Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2009 Harmony China Open, Su Zhou, CHN, Jun 3 - Jun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2009 Harmony China Open, Su Zhou, CHN, Jun 3 - Jun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2009 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

Chen Qi won over Kenta Matsudaira: 3-11,4-11,9-11,11-13, it seems like Chinese studied his game and his serves very well. :)
Actually thats the  normal result anybody would expect from a game between Chen Qi and Kenta.
Just because the kid played out of his skin, at home in a losing game against Ma Lin theres no need to make excuses for him losing to a player way above his normal level.
I would be quite surprised if the chinese needed to study Kenta's game and services in order to beat him, like they had to have a team meeting to say like "hey this guy is a real threat and we need to meet to find ways to beat him" LOL
Petermoo
Sponsored Links

huizhao85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huizhao85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2009 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Anybody....

please record Zhang Jike vs Chen Qi match.... PLLLLLEEEAAAASSSSEEE.. LOL

PLZ tape ma lin vs xu xin too!
YEO CPen + T05 + Sriver G3
Violin CPen + H3 NEO + Boost TC
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 1:40am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

how many world class 18 year olds are there besides him to compete with though? on a world scale with the rest of the men, that kid is still just a chump. What kinds of titles has he won? I bet they are all japanese titles.. no international titles right? (correct me if I'm wrong) But this isn't bad talk, its all just expected because the kid is only 16.

But I like him a lot aside from that. And he is still 16, and I think he's got more power than Mizutani does already. I think he will be better than Mizutani when he becomes 20. But I also agree with the fact that you cant make expectations and good judgements just from one good match with Ma Lin.

Kenta Matsudaira is 18. He'll be out of the U18 next year, and be a contender for U21 where currently, people like Ma Long, Ovtcharov, Mizutani Jun, Jiang Tianyi, and Zhang Jike set up camp.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 1:44am
Originally posted by Cyrilix Cyrilix wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

how many world class 18 year olds are there besides him to compete with though? on a world scale with the rest of the men, that kid is still just a chump. What kinds of titles has he won? I bet they are all japanese titles.. no international titles right? (correct me if I'm wrong) But this isn't bad talk, its all just expected because the kid is only 16.

But I like him a lot aside from that. And he is still 16, and I think he's got more power than Mizutani does already. I think he will be better than Mizutani when he becomes 20. But I also agree with the fact that you cant make expectations and good judgements just from one good match with Ma Lin.

Kenta Matsudaira is 18. He'll be out of the U18 next year, and be a contender for U21 where currently, people like Ma Long, Ovtcharov, Mizutani Jun, Jiang Tianyi, and Zhang Jike set up camp.

My bad. Thanks for correcting me Smile. I was under the impression he was 16, but i stand corrected. You make a good point then. Next year, if he is in under 21- look at that list. Thats an intimidating list of people to deal with.
Froz3nheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Froz3nheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 1:50am
where can i watch this live? 
Stiga Offensive NCT
National Voc-free H3 Blue Sponge
Hammond-x

Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 1:53am
For some reason, you just made me think about that picture of Ishikawa Kasumi that was used a while back (I thought she was a bit scary).

And of course, I can't comment on ITTF pictures without the one that ITTF is currently using for Guo Yue. It's not very flattering...

Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 2:22am
Yu Meng Yu over Guo Yan! 4-2... =D

Huge upset...
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
Tomii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 2:58am

that picture of Ishikawa Kasumi that was used a while back

which one do you mean? :P lemmesee^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Rtenkmt6M

Self-made video please watch and comment
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Tomii Tomii wrote:

that picture of Ishikawa Kasumi that was used a while back

which one do you mean? :P lemmesee^^

You can't see my pictures? I hotlinked to it quite clearly. Click here.
The way she looked at the WTTC, though, was very cute. Now, she's my 3rd female TT idol, behind Zhang Yining and Liu Shiwen. I guess I'm getting a little OT here. Tongue
lilrazo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilrazo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 3:38am
hello where can we watch it live? what was the bwni? 
Cyrilix View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyrilix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 3:58am
Originally posted by lilrazo lilrazo wrote:

hello where can we watch it live? what was the bwni? 

bwin.com --> gambling site
You need to put money into your account to watch live videos. Hope you got 10 bucks.
almal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 5:26am
Mens Singles Roud 3

Ma Long(CHN) vs Yoon Jae Young(KOR)
or
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 5:45am
Originally posted by almal almal wrote:

Mens Singles Roud 3

Thank you almal! Do you have Ma Lin - Xu Xin maybe? Or Ma Lin vs Patrick Baum?
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
almal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 6:25am

Originally posted by almal almal wrote:

Mens Singles Roud 3

Thank you almal! Do you have Ma Lin - Xu Xin maybe? Or Ma Lin vs Patrick Baum?

No.

I'm uploading Wang Ligin vs Habesohn Daniel now.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 6:37am
cool.. keep them coming, almal..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 6:40am
hmm....
ZJK vs Ma Long would be quite a mouth watering semifinal..

655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
almal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 6:47am
Mens Singles Round 3

or

Wang Ligin vs Habesohn Daniel
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 8:34am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

hmm....
ZJK vs Ma Long would be quite a mouth watering semifinal..

I think it will be Ma Long versus Joo Se Hyuk. Joo has a good chances against Zhang Jike.
Tibhar Defense Plus

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Stiiif View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stiiif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 8:48am
What a fantastic match! Jike ZHANG and JOO suit each other soooo well ... Just listen to the roars of the spectators! It's a long time since I've seen anything as well as this defensively in male TT, I cannot figure out why Zhang can't kill the balls (I guess Ma Long has a bit more fierce smashes, but we'll see if Joo reaches the semis) ... Come on now, Jike!
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Stiiif Stiiif wrote:

What a fantastic match! Jike ZHANG and JOO suit each other soooo well ... Just listen to the roars of the spectators! It's a long time since I've seen anything as well as this defensively in male TT, I cannot figure out why Zhang can't kill the balls (I guess Ma Long has a bit more fierce smashes, but we'll see if Joo reaches the semis) ... Come on now, Jike!

where do you watch it? on bwin? Cry
Tibhar Defense Plus

Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 8:56am
CCTV 5 is showing it right now!
Tibhar Defense Plus

Stiiif View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stiiif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 8:56am
where do you watch it? on bwin? Cry
[/QUOTE]

Yes, on bwin ... Haven't checked out CCTV5 yet ...
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 9:07am
zhang jike jia you
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 9:14am
ahhh, playing against Joo Se Hyuk is so frustrating these days... You just can not finished the point..
Tibhar Defense Plus

Stiiif View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stiiif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 9:23am

ahhh, playing against Joo Se Hyuk is so frustrating these days... You just can not finished the point..

You're so right! This might well go into 7th game, and Joo might just edge it, because of his stability, few errors and vicious counter-attacks ...
Stiiif View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stiiif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 9:27am
Originally posted by TT over Study TT over Study wrote:

zhang jike jia you

??? And this means ... ??? Hope it's some kind of spell, giving Jike some extra power in this 7th game ...
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Stiiif Stiiif wrote:

Originally posted by TT over Study TT over Study wrote:

zhang jike jia you

??? And this means ... ??? Hope it's some kind of spell, giving Jike some extra power in this 7th game ...

I think it means somethig like "fight harder". :)
Tibhar Defense Plus

naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 9:47am

Joo Se Hyuk's style is so different from what Zhang is used to, he just didnt seem comfortable the whole match. I'm sure he will do better next time. I think Joo has beaten almost every single top Chinese player in his era at one time or another.

who no know go know
Stiiif View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stiiif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 9:55am
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Joo Se Hyuk's style is so different from what Zhang is used to, he just didnt seem comfortable the whole match. I'm sure he will do better next time. I think Joo has beaten almost every single top Chinese player in his era at one time or another.

Thanks, hope you're right ... What about Hou Yingchao (whom I've read about, but yet not seen play), was/is his style similar to Joo's? As far as I remember he was nicknamed The Magician or Merlin, and was one mean motherchopper ...
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2009 at 10:27am
Please, a Megaupload link or Depostid: Joo Se Hyuk vs. Zhang Jike
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic