Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Offensive CR review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offensive CR review
    Posted: 07/16/2008 at 10:49am
I've never put up a review here in this forum, like EVER, so I thought I'd do one. Before we start, I just wanna say that this has nothing to do with the "OMG Wang Liqin uses this blade!!!!"

Offensive Classic is in general an excellent 5-ply wood blade, and here it is with the CR system. The CR system is just to add a little speed and a harder feeling. Most CR blades comes with WRB system, but this one is not.

In the start, CR did not need sealing. But after a couple of times gluing sealing is needed. Not much though. Just a little light layer of hair spray and it will SEAL (hehe) the deal.

I play this blade with Hurricane 2 and a proper amout of speed glue. The feel was just great. Many people say that OC is pretty soft, but the CR version is not at all. It's not like its a carbon blade, you still get plenty of feedback, but not too much. If I should rate it feel-wise I would give it an awesome 10/10!

Speedwise, it was lacking a little. Some times when I'm looping forehand from a few meters distance, and the ball land in my forehand and i reach it with my backhand, but does not have enough time to swing, the ball dives down into the net. If your style if close to the table play, this would not be much of a problem. Speedwise 7/10.

The blade offers great control. When I played a major trounament and was playing with one of the seeded players, I almost beat him just by blocking because his loops weren't very hard. But the loops are very stable, so although i almost beat him, i didn't. Yet anyways...
Control rating 10/10.

Let me please say that nothing of this is based on the fact that "OMG Wang Liqin uses/used this blade!!" Overall rating 9/10.
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
Sponsored Links

johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 12:11pm
nice review...thanks
Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 12:46pm
Gj, What's so different from the normal OC? Can you tell me plz
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Nutriment6464 Nutriment6464 wrote:

Gj, What's so different from the normal OC? Can you tell me plz

Nother really. Slightly stiffer which makes it slightly faster. Harder feel too, but the OC i tried was pretty soft OC-wise
Butterfly Viscaria
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 1:07pm
I ma using this blade right now and I love it, decent speed and spin with Energy Absorber baclk 2.0 in BH and Tenergy 05 red 2.1 in FH
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 1:10pm

I've been playing it a pretty long time, but i think the power is still lacking a little, but i will deffinetly keep it as a reserve an mayb e come back to it some day.

Butterfly Viscaria
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 6:02pm
What blades would have similar construction to the OC but would be faster?  I know HKing is one, but it is too expensive.  I heard that the Avalox P500 has the same plys but is it faster?
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 6:04pm
well i know theres a copy by galaxy. my friends has it, but i dont know the name of it. and he also has p500, but i think they're pretty similar when it comes it speed, maybe a little faster. something that is deffinetly faster is nittakus acoustic and violin.
Butterfly Viscaria
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Jeff[ATTC Jeff[ATTC wrote:

]What blades would have similar construction to the OC but would be faster?  I know HKing is one, but it is too expensive.  I heard that the Avalox P500 has the same plys but is it faster?

P500 has similar construction but, from my experience, it is not comparable to OC CR. P500 is indeed faster (significantly faster). P500 also has a softer feel and much less vibration then OC (CR).
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 11:31pm
laquer it 3x if u want it to be faster
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2008 at 11:38pm
That review wasn't offensive at all!  What a letdown! :(
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 12:07am
What's the ply construction of the OC...... anyone know?
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 12:13am
koto spruce ayous spruce koto
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2008 at 12:29am
Thx Rokphish Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic