tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Topic ClosedFeedback on haggisv

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
agooding2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#ff0000 size=2>I surely see the difference on OOAK forum. I see mostly the ads of Australian table tennis stores in OOAK and the messages carrying the ads of North American Stores are deleted immediately.
<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#ff0000 size=2> 

<FONT face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=#ff0000 size=2>Haggiv has his website ads on all his posts in all the forums - take any table tennis forum and you will see his website ad.

You really don't get it do you? IT'S HIS FORUM! Most people have the courtesy not to promote their own shops there. He seems to have good relationships with other sellers, including Cole and others.

I don't recall any other seller foolish enough to try and advertise on his forum, just you. Care to name another example besides yourself?

Would you like other sellers coming to your forum and mentioning their goods after every question that is asked? That could be arranged...
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2008 at 11:25pm
I don't normally care about anyone advertising as many have done in the past. That will not effect my business.

Let me know the details of your "arrangement". After looking at your arrangement, I will see what I can do - kick the butt or pat the butt.

Sorry, I have not got it. You are saying Haggiv is showing courtesy by advertising his website on this forum and other North American forums - many of them have its own full time advertisers - while others are showing no courtesy by advertising in OOAK. I can only presume that I'm a fool and you have a fat brain Clap.

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 2:44am

I don't normally care about anyone advertising as many have done in the past. That will not effect my business.

Let me know the details of your "arrangement". After looking at your arrangement, I will see what I can do - kick the butt or pat the butt.

Haggisv just asked(didn't kicked you out) you to remove your big ads and stop PMing people trying to sell DVD..........

And ...... that "kick the butt" thing, I wouldn't do that if I were you. His rating is higher than you. Be careful when you have to play him. 

BTW.....Where's Tablepong? Want to know what kind of info he has.

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 5:37am
About the OOAK forum "ads", you might be interested to know that the ads for the shop was placed there after request from the users and the Mod's. Why? Simple because a lot of the members started out as customers and then went on to join the forum. When reading about some nice stuff, we wanted to check it out in the shop, so we asked Haggisv to place a link, which he did even if he was somewhat reluctant to do so at first since he wanted the forum to be separated from the store.

About links to his shop in sig here and elsewhere, thats got to be a thing between the user and the mod/admin of the forum. I think I speak for everyone when I say that a small link isn't as annoying as a big fat banner...

Further on, I for one don't mind retailers placing links in their sig, what bothers me is when all their posts are made to help their business rather then helping the potential customer.

Haggisv, unlike many others, don't always recommend items from his shop, in fact, once when I asked for advice on what to use, he pointed me in direction of another retailer who sold the stuff he thought would suit me.

I for one really fail to see why you are trying to pick a fight with Haggisv... Then again, having looked at the prices in your shop, I can see why you feel the need to eliminate some of the competition by badmouthing them...
The holy grail
agooding2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 10:28am

Sorry, I have not got it. You are saying Haggiv is showing courtesy by advertising his website on this forum and other North American forums - many of them have its own full time advertisers - while others are showing no courtesy by advertising in OOAK. I can only presume that I'm a fool and you have a fat brain Clap

No, you don't get it. 

As you say in the rules to the Table Tennis Network forum that you posted on 2/27/;07: "Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members."  http://www.tabletennisnetwork.com/TableTennisForum/tabid/99/forumid/6/postid/1/view/topic/Default.aspx

Do you think OOAK should have different rules than your own forum?

It's simple courtesy to not go to a forum connected to a shop to post and also PM members to advertise your own goods. 

Posting on here is different as MyTableTennis.net is not connected to a shop, so the rules on this here are more liberal than in other forums. Still, on most public TT forums, the moderators prefer that people buy advertising and that the "For Sale" folder be used for individual sellers, not retailers who should buy advertising space. 

Have you bought any advertising space on any forums?  Where?

If not, why not?

-- Andrew
jossix View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 11:24am
That was  a  home run  Andrew,right out of the park. game over,lol
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by jossix jossix wrote:

game over

Anyone got the scoreline? I think it must be something about 20-1 in Haggisv's favor, could that be correct?
The holy grail
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2008 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Anyone got the scoreline? I think it must be something about 20-1 in Haggisv's favor, could that be correct?

Not quite, my friend. I'm still puzzled with tablepong, who weirdly enough, started the topic. Then, briefly and mysteriously later, mentionned he had a long story to tell, but never told...
Afterall, this was maybe the purpose of all this, to settle the doubt, I mean ?
Funny methods tablePONG....LOL LOL
A bit too obvious though ...Wink
Neottec Hinoki Carbon
Victas V>01 Limber 1.8mm
DHS G888 1.8mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 4:15am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

What obvious? I don't get it.Shocked
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 4:28am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

What obvious? I don't get it.Shocked

Have a look at the number of posts to understand who it is really is...
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 4:57am
Originally posted by dimitris dimitris wrote:

Have a look at the number of posts to understand who it is really is...

Whose number of posts?

Well....I guess I must have missed something.....still don't get it.Cry

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 5:14am
I think someone is hinting at the possibility that Tablepong is someone else...Varghesep?

Wish the mods could check out the IP, cause people who use double accounts to get their message through should always be exposed. Or, if its a suspecion and it turns out to be wrong, then that info should come out to clean the suspected posters name.
The holy grail
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 5:46am
Don't think it's wise to point your finger to other member without proof..
It will be wise if you remove the user name on your post Speedplay..
I can see the logic behind the thinking but accusing someone without proof is just not right

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 5:55am
And I am agree with the majority. One more vote for haggisV for me..
*are we on a vote here??? LOL*

At any forum, i have never met anyone that has something bad to say to haggisV.
This is the first time someone attack him, and i must say i am a bit surprise by this..

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 9:59am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

At any forum, i have never met anyone that has something bad to say to haggisV.
This is the first time someone attack him, and i must say i am a bit surprise by this..

I think its an absolute Farse - In all the time I have been reading the forums, HaggisV has been Honest, Truthful and dam right Helpful. He is my Major opposition here in Australia.

I think members that Bag him have hidden agenda's.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Don't think it's wise to point your finger to other member without proof..It will be wise if you remove the user name on your post Speedplay..I can see the logic behind the thinking but accusing someone without proof is just not right

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I'm telling Bogeyhunter what I make from the posts. It would be an easy thing for the mod's to check it out and give the verdict.

@Rob, nice to run into you again, its been a while since the last time.
The holy grail
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 2:41pm
You are pointing your finger to a member, can you at least admit to that..??
Since you don't know for sure who tablepong is, You can PM Bogeyhunter to explain it in private about that possibility.. not naming the accused member on your post without proof.
It will be a different thing if you know for sure, i will not even comment on your previous post.
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by tablepong tablepong wrote:

thats what i thought. he runs the ooak forum. i have a long story to tell.

Hello...tablepong.

You have done the dirtiest trick I've ever seen. You started the topic to attack Haggisv and just stopped after peoples support Haggisv?

Peoples are waiting to know your "long story". Not man enough to clear your mess?

Well...at least, come out and help Vag clear his name......just saying 'I'm not vag" would be enough.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2008 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by tablepong tablepong wrote:

thats what i thought. he runs the ooak forum. i have a long story to tell.

Maybe the Long Story has got away from you, and your chasing your tail, trying to figure out what to say next.

Or

Maybe youre on a nice sunny beach having a well earned break.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 12:13am
this thread now reminds me of the time i witnessed someone registering a second account on an auction site to bid for the item he was selling (to drive the price up and or/prevent the low bidder from getting it cheaply)...

questionable ethics are questionable.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 12:36am
To Bogeyhunter:

Initially you have told "If anyone wants more details about who get kicked out(I don't know any), warned or suspended, ask MODS(Speedplay or Haggisv)." After few posts, you have changed your story. You yourself prove what a story changing guy you are.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 12:51am
You have some real problems - your bp is getting higher. You have problem in reading the posts and replies.

You've said in the other thread http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19186&KW=1700

"Video removed.....by TTnetwork request."

Let me just clarify you something. I have not requested you to remove the video. I have demanded you to remove it. I want the names of the places where you have posted my wife's and my videos without my permission and without asking me.

I've got it now. So, you want me to tell you that I'm TablePong - after you doing an attempt with other members to tell it first. I can understand your next plan after posting my videos on YouTube. Let me see what I can do. Send me the list of places where my videos are post first.

Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Haggisv just asked(didn't kicked you out) you to remove your big ads and stop PMing people trying to sell DVD..........

And ...... that "kick the butt" thing, I wouldn't do that if I were you. His rating is higher than you. Be careful when you have to play him. 

BTW.....Where's Tablepong? Want to know what kind of info he has. 

Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 1:35am
That's is video of me playing. I deleted coz I didn't want to have to do anything with you.

I don't know if you're or aren't tablepong. I'm asking tablepong to come out.      Wher's tablepong?
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 1:37am
I think you are wrong. I did not bad mouth Haggisv's business. I have written only regarding postings that have been deleted, updated which carried the ads of North American stores website address. As long as Haggisv or the moderators don't tell what has happened, this discussion can't be balanced.

Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

About the OOAK forum "ads", you might be interested to know that the ads for the shop was placed there after request from the users and the Mod's. Why? Simple because a lot of the members started out as customers and then went on to join the forum. When reading about some nice stuff, we wanted to check it out in the shop, so we asked Haggisv to place a link, which he did even if he was somewhat reluctant to do so at first since he wanted the forum to be separated from the store.

About links to his shop in sig here and elsewhere, thats got to be a thing between the user and the mod/admin of the forum. I think I speak for everyone when I say that a small link isn't as annoying as a big fat banner...

Further on, I for one don't mind retailers placing links in their sig, what bothers me is when all their posts are made to help their business rather then helping the potential customer.

Haggisv, unlike many others, don't always recommend items from his shop, in fact, once when I asked for advice on what to use, he pointed me in direction of another retailer who sold the stuff he thought would suit me.

I for one really fail to see why you are trying to pick a fight with Haggisv... Then again, having looked at the prices in your shop, I can see why you feel the need to eliminate some of the competition by badmouthing them...
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 1:41am
You are not the only guy playing in that video. It is me on the other end. If you dont give the places where you have posted my videos without my permission, I will take the issue one more step seriously.

Man, you are acting so crazy. You have quoted what I have posted and asked me "BTW.....Where's Tablepong? Want to know what kind of info he has." In the previous posts, you were attempting to prove tablepong and I are the same. Now you are saying you were asking Tablepong the question?

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 2:00am
Look at the front page of this site. You will see KILLERSPIN, MEGASPIN and many other advertisers who are paying - in addition to google ads.

Now let us talk about the other side of the coin. I can get a spot here on this forum. But the problem is the same that we are talking. I pay for an ad in a forum where the ads of other stores get benefited - the same problem OOAK has about other stores.

Originally posted by agooding2 agooding2 wrote:

Sorry, I have not got it. You are saying Haggiv is showing courtesy by advertising his website on this forum and other North American forums - many of them have its own full time advertisers - while others are showing no courtesy by advertising in OOAK. I can only presume that I'm a fool and you have a fat brain Clap

No, you don't get it. 

As you say in the rules to the Table Tennis Network forum that you posted on 2/27/;07: "Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members."  http://www.tabletennisnetwork.com/TableTennisForum/tabid/99/forumid/6/postid/1/view/topic/Default.aspx

Do you think OOAK should have different rules than your own forum?

It's simple courtesy to not go to a forum connected to a shop to post and also PM members to advertise your own goods. 

Posting on here is different as MyTableTennis.net is not connected to a shop, so the rules on this here are more liberal than in other forums. Still, on most public TT forums, the moderators prefer that people buy advertising and that the "For Sale" folder be used for individual sellers, not retailers who should buy advertising space. 

Have you bought any advertising space on any forums?  Where?

If not, why not?

-- Andrew
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 2:14am
I have not bought anything from Haggisv.

Haggisv has pursued me once to sell his spinmax in a different forum. I did not buy it. The other time he contacted me was he left a feedback for one of my reviews on TableTennisNetwork. He has asked me to join One Of A Kind Forum to discuss long pips.

I have bought only from Robert before - a XIOM Orlando Blade. I have also purchased few other rubbers along with that blade. But I was charged $4 per rubber sheet in addition to the shipping charge. I sent an email to Robert about that and he refunded the amount. The other time was, his site was down and I sent him an email about it. I received a reply from his Blackberry.

Recently I have got the feedback that the ads carrying the names of the North American stores are deleted from OOAK. I have expressed my feedback only in that aspect.

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 3:10am
Guys, can we put an end to this.  I think if Vargeshep and Bogeyhunter have some issues to be settled, please do it on private messages.  I am afraid that this will go too far and makes other people who are interested in joining MyTT change their mind after reading the bickerings, etc.  If both of you express how you both feel here, it is fine, but most of us, I believe, do not have a clue because it went back to the earlier dispute between you two.

Is it OK guys?  Please don't get carried away.  Peace .....  .
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 3:29am

I have bought only from Robert before - a XIOM Orlando Blade. I have also purchased few other rubbers along with that blade. But I was charged $4 per rubber sheet in addition to the shipping charge. I sent an email to Robert about that and he refunded the amount. The other time was, his site was down and I sent him an email about it. I received a reply from his Blackberry.

Do you think the rubber has a weight of Zero. Of course there will be a charge for sending rubbers - especially to the USA.

If the weight of the blade and rubber falls below the shipping weight we refund the excess postage.

95% of our rubbers have their shipping weight set to 0 grams.

PS. I still think its rude to advertise on someone else's Forum, when someone did it on my Forum, I kindly asked them to stop.

I do think though that some Sellers (wont name any) get away to much advertising on this Forum, whether it be by a direct link to some Blog spot, or to the product. Some advertising is OK, especially if someone asks for a particular product. But this should all be discussed in another thread.

Please leave this one for HaggisV feedback.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2008 at 3:29am

I have not bought anything from Haggisv.

Haggisv has pursued me once to sell his spinmax in a different forum. I did not buy it. The other time he contacted me was he left a feedback for one of my reviews on TableTennisNetwork. He has asked me to join One Of A Kind Forum to discuss long pips.

Recently I have got the feedback that the ads carrying the names of the North American stores are deleted from OOAK. I have expressed my feedback only in that aspect.

varghesep: I do not persue people to buy things, that is not my way. I might have asked (there is a big difference) if you were interested...can't remember the exact wording....

Your reviews on long pimples were good, and since our forum is very big on pimple rubber discussion and I'm real interested in this myself, I might well have mentioned the forum to you as it could have been of interest to you, I can't remember the wording as it's a long time ago.

Since you're asking publicly why your posts were deleted, I'll be happy to share... Bogeyhunter comments were quite accurate...

1. You joined the forum a long time ago and made some good posts... I had no problem having your tabletennisnetwork URL in the signature.

2. Then you started making more and more references to your tabletennisnetwork site, bringing it onto the conversation even if it was not relevant. You didn't stop there, but turned your signature into a huge banner that made the threads hard to read. You also started PMing people trying to promote your videos, which was annoying people as a few people complained.

3. At this point I sent you a friendly PM, asking if you could stop PMing people to promote your video site, and to remove the huge banner in your signature. I explained the forum is not for promoting your own website or business, but for discussing equipment.

4. You did not reply, but immediately deleted the content of ALL the posts you made in the forum in the past (about 50), and left without saying a word...

5. You returned recently with another post, where you added no relevant information to the thread, but posted the link to your shop. This I deleted as you had been warned before, and I saw this as blatant advertising. It was discussed among the mods and all agreed.

IMO, in a forum, a link to your site in the signature does not bother most people, in fact some people find it useful to see who you are, and will check out the URL if they choose... Advertising in the actual post is different, most people expect relevant information to the discussion and unbiassed opinions...  People do not want 'sales people' there trying to promote their business... If they want to know where they can buy it, they can always ask...

How things run in this forum is up to the mods here, I suspect it's similar, but in our forum that's the way it is.. and most people there appreciated it for that fact...

I hope that's cleared it up, and we can put an end to this fruitless discussion!

I would like to thank many of the posters here that have posted to defend myself and our forum, I really appreciate the kind commentsEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic