Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My review on DHS Neo setting (updated)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ttrubberman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My review on DHS Neo setting (updated)
    Posted: 07/22/2009 at 1:29pm

My review on DHS Neo setting (updated)

July 22nd, 2009

Tonight, I will first try the Neo rubber, not Hurricane 3 but Skyline 3, it is because the hurricane 3 are all sold and I cannot keep one for myself! I didn�t sell Skyline 3 and I got one from the DHS supplier. I wish more stock will be available soon.

Here is the pictures of my testing equipment:

sany1102.JPG

sany1104.JPG

sany1106.JPG

sany1109.JPG

sany1110.JPG

Here is my review:

Setting

•  655 Hurricane King, 84g, 5.8mm thickness.
  • Forehand: Red Neo Skyline 3, 40degree 2.2mm, DHS water glue.
  • Backhand: CJ8000 Beijing Team, 36degree 2.2mm, Speed glue 2 layers.

Review

Forehand: The speed is fast, the neo skyline3 is so bouncy, the surface is a little tacky, the spin is good. The batting sound is so loud. I can feel that the skin wood is hard so that the ball bounce away very fast, it�s quite different from the 656 Hurricane Hao.

Mid distance looping: I need to adjust a bit on the angle of stroke, more upward and now okay.  The ball is fast, it works like it is speed glue! The most important point is that the looping is so good, easy to loop, and the curve is even better than my BW2. Better, not better to loop, but the curve is more difficult for the opponent to deal with, this is what the old DHS rubber can do before!

Backhand: Push is easy, powerful enough. The blade is very good in hand feeling, no vibration but I can feel the ball quite well. Therefore, backhand defence is even more easy than my current setting. About RBH, it�s fast, theCJ8000 is spiny and the HK give it more power.

Conclusion

DHS Neo series is the true solution in the post glue-ban era, the ball is so fast and spiny, it is actually give you the same feeling as the old DHS rubber with speed glue! If you�re DHS die hard fan and now still gluing your old Hurricane 3, it�s time for you to go a step foreward. The Neo is for you.

655 Hurricane King is still the HK but now more power and even more stable, no vibration but better hand feeling, it�s powerful! Good for near to middle range looping.

656 Hurricane Hao is designed for 2-sides looping, now the forehand is more power, it should be ideal with using Neo rubber for forehand, powerful spiny looping.

Product and Review: http://www.ttrubberman.com
Sponsored Links

nick911sc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nick911sc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 2:02pm
Thanks for the review!

So here's my question

You say the TG3 neo is slightly tacky, but albert said the TG3 neo is tackier than his H3 neo. 

So exactly how tacky are we speaking about?  Can it pick up the ball?

YEO Cpen

Xiom Fuga Cpen

Xiom Strato Cpen

Dawei Matrix Cpen

Dawei Quattro A+ FL

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 2:19pm
Thanks rubberman, I'll post my review of the H2's up once they arrive. I'm guessing they will take about a week Hongkong-Australia, So with some luck that maybe Tuesday night

Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 2:39pm
sounds very marketing
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by nick911sc nick911sc wrote:

You say the TG3 neo is slightly tacky, but albert said the TG3 neo is tackier than his H3 neo.

I am confused as well???Confused

nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 2:54pm
Don't worry I'll have mine soon, if it's a total fail I'll let you know the truth :)

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by nicefrog nicefrog wrote:

I'll post my review of the H2's up once they arrive.

I can't wait to see it...LOL

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 4:38pm
If anyone has an accurate scale....let us know about uncut sheet weights for any of the NEO DHS rubbers.  Thanks. 

bruno_ar2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruno_ar2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 7:00pm
very nice ttrubberman,

does the sponge feel springy? can u compare it with bw2 and T05 in term of "springyness"

thanks
FH: H3B 40
BH: TGS 3-60
Blade: ZJ ALC
zwu168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwu168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 7:59pm
i dont think any of the newer DHS rubbers can pick up the ball anymore;i have lost interest for that reason. late 07, 08 09 rubbers can be considered grippy in my eyes
OC WRB
FH: Hurricane 2
BH: CJ8000
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 8:00pm
That would be nice to know, since I don't like springyness :), I hope they still feel "dead" as some guys call them, or perhaps half dead:P with just a little bit of life about them, a bit like the blue sponge is but a little more alive than that, that's what I'm hoping for

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 8:46pm
dude, whats the difference between the old tg3 and this one including the topsheet and sponge?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by zwu168 zwu168 wrote:

i dont think any of the newer DHS rubbers can pick up the ball anymore;i have lost interest for that reason. late 07, 08 09 rubbers can be considered grippy in my eyes

my 07, 08 are tacky and can hold ball. anyone whoever met me and saw my rubber can tell you how tacky mine is... have 09 too but haven't opened it...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by nick911sc nick911sc wrote:

Thanks for the review!

So here's my question

So exactly how tacky are we speaking about?  Can it pick up the ball?

Yes, it is slightly tacky, it cannot pick up a ball.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by bruno_ar2002 bruno_ar2002 wrote:

very nice ttrubberman,

does the sponge feel springy? can u compare it with bw2 and T05 in term of "springyness"

thanks

It is not as springy as german rubber, but you will not feel "lack of power".

The feeling are different. For german rubber, you can geel that the rubber is soft, elastic, the ball like bounce away. For the DHS rubber, you can feel the sponge is energetic, the time in and out the sponge is very short, just like it is glued.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

Originally posted by zwu168 zwu168 wrote:

my 07, 08 are tacky and can hold ball. anyone whoever met me and saw my rubber can tell you how tacky mine is... have 09 too but haven't opened it...

I think DHS will not make that "tacky" rubber any more, as they need more speed with a reasonable spin the the trend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttrubberman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 9:30pm

That would be nice to know, since I don't like springyness :), I hope they still feel "dead" as some guys call them, or perhaps half dead:P with just a little bit of life about them, a bit like the blue sponge is but a little more alive than that, that's what I'm hoping for

You can feel the "dead" feeling in the old Hurricane 3 without glue. But for the Neo, you can feel it is energetic, this is my first time to get this feeling from DHS product without gluing.
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2009 at 9:44pm
i might just wait for friend who will go back to China during OCt...
cost only $15-20 AUD for each sheet of NEO H3 DeadDead
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 12:41am
i'm gonna have a look at my friend's 09... i'm pretty sure it's still tacky...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 2:55am
imho a rubber that can pick up and hold a 40mm ball for more than a couple of seconds is "too" tacky. My new H2's will still pick one up for a couple of seconds, that's more than enough tack. I wont mine if the NEO's are less tacky than that so long as the texture of them is a little grippy to make up for it

tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 6:33am
Originally posted by ttrubberman ttrubberman wrote:

You can feel the "dead" feeling in the old Hurricane 3 without glue. But for the Neo, you can feel it is energetic, this is my first time to get this feeling from DHS product without gluing.

omg, i am so curious Star
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 6:50am

imho a rubber that can pick up and hold a 40mm ball for more than a couple of seconds is "too" tacky. My new H2's will still pick one up for a couple of seconds, that's more than enough tack. I wont mine if the NEO's are less tacky than that so long as the texture of them is a little grippy to make up for it

When I first bought BW2 it picked up the ball for 3 seconds I think, but now it can dream of doing that feat again :P
do you think DHS tack stays longer ?
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 10:00am
The H2 that I pulled off three weeks ago still holds a ball for two seconds and it was on the blade for 12 months and used once a week (I only play once a week), so the tack was still the same as when it was new. But I do cover them with plastic covers between each game and the entire blade and rubbers are wraped and sealed between seasons. I think the sponge had started to give out, since the new one feels a little better but the topsheet is still perfect

bruno_ar2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruno_ar2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 11:03am
ttrubberman,

is it faster than bw2 or slower? the 39 degree is equal to the 38 bw2 in terms of hardness?

thanks
FH: H3B 40
BH: TGS 3-60
Blade: ZJ ALC
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 2:35pm
thanks for review ... but doesn't help much without comparison of speed, spin, glue effect and other factors with commonly kjnown rubbers.

all reviews look the same without these.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:00pm
2009 Hurricane 3 Provincials #20 sponge are tacky. just bought a batch, and they are tacky (underlined)
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:03pm

The H2 that I pulled off three weeks ago still holds a ball for two seconds and it was on the blade for 12 months and used once a week (I only play once a week), so the tack was still the same as when it was new. But I do cover them with plastic covers between each game and the entire blade and rubbers are wraped and sealed between seasons. I think the sponge had started to give out, since the new one feels a little better but the topsheet is still perfect

Thanks

Hurricane Hao III
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Sallom89 Sallom89 wrote:

Thanks

Here I posted this 6 months ago when the rubber was 6 months old

http://stashbox.org/448283/h2tacktest_x264.avi

It was still the same 3 weeks ago, it seems 2 seconds was quite the exageration :P but anyway you can see for yourself that it is tacky

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 3:58pm
that was two seconds 6 months ago :P
but maybe the force upwards is what making it drop that fast.

Hurricane Hao III
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2009 at 5:06pm
So how is the factory tuned different from NEO?

Does NEO sponge have a white paper covering like the factory tuned National/Provincial?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic