FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Australia & table tennis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australia & table tennis
    Posted: 12/05/2008 at 11:57pm
The Brisbane table tennis association has tables set up Monday to Friday.
(we pack them up only sometimes for weekends to help raise money for the club by other functions)

Are there any other clubs that you know of that have tables constantly set up? 
If you are not in Australia, I am still interested in the club situation in your country. 

oh, are there any A grade players on this forum from Australia?

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Sponsored Links

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 12:22am
yes check out the club i play at ...open 7 days a week 10 til 10:30, 18 tables,soon to be 36 after the expansion!
it really has takin off here in the past 3 or 4 years ....lucky for me

here is link: http://www.cctta.ca/cctta.asp

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 12:55am
wow your club looks great i am so envious! and $2000 for winning an open, far out man.  In Brisbane you are lucky to get $200.

But what's the deal with the ratings, I'm having trouble believing you have over 3000 rated players.  That would mean they are like Timo Boll or top ten in the world.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 1:34am
well the guy you see there at the top is a sponsored player for butterfly ...rated #1 in all of canada ....it is also canadian rating ...but they do play at the world level with the top guys around the world

but we do have a lot of members just under 3000 at our club

oh and just to really rub it in .....10 minutes from that club is another popular club  just down the street that just opened this year. open the same hours and nearly the same amount of tables. it is also doing very well and really starting to open up the sport ....but overall we have long way to go here in canada ....but i think were going in the right direction!!

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 1:56am
oh and ya..... we have toronto top 8 every sunday 5 bucks to play, about 30-45 players ....mostly over 2000 rating and pays $100 most sundays but sometimes $300

lots of opportunity to play games here .....but i think there needs to be more opportunity to train here with out paying through the teeth. i think the clubs should run some clinics for different levels
we have some good players from other country's here  that always ask ...."but where and when do you train?".....cuz 80% of us just play games

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 4:56am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

(we pack them up only sometimes for weekends to help raise money for the club by other functions)

If you are not in Australia, I am still interested in the club situation in your country. 

In SA we have quite a few clubs setup with tables permanently, although some are a little smaller than your club (I've been to your club a few times).
I'm an A grade player from Australia... I know there are a few others here too...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 10:29am

Who is an A grade player? Is this a kind of rating?
Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 10:51am
Yes there are quite a few clubs in Australia that have tables constantly set up. Some have tables open till 2am!
Details can be found via the Table tennis Australia website. http://www.tabletennis.org.au/

As for A grade players, I saw the Australian number one post on one of the other forums, so it's a good bet some of them haunt these forums too.
Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
Anger Manager View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anger Manager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Recanter Recanter wrote:

Yes there are quite a few clubs in Australia that have tables constantly set up. Some have tables open till 2am!
Details can be found via the Table tennis Australia website. http://www.tabletennis.org.au/

As for A grade players, I saw the Australian number one post on one of the other forums, so it's a good bet some of them haunt these forums too.

Is Willie here?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 2:18pm
Around Boston there is only one club, I think, with permanently installed tables - in Medford. All the others rent from YMCAs or school gyms for just a couple days a week. There is also RITTA which is pretty close to my part of MA - but that's officially in Rhode Island.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Recanter Recanter wrote:

Yes "he's under thewook82", and another good player is here as well scott houston??? can't remember??? gonna have to do a search....

Yep... I also play A grade. You will find a lot of tt club is NSW west suburbs always open, clubs like mounties, auburns RSL, granville RSL, wentworthville leagues, cabra-vale diggers, blacktown .........

Ginko

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 2:40pm
I'm the number one player in my town and A2 ish (number two in A grade in the smaller/mid size cities in Victoria). But probably pretty average in Melbourne I'd say :). I live close to Mount Gambier but have no played there, I often wonder if I'd be ranked in the top couple over there or not, should be

DTopSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2008 at 5:52pm
Scott Houston would probably be under "ForehandFlick", that seems to be a favorite nickname of his.

I play A grade in Perth, where our main centre has 7 table set up permanently. We really need more space though - it's a bit smallish for defenders like me, and we definitely need more tables for tournaments etc.

Greg
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2008 at 2:35am
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

Are there any other clubs that you know of that have tables constantly set up?�

If you are not in Australia, I am still interested in the club situation in your country.�

Who is an A grade player? Is this a kind of rating?

Its more of a level or a grade than a rating, so very general.
I think in most places theres grades A to D...
And we have to move our way up by winning comps starting from the lower grades, so you might win a comp this year so next year your pushed up a grade.

Ginko

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 12:59am
I'm probably heading down to Sydney around Christmas is there anything open?  places with aircon of course... 

BTTA shuts this week and its the thing I hate about chrissy holidays, no tt is not a holiday...Cry
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 1:06am

I'm probably heading down to Sydney around Christmas is there anything open?  places with aircon of course... 

BTTA shuts this week and its the thing I hate about chrissy holidays, no tt is not a holiday...Cry

Yeah... where abouts are you planning on staying brisvegas???

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 1:09am
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16402&PN=1

first post there's a link to place where.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Mars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 8:34am

Hi bozbrisvegas,

another aussie here, I  am currently playing (trying) in A1 @ the Dandenong TT Club in Melbourne, I think we have 14 or 16 tables permanently set up in a dedicated hall. 

We are pretty lucky here in Melb as we have MSAC, Coburg, Croydon and a few other similar sized setups and each tends to run rounds of senior &  junior comps each week.  Most are open 7 days a week with pennant rounds played on weeknight.

cheers
Mars
Blade Stiga Hybrid Wood
FH Andro Roxon 450 max
BH DHS H3 max (Prov)
Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 8:36am
Originally posted by DTopSpirit DTopSpirit wrote:

Scott Houston would probably be under "ForehandFlick", that seems to be a favorite nickname of his.

I play A grade in Perth, where our main centre has 7 table set up permanently. We really need more space though - it's a bit smallish for defenders like me, and we definitely need more tables for tournaments etc.

Greg

ZOMG it's Greg!
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 10:23am
hahaha yeah i just realised its mr lett's from the darker side of the force [oneofakind forum lol] LOL
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Mars Mars wrote:

Hi bozbrisvegas,

another aussie here, I  am currently playing (trying) in A1 @ the Dandenong TT Club in Melbourne, I think we have 14 or 16 tables permanently set up in a dedicated hall. 

We are pretty lucky here in Melb as we have MSAC, Coburg, Croydon and a few other similar sized setups and each tends to run rounds of senior &  junior comps each week.  Most are open 7 days a week with pennant rounds played on weeknight.

cheers
Mars

hey, man. I played in dandy for a fews season. what is your name?
DTopSpirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTopSpirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Beer Belly Beer Belly wrote:

Originally posted by DTopSpirit DTopSpirit wrote:

Greg

ZOMG it's Greg!

Yep - I get around! Tongue Long before I took over at About.com, I used to browse several TT forums (while sitting around at work). Saw no reason to change just because I now have my own site and work from my home study!

So watch what you say - as has been mentioned before at OOAK, speak my name and I might just appear! Wink
Mars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Hi bozbrisvegas,

cheers
Mars

hey, man. I played in dandy for a fews season. what is your name?

Hi Jackwong23,

I am 1 of 2 Mario's @ the club but I am not the bald one.

Which grade did you play in,  if it was in any of the A grades we may have played against each other. If so whats your name? 
Do you still play comp anywhere ?

cheers Mars
Blade Stiga Hybrid Wood
FH Andro Roxon 450 max
BH DHS H3 max (Prov)
shaun226 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun226 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2008 at 9:42pm
Hi I play at Coburg in Victoria. The club has 11 tables and a Robot. It is open 6.30 pm until 10.00 pm Monday to Friday and 1.00pm until 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. The tables are always set up because the building is only used for table tennis.
   Membership is $160 for the year. It also sells equipment.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2008 at 12:26am
Originally posted by shaun226 shaun226 wrote:

Hi I play at Coburg in Victoria. The club has 11 tables and a Robot. It is open 6.30 pm until 10.00 pm Monday to Friday and 1.00pm until 6pm on Saturday and Sunday. The tables are always set up because the building is only used for table tennis.

Wow that is awesome! Wish we had clubs like that!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Mars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2008 at 2:12am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Originally posted by shaun226 shaun226 wrote:

Wow that is awesome! Wish we had clubs like that!

Hi haggisv,

just another reason for you South Australians to hate us Victorians.Big%20smile

If you are ever over here in the Big V let us know and we 
can organize a friendly hit for you with many of the victorian on this site and the great OOAK site.   Keep up all your great TT endeavors.

cheers
Mars

Blade Stiga Hybrid Wood
FH Andro Roxon 450 max
BH DHS H3 max (Prov)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2008 at 5:21am
I heard the TT facilities over there are truely better than anything we got up here.

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2008 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Ginko Tai Kim Ginko Tai Kim wrote:

I heard the TT facilities over there are truely better than anything we got up here.

It's true. MSAC is like a permanent Homebush facility. And hearing that there're two more just like it is just blasphemy LOLLOLLOL

As a sidenote: most of the NSW A graders here already know each other and play/train with each other regularly, it'd be far more interesting if we could unite players from other states also.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Mars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2008 at 8:49am
Hey guys,

heres a picture of our TT club @ Dandenong.  ( I hope this works)

This was on a lazy Sunday afternoon afternoon, group coaching had finished and most player headed off home.

cheers
mars

Blade Stiga Hybrid Wood
FH Andro Roxon 450 max
BH DHS H3 max (Prov)
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2008 at 12:24pm

Hey guys,

heres a picture of our TT club @ Dandenong.  ( I hope this works)

This was on a lazy Sunday afternoon afternoon, group coaching had finished and most player headed off home.

cheers
mars

nice... that is what i would have expected from a place like australia!

so far you look like you have the best club to play at in australia in terms of how it is set up and appearance anyway

can anyone from down-under top that one?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic