Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robot Reviews !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Irrelephant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irrelephant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 9:34pm

Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

The motors on a Super Master or Newgy for instance are very small and cheap in built compared to what the higher end robots use.  But still there is not many failures with the cheaper motors used in the Newgy or Super Master robots these days.  

The motors on the Double snakes, supermaster, newgy, and smart pong are all identical, at least dimensionally. All 'commercial' 540-550 permanent brushed dc motors, nominal 9-15v. These things are in everything, not just robots. R/C cars use them a lot (how I got familiar with them).

Interestingly, the newgy, double snakes and supermaster motors and wheels use exactly the same pressed on output shaft with two little flats. I tried to put a newgy wheel on the smart pong, but it's just a little to wide. The wheels on the supermaster and Newgy are dimensionally the same, and the doublesnakes is very close. I don't know if the rubber is the same.

All these robots clearly share a common design history. Check it out sometime, it's pretty silly how little these robots differ. They're all just ripping each other off or the design is being outsourced to one guy in china. You could just buy spare parts from all of them and make a frankenstein for less then a new one. 

On the upside, you can just buy new wheels from newgy for 4 bucks or something if you have one of those robots. I bought a bunch for a school project and i still have some left over. They are even the same on all the newgy robots I think.

Edited by Irrelephant - 08/09/2010 at 9:35pm
Sponsored Links

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by twain twain wrote:

Rich, I read with much interest your reviews, and very comprehensive they are. One question I wonder if you or anyone knows is this. I have used a newgy robopong and on oscillation you can set it to fire balls slowly or quickly whilst oscillating at the same speed - thus you never quite know where the ball is going to land.

With the Double Snake 2 it seems to operate the same, but there is mention on the Double snake 4 that it is different. Do you know what this difference is and whether you can still set the oscillation on this basis, or whether the ball fires at exact fixed points and this sort of randomness is lost?

Many thanks

twain,  the FQJ-4 does not oscillate back and forth like the FQJ-2.   The FQJ-4 has a fixed position setting for left to right landing spots.  So you can set a position then the robot will shoot balls to that exact landing spot one after another.  Instead of the full oscillation mode that the FQJ-2 has...the FQJ-4  uses the various pre-programmed advanced functions to give you various changes in landing spots. 

I wish they would of added the same full left to right oscillation mode the FQJ-2 has on the FQJ-4.  Not sure why they did not have that in the FQJ-4.  But after using the FQJ-4, this was not that big of a problem with the added features the FQJ-4 has over the FQJ-2.    

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2010 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Irrelevant Irrelevant wrote:

Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

The motors on a Super Master or Newgy for instance are very small and cheap in built compared to what the higher end robots use.  But still there is not many failures with the cheaper motors used in the Newgy or Super Master robots these days.  

The motors on the Double snakes, supermaster, newgy, and smart pong are all identical, at least dimensionally. All 'commercial' 540-550 permanent brushed dc motors, nominal 9-15v. These things are in everything, not just robots. R/C cars use them a lot (how I got familiar with them).

Interestingly, the newgy, double snakes and supermaster motors and wheels use exactly the same pressed on output shaft with two little flats. I tried to put a newgy wheel on the smart pong, but it's just a little to wide. The wheels on the supermaster and Newgy are dimensionally the same, and the doublesnakes is very close. I don't know if the rubber is the same.

All these robots clearly share a common design history. Check it out sometime, it's pretty silly how little these robots differ. They're all just ripping each other off or the design is being outsourced to one guy in china. You could just buy spare parts from all of them and make a frankenstein for less then a new one. 

On the upside, you can just buy new wheels from newgy for 4 bucks or something if you have one of those robots. I bought a bunch for a school project and i still have some left over. They are even the same on all the newgy robots I think.

Irrelevant, the motors are not even close to the same on the Double Snakes compared to the Super Master or Newgy (same as Super Master), not sure about the Smart Pong....but I hear it is of the same quality as the Newgy or Super Master.   The cans are not 540's on the Super Master. I recall the last time I took one apart, they are maybe a 380 or close to that size.....very whimpy actually in comparison to a 540.  I know what a 540 is...I used to race RC cars for way too long and have a basement full of cars and parts still.  But size of the can is one thing....the inerts are another.

The rubber throwing wheels on the Double Snakes and Super Master robots are different in compound.  They work about the same though.  Both are rubber covers with a plastic hub.... but again the Super Master plastic is not as good as the Double Snakes. 

But you are correct on the lower end robots like the Newgy, Super Master, Smart Pong robots, they are close to basic design elements in the mechanical end of it.  They are miles apart from any other high end robots like the Y&T's, Oukei's, Double Snakes, and a few others. 

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2010 at 2:18pm
The Super Maser 5th Generation robot is now available.  It has a few nice updates that make it a much better robot than all the past versions. 

SUPER MASTER 5
TaFei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2010 at 4:18am

I have a Supermaster T288 3rd generation with a double motor.

Contrary to what people say, you can increase the spin without a speed increase, is not true.

Increasing the spin by even 1 on the scale 0f 1-8, will send the ball some 3 feet further out. Which means that not only is the micro adjustments a hassle, but is virtually impossible to experience the full backspin to a certain point on the table.

I don't know if other brands can do better, but any help from those owning Supermaster regarding this would be appreciated.

I was thinking of buying a second hand Ipong to fill in this blank spot, but the high courier costs scuttled my plans.

umibozuuu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umibozuuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2010 at 12:18am
I'm still unsure about some terminology..
Long/Short I would like to call 'depth', the other dimension of the table plane other than left/right.Left/Right is divided into 1-9 or 1-11 for OuKei resp Y&T, and depth is divided into 1-8 for OuKei and into 2 for Y&T (right?). I'll say 1 is closest to the net and use (left/right,depth) notation for landing spots. Then there's the Vertical angle head movement (throw angle), which I take to mean '0 is horizontal, 90 (obviously unfeasible) straight up, -90 straight down'.

One thing I really don't get is whether or not the language 'landing spot' as it is used in the reviews, the documents, the ads etc actually means just the (left/right) coordinate or the actual spot on the table (left/right, AND depth)?

Q1)Say I want a (9,3) then a (1,8) - with identical speed and spin: what robots can give that?
Obviously dual-heads..if I want nothing else in the sequence I can waste a head per landing spot. What about single heads?I'm given the impression the tw2700-08 with its single head can let me do any sequence of actual spots say (5,4)(6,3)(8,2)(7,5), that easy. With the Y&T you have to use the Long/Short button but I'm given the impression it works just the same, only the depth is divided into 1-2 not 1-8? Do they need to change vertical head angle to make that happen?
(Deflector design robots presumably don't need to change vertical angle to change landing depth, I seem to see there is a 'top-bottom deflector' above the 'left-right' deflectors? If and how a non-deflector design robot can change landing depth during a sequence while maintaining speed and spin is beyond me. Maybe by changing wheel speed on the go, and counting on air friction to gradually take away that extra speed before the ball reaches me :s? But I'm under the impression that wheel speed never ever changes during a sequence! (right?)) Is it true that in output, the effect of the top-bottom deflector is much like that of changing the head throw angle?
Q2) I'm trying to figure out an example of why it's bad that wheel speeds are set dependently on the OuKei S9. I think this is it: I want to play with the same placement, first mild topspin then heavy topspin. Again, with two heads: easy. Now using one head, I have to hit N mild topspins first then stop, push some buttons and then go for the heavy topspins. When I change the spin setting, the faster-thrown ball will land further out (Is this notable?) , so I have to change the depth setting too (to a closer the net depth to end up with same effective depth), and what's more I'm getting a faster ball? Is there no other example illustrating the woes of having dependent wheel speeds?

Q3)I wonder which robots can manage to produce in sequence the two different types of slow topsin serve described below landing in the same spot. Say I want to practice returning slow topsin serves to (5,2), but some have a vertical bounce(- in real play if the serve's first bounce was closer to the server's side of the net, usually -) and others a more forward bounce (when serve's first bounce was closer to the server, and often the ball as hit by server would be a bit faster but not necessarily depending on skill). One way would certainly be to change the "vertical head / throw angle" for each of the balls. So I would think that OuKei's tw2700-08 AND S9 can do it? And if Y&Ts can do it, it would be using some other trick, since i believe the Y&T vertical head angle cannot be adjusted in-sequence, being manually operated and all. It would seem impossible that any deflectorless robot manage this, because whatever settings you use, the throwing head is at a given point? (On this topic, it would be awesome to make nets where you can poke the robot through in several places so you don't always get a ball thrown from the middle.)
Samsonov Alpha CS:higher2.0 /PRO XP2.0
Galaxy E4 CS:LKT Red Diamond/729 Sky Wing 2.0
umibozuuu View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umibozuuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2010 at 12:36am
So thanks to reading through things again and copious detailed clarifications from Rich215, I think I can answer my own questions:
Q1) None of them can, because the Long/Short (button on Y&T) or (setting on OuKei) are applied randomly! CryWhy, oh why would they stick to that? Maybe the choice to drop Long or Short is made at mechanically convenient moments not 'actual randomly'?
Q2)yes, that's pretty much the problem right there.
Q3) Maybe Double Snakes,using the ability to adjust head angle in sequence.

The market now has some amazing machines compared to a few years ago! Still, as someone who doesn't even own a robot yet, I want my future opponent to last me endless evenings of fun. After some brooding, a few design points leave me feeling "faraway, so close":
-It seems the OuKei landing depth from a given head (on tw2700-08!) can be only one of two things inside a given sequence (ie the chosen Long depth and the chosen Short depth). Since that landing depth is obtained through adjusting the top/bottom deflector, which is presumably the same quality of actuator as the left/right deflector (which itself IS able to change several positions in sequence), OuKei seems close to achieving the ability to do sequences of 3 or more different depths.
-On the two-headers both Y&T and OuKei ditched the Long/Short feature. This is really surprising as is the wheel speed coupling for OuKei..
Finally, it can't hurt to wish for a future where 'points from' would be various places:
-Having multiple (doorlike open or closed) position-holes in the netting would allow the robot to be poked through elsewhere than midtable. So diagonal loops on a ball coming "straight to my backhand down the line" would be more realistic than if I stand midtable, where I can't do a proper diagonal hit.
-Having a Jack-like contraption somewhere below the ball basket+vertical ball pipe section, and making it stable would allow easy raising of the robot.
Let's see how things develop :D
Samsonov Alpha CS:higher2.0 /PRO XP2.0
Galaxy E4 CS:LKT Red Diamond/729 Sky Wing 2.0
sermft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sermft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 9:16pm
I`m building a robot at home and don`t know what motor should I use...
any sugestions
please specifications and model of motor if possible
thanks

sermft
sermft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sermft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2011 at 9:34pm
IM building a homemade robot and dont know what motor to use best
any suggestions!
thanks
sermft
SSSKUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSSKUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2011 at 4:18am
HI
I HAVE 540 AND SUPERMASTER -2.

THE  540 CANNNOT DO NONE SPIN AND A LITTLE TOO SLOW WHEN I NEED . SO I UPGRADE THE SUPERMASTER THAT CAN DO WHAT I NEED.

THE SUPERMASTER-2 ALL NONE SPIN AT ANY TYPE OF ADJUST .AND NOW I MADE TWO SWITCHS..
THE FIRST SWITCH:
ONE ON/OFF SWITCH FOR TOP MOTOR WHICH MAKE TOP WHEEL   "SPIN"  OR " STOP"( THIS WHEEL DO NOT STOP WHEN YU ADJUST THE SPEED TO "0" ,THAT IS WHY THEY ALWAYS NONE SPINE)..>>THIS CHENGE MAKE BOTTOM SPIN BECOME TRUE. AND THE SPEED SLOWER TO WHAT I NEED.

THE SECOND SWITCH:
IS A THREE WAYS SWITCH..MAKE THE BOTTOM WHEEL  CAN "FOREWAOD" ."STOP" OR "BACKWORD"..YES  """BACKWORD""". 

AFTER THOSE CHANGES I GET WHAT I NEED..FIX THE PROBLEMS OF SUPERMASTER..
I GET
1./BOTTOM SPIN WITH SLOWER SPEED.
2./NONE SPIN. WHICH SAME AS WHAT SUPERMASTER COME.
3./TOP SPIN WITH GOOD SPEED WHICH COMPARE WITH 540.
4./HIGH THROW HIGH SPIN LOOP (SLOW  AND VERY SPIN)...THIS USE BACKWORD BOTTOM WHEEL..

I AM NOT SURE WHY MY SUPERMASTER CAN NOT HAVE A STOP WHEEL WHEN THE SPEED NUMBER IS "0"..BUT I AM A VERY HAPPY MAN NOW...^--^.

WHY I DON`T MAKE THE TOP WHEEL BACKWORD. AS EVEN AT STOP MODE.. THE BOTTOM SPIN IS VERY HEAVY ALREADY. YOU CAN DO THAT IF YU NEED IT.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

TaFei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 6:33am
The problem I have with the Supermaster 4 is that I cannot adjust a heavy backspin without a corresponding forward velocity. In other words, I cannot have a short powerful backspin like a short service.
Anyone knows how to adjust this? TIA
SSSKUO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSSKUO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2011 at 6:51pm
hi

for heavy back spin.  need to do some change for supermaster.
1./try to make sure when adjust the top wheel to "zero" ..check the top wheel in the robot.. if still running. yu need to add a little switch to stop the wheel(motor). this will make a better back spin.. even the wheel free(). the easy way is to stop the wheel by something and play>> yu will see the different.

2./if this is not enough spin for yu.. just change the switch to 3 ways. can make wheel forewaord/stop/ backword.  yu will get a very heavy backcpin( can be adkjust also). slow or fast  you can adjust too.

Wink

ps: the DC MOTOR IS VERY EASY TO MAKE THOSE CHANGE.  JUST ADD A SMALL SWITCH AND CHANGE THE -  AND +  WHEN YU SWITCH..
dimist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2011 at 6:26am
Hi,
I bought last year a super master TT Robot at September 2009 from Far East. I Thing it was Gen 3.
After several months the robot starts to act very strange. It starts to move the head  and throw balls very slow or very fast.
Obviously, it seems that  there is a problem with the controller. After a while the problem  stops and it starts again after some months.
At the moment (from December 2010) the robot is not usable because that problem starts almost every time we try to use it in our club.
I have several emails with Far East, they send me an answer very fast, bat no solution.
There last email says that because my robot is several !!!!! (15 moths old) generations old they are not sure if they have old spear parts or if they can send me a new controller.
The situation is very uncomfortable (to be polite) because are depended from that robot to work with multiple kids in ours club.
Another problem is with the plastic base that connects the robot with the table. After 15 months the plastic is bended and the robot is looking the roof (so we adjust the heads). That piece must be replaced with a metallic one.  The same thing happens to a nwegy robot after 10 years.
Also the rubber that covers the wheels  it looks to be very cheep since it needs to be replaced after a very sort period (the nwegy has the same rubbers for years) .
So i thing even if i was planing to buy a Y&T S-27 dual head in the future, no more Chinese robots for me. There ideas are fine, bat the save money in critical points. I will collect the extra money for a Tibhar RoboproMaster with appropriate support .

Edited by dimist - 02/22/2011 at 6:32am
Blade: CORBEL BUTTERFLY
FH�: TENERGY 05
BH: ROXON 450
Vikroda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikroda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Irrelephant Irrelephant wrote:

All these robots clearly share a common design history. Check it out sometime, it's pretty silly how little these robots differ. They're all just ripping each other off or the design is being outsourced to one guy in china.

I believe Newgy contracted some guy to design their robot.  That person then went on to make the Supermaster.  I'm not sure if some of Newgy's rights were violated in that process.  The Amicus and TTmatic robots are both quite different than the robots you mentioned.

I was going to attempt to replace the brushed motors of my amicus with brushless motors (to decrease the noise when no ball was being ejected).  I bought some brushless model airplane motors from Hobby King but they were too small and now I'm currently too busy.  Since the Double Snakes was reported by Rich to be very quiet between points I was guessing that it used a brushless motor, but maybe I'm mistaken.

I see on the doublesnakes web site (http://www.doublesnakes.com/en/u_5388.htm) that the FQL-5 is described.  The English is a bit awkward but it looks like this version is programmable:
FQJ-5-type features:
1) The last round, the next round of fine-tuning the design speed, the ball of the more humane;
2) programming keys, storage keys; user can program and save a maximum of 99 sets of digital storage;
3) The re-designed functional areas, more reasonable and suitable for tactical training and targeted technical training;
4) with a modifier key, can be satisfied in the programming process for amendments to improve the procedure;
5) Time count key: targeted for physical training;
6) special keys to set the special properties of the ball, increasing the difficulty of tactical training;
7) USB interface: the machine can be programmed for fault detection and data sharing.

The picture of the FQL-5 controller looks a bit different than the other models.
http://www.weihaiss.cn/en/producd_37675.html 
Rich, are you going to review this robot?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 5:21pm
Vikroda, I do not plan on getting either of the 2 new Double Snakes robots for any reviews. I do know one will be close to 2.8 to $3K though.  I have some data on them, and will go over it with Shelby probably this weekend to let you all know what it does over the other models especially the FQJ4. On one of them, the controller does show landing spot programming buttons in the pics.

I am recuperating from a bad recurring spinal injury that has not let me play in 5 weeks now, but I will also give you all a sneak peak and info on the NewStar robot I have been testing since the end of Feb, it does many things no other robot does so far.......very nice performance for advanced training.  More later.

Edited by Rich215 - 04/15/2011 at 5:44pm
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by dimist dimist wrote:

So i thing even if i was planing to buy a Y&T S-27 dual head in the future, no more Chinese robots for me. There ideas are fine, bat the save money in critical points. I will collect the extra money for a Tibhar RoboproMaster with appropriate support .

Pretty much all the robots except 2 are all made in China.  The Tibhar one your speaking of is a Y&T S27 with Tibhar name on it.   But also, the Super Master robot is a very low end product, not even close to any robot that is $1000 or more.  Y&T is by far the best company to get support from directly or from any of their resellers. 
Vikroda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikroda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2011 at 1:37pm
Rich, sorry to hear about the injury.
ttbeginner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttbeginner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2011 at 1:32am
Rich,

What's the difference between Super master 5 and the Newgy 2050?
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2011 at 6:03pm
ttbeginner,   the 2 robots are built almost exactly the same.  The differences are that the Super Master robots have 2 throwing wheels and the Newgy robots only have one throwing wheel.  This means that you can not separate spin from speed on the Newgy robots.  So for example when you increase/decrease the speed of a ball.....the spin increases/decreases with it.  The Super Master has two throwing wheels you can set each wheel to a different speed and then change spin amount separately from ball speed.  This allows for making no spin balls and also various degrees of spin with various ball speed. 

The Newgy robots (1050 and 2050) have digital control pads that can be hooked up to a PC to set various landing spots for the balls in a sequence.  The Super Master robot has the typical settings for top wheel speed, bottom wheel speed, balls per min, and also the ability to set a width of span for when the robot is set to oscillate left to right while shooting balls.  The Newgy robots have these same basic settings, just that the Newgy robots have only one motor speed setting for the single wheel. 

That's basically it.  So yo need to decide which is more important to you. 
1. ability to have exact landing spots left to right, and a few stages of long to short.  NEWGY
2. ability to separate spin from speed to create various types of throw balls.  Super Master

pongfan20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 12:56pm
Hi Rich, I firmly believe that you are the authority in Ping-Pong Robot reviews. By far, I have seen the best and detailed description of Robots from you. I have been playing for a little while now (with friends) and would like to invest in a decent Robot. My budget is about $500-$600 range. I looked at Newgy 2050 ($630) and Super Master 5th generation ($602) robots so far. Assuming their price is identical, which one do you recommend that I buy. If there is anything else in this ball-park that you feel would be a better value, please advise. I would like to have a recycling net to catch the returned balls at the least. Thanks,
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 2:30pm
Pongfan20....thanks for your kind words. 

If your budget is about $600......you might be able to find a deal on a Newgy 2050 for much less.  It has the ability to hook up to a PC and program landing spots.  No robot under that amount has this ability.  If you want a 2 wheel robot for close to that amount....the Aw32 one at Paddle Palace is very solid and built much much stronger (good option if your in the USA).  It just does not have programing ability for landing spots, but has basically the same abilities as a Supermaster robot but 10x better build quality. 

They all come with catch nets too.  You could even find a much cheaper Newgy 1050 if you just need a basic robot to feed you some balls. 

pongfan20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 3:45pm
Thank you Rich. I certainly appreciate your response. I looked at the Aw32 and the reviews look great. The Newgy 2050 is at $630 and Aw32 is $695 plus shipping I think. I don't know how critical would the programming ability for landing spots prove (or the 2 wheel feature for that matter) after a few months of play but if price wasn't a consideration between the two which one would you buy? I prolly won't be buying another one for several years. And yes, it will be shipped in Virginia, US. Thanks in advance for your help.
pongfan20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 10:21pm
I just went through the user manual for both Aw32 and 2050. It seems that 2050 can do a lot more stuff that Aw32 can and provides a lot more variety (pre-programmed drills). It didn't seem like having just one rotor makes a huge difference. So unless you disagree, I'm going to go for 2050 tomorrow. Cheers!
pongfan20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfan20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 1:33pm
Just ordered the 2050 from Newgy.com. Can't wait for it to arrive in 2 days. Thanks for your help, Rich.
Comrade7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Comrade7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 8:33am
Hi friends!
I bought a supermaster gen 5 t288 and I love it, great entry level robot, except for one slight flaw

When you do backspin, ball exits robot at an ok speed but the backspin is violent. It's too unrealistic to try and loop back, no matter how hard you try.

Does anyone know of a way to work around this?

I was thinking maybe a dimmer on the bottom wheel motor perhaps?

Anyone have a schematic for the control box?
swampthing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampthing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 12:01pm
You could try tilting the head down and shooting the ball at the table right in front of the robot to make the ball bounce twice before you receive it. This will take some spin off. I've thought about placing a hard bat on the robots side and shooting the ball at it first to take more off, but have not tried yet.
Xiom Zetro Quad: FH: Hexer HD, BH: Hexer HD
Galaxy K-4: Tibhar Nimbus Medium, Palio Blitz
baltazarek_brno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltazarek_brno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 7:54am
Hallo,
I would like to make my own home made TT robot. Do you anybody have Amicus or OUKEI TW2700 Robot ? I need dimension of throwing wheels and photo of throwing head. Can anybody help me ? Thank you.
neutronbomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neutronbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 9:10am
I have a supermaster 5 and a newgy 2040. The supermaster comes with the net table recycle and the 2040 becomes a 2050 since it is interchangeable with the net recycle. 
I use the newgy for realistic backspin and topspin since the motor speed can be set to vary during play. 
I use the supermaster for practicing against loops. It has two wheels. I switched the 2 wires on the bottom motor around. Now it can do realistic slow loops, something the newgy can't do. 

USATT Rating 2059

FH Tibhar 5Q+

BH Giant Dragon Long

Hallmark Aurora

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltazarek_brno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2012 at 2:07pm
I need detailed photo of Amicus or TW2700 head. Are there stepper motors ? I am going to use servo motors HITEC for airplane. For throwing wheels will be used small DC motors GRAUPNER SPEED 280 6V or SPEED 400 6V. Which is better. How big motors are in the robots ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baltazarek_brno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2012 at 1:38pm
Nobody have Amicus or TW2700 robot ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic