Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Europe Top 12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
alfas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Europe Top 12
    Posted: 02/17/2009 at 3:01am
tt-video
Sorry for late reply... IVR - Internet Video Recording, Video format developed by RealNetworks for sharing video clips on the Web; may be created by using the "Record" feature in RealPlayer 11 or later; saved in a proprietary format that can only be opened with RealPlayer.
Logic is missing, "something that looked to be good become not worth to dl". However, what you see is what you get (streamed site http://www.ettutv.com/) nothing more and nothing less . Sometime modest is a virtue...
Xiom Axelo
FH: Donic Bluefire JP01 max
BH: Donic Acuda S1 Turbo max
Sponsored Links

XxbOOmxX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxbOOmxX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2009 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by tt-video tt-video wrote:

Please tell me how to open this file:
Ovtcharov vs. Maze  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMT9Z7PA

European top 12 Ovtcharov vs Maze.ivr (40 MB only)?
What is .ivr?

It plays with Real media player. Not worth the dl since it is only one game. The last game of what looked to be a good match.

any chance the full match is available?
Acoustic FL
FH: IQUL 2.2
BH: Nimbus Soft 2.0 (about to kick the bucket)

http://tinyurl.com/ATTA-Club-Photos
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2009 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by stan1551 stan1551 wrote:

Sprite thinks that Vladi is lucking the power and Takaaki thinks the tactics play bigger role. I, actually, agree with both of them. My idea was that may be Vladi lucks stamina due to his current age.
You bring another interesting angle which is speed (or lack of). Now, do you think he's always been slow, or he became slower recently (in the last few years)? That is going back to the age question.

A little clarification.

Vladi definitely lacks power. The use of power is a standard of tactics. If not, why does anyone ever hit the ball hard? If it weren't a good tactic, it would be tactically unsound to do so, and the Chinese men's team would be the worst tactical players in the top division.

Samsonov lacks the ability to use this tactic often enough to defeat some of the other top players, and is upset by lower ranked players in league play because of this, though it doesn't happen as often in tournys it seems.
To argue that tactics are more important than power is to say that the use of power is not a tactic. This is absurd in my opinion.

I agree that Vladi lacks speed also, as I see it this is a problem that mainly affects him in his ability to cope with balls to his middle. He covers wide balls fairly well due to his long reach and anticipation.

Samsonov seldom uses power and seldom moves with a real burst of speed.
Could it be that he simply lacks the 'fast twitch' muscles necessary for these kinds of actions?
Excellent coordination, anticipation and touch. Little speed or power.
YEO

Boost TP
tt-video View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-video Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2009 at 7:45pm
Please tell me how to open this file:
Ovtcharov vs. Maze  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMT9Z7PA

European top 12 Ovtcharov vs Maze.ivr (40 MB only)?
What is .ivr?
Evgeny
http://tt-video.narod.ru
http://tt-on-dvd.narod.ru
stan1551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan1551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2009 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

I guess some people can't get it, even when an emoticon is used.I did mean that it was not any of stan1551's business.� The intent is that takaaki is making a pointless argument, with no purpose other than to continue the argument and get the last word.� I would delete my posts, but this is impossible and would not be satisfactory because others have quoted me in their posts.� I guess you're stuck with it.� Too bad some of you did not consider your own impact on a group of people.

anyway i dont know why sprite call me one trackminded,,� well i think samsonov s problems is that he s to slow

bbkon,

My friend Sprite did not really mean it the way it sounds. I do apologize to you, anyways. I dont think it will happen again. I am sure Sprite values your opinion and I, certainly, do.

Now, going back to the topic.

Sprite thinks that Vladi is lucking the power and Takaaki thinks the tactics play bigger role. I, actually, agree with both of them. My idea was that may be Vladi lucks stamina due to his current age.
You bring another interesting angle which is speed (or lack of). Now, do you think he's always been slow, or he became slower recently (in the last few years)? That is going back to the age question.
proud member of the (not so exclusive) EJ club
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2009 at 2:15am

I guess some people can't get it, even when an emoticon is used.

I did mean that it was not any of stan1551's business.  The intent is that takaaki is making a pointless argument, with no purpose other than to continue the argument and get the last word. 

I would delete my posts, but this is impossible and would not be satisfactory because others have quoted me in their posts.  I guess you're stuck with it.  Too bad some of you did not consider your own impact on a group of people.

anyway i dont know why sprite call me one trackminded,,  well i think samsonov s problems is that he s to slow
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by baihao215 baihao215 wrote:

Originally posted by alfas alfas wrote:

Kreanga vs. Maze  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CISFL8EF

Bon Apetit
the quality is not so good,any better??

thats it, its the version from the streamed site, be thankful he took the time to encode it.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

stan1551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan1551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 9:01pm
me too....lol

edit: unless they play table tennis...lol
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 9:01pm
I hate politicians.
YEO

Boost TP
stan1551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan1551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 8:50pm
Yes, I am going to be the next prime minister of Canada...lol
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 8:45pm

Friends, I am happy to announce that Sprite and myself after exchanging multiple PMs worked out our differences and are very good friends from now on.

Am I correct, Sprite?

Sounds like you are going into a career in politics.

Am I correct, stan1551?

YEO

Boost TP
baihao215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baihao215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 8:29pm

Bon Apetit
the quality is not so good,any better??
stan1551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan1551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 8:02pm
Friends, I am happy to announce that Sprite and myself after exchanging multiple PMs worked out our differences and are very good friends from now on.

Am I correct, Sprite?
alfas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 6:32pm
rustyfo what do you mean with "was the maze vs kreanga match well played?"
1. Is it an iteresting match?
2. Video file is not playable?

If any other have the no 2, I'll upload again, all good at my side.

sprite I'm glad you are not continuing the argument and get the last word "as somone here... ha"
Expres your opinion but you can not expect everybody to agree 100% with it (80%, 55%, 12% ... pick one or continue the line... ha) 

Xiom Axelo
FH: Donic Bluefire JP01 max
BH: Donic Acuda S1 Turbo max
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 6:11pm
I guess some people can't get it, even when an emoticon is used.

I did mean that it was not any of stan1551's business.  The intent is that takaaki is making a pointless argument, with no purpose other than to continue the argument and get the last word. 

I would delete my posts, but this is impossible and would not be satisfactory because others have quoted me in their posts.  I guess you're stuck with it.  Too bad some of you did not consider your own impact on a group of people.

YEO

Boost TP
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 5:54pm

Gents (and/or ladies? )
Let's not go personal and trade insults. This does not do the forum any good. Everybody has a different opinion. In most cases we all just speculate since we don't really know the truth. Let's respect each other and just exchange our personal opinions.

Mind your own business, stan1551.  I have not said one thing that is not my personal opinion.LOL

oh but it is the business of stan1551, in fact its the business of everyone as this whole forum is meant to support each other, debate and discuss points which they are/arent valid, and in this case, stan thinks sprite had made some insults.

if anyone is making a claim towards another person's post, please provide evidence, quote or something, so that the person being accused will better explain/defend himself.

posts without backed up evidence isnt doing anybody service.

remember this is a public forum, so people will still be looking at this europe top 12 thread for more videos, both taki and sprite are making an impact on a group of people. Please discuss ideas with respect and integrity, no need to go personal.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 5:54pm
Guys, let's calm down and go back to the topic...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
stan1551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan1551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 5:51pm

Gents (and/or ladies? )
Let's not go personal and trade insults. This does not do the forum any good. Everybody has a different opinion. In most cases we all just speculate since we don't really know the truth. Let's respect each other and just exchange our personal opinions.
Mind your own business, stan1551.� I have not said one thing that is not my personal opinion.LOL

You are lucky I am not a MOD, my friend. If I was you would already got a warning. I don't think your behavior is appropriate at all. One thing is to express your opinion and another is to insult people. If you can't tell a difference - you don't belong to the forum.
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 3:33pm

Gents (and/or ladies? )

Mind your own business, stan1551.  I have not said one thing that is not my personal opinion.LOL
YEO

Boost TP
stan1551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan1551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Why doesn't Boll manage to find liqin's middle, what you call a gap? Why does every chinese player with the exception of kong always find Sami's middle. Why don't many other players manage to find Sami's middle? Because when you get to a certain level, tactics alone are not enough. Tactics without power are not enough to consistently win against players like Sami, Boll, the top Chinese. Boll and Sami can use all the tactics they wish, and they will seldom defeat the Chinese because they do not have the power to finish a point when needed. Apple defeated Dima because Dima was a nervous wreck, anyone who doesn't see that must be oblivious. Are you related to bbkon? You think just like him, one track mind, you just use more words.

am i onetrack minded?� why

Gents (and/or ladies? )
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 12:00pm
was the maze vs kreanga match well played?
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 11:44am

Why doesn't Boll manage to find liqin's middle, what you call a gap? Why does every chinese player with the exception of kong always find Sami's middle. Why don't many other players manage to find Sami's middle?

Because when you get to a certain level, tactics alone are not enough. Tactics without power are not enough to consistently win against players like Sami, Boll, the top Chinese. Boll and Sami can use all the tactics they wish, and they will seldom defeat the Chinese because they do not have the power to finish a point when needed.

Apple defeated Dima because Dima was a nervous wreck, anyone who doesn't see that must be oblivious.

Are you related to bbkon? You think just like him, one track mind, you just use more words.

am i onetrack minded?  why
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2009 at 1:42am
Why doesn't Boll manage to find liqin's middle, what you call a gap? Why does every chinese player with the exception of kong always find Sami's middle. Why don't many other players manage to find Sami's middle?

Because when you get to a certain level, tactics alone are not enough. Tactics without power are not enough to consistently win against players like Sami, Boll, the top Chinese. Boll and Sami can use all the tactics they wish, and they will seldom defeat the Chinese because they do not have the power to finish a point when needed.

Apple defeated Dima because Dima was a nervous wreck, anyone who doesn't see that must be oblivious.

Are you related to bbkon? You think just like him, one track mind, you just use more words.
YEO

Boost TP
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2009 at 11:04pm
tactics, my friend, is everything.  power will not help you if you don't know what to do.  if you don't know where the next ball is gonna land, or what spin is on the ball, or how much spin is on the ball, then there's NOTHING you can do and the game is over!!

samsonov did NOT lose to boll due to a lack of power.  he lost cuz of tactics.  boll kept the ball to samsonov's middle, well, what i call the "gap," y'know, that space btw fh and bh.

well, that varies from person to person, but, in general, the longer the arms, the bigger the gap.

to keep samsonov honest, he hit a few balls out wide to the fh, but most of the "kill shots" were into vladi's body.

at the beginning of the match, vladi was ready for that and bh-ripped the balls out wide to boll's fh for winners, but boll started mixing the placement and vladi tightened up (which, i concede, could have been due to fatigue, as someone stated above) and forgot what won him those 3 sets.

but also, he shoulda took a page out of wlq's book.

look at the game boll & wlq played at the tourney of champs last month.

wlq inside-out-ripped the ball out wide to boll's bh and the ball just spinned off boll's racket.

now how did that happen??  why didn't boll just "power" the ball back??  he has enough power, does he not? 

the ball spinned off his racket, cuz he had the wrong racket angle. 

now, why did he have the wrong racket angle??  cuz he didn't anticipate the shot.

why didn't he anticipate the shot??  cuz he hadn't practiced against it.  if you don't do it in practice, then you're not gonna do it in the game.

now, how did wang come to hit that shot??  did it just come out of nowhere??  was it just luck??  no, that kind of precision doesn't come outta nowhere nor from luck.  it was a plan.  it was TACTICS.

there is nothing else, but tactics. 

take a look at the appelgren-dima match again.  appelgren is obviously an old guy and is not fit enough to beat dima in a counterlooping exchange.  so, what did he do??  he basically, as best as he could, took the counterlooping out of the game.

there really weren't many counterlooping rallies, at least not enough to benefit dima. 

why??  again, tactics!! there's no way around it...

but, there may have been another reason for dima's loss...  i can  speak a little german and i noticed that in the post-game interview, appelgren was quick to point out that this was NOT the 1st time he had beaten dima.  he beat him a long time ago when he was a kid (i can't remember now, but i think he said it was something like 10 years ago).

well, somebody said in the energis masters thread that he heard dima was extremely nervous when he first found out he was gonna have to play appel.

maybe appel beat the crap out of him a zillion years ago and, y'know, when ya beat the crap out of a kid, they never get over it...

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2009 at 9:13pm
Who said anything about Dima lacking power?

The point was that without power, all you have is tactics and when your tactics fail, you have nothing to turn to. Also, since the rule changes power is more important than before, this is because power is no longer so easily obtained via equipment alone. The point is not that power is the ultimate key to victory. That you come up with this idea is a bit odd.

Younger people might have trouble understanding the true context of a conversation.
YEO

Boost TP
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2009 at 8:46pm

Dima's problem may be just psychological. For sure - not luck of fitness at his age. If you recall - much younger Ma Lin loosing to 40 years old Waldner at 2004 Olympics. Once in a blue moon anything could happen. For Vladi - it looks more like a pattern lately.

Yes, Dima's trouble is psychological and he probably will overcome it with more experience.

But I do not believe that Vladi's problem is due to age related endurance or stamina issues, this was the point of my post. The 9 years older Persson won against younger players as well as Vladi in 7 game matches.

Vladi's problem is lack of power, imo. This allows players the opportunity to change tactics and eliminate whatever advantage Vladi is exploiting. He uses even less power than Timo.
Power is more important now than ever.

power is not the ultimate key to victory as some of you younger people might assume.

dima lost to 2 old swedes lately, persson and appelgren.  did he lose those matches due to a lack of power??

if anything, it was a lack of mental power, not physical. 

at that level, the game is quite cerebral.  you WILL lose if, for any reason, you are unable to anticipate your opponent's next move and (or) get your body (arm, hand, racket) into position for the next ball.  just having big muscles won't help one iota, if you don't a clue as to what to do with them!!

whether or not he's stronger than persson is debatable, but dima is clearly stronger than appelgren, yet the old guy beat him anyway.

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2009 at 7:35pm

If you watch the match again observe what Timo does to change the order of play. It was just as I described,   Same with his loss to Persson and Long.
Vladi had less opportunities because of what Boll did, not because he ran out of gas. You can see in the 3rd game that Vladi had become confused due to the tactical changes Boll made. At the end Vladi knew he had no answer, hence the lack of confidence. When you don't use power you must rely upon tactics, and when your tactics fail, you have nothing to believe in.
It was still a fairly close match, even though Vladi failed to make enough of an adjustment to achieve victory.
YEO

Boost TP
stan1551 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stan1551 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2009 at 7:18pm

Dima's problem may be just psychological. For sure - not luck of fitness at his age. If you recall - much younger Ma Lin loosing to 40 years old Waldner at 2004 Olympics. Once in a blue moon anything could happen. For Vladi - it looks more like a pattern lately.

Yes, Dima's trouble is psychological and he probably will overcome it with more experience.

But I do not believe that Vladi's problem is due to age related endurance or stamina issues, this was the point of my post. The 9 years older Persson won against younger players as well as Vladi in 7 game matches.

Vladi's problem is lack of power, imo. This allows players the opportunity to change tactics and eliminate whatever advantage Vladi is exploiting. He uses even less power than Timo.

I agree. You have a point. The reason I think it may be related to fitness (or luck of) and/or age - is when I was watching the match - it was so clear how easy Vladi won first 2 sets, there was no contest, then next 3 sets Boll gradually but steadily bounced back and the last 2 sets looked like Vladi just did not have the power at all....like he did not even believed himself - he can possibly win... But he had the power for the first 2 sets, did not he? I can feel his pain as being old man myself....
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2009 at 7:07pm

YEO

Boost TP
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2009 at 5:04pm

Bon Apetit

Thanks much, my friend!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic