Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nianmor Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Talent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nianmor Review
    Posted: 08/28/2009 at 4:13pm
First i�d like to intruduce myself because in my opinion the information about the reviewer is as important as the rubber himself^^
To me:-i play in the first youth league in germany(if u need something to compare it would be us rating 2200+,maybe more im not that sure)
-my play style is the same as timo bolls,i�m lefthanded,i do the pressure point grip and im a close/mid distance looper
Now to Nianmor.. ;)
I had now three training sessions with it and what i can say is that it really is a rival to the tenergy series,so i can understand why samsonov plays with it.
First thing i noticed is that the surface looks like the boost�s ones,but its harder.
The sponge hardness is about tenergy lvl.
Now to the characteristics:
SPEED:Nianmor is definitely fast,slightly faster than tenergy 05.
SPIN:The spin is pretty much the same as tenergy,maybe a bit less but you wont notice the difference.
SERVICE:Goes easy and decent spin,same as tenergy.
Topspin-Topspin:One word:IMPRESSIVE,u will love this rubber if you are a rally player.
3rd Ball:Works really fine,fast and loaded with spin.
Service return:Really good,u have the touch and the spin behind you :)Flips work easy too.
Overall:I�m fully satisfied with this rubber,i�ll stick with it now for the next seasons i guess.It�s a very good rubber and in my opinion better than the tenergy series rubbers.But if you want that rubber you should be a decent player and u should have a good technique because only then this rubber reaches his potential.
If you have questions or you want specific informaions about the different stroke characteristics just ask.
I hope you enjoyed the review(was my first one)

Blade:BTY TBS
Forehand:Omega 4 Europe max
Backhand:Omega 4 Europe max
Sponsored Links

manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 2:59am
is it closer to T05 or T64?

why is it better than T05 for you? since you say that most charasteristics are similar

Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 3:47am
How does it work when blocking slow spinny topspins?

I heard that Joola Energy Extra is very weak in this area practically tha ball drops out of the rubber.

I hope the flight path of the ball is similar to T64.

What blade do you use it on?

manyaku88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manyaku88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 3:50am
his sig...

Blade:Korbel SK7
Forehand:Nianmor MAX
Backhand:Boost TC MAX
Blade: Bty BalsaCarbo X5 FL

FH Bty Tenergy 05 2.1

BH: Palio Aeolus 45* 2.2
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 4:27am
You're right, multumesc.
Talent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 5:08am
Originally posted by manyaku88 manyaku88 wrote:

is it closer to T05 or T64?

why is it better than T05 for you? since you say that most charasteristics are similar

Well it�s just personal preferences i guess,maybe it�s because of the weight,tenergy was really heavy.
And i�d say its closer to tenergy 05 but there im not that sure because i never really played tenergy 64,just borrowed sometimes from mates.

Talent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

How does it work when blocking slow spinny topspins?

I heard that Joola Energy Extra is very weak in this area practically tha ball drops out of the rubber.

I hope the flight path of the ball is similar to T64.

What blade do you use it on?

It�s good at blocking,but i loop slow spinny topspins and that workes pretty fine with nianmor.
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 6:55am
Again, tenergy as the benchmark. Thanks for the review tho. I do have in mind some non BTY setup. 
:: EJ level 1 ::
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 7:33am
excellent review, Talent.
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 10:46am
tibhar blew it, this came out wayyyy too late to compete directly to Tenergy. It's not like Tenergy is $65 anymore, you can usually find it under $50.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Talent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 11:56am
Nianmor is also under 50 $.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2009 at 2:57am
It's been a month and I'm wondering if anyone has updated review of Nianmor?  A lot of the other posts were based on early impressions.  Who's been using it now for a month or more and can share impressions?
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2009 at 7:10am
I gave up using Nianmor after 2-3 sessions. Needs too much work. I'm much more comfortable with Boost TX.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2009 at 12:05pm
What does "needs too much work" mean?  It's slow?  Or it means a change in your technique?

I played Boost TC a year ago and hated it.  I've been using Tenergy 05 this year and it works well, except when there is high humidity.  So I wanted to give Nianmor a try.
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2009 at 2:39pm
It's quite fast actually. But requires correct strokes, not a forgiving rubber for me. BTW it not spinny for slow loops or such. Any Tenergy will be easily spinnier. However countering is a joy with it.  
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2009 at 7:01pm
What is the sponge like? does it look like tenergies?
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2009 at 7:26pm
Smooth and white sponge, not porous like Tenergy.

Actually the rubber has a reverse dome when out of package, just like Coppa Speed.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2009 at 8:53pm
I played with Nianmor Black Max on my FH for two weeks.  My first impression was WOW!,  the spin and speed were awesome, but after two weeks, the spin is less and  it is harder to control.  I realy think this rubber is factory tuned, the package is sealed, it is domed in the package and out, also has a funny smell?
Good rubber, but I can't deal with the performance drop.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2009 at 6:23am
Hmm weird. Iv seen Genius sponge and it looks identical to Tenergy sponge but its yellow.  i thought maybe Nianmor would be the same but white.

Surely Nianmor cant be factory tuned..
Stiga Clipper
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2009 at 8:44am
2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2009 at 8:51am
chain_05
Thanks for the pics :D
That white sponge one is Nianmor im guessing? It looks like tenergy sponge also
Stiga Clipper
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2009 at 8:55am
No, Nianmor sponge is smooth like Bryce Speed, Mark V...
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2009 at 8:23am
So the Nianmor was not made to be like tenergy? the genius, baracuda, x-plode and hexer seem to have the same sponge so it seems like they r a direct challenge to tenergy.
Stiga Clipper
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 8:51am
I had a brief hit with a club mates nianmore.

Most importantly:

1. It said made in Japan on the topsheet
2. It was not as spinny or high throw as tenergy
3. It was faster in a quick way than tenergy 64
4 I think it felt lighter but hay he used a balsa blade.
5. It felt very good on the back hand but again hay it might have just been on that blade.

In conclusion I am still looking for my backhand rubber.

Can anyone compare this rubber to hexer or vega pro europe.

I will very soon settle either on t64 on my backhand for ever or if I can find a better rubber - lighter, easy to counter loop, not to spiny to receive serve and about $10 cheaper than tenergy I am in !
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 5:30pm
Sounds interesting to me as well, but the question is, does it play more like Tenergy or like Tensors? Is it bouncy like Tensors?

For the record, Hexer sponge isn't even close to the Tenergy sponge, at least not the one on T 05. Might look like it, but the T 05 sponge is hard and stiff, while the Hexer sponge feels softer and extremely lose. Almost felt like a OX LP in my hands.
The holy grail
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 6:15pm
I used Nianmor for two weeks. Outstanding perfomance when new, after that the tunning effect begin to go away..

I got bubbles in the end of second week.

It is faster than T05, Boost TC, Platin.. spinwise is similar to Boost TC, less than T05 and more than Platin. Throw angle is lower than T05 and TC. Similar to Platin.
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2010 at 9:32pm
You might want to consider Joola Express X-plode, It's a really great backhand rubber. Easy to open with flicks and topspins over the table and not too bouncy for touch shots. It plays well on most blades and it allows you to take all the shots with a very linear feel. It  feels soft but solid. It's the best backhand rubber that I have found and I have tried many of the Tensors and T64.  Just my 2 cents! Good luck.

Blade
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 3:23am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

do explain how and why... did u glue voc?
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 5:37am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Water based glue! This rubber comes factory tuned and a lot domed. Very fragile. If you have a level around 2300us rating you'll get bubbles that fast too.

My brother who is pro-player got bubbles every day with it. He has to use 1 pair for day. So he switch to Genius and this year he is not with Tibhar anymore.
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2010 at 9:13am

Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Water based glue! This rubber comes factory tuned and a lot domed. Very fragile. If you have a level around 2300us rating you'll get bubbles that fast too.

My brother who is pro-player got bubbles every day with it. He has to use 1 pair for day. So he switch to Genius and this year he is not with Tibhar anymore.

I guess you are kidding when you say that your brother used "one pair a day". I believe not even the best of pros would be able to kill any rubber that quick.
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic