FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

NEO HURRICANE 2,3, AND TG 2 ARE OUT.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:43am
ITTF Stamps yes :) (with no numbers), so do the fakes, they look exactly the same on the top, but the pimples are all wrong and so is the way the rubber plays

Sponsored Links

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 4:01am
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

ITTF Stamps yes :) (with no numbers), so do the fakes, they look exactly the same on the top, but the pimples are all wrong and so is the way the rubber plays

oh..
But didnt none of the old rubbers have the numbers in that little square box?
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

oh..
But didnt none of the old rubbers have the numbers in that little square box?

Nope.... At least not the hurricanes, that's only a new invention, that's why we are assuming the top sheet has changed and needed new approval, otherwise they wouldn't have needed to change the dies

Froz3nheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Froz3nheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 4:52pm
LMAO. the thread i started is so long now (: 
Stiga Offensive NCT
National Voc-free H3 Blue Sponge
Hammond-x

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 5:41pm
I'm thinking about trying one of them. I dont know which one. I was thinking TG3.. but i didn't know it would end up being the tackiest of them all! idk. TG2 is out. I dont want super tacky.. but do i really want another H3?
Waldmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I'm thinking about trying one of them. I dont know which one. I was thinking TG3.. but i didn't know it would end up being the tackiest of them all! idk. TG2 is out. I dont want super tacky.. but do i really want another H3?

Go for TG3, you can reduce the tack with spiritus/ethanol ( important: the modified one for burning ).
P�����������������������h
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 6:03pm

Why dont you go for an H2?
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

Why dont you go for an H2?

I am thinking about giving H2 a try.  How difference between H2 vs TG3?

Waldmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 7:33pm
H2 is mostly harder. More speed on fast shots, but more difficult to control.
P�����������������������h
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 8:21pm

They don't have the ITTF number on them (only new rubbers do) Here's a real and fake H2 (Red is real). The black rubber ordered straight out of China

Nice pictures nicefrog, very useful! I've never had a close look at the bottom of the topsheet.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 2:19am
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 2:28am
I dont want to go for H2 because of the much lower throw than I'm used to. I already went from low to high back in the day, I'm adjusted and I don't think I want to go back. Idk... never played H2 before. Plus, aren't skylines supposed to be better all around anyway?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 2:37am

I played the H3 already, i think I'll stay away for a while. I want to try a TG3, and I'll TRY an H2. I'm sure if i don't like it someone will pick it up for cheap in a heart beat. But right now, BW2 41 is so nice. Especially on the Clipper. I really benefit from the hard sponge. I will probably order one of those custom sponges that are harder.

TG2 is too slow for me to want to try. Ma Lin's game calls for that kind of rubber... but not mine lol. I'm a powerhouse with a hopefully finesseful short game. I don't need control- I need power.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 3:03am
It'll be TG3... but wow, Just had a look at the price tag. 26 and 28 bucks. That's heavy. But I guess it makes sense. Stuff is brand new, and obviously on high demand. And still around the same or cheaper than a sheet of sriver! :)
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 2:45am
Has anyone got there Neo rubbers yet?

I cant wait for a review.

I hopefully get mine on Monday or Tuesday.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 2:48am
Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

Has anyone got there Neo rubbers yet?

I cant wait for a review.

I hopefully get mine on Monday or Tuesday.

I can't wait to see a review of any Neo rubber either...LOL

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 4:02am
Only a few more sleeps and we will all have them, by the end of next week everyone will be sick of reviews

tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2009 at 3:36am
how is that thing with H3 neo number 24-108? I got a sheet of H3neo with 108 number. Do all H3 neo topsheets have 108 while other neo are starting with zero?
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2009 at 3:49am
Tomas I think so, are you going to play (try) H3 FH H2 backhand?

nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2009 at 3:59am
where can we buy this rubbers
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2009 at 4:15am
Can someone please tell me that why these NEO series rubbers have a new Topsheet number for them?
Are they newly approved or something?
If that is the case, then why can't i find the newly listed NEO series under the ITTF section!
Can someone please clarify this?
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2009 at 4:53am

Tomas I think so, are you going to play (try) H3 FH H2 backhand?
yes, this is my intention. But I will probably twiddle for some time ;)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2009 at 5:24am
i have tested all 4 because adham sent these rubbers to the kids here in the philippines and i got the opportunity to burrow 4 from the kids and tested them.
neo hurricane 2 - the red one i tried was a softer than the old ones.. it felt like a 39 degree sponge and take note it is lighter than the old h2. its weight is close to a sriver. slightly tacky
neo hurricane 3 - the red sheet i tried was harder than the neo h2. a bit heavier than the h2 maybe because of the variation in sponge but still lighter than the old h3
neo skyline 2 - red sheet i tried was very fast but not really tacky. produces tons of spin
neo skyline 3 - black sheet was the one that really amazed me because of all the 4 it was the fastest and also the spinniest.. it wasnt very tacky like the old skyline 3.

take note: all 4 rubbers are slightly lighter than the old equivalent dhs rubbers by about 5-7 grams by rough estimate. these rubbers are very springy and they do not go to the net easily liek the old ones. the neo skyline 3 was my favorite since im planning to buy one which i think will substitute tenergy 05 but spinnier and more control
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2009 at 8:21am
Originally posted by anubhav1984 anubhav1984 wrote:

Can someone please tell me that why these NEO series rubbers have a new Topsheet number for them?
Are they newly approved or something?
If that is the case, then why can't i find the newly listed NEO series under the ITTF section!
Can someone please clarify this?

The number such as 24-108 on NEO series rubbers is not a part of the ITTF approved texts, I think. It is not an ITTF number but an �additional text�. Top sheets of NEO series rubbers are Hurricanes or Skylines. See the ITTF rule below:

Many racket coverings contain additional text in the rubber mould apart from the brand name and suppliers name and this does not disqualify them from the List of Authorised Racket Coverings. However, the brand name given in the list must be there (for example, Butterfly Sriver L and Butterfly Sriver S have the addition �D13�). Such texts could be positioned anywhere in the area reserved for the text on the rubber.
http://www.ittf.com/ittf_equipment/pdf/Racket_list_no_30_OK.pdf
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2009 at 2:56am
In Hong Kong, NEO series rubbers were not arrowed to use in a tournament. DHS has been asked to explain the legality of the rubbers.
http://www.bokett.com/bbs/dispbbs.asp?boardid=668&Id=200566

It would be appreciated if any Hong Kong people could tell us the details of the issue.
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2009 at 8:01am
anyway I'm thinking what rubbers are the china team using now... since NEO is still not approved?
This has been a discussion in other forums
vivleien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivleien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2009 at 8:53am
As only the sponge changed, I think there is no need for any new authorization. They just changed the mould to be more ITTF friendly (ie add number 24-108, as on all new rubbers in all brands).

For instance there were multiple mould in Sriver history, which shared the same ITTF authorization. Tibhar also changed its moulds 10 or 15 years ago, it's just cosmetic changes.

At least this is my understanding.
Fixpoint View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fixpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2009 at 3:39am
NEO series rubbers are on the ITTF LARC now!
http://www.ittf.com/ittf_equipment/Racket_Covering_List_30B.pdf
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2009 at 4:49am
Originally posted by Fixpoint Fixpoint wrote:

and H3 neo has the number 108 ;)
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2009 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Fixpoint Fixpoint wrote:

Thx for the list Fixpoint! Sorry for being offtopic, but in the Butterfly list I see Tenergy 05(25,64) FX! and Flarestorm II. Any info about them???  Also Haifu has Whale/Shark III in the list but not Whale II and Shark II...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic