FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[haggisv] Best of Brand series - Yasaka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [haggisv] Best of Brand series - Yasaka
    Posted: 07/31/2008 at 12:47am

As the previous threads on the "best of brand series" seemed quite succesful, I'll continue onto the next brand: Yasaka.

What we're after here is opinions on what are the best rubbers/blades from this particular brand. It would be great to get as many opinions as possible about which you think are notable/special products from the particular brand, and a brief reason why. It's not about finding out which is THE most popular, but about finding a range of rubbers/blades from that manufacturer which are good and stand out a little.

This can be useful and interesting for anyone to find out a little about a brand, and can be particularly helpful to those that only have access to one or 2 brands, or have a personal preference to a particular brand.

I will also run it at the other major forums, and after a week or 2 I'll compile the list and summarise the comments. Then we can start on the next brand.

Brand of this thread: Yasaka

[Brands covered already: Butterfly, Joola]

Cheers!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 1:00am

I think the Mark V series, especially the original and the 30deg glued would be the most popular by far, and probably among the most popular in the world!

Yasaka don't seem to be that big on blades compared to the likes of BTY & Stiga, although the Ma Lin Carbon and Gatien extra 3D seem very popular...

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 1:25am

Couple great new Yasaka rubbers as Yasaka X-tend HS, Yasaka Pryde.

Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (YEO) could be considered as great blade as well.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 3:58am
yasaka ma lin variations
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 4:06am
Aha, I can contribute for this brand !!!Wink

Definitely Mark V !!!  For the variants,  Mark V 30 and Mark V AD (debatable on this one).

For Blade:  Definitely Extra and / or Extra 3D.  Mine is Extra 3D, never try original Extra.

I have also tried Ma Lin Carbon and Ma Lin Soft Carbon.  They are both OK and felt a bit similar to Donic Waldner Senso Carbon.
Valentine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valentine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 6:51am

I have not used Mark V in a long time, but I did for many years. It's a great rubber. I also play wiht Extra 3d. I tried some other blades, even made the switch a couple of times but I always come back to it. Even if I'm using a faster blade, I find I can hit faster shots when I go back to my old Extra 3d. Gatien Offensive and Offensive 40 are great blades too.

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 7:09am
the regular yasaka extra, extra offensive, and original T version(sp)
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 6:22pm
Thanks guys! Does anyone know where their factories are? All their stuff I've seen looks of pretty high quality, perhaps it's all made in Japan?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Thylacine View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thylacine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 6:43pm
 With no doubt:

Blade: Musashi Special
 Rubber: Mark V

_________
  I think that all of their blades are made in Sweden, except for the 1ply hinokis:
Single Ply Hinoki club
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 6:53pm
i used Yasaka "Black Power" at some point of time..

Was among the fastest rubbers in those days. Later I think, Butterfly came into prominance.

Mark V definitely is a well balanced rubber. In India it's kind of a coaches favorite rubber to teach techniques.

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

Couple great new Yasaka rubbers as Yasaka X-tend HS, Yasaka Pryde.

does anyone know how soft/hard the sponge of Pryde is?
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 7:16pm
I currently play with Extra 3D with Pryde on FH. 

I have not tried many tensor rubbers, but IMO Pryde is as good as Donic's tensors but with a little bit cheaper price tag.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 7:25pm
Yasaka Original T-Version
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 8:19pm
I personally would love to know more about Xtend and Pryde, there has been a bit of buzz about these, anyone with some experience, love to know why this should be best of brand. (Possibly this deserves another thread though)
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Thanks guys! Does anyone know where their factories are? All their stuff I've seen looks of pretty high quality, perhaps it's all made in Japan?

Most of their blades are made in Sweden, probably where the Stiga stuff are made. Some rubbers are made in China, some in ESN, and most of them are in Japan.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 8:54pm
Mark V and the other similar Yasaka's have allways been the best rubber to use when learning table tennis, still is really in 1.8-2.0mm you wouldn't find a better rubber for learning correct European shot making :). Then you can step up to a more powerful rubber later on if you need to
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

Most of their blades are made in Sweden, probably where the Stiga stuff are made. Some rubbers are made in China, some in ESN, and most of them are in Japan.

Interesting, didn't know that about their blades!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 8:04am
So which ones of the V-Stage and and the X-Tend series are the most popular? Are the popularity of their rubber likely to change after the glue ban? Obviously the Pryde is likely to become popular, with it's in-built speed glue effect, but what about the other?
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 8:09am
Yasaka blades have been made in Sweden since 1993.

The first blade they produced in Sweden was the Gatien Extra, which has been popular with loopers ever since.

V stage works well on the forehand of a Synergy blade.

Xtend is better than Mark V in my experience on a number of blades.

TAKOYAK1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAKOYAK1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 8:12am
I'd say the mark V rubbers by far and recently the YEO
Blade: Nittaku Septear Cpen
FH: DHS H3 Provincial 2.2
BH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro 2.2
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 12:20pm

So which ones of the V-Stage and and the X-Tend series are the most popular? Are the popularity of their rubber likely to change after the glue ban? Obviously the Pryde is likely to become popular, with it's in-built speed glue effect, but what about the other?

From conversations here in the forum, I would guess the X-Tend is more popular, the V-Stage is hardly ever mentioned and, when that happens, it is mostly in the form "how does V-Stage perform"? Personally I use V-Stage on my backhand without glue, as a less spinny with a bit less speed rubber than the EGP I am using on my forehand, but with better control and consistency. It is an indeed rare occasion playing against another person with V-Stage, although a few times my opponent had X-Tend. Price also may be a factor in this decision, the V-Stage consistently being priced above $40 and never on sale, where the X-Tend costs $32, and less if on sale. In some other thread, Geoff was mentioning that the V-Stage's 42 degrees of hardness are always consistent through very careful quality control, which may be the reason Yasaka is always keeping the price high and probably the profit margin low, since there is never a sale on this product.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 12:38pm

Most, if not all the Yasaka blades are made in Sweden.
Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 12:42pm
Yasaka is a weird brand in terms of blade and rubber making.

The New-Era rubbers for example, are made in China. The Gatien blades are made in Sweden. Mark V is made in Japan. So their products are made everywhere actually.

Their prices are not crazy like butterfly which is good. i think the YEO is going to become a classic.

The Mark V is already a classic.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 12:57pm
THat makes sense that new era is made in China, as eacheng.net just got all those rubbers in~
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 1:13pm
i love the yasaka visco!
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 9:15pm
IMHO, the best Yasaka rubber would be the Mark V GPS and the best blade would be the YEO. Maxwood is also a good blade but it's a little bit heavy.

Rgds graeztch
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 9:22pm
my first penhold blade was Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D cpen,

and because i loved it so much, I bought one for shakehand too..

i also purchased YEO, felt so good...

then my first yasaka rubber was v-stage....

then went to mark v, mark v xs, mark v m2, fusion, new-era...

if i didn't switch to shakehand, i would probably kept playing YEO..

and i'm always tempted to try v-stage again...

YEO with V-stage... lovely combination :D
graeztch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graeztch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by T h e N A M T h e N A M wrote:

my first penhold blade was Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D cpen,

and because i loved it so much, I bought one for shakehand too..

i also purchased YEO, felt so good...

then my first yasaka rubber was v-stage....

then went to mark v, mark v xs, mark v m2, fusion, new-era...

if i didn't switch to shakehand, i would probably kept playing YEO..

and i'm always tempted to try v-stage again...

YEO with V-stage... lovely combination :D

Hi,

Why didn't you get the YEO FL/ST.

Agreed with you. It's really a good blade with good feel.

Rgds graezcth
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2008 at 9:42pm
i love korbel on shakehand, but not so much on cpen..

i love yeo on cpen, but not so much on shakehand...

weird... lol
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2008 at 10:26am
Thanks for all the replies!

Anyone else have any further comments on Yasaka blades or rubbers, or any facts about the manufacturer, before I summarise this and move onto the next brand? Cheers!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic