Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: Nittaku Septear CS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Nittaku Septear CS
    Posted: 10/10/2008 at 10:31am
It�s hard and it�s soft: My new blade Nittaku Septear CS October 10th, 2008

First, let�s have a look on my blade:

image003.jpg image006.jpg image009.jpg image012.jpg

First impression: When I open the box, I found that the craftwork of the blade is really good, very attractive. At the same time, I find the smell that only can found in Hinoki wood! It�s very light in weight,73g only. (This is Chinese penhold, FL / ST may be heavier)

Testing: Here is my testing configuration: Forehand: Nittaku Moristo 2000 MAX, Backhand: Nittaku Narucross EX Soft.

Both forehand and backhand rubbers are the one I used for competition and practicing. For looping, it can make high loop easily. Although this is a 7-plywood blade, I cannot find the hard feeling as the stiga clipper wood, it�s powerful but soft. I can find the soft wood feeling (hinoki wood) when I power hit the ball, the feeling is quite different from my first blade, Malin Carbon, my hand can feel the soft touch on the hinoki wood. If I compare it to general 5-plywood, it�s more powerful but keep the same (or even better)hand feeling. It�s amazing! Of course, it�s not as powerful as those �carbon� blade, but it can give you a balance in between 5-plywood and carbon blade.

Conclusion: I think this blade is a good selection in the age of glue-banned, it�s fast, good feeling and easy-to-control blade, it can give you the special ball hitting feeling of the hinoki wood, and it�s light in weight!

http://www.ttrubberman.com

Sponsored Links

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 10:53am
i really think i got a bad septear, slow as ****
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 6:11pm

Are there two different versions of Septear (normal and special for chinese team version)? I saw that they are sold two different prices at Taiwan's site. Does anyone know what is the different between two versions?

ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2008 at 11:02pm
You can see this on TableTennisDB.com:
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/table-tennis-blade.php?id=nittaku-septear

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2008 at 1:26am
Originally posted by ppgear ppgear wrote:

You can see this on TableTennisDB.com:
http://www.tabletennisdb.com/table-tennis-blade.php?id=nittaku-septear

It seems that you've not even seen it LOL because none is available LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic