Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

729 Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 729 Rubbers
    Posted: 06/23/2005 at 6:06am
Apparently there a lot more versions of 729s than previously thought. Most notably is the Feng Hun series, the Transcend series, and a special version called the Shen Feng. I'm wondering if any of our many, many members here have played with some of the less known 729 rubbers? And if you have, what was it like?
Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2005 at 8:31am

Tom is telling me that these are the same rubbers but with versions of the transcend sponge, including the feng series which some guy on the other forum is talking a lot about.  I think it's the way they're marketing faster and higher in china.

I've got 3 samples of 729 on transcend to wheel and deal with if someone want's to try it.  They're faster, -2, and wangnan.  But the wangnan is on a real hard 46deg sponge.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2005 at 10:02am
Ive tried 729 long pips, 729 wangnan, 729 tackispin, and 2 other 729 rubber. Wangnan is the least tackiest except for long pips but but wang nan has a soft sponge. The other ones are basically the same. Tackiness, speed, sponge hadness, baelry a differnce.
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2005 at 2:04pm
wang nan not that soft
mkevb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkevb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2005 at 2:27pm
46deg holy cow
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2005 at 6:01pm
is the 46 degree wang nan transcend sponge for all transcend sponges? or just the one you have
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2005 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by bigreddawgie bigreddawgie wrote:

is the 46 degree wang nan transcend sponge for all transcend sponges? or just the one you have

There are several variations within the transcend series. I guess some are quite soft, although the softest I've gotten felt about 40.

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2005 at 8:14pm
How does the transcend sponge play unglued?
Moonwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2005 at 2:03pm
Transcend sponge comes in tensioned and un-tensioned versions. Higher is tensioned and Faster is not tensioned. I guess the tensioned ones tend to be a little softer. So far i didn't and don't feel the need to speed glue my Higher.
Blade: Palio Carbon Japanese
Rubber: RITC 729 (Higher) 2008 2.2mm H40
PingPongPang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2005 at 2:14pm
RITC 729 that's a masterpiece made by Friendship. I like its stickiness. Easy to drive and control. It really depends on what sponge you combine it with. Great for serving too. Most of all, I like the price!!! Don't get it until you get a chance to try it. I don't want people to waste their money on the rubbers that they've never tried.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2005 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Most of the 729 rubbers are designed to play unglued.

alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2005 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Originally posted by TT_Freak TT_Freak wrote:

Most of the 729 rubbers are designed to play unglued.

why is that?

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2005 at 5:52pm
Because they are coming from china where gluing isn't as popular I guess. The gluing started in europe with the softer sponge rubbers. The main rubbers that seem to need glued are the 35 degree ones, esp if they're not heavilly tensioned.

FXEL is a little slow and soft sponge with thin topsheet, so some people feel that one needs glue. The rest of the 729 will play well with or without.

Spontaneous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spontaneous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2005 at 3:01am
i played with 729 RITC-2 and 729 SUPER FX.
729 RITC-2 is one of those rubbers that u have to get use to, since it feels different to alot of rubbers i've played. Its quite tacky and spinny, but it lacks speed. 729 SUPER FX is much more tackier, spinnier and slightly faster, great for serves and drives.
mliu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mliu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2005 at 11:38am

Hi Moonwalker,

How do u get the newer tensioned 729 in Singapore? Is there speed glue effect for tensioned rubbers?

Moonwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2005 at 12:32pm

i didn't get it in singapore...i got it while at my trip in china.

The 729Higher i'm playing, i would say it needs a light carbon blade to play with for full potential. I weighed the Higher and Faster. Higher is a few grams heavier. Speed glue effects? I guess so. I'm not really sure as i don't often speed glue.

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2005 at 1:02pm
which ones better between the 2.. still cant decide which one to buy
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2005 at 1:12pm
HIGHER IT IS TENSIONED AND IT IS ONLY 14 DOLLARS WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET A HIGH TENSION RUBBER FOR 14 DOLLARS? FASTER IS NOT TENSIONED AND IF YOU CAN GET TENSIONED VERSION FOR SAME PRICE WHY NOT GET THE TENSION VERSION???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2005 at 10:48pm
icic
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2005 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Moonwalker Moonwalker wrote:

i didn't get it in singapore...i got it while at my trip in china.

The 729Higher i'm playing, i would say it needs a light carbon blade to play with for full potential. I weighed the Higher and Faster. Higher is a few grams heavier. Speed glue effects? I guess so. I'm not really sure as i don't often speed glue.

Strange, my higher was much lighter than the faster.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2005 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

HIGHER IT IS TENSIONED AND IT IS ONLY 14 DOLLARS WHERE ELSE CAN YOU GET A HIGH TENSION RUBBER FOR 14 DOLLARS? FASTER IS NOT TENSIONED AND IF YOU CAN GET TENSIONED VERSION FOR SAME PRICE WHY NOT GET THE TENSION VERSION???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Perhaps because you're going to glue it and you still want to be able to push?

Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 12:52am
Can anyone tell me a bit about 729 Transcend Higher and Faster? I am perticularly interested in the exact sponge hardness.
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 12:01pm
Cole, do you know how the sponge of 729 Transcend on Higher/ Faster compares to the Sriver sponge?
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moonwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 12:21pm

Cole, i guess the difference in weight comes down to the consistency of the rubbers made...again! haha

Pat, Sriver sponge is harder than Higher/Faster. But the 729 are spinnier and louder. Transcend sponge is considered to be soft sponges

Patmandidily View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patmandidily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 1:19pm
How about speed? How much faster is Sriver unglued?
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 4:37pm
hmm dpesnt sriver have a soft sponge? so that means the transcend is even softer!!!  does higher on transcend fit for backhand looping and service return?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 4:45pm
how does higher compare to bryce unglued... both are tensioned
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 7:39pm

Originally posted by bigreddawgie bigreddawgie wrote:

hmm dpesnt sriver have a soft sponge? so that means the transcend is even softer!!!  does higher on transcend fit for backhand looping and service return?

Sriver (and markV) traditionally came on a fairly hard sponge...like maybe 43?  But now there's all kinds of versions.  The faster and higher I have are on about 40.  I'll make someone a deal on this sample faster I have.  And I have higher coming in a couple of days.

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 8:13pm

Could I test the higher?

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2005 at 8:37pm
does higher on transcend fit for backhand looping and service return?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic