would be relatively cheaper.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Golden Skans View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Skans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 10:13pm
Is the TSP Dynam that iruiru sells 10.5mm? If it is not, where can I buy a 10.5mm Dynam?

Thanks.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 10:28pm
I am curious about the thickness like of 10,5 mm whether it is actually specified as having 10,5 mm. I thought the thickness (specified) would be 9 or 10 mm unless it comes to a thinner one like 8,5 mm (thinner is more fragile for single ply hinoki). I got a 9,5 mm Speed 90 from iruiru, but it is specified as 9 mm.
If you want a 10,5 mm Dynam, you can ask iruiru to measure it first.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Golden Skans View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golden Skans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2008 at 10:34pm
Well, Thylacine earlier called the blade TSP Special Dynam 10.5mm. I am wondering if the one they sell at iruiru is a Special Dynam or a regular one. Or is there such a thing as TSP Special Dynam?
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2008 at 5:13am

Aeoliah,
  Is this Kokutaku blade good for strong loops or it is more suitable for blocking and strong drives?!

Golden Skans,

I don't know which one they are selling at iruiru but   judging  by the price it must be Dynam Special.  And yes, there is such a thing as you can see on the pictures below Smile
   Special Dynam

TSP Dynam

I think that Fattchoi is right. The price is determined by the demand. I mean that there are not many 1ply c-pen/sh blades and if someone is determined to have such he would pay the money. Same with the XIOM Athena c-pen which costs 400$ when the Athena j-pen Platinum is less than 200$. Smile 
Single Ply Hinoki club
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 10:36am
So is iruiru selling Dynam Special? and how is it compared to kkt super cho or speed 90/70?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

So is iruiru selling Dynam Special? and how is it compared to kkt super cho or speed 90/70?

They have the regular Dynam only.  But I guess you can special order the Dynam Special.  Just give them the stock# 21411.  The regular Dynam is #21011.
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 8:23pm
Thylacine, I don't loop much, but smashing with Kokutaku is very good.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2008 at 11:46pm

Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

They have the regular Dynam only.  But I guess you can special order the Dynam Special.  Just give them the stock# 21411.  The regular Dynam is #21011.

CEO,

Is your dynam a special one? did u buy from iruiru.

Any review on the Dynam Special? :)
I currently considering several 1ply jpens.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 12:49am
Yasaka has 1 inexpensive 1 ply Jpen called Muasasi or someth'n. Dunno how good the quality is/grains are...Also TSP Dynam is not that expensive too. Joris might have some he wanna unload, right?
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 5:43am

Yasaka Musashi Special is 9 mm and it's a great blade, especially for people with small hands.  If you want  an inexpensive 10 mm. blade  try Yasaka Hasha Deluxe.  The best brazilian players use Yasaka j-pen blades. Smile

Single Ply Hinoki club
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2008 at 6:56am
I noticed TSP has reduced the models of hinoki j-pens as compared to last time. I used to have a TSP special... and it is a mistake that I sold that away!
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 3:01pm
Where can I buy a darker speed 90?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

Where can I buy a darker speed 90?

www.iruiru.com/e
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic