Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 64 - The experts review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 2:14am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

I also believe he doesn't t05, that is not the issue, it also obvious he loves his roxon that is not the issue either.  

Have anyone looked at the title of this thread?  It is about tenergy 64 and an experts review of it.

Rob is in here sl*gging off tenergy for what reason?  What is it about sheep?

Boz, your wrong, My arguements are not Wrong. I personally quite like the feel of T64, this is not the issue. The issue is when another forum member states that my opinion is flawed because I'm a dealer.  Thats what get my beef up. You pulling my statements apart I couldnt care less, One day well meet and I'll be using something other than Tenergy, and well have it out then.

Yesterday I used Acuda S2 & Hexer+, Tomorrow will be another story.

And My thoughts on T05 Versus T64 - My vote goues to T64 by a long shot, maybe its to fast for some, But the Spin/Speed ratio is more similar to the good old Speed glue days. Thats of course without the Booster Wink
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Sponsored Links

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 6:02am
I think that between similar rubbers, the softer has better speed glue effect.
I agree with Rob that T64 is closer to a speed glued rubber than T05. Maybe because T64 is softer than T05. I'm NOT saying that T64 is better than T05, the glue effect is  better.
On Stiga Boost series (and Cornilleau Pilot rubbers), it happens the same thing. The softer the rubber the better speed glue effect it has.
On ESN rubbers, I feel the same thing.
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 6:23am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

Excuse but Mr Rob, you're backing up the products you're currently selling as far as your signature tells. My guess is, even Alex Li did the same here as your answer.

Excuse me Mr Hungga, but my opinion as an A grade player for over Ten years now is obviosly not important. The fact that on my test bench I have 1 x sheet of Tenergy 05 that I have tested on differant blades, along with many other rubber and blade combo's.

The fact that I actually sell BTY products - doesnt count, it only counts that I sell Andro & Donic Products.

Mr Hungga, please dont acuse me of favouring andro products, I personally dont care what I use, as long as it suits my style of play, and abide's by ITTF Rules. I dont use Hexer, and I dont like tenergy 05. This does not stop me from voicing my honest opinion, and that is that Tenergy 05 is the most overrated rubber on the market - nothing like a speedglued Sriver or Mark V, unboosted, the Spin/Speed ratio is not correct for my Style of play, and in my honest opinion not suited to the average player. Over the last 6 months I have spoken to numourous players and asked them why is Tenergy 05 so good, they all claim the spin is so good, and it lasts a long time - yet 2 - 3 months down the track they are not using it any more - I ask them what Happened and they say that they couldnt control it, or there game did not improve with the extra spin.  Yet the Hype goes on.

Think about it - Bty spends Millions on Sponsoring Top players to use Tenergy, and the Sheep follow,  Now would the Top players still not play as good with another style of rubber - you could really see the most photographed German player using another brand - Which  one would offer him the Big Dollars that he's currently getting, and he's yet to get to No. 1 using it.  Its all a ploy to make you are any one else using it to pay big dollars back to BTY.

I wonder if TB would use T05 if it was not Boosted.

Fair enough. It's just me thinking "My goodness this guy, isn't there any better marketing strategy than this seemingly desperate attempt". They're not a sort of charity body BTY is so it's fairly understood why they play the 'sponsoring' or 'branding a name' tactics. It's better than saying "I want your money in trade of this rubbery sponge or wood things which could brings you the illusion of being happy".
:: EJ level 1 ::
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 8:24am
I 've used T05, T64 and Hexer.
For Spin T05 requires no effort to generate spin.
Hexer if you hit it correctly it can produce spin like T05
T64 has the less spin among those 3 rubbers and it's the fastest among them.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 9:43am
Both t64 and 05 are spinnier than hexer thats for sure. But hexer's throw angle is higher than t64 thats why some guys says hexer is spinnier.
t64 is very good for loop-hit-block game. Plays like a bryce with speed glue.
But t05 is awesome for brush loop but not that good for hit&block kind of game. So 64 is a better allrounder.
t64 topsheet got less pimples so its a bit louder than 05.
I'm a both wing looper but I do block and hit a lot(and lob too) so t64 is better for me. But there is a lot of "loop every thing" kind of guys out there and t05 is better for them. Especially with low throw angle blades like alc-spirit t05 is a loop machine. If you play like timo boll, C. Süss, smirnov(brushers) go with the 05 bu if you play like samsonov, waldner or ovtcharov than t64 is better for you.

Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

I think that between similar rubbers, the softer has better speed glue effect.
I agree with Rob that T64 is closer to a speed glued rubber than T05. Maybe because T64 is softer than T05. I'm NOT saying that T64 is better than T05, the glue effect is  better.
On Stiga Boost series (and Cornilleau Pilot rubbers), it happens the same thing. The softer the rubber the better speed glue effect it has.
On ESN rubbers, I feel the same thing.

And Stavros, I also agree that the softer ESN rubbers although they feel like they are more glued they dont have that top end penetrating power that speed glue used to. Top players with fast arm speed prefer the harder sponged variety - these also tend to last longer. Sometimes for Mortals like myself rubbers like T64, Hexer+ Roxon 450 actually perform better than T05 or Hexer.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 10:01am
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

Both t64 and 05 are spinnier than hexer thats for sure. But hexer's throw angle is higher than t64 thats why some guys says hexer is spinnier.

From your signiture it obvious you use T64, and thats why you think its spinnier than Hexer. But you are wrong about the throw angles.

T05 & Hexer have very similar throw angles - which I think are way to high, and T64 & Hexer + have lower throw angles and similar to each other.

TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 10:39am

From your signiture it obvious you use T64, and thats why you think its spinnier than Hexer. But you are wrong about the throw angles.

T05 & Hexer have very similar throw angles - which I think are way to high, and T64 & Hexer + have lower throw angles and similar to each other.

I'm saying that hexers throw angle is higher than t64 and you're saying the same thing? and I'm wrong? wtf???
And your proof about that I'm being wrong is my signature?  I'm using t64 because its spinnier...
I've played with both on the same blade(black hexer on one side red t64 on the other) and t64 was spinnier(t64 bites the ball better than hexer on service, push and openning topspins).

If you think hexer is spinnier thats ok thats your idea Ermm

Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 10:53am

I'm saying that hexers throw angle is higher than t64 and you're saying the same thing? and I'm wrong? wtf???
And your proof about that I'm being wrong is my signature?  I'm using t64 because its spinnier...
I've played with both on the same blade(black hexer on one side red t64 on the other) and t64 was spinnier(t64 bites the ball better than hexer on service, push and openning topspins).

Sorry, I missread your post you are 100% correct, And no I dont think hexer is spinnier than T05, I think its spinnier the T64

hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 11:16am
I actually rediscovering T64 after trying a few routes with other rubbers. I can't say it's a perfect rubber for my style but back then I delivered something shocking with T64. I dare say this, it's easier getting T64 with all its menace than trying to haggle for Ma Long's Hurricane.
:: EJ level 1 ::
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 2:20pm

Sorry, I missread your post you are 100% correct, And no I dont think hexer is spinnier than T05, I think its spinnier the T64

Disagree. i get the same amount of spin from 64 and 05, just different throw angle. Hexer definately wasn't as spinny as either.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 5:29pm

One day well meet and I'll be using something other than Tenergy, and well have it out then.

That's just plain silly, as if the rubber makes enough difference to 'have it out' its like saying that one boxer has an advantage over another because he has better gloves, I think you will find that its down to the boxer, not the gloves.

Edited by APW46 - 08/13/2010 at 5:30pm
The Older I get, The better I was.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

One day well meet and I'll be using something other than Tenergy, and well have it out then.

That's just plain silly, as if the rubber makes enough difference to 'have it out' its like saying that one boxer has an advantage over another because he has better gloves, I think you will find that its down to the boxer, not the gloves.

Its not Silly, Boz plays better with T05 (he's tried so many), And I play better with Tensors (I've tried many and will continue to try due to my Job). Of course the better hand will win, but if we are of the same level, then our rubbers will give us an edge.

You yourself made the claim that T05 is the best you have ever used, therefore it must give you some advantage - is it 1 point or 2.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

Disagree. i get the same amount of spin from 64 and 05, just different throw angle. Hexer definately wasn't as spinny as either.

Maybe you just cant get the full capabilities out of the 2 rubbers.

Butterfly spent 10 years developing the Tenergy range (Confused),
Tenergy 64 is the fastest and less spinniest Speed 13.5, Spin 10.5  Mind you only just spinnier than Tackiness Chop, at double the price.
Tenergy 05 is the spinniest. Speed 13, Spin 11.5

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 9:45am
thanks for the ear to the ground update about the butterfly readings Rob.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 11:18am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

thanks for the ear to the ground update about the butterfly readings Rob.
Just another bullying post Boz. It's looking like were the odd couple. You post, I reply. I post you reply sarcastically.

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 12:37pm

You yourself made the claim that T05 is the best you have ever used, therefore it must give you some advantage - is it 1 point or 2.
 No, the 'best I've ever used' is Xushaofa with MarkV sponge speedglued. The nearest to speedglue is IMO Tenergy05, but give me some speed glue and I can just about play with anything if its got 2mm sponge and a decent topsheet.  
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 12:53pm
^that's what is sad about the old days compared to now. That's exactly what it was like.. find anything with a decent topsheet and whatever sponge and it would play better than 60 dollar rubbers do now if you put some speedglue in the mix.

15 dollar rubber plus glue > tenergy 05

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

^that's what is sad about the old days compared to now. That's exactly what it was like.. find anything with a decent topsheet and whatever sponge and it would play better than 60 dollar rubbers do now if you put some speedglue in the mix.

Unless you compete frequently, I suppose there's no reason to stop gluing. And even then... if one feels strongly enough that the ban is unjust or unnecessary... Well, let's just say that the line between "defiance in the face of tyranny" and "cheating" is a fuzzy one. Wink

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Unless you compete frequently, I suppose there's no reason to stop gluing. And even then... if one feels strongly enough that the ban is unjust or unnecessary... Well, let's just say that the line between "defiance in the face of tyranny" and "cheating" is a fuzzy one. Wink

I do, and they test for VOC, so there is no way of getting away with using Sp/glue, I do like the extra time before play, ie not having the hassle of the glueing ritual, but nothing compares to the positive feeling when the sp/glue 'kicks in' 20 mins later.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 5:38pm

See this is what I mean, 15 dollar rubber + Glue did not feel anything like Tenergy 05, Tenergy 05 does not have that explosiveness of the sponge, maybe some of the spin.

Maybe its because we all glued differently, I was a 3 layer gluer, maybe with one layer it felt the same as Tenergy 05.

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 6:15pm

See this is what I mean, 15 dollar rubber + Glue did not feel anything like Tenergy 05, Tenergy 05 does not have that explosiveness of the sponge, maybe some of the spin.

Maybe its because we all glued differently, I was a 3 layer gluer, maybe with one layer it felt the same as Tenergy 05.
 The point is Rob, and it is what I've always said, NOTHING, no 'glue effect' rubbers feel like a Sp/glued rubber, not just Tenergy, but T05 is closer than the others, IMO of course. Whether players tune it or not is irrelavent.  we had a long ahem 'chat' about this and you sent me a sheet of Roxon450, the general gist was that you believed that there were rubbers that adequately replaced sp/glue, and I did not, and I still hold to that today.
prott.co.uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prott.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2010 at 6:31pm

we had a long ahem 'chat' about this and you sent me a sheet of Roxon450, the general gist was that you believed that there were rubbers that adequately replaced sp/glue, and I did not

I don't believe that also ppr please prove me wrong, I'll pm you my address!Wink

Edited by prott.co.uk - 08/14/2010 at 6:46pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2010 at 8:20am

The point is Rob, and it is what I've always said, NOTHING, no 'glue effect' rubbers feel like a Sp/glued rubber, not just Tenergy, but T05 is closer than the others, IMO of course. Whether players tune it or not is irrelavent.  we had a long ahem 'chat' about this and you sent me a sheet of Roxon450, the general gist was that you believed that there were rubbers that adequately replaced sp/glue, and I did not, and I still hold to that today.

And if my memory recalls me correctly, when you first recieved it, you yourself was impressed with the speedglue effect.  Of course now you have found one that you think is even better - Thats your opinion, and I respect that, but you should also respect that to me Tenergy 05 feels nothing like a speed glued Inspirit, Bryce FX  or Coppa.

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2010 at 3:44pm

And if my memory recalls me correctly, when you first recieved it, you yourself was impressed with the speedglue effect.  Of course now you have found one that you think is even better - Thats your opinion, and I respect that, but you should also respect that to me Tenergy 05 feels nothing like a speed glued Inspirit, Bryce FX  or Coppa.
 Of course, thats what I've said time and time again, there is NO replacement for sp/glue at the moment, including Tenergy.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 12:07am

Tenergy 64 is the fastest and less spinniest Speed 13.5, Spin 10.5  Mind you only just spinnier than Tackiness Chop, at double the price.

how come a company can invest$ and 10 years(i dont believe it )  to develop a product they dont know it can be sold 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 12:56am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

how come a company can invest$ and 10 years(i dont believe it )  to develop a product they dont know it can be sold 

Yes exactly my thoughts - Just plain good Marketing.

APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 4:57am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

maybe they just needed Sp/glue to be banned, and had enough influence over the ITTF to make it happen.........
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2012 at 8:19am
I've just cut a new sheet of Tenergy 64, package weight 92 gr, uncut weight 67 gr, Cut into Viscaria head size is 46 gr. My old one is 2 gr lighter.
When I use the old one, it feels mushy. The new one is harder and much better feel.
I use Latex Waterbase glue similar to Haifu, but thicker.
I use 4 layers on the rubber and 1 thick layer on the blade.

It's the same hardness as Gold Arc 37 deg with 1 layer on sponge and 1 layer on blade.

No Wonder ZJK like T64, probably he get densier/heavier one, which is not mushy.
I will try to play with it and let's see how it plays compared to gold arc and Tin Arc.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2016 at 4:46pm
Any new review tenergy 64 with plastic balls? :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic