Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My review on DHS Neo setting (updated)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My review on DHS Neo setting (updated)
    Posted: 09/14/2009 at 8:57am
Meh. I only have BTY's Fit Chack glue right now. How will this glue be fair with Neo(s)?
:: EJ level 1 ::
Sponsored Links

silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2009 at 7:57am
I refuse to use water-based glue.  I'm still using Elmer's Rubber Cement with good results.  It has VOCs, but I don't play many tournaments so it doesn't matter.  Even if it did, I leave the rubber on the blade for a its life and it would be weeks, maybe months.  The VOCs would have aired out long before the racket was measured. 

Keep in mind that the actual manufacture of rubber REQUIRES VOCs.  They are there when fresh rubber is purchased.  If water-based glue was used on new rubber, the racket would not pass ENEZ or ELIZE-2 tests.
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2009 at 2:06am
Originally posted by zwu168 zwu168 wrote:

There was a post on pingpang.info that said the sticky stuff on the sponge needs to be taken off before gluing. Source is rather reliable because the poster is a moderator. I might have to tear it off on my H3 factory tuned as well.

Moderator sometimes mean nothing, there are many chinese non-professional players still use the speed glue and not like the water glue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2009 at 2:04am
Originally posted by cagaragesales cagaragesales wrote:

You can't remove the sticky stuff... LoL You can remove the white plastic sheet. I'm sure that's what it means. I've already played with the H2, H3, and TG3, reviews coming shortly on my website/livejournal. Will be playing with TG2 shortly.

I agree, those chinese players misunderstand the DHS announcement.
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by cagaragesales cagaragesales wrote:

You can't remove the sticky stuff... LoL You can remove the white plastic sheet. I'm sure that's what it means. I've already played with the H2, H3, and TG3, reviews coming shortly on my website/livejournal. Will be playing with TG2 shortly.

Post here when you are done :)

Sebas-aquire, yeah it sucks that there's some kind of glue on there but I think since it will be VOC < 2ppm or so then it will take ages/years to evaporate if you keep the blade covered up. I don't really care about the sponge since I was happy with the old ones, I jsut want to see if they improved the topsheet

sebas-aguirre View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebas-aguirre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 9:55pm
sticky stuff?
this reminds me of blue whale II factory tuned...
hope this is not just another factory tuned rubber because we know that factory tuning does not last long.
I would like to see how neo plays after 3 or 4 months of use.
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 9:47pm

zwu168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwu168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 9:13pm
There was a post on pingpang.info that said the sticky stuff on the sponge needs to be taken off before gluing. Source is rather reliable because the poster is a moderator. I might have to tear it off on my H3 factory tuned as well.
OC WRB
FH: Hurricane 2
BH: CJ8000

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 8:46pm
It's so funny, DHS announce that user just to remove the white protective cover on the sponge to use the rubber but many user misunderstand that they need to remove the glue on the sponge!
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 12:12pm
It says that the correct way of using is to remove the glue layer at the back
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2009 at 3:28am
TRANSLATOR!!!!!!!!
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 10:37pm
We need to get Mr Squiggle on the job......... an elephant with a yoyo..... standing on one leg

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 10:34pm
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 6:33pm
Waldmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by ttrubberman ttrubberman wrote:

We have no choice but the trend is, we need more speed especially when speed glue is banned, with the trade off of spin. BTW, the spin is still very good.

I d say it s easier to increase the speed of rubbers than the spin, that s why the trend.
P�����������������������h
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 1:01pm
i agree completely about the less tacky part.

Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Nice review and pics ttrubberman!IMO When it comes to discussing how tacky a rubber is, it's pretty meaningless when it comes to DHS. Although the quality of their rubbers is quite good, the quality control has not been (at least not in the past). I've gone through numerous batches of the their commercial rubbers (H2/H3, tg23/tg3), and some are MUCH tackier than others. I agree with other that H2 is usually tackier than H3, but I've seen exeptions to this as well. I do hope that these new ones are more consistant (and I'm keen to try them myself too), but you can't judge the quality control on a single batch... time will tell. the quality looks good though!BTW The trend (from most Chinese manufacturers) is to make them less tacky. The reason is, and i happen to agree with this, is that you can generally get MORE spin of a loop with a mildly tacky or grippy rubber, than what you can with a very tacky rubber. Since the loop is the most popular offensive stroke in TT, this is important. Just my opinion of courseBig%20smile
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

The best thing about the speed glue era was that you could take a cheap, HIGH SPIN and HIGH CONTROL Chinese rubber (729 Super FX for example) and get it playing fast enough to be dangerous.

And while Tenergy is a weird animal suited for high level play, it's success has more to do with how much SPIN it can create at reasonable speeds than how fast it is.

New generation rubbers that fail to create enough spin will result in shots that go LONG LONG LONG and missed loopkills.

I dont think it gets more right on the money than that.

Tenergy is so successful because of the massive spin it brings that we were familiar with in the glue ban. Everyone is focusing on speed, but if you keep making faster products, and you dont have the spin that we did with speed glue, the ball will just be out of our hands. It should have been called 'spin glue' lol.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 10:26am
The best thing about the speed glue era was that you could take a cheap, HIGH SPIN and HIGH CONTROL Chinese rubber (729 Super FX for example) and get it playing fast enough to be dangerous.

And while Tenergy is a weird animal suited for high level play, it's success has more to do with how much SPIN it can create at reasonable speeds than how fast it is.

New generation rubbers that fail to create enough spin will result in shots that go LONG LONG LONG and missed loopkills.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2009 at 7:36am
We have no choice but the trend is, we need more speed especially when speed glue is banned, with the trade off of spin. BTW, the spin is still very good.
zwu168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwu168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Nice review and pics ttrubberman!

IMO When it comes to discussing how tacky a rubber is, it's pretty meaningless when it comes to DHS. Although the quality of their rubbers is quite good, the quality control has not been (at least not in the past). I've gone through numerous batches of the their commercial rubbers (H2/H3, tg23/tg3), and some are MUCH tackier than others. I agree with other that H2 is usually tackier than H3, but I've seen exeptions to this as well.

I do hope that these new ones are more consistant (and I'm keen to try them myself too), but you can't judge the quality control on a single batch... time will tell. the quality looks good though!

BTW The trend (from most Chinese manufacturers) is to make them less tacky. The reason is, and i happen to agree with this, is that you can generally get MORE spin of a loop with a mildly tacky or grippy rubber, than what you can with a very tacky rubber. Since the loop is the most popular offensive stroke in TT, this is important. Just my opinion of courseBig%20smile
nah, even prov and nat versions became more on teh grippy side. when you see wang liqin bounce the ball before service, it doesnt stick to the rubber at all. it bounces like a euro or jap rubber. i am still in love with rubbers that can pick up the ball because i can make insane spins on loop kills. right now the ball is way faster but 2nd bounce is too weak to end it.
OC WRB
FH: Hurricane 2
BH: CJ8000
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Asaomi Asaomi wrote:

sounds very marketing

That's what i think too. And who needs speed? If you need speed get a clipper with bryce. Fresh glue effect is more than just speed. And i suspect this "NEO" rubbers are not much different than normal china stuff: hard, inflexible, dead.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 8:16pm
Nice review and pics ttrubberman!

IMO When it comes to discussing how tacky a rubber is, it's pretty meaningless when it comes to DHS. Although the quality of their rubbers is quite good, the quality control has not been (at least not in the past). I've gone through numerous batches of the their commercial rubbers (H2/H3, tg23/tg3), and some are MUCH tackier than others. I agree with other that H2 is usually tackier than H3, but I've seen exeptions to this as well.

I do hope that these new ones are more consistant (and I'm keen to try them myself too), but you can't judge the quality control on a single batch... time will tell. the quality looks good though!

BTW The trend (from most Chinese manufacturers) is to make them less tacky. The reason is, and i happen to agree with this, is that you can generally get MORE spin of a loop with a mildly tacky or grippy rubber, than what you can with a very tacky rubber. Since the loop is the most popular offensive stroke in TT, this is important. Just my opinion of courseBig%20smile
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 5:06pm
So how is the factory tuned different from NEO?

Does NEO sponge have a white paper covering like the factory tuned National/Provincial?
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:58pm
that was two seconds 6 months ago :P
but maybe the force upwards is what making it drop that fast.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

The H2 that I pulled off three weeks ago still holds a ball for two seconds and it was on the blade for 12 months and used once a week (I only play once a week), so the tack was still the same as when it was new. But I do cover them with plastic covers between each game and the entire blade and rubbers are wraped and sealed between seasons. I think the sponge had started to give out, since the new one feels a little better but the topsheet is still perfect

Thanks

Here I posted this 6 months ago when the rubber was 6 months old

http://stashbox.org/448283/h2tacktest_x264.avi

It was still the same 3 weeks ago, it seems 2 seconds was quite the exageration :P but anyway you can see for yourself that it is tacky

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

The H2 that I pulled off three weeks ago still holds a ball for two seconds and it was on the blade for 12 months and used once a week (I only play once a week), so the tack was still the same as when it was new. But I do cover them with plastic covers between each game and the entire blade and rubbers are wraped and sealed between seasons. I think the sponge had started to give out, since the new one feels a little better but the topsheet is still perfect

Thanks
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:00pm
2009 Hurricane 3 Provincials #20 sponge are tacky. just bought a batch, and they are tacky (underlined)
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 2:35pm
thanks for review ... but doesn't help much without comparison of speed, spin, glue effect and other factors with commonly kjnown rubbers.

all reviews look the same without these.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
bruno_ar2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruno_ar2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 11:03am
ttrubberman,

is it faster than bw2 or slower? the 39 degree is equal to the 38 bw2 in terms of hardness?

thanks
FH: H3B 40
BH: TGS 3-60
Blade: ZJ ALC
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 10:00am

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic