Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE BUTTERFLY MAZE OFF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TO ALL MEMBERS OF THE BUTTERFLY MAZE OFF
    Posted: 04/12/2014 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Could someone compare the (original) straight handles of the Maze ST, Mizutani ST and maybe Boll Spirit ST? I just saw an older thread where someone said the handle dimensions are the same.

Thanks in advance!

No one?
Sponsored Links

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2014 at 3:57pm
I gave my Maze to a Maze user at the club. I could not bond with the small FL grip. It played great though I must admit that. For BTY ALC blades I like the TBS better.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2014 at 3:07pm
Could someone compare the (original) straight handles of the Maze ST, Mizutani ST and maybe Boll Spirit ST? I just saw an older thread where someone said the handle dimensions are the same.

Thanks in advance!

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2013 at 11:43pm
The incredible success the Viscaria got lately due to ZJK major titles was and still is very impressive; not that the blade does not deserve it; it is by all means one of the best looping OFF blades ever made but without the Chinese star successes in WTTC, WC and OG singles, no doubt we would not have witnessed such a popularity surge for the now iconic blade.

Comparatively I would say the MJ deserves a better mention because it got its success on its own; I certainly do not mean the Japanese champion is chop liver compared to ZJK but that blade took off without much help and never left the top it quickly reached, winning the #1 position in fancy blades for a good reason.

A few years ago I tried the MM ALC and it felt so right; only obsession and maybe a blade snobbish attitude got me into the mj in the long run; I still truly find the mj the best blade I ever played even though the Maze ALC is probably much better for my level.

I consider the Maze ALC vastly underrated: limba-alc-limba-ayous-limba-alc-limba --> an ayous core will make a less aggressive blade than a kiri one and the alc will have less power than the zlc so for all people loving the mj feel and wanting more control, buying a MM ALC seems to be a very intelligent choice. At $105 (e.g btyonline or fastpaddle) it also is the best value in all bty off carbon blades.

Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2013 at 1:17pm
I have a MM with an handle and it weighs 87 gram, I don't play with it much because I'm stuck on the PG7, but I won't ever let go of it, to me it's a one of a kind with a certain feel.
Shifter
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2013 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Just switched to a Butterfly blade from a Stiga...
your point or hidden messaqe is...?

The hidden message is found by switching out certain vowels with an invertible matrix...

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2013 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

your point or hidden messaqe is...?
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2013 at 9:23am
sajith View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sajith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2013 at 7:58am
Count me in Big smile
Thanks!
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2013 at 9:06pm
i could find you one but only st 
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2013 at 8:53pm
Hi. Please, help me to find an old Maze FL!
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 10:12am
Count me in on this !
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2011 at 6:28pm
just got myself a second one, still my favourite blade.
I'd still like to an ST one though.
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2011 at 5:19pm
I have one too, so let me in... 
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2011 at 5:09pm
Thats good to hear. Havent had a chance to play with it yet, but I hear that its great, Hoping it will be my main setupSmile
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2011 at 4:58pm
Im still this club member.
martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2011 at 2:46pm
Is this club still alive? Because im now a proud owner of an 86g Maze off FL!
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2009 at 5:55pm

I could test it in deep today, but dissapointed a little bit. The blade is grea but definetively not for me , decent dwell time (bearing in my it�s a composite A-C) more than Spirit, but not as fast, but much more controllable, but less than acoustic. Felt really solid, and a bit heavy with 05 on both wings. I was pretty impressed when services,  returns, chops....  It played awesome from mid- to far distance with great power, but missed many backhand hits out of the line when playing close to the table.

To sum up: I rather prefer the feeling of my all-wood Violin even Acoustic, not as bouncy as Arylate-Carbon but much more forgiving for somebody that trains 4 hours a week.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2009 at 3:49am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I want to try and a  Maze that my mateclub lend me, do you think it will fit fine with 05? I was hitting some balls with it today and y first feelings are that it�s slower than Acoustic and TBS. Am I right??

It's about the same speed as TBS, just a tad softer feeling. It's way faster than the Acoustic, though. (Maybe not for loops, though. The Acoustic is more flexible.)

I still think Tenergy 05 is the best rubber on the Maze! It was just the constant EJ in me that wanted to buy something new. So I bought Boost TC both sides..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2009 at 2:19am
It's par. I'd say diff in beetwen these 3 is hardness feel. TBS>Maze>acoustic. I didn't like Maze + Tenergy allthough some find it awesome. I prefer soft medium rubbers on Maze such as JP gold or Coppa silver or sinus alpha.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2009 at 6:35pm
I want to try and a  Maze that my mateclub lend me, do you think it will fit fine with 05? I was hitting some balls with it today and y first feelings are that it�s slower than Acoustic and TBS. Am I right??

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
serghinio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serghinio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2008 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

I suggest you replace Sriver EL for Sriver G2FX on the backhand. Both are very good on the backhand, but Sriver G2 FX worked better for me on the Michael Maze.

I will try that too. Thank you.

Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

I wouldn't put Mark V 30 on my bh if I liked flat hitting with it.. Something like Bryce Speed?

I really don't think it's that heavy with Tenergy both sides..

Hm, Bryce Speed was the last rubber I could think of. I think taht would way to fast for my bh at the moment. But thanks for the idea. Maybe later, after I see how it works with G2FX.
Michael Maze
Mark V30 2.0mm
Sriver EL 2.1mm
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 6:47pm
I wouldn't put Mark V 30 on my bh if I liked flat hitting with it.. Something like Bryce Speed?

I really don't think it's that heavy with Tenergy both sides..

Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 6:13pm
I suggest you replace Sriver EL for Sriver G2FX on the backhand. Both are very good on the backhand, but Sriver G2 FX worked better for me on the Michael Maze.

serghinio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serghinio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2008 at 3:27pm
Thanks Schlager! I brought one of 2.1 and hope to play with it next week. I'm afraid for the moment to put tenergy on both sides. Usually I use different rubers on fh and bh because with my bh I prefer a flat or hitting stroke.

The thing that concerns me now is the weight. I think tenergy it's kind of heavy right? That's why I'll put my Mark V30 on bh to keep it as light as possible. Also I got an G2 FX just for my curiosity and don't know it how I'll use it.
Michael Maze
Mark V30 2.0mm
Sriver EL 2.1mm
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 4:55am
Well.. Tenergy 2.1 unglued feels springier and less controllable than Bryce 2.1 glued. But Tenergy is a great rubber with the maze, and I personally hate thinner rubbers. I haven't used 1.8/1.9 in.. 4 years I think. I would try it with 2.1, also generates the most spin that way. And I guess it will be a little more controllable next time I play, when all the VOC is out of it. (I attached it with speed glue..)

serghinio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serghinio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2008 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

You swear by your family..

Ok, I'll take it from here..

I see that you use maze with Tenergy 2.1. How do you feel this rubber comparison to other bty rubbers or just other rubbers generaly speaking? I intend to buy one on my forehand in order to have an increase of spin. But I'm not interested so much in speed so do you think it's a better choice to get a 1.9 tenergy?
Michael Maze
Mark V30 2.0mm
Sriver EL 2.1mm
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 5:03pm
You swear by your family..

Ok, I'll take it from here..

Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

I will use it forever, because I swear in my family, that I will stop changing blades and rubbers (EJ syndrom)!

Why do your family members care that you change rubbers/blades often? Aren't you sponsored or something?

LOLLOLLOL

I am sponsored, but I swear in my family (brother, father, mother)
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2008 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

I will use it forever, because I swear in my family, that I will stop changing blades and rubbers (EJ syndrom)!

Why do your family members care that you change rubbers/blades often? Aren't you sponsored or something?

LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic