Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS Neo Skyline TG3 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Neo Skyline TG3 Review
    Posted: 09/02/2009 at 8:02pm
here is what a short review of the Neo TG3. I got a sample from what adham sent the kids in my country. He sent me DHS items and I got to borrow one of the Neo TG3's glued on a stiga tube light blade.

rubber: Neo TG3 Black
thickness: 2.15mm
hardness: 40 degrees in on the label but its harder than the number but definitely softer then the old skyline
glue: rubber cement with lighter fluid

when i opened the vacuum sealed packaging it wasnt very smelly before i glued it to a kid's blade. the tackiness is only mild and the sponge was firm yet not too hard. i immediately tried doing fh to fh drills with it and i noticed it was a bit faster than what i have expected despite the off minus blade. i wasnt convinced so i removed it from the stiga tube light and temporarily glued it to my xiom aria which is a faster blade and then i could really feel the speed faster than my hurricane 2 or my blue whale 1 rubbers that i have used. the sound was also nice and there is a speed glue effect sound on it. the control is good and when i was looping iti was surpised even though it wasnt as tacky as the old skyline 3 the topsheet was very grippy to the point it felt like a tenergy 05 rubber but spinnier.. maybe tenergy 05 is a bit faster but tg3 neo has more control and is spinnier.. this rubber is good in above the table loops and also spin drives. this is definitely an offensive rubber with lots of gears. the throw angle is medium and is also greta for smashes. you need to adjust on the sensitivity to incoming spins a lil bit but its not an issue. serves are also very spinny and pushes are too. it sucks in chopping since the dwell time is less. its a bit heavy though not as heavy as the old hurricane 2 or skyline 3.

i'd give this rubber a 9 out of 10 for its performance
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2009 at 3:00pm
Nice review.
I think ttrubberman considered Neo TG3 the best compared with the rest of the Neo rubbers.

In case you used TG3 #21 (blue sponge), could you make a comparison between the two rubbers?

Rack View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2009 at 3:28pm
Thx for the review Yogi!  Awesome what you're accomplishing with those kids by the way! 
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2009 at 8:14pm
im only using the orange sponged neo TG3 even though they are commercial ones the quality that they have are comparable to provincial hurricanes and now i have a cheap subs to tenergy 05 hehehe

rack, yeah im hoping these kids will get better since they have the right equipment now.. ill post some vids of the kids doing training maybe next week.. there is this one particular 6 yr old girl that plays well that im trying to help by all means and she is the recipient of some equipments given by forum members here
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Thot Thot wrote:

Nice review.
I think ttrubberman considered Neo TG3 the best compared with the rest of the Neo rubbers.

In case you used TG3 #21 (blue sponge), could you make a comparison between the two rubbers?

how tg3#21 to you Thot?
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 9:55am
borrowed the TG3 again today and Im really inlove with this rubber.. i think im gonna order one. the black one is much better than the red one because it has more spin. 

Waldmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 10:01am
I found the most old TG3 ( non #21 ) way softer than the Hurricanes. How about the Neo TG3 compared to the old hurricanes?

"hardness: 40 degrees in on the label but its harder than the number but definitely softer then the old skyline"

Can t follow that, since 40 is pretty average Hurricane hardness. And the most old TG3 i saw were around 38 and felt much softer than Hs and TG2..?
P�����������������������h
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 10:26am
TG3 #21 is softer than commercial H3 (orange sponge) and also lighter.
In my opinion this rubber needs some kind of tuning, the speed glue didn't had effect on it. CGS said it's need DHS intensifier.
If you look at older posts from me you can find a short review for TG3.
The topsheet is good, but the sponge is not without tuning/boosting.
yogi_bear made me curious about Neo TG3, but I'll not pay more than 15-16$ for a Chinese rubber.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2009 at 10:34am
yes i tried to pinch the rubber again and its softer than the old skylines.. i checked the red neo hurricane 2 and compared it with my old black hurricane 2 and the neo hurricane 2 is softer

lovemagicworld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemagicworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 8:47am
which is better for chopping
H3 or TG3?

rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 9:10am
Originally posted by lovemagicworld lovemagicworld wrote:

H3 or TG3?

The topic was dead and buried. For bringing it back to life you just received...

THE GOLDEN SHOVEL PRIZE
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
Winterhearted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Winterhearted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by rpbnakata rpbnakata wrote:

Originally posted by lovemagicworld lovemagicworld wrote:

H3 or TG3?

The topic was dead and buried. For bringing it back to life you just received...

THE GOLDEN SHOVEL PRIZE
Necroposting as art. Only on mytabletennis.net. Stay tuned! Smile

"which is better for chopping
H3 or TG3?"
- H3 is better for chopping

Edited by Winterhearted - 11/10/2011 at 9:44am
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC CPen
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09c
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 10:55am
service and chop .. h3 neo is better.. imo :)
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 11:00am
perhaps a thank you is more appropriate since the forum member used the search function rather than starting a new topic which is so often chastised
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 11:08am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

perhaps a thank you is more appropriate since the forum member used the search function rather than starting a new topic which is so often chastised

+1
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2011 at 7:42pm
Come on guys, rpbnakata made a joke, which the Winterhearted continued. I laughed a lot when i saw "The Golden Shovel" award with the picture! Very nice for making such a joke, if you thought of it your own. No bad feelings meant in my point of view.
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 3:07am

Some people take things too serious... My bad if someone felt offended. No jokes anymore from now on.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 3:41am
Originally posted by rpbnakata rpbnakata wrote:

Some people take things too serious... My bad if someone felt offended. No jokes anymore from now on.

now maybe you should get the butthurt award
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 4:34am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

now maybe you should get the butthurt award
Don´t know exactly what you´re meaning with this expression, but I don´t care anyway. I prefer to have a good sense of humor instead of posing as a moralist in a cool place that a TT forum should be.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 4:43am
Never heard of "butthurt"? It's actually considered a very funny term. *edited to remove the link I provided, you guys can look up the term if you like
I have one of the best senses of humor I know of Wink. Perhaps you took my posts too seriously. I said it as more of a passing comment as food for thought. So many relatively new forum members are always getting "friendly reminders" to spare us from new threads and told instead to use the search function. When someone finally does... we make fun of him? I did think it was poor taste but I didn't take it so serious that I thought anyone should get butthurt about it.

Alas, I'm getting a laugh out of this thread after all.

Edited by the_theologian - 11/11/2011 at 4:46am
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 7:08am
That will go on forever...

If you revive an old topic suitable for your question, they call you a necroposter. But if you start a new topic for your single question, the same persons accuse you of flooding the forum. 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 7:31am
Actually, thanks for bringing this thread back.

TG3 Neo gets overshadowed by H3 Neo all to often, in spite of the fact that it is a very capable rubber.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 8:03am
I'm certainly temtped to try TG3 Neo as a forehand rubber... the only problem is, I want to give a chance to sponges under 2.0mm for a while

Edited by the_theologian - 11/11/2011 at 8:06am
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 10:25am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Actually, thanks for bringing this thread back.

TG3 Neo gets overshadowed by H3 Neo all to often, in spite of the fact that it is a very capable rubber.
They are rather easy to switch over imo.. While some of my friend had done so and some still prefer H3 neo Tongue
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 10:45am
I've actually been doing some long term testing between the DHS rubbers so I can fully understand the differences between them rather than just the casual differences you notice short term. They are like four hot sisters but all a little different, all have something the other doesn't, well ok maybe H2 is a bit more the adopted East German sisterBeer. Right now I'm thinking TG3 is pretty special, I'll chuck a review up once I've played it for a couple of months and completely understand how it likes to play. Icontek since you are expert on H3 have you played with TG3 enough to give some comparison?. I don't recall H3 being as good as TG3 but I might revisit H3 just to be sure
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 11:31am
If it is possible, i would like a comparison with TG2 Neo please.
davidz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Stoi Stoi wrote:

If it is possible, i would like a comparison with TG2 Neo please.

(NEO) TG2 is the best rubber for close table playing for penholder. It has more spin than H3 and TG3. The sponge is much harder than H3 and TG3. Rubber tuning works well on TG2.  

TG3 has better looping capacity than H3. H3 is a more balanced rubber. All these rubbers fits wood blade better.  Lots of playes use H3, and some use TG3. Only a few players use TG2.

PG7 (Skyline 2, LKT XP)
YEO (Skyline 2, Skyline 3)
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

I've actually been doing some long term testing between the DHS rubbers so I can fully understand the differences between them rather than just the casual differences you notice short term. They are like four hot sisters but all a little different, all have something the other doesn't, well ok maybe H2 is a bit more the adopted East German sisterBeer. Right now I'm thinking TG3 is pretty special, I'll chuck a review up once I've played it for a couple of months and completely understand how it likes to play. Icontek since you are expert on H3 have you played with TG3 enough to give some comparison?. I don't recall H3 being as good as TG3 but I might revisit H3 just to be sure

Lol as if I am an H3 expert. Just a US1200 scrub who likes what the prott.cc's H3 38degree Neo Provincial does for his game (without tuning).

I feel like it's a utility rubber; very good close to table, service, third ball, serve return, FH push, the occasional chop... And while it's kind of crappy for flat smashes (you have to work hard), at least the trajectory is consistently deep to the endline/blockers bellies. But it's strangely good at counterhitting with a "convex" stroke (sorry sid, you were right about something). I also feel that it is good for controlled but active blocking and of incoming loops. It excels at producing spin variation, which gives the opponents slightly above my level a problem.

The only TG3 I tried was blue sponged and boosted, so definitely not a fair comparison (the tune job I did made it noticeably better than my H3NP, but it was crappy before the tune and after the tune wore off).

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2011 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

The only TG3 I tried was blue sponged and boosted, so definitely not a fair comparison (the tune job I did made it noticeably better than my H3NP, but it was crappy before the tune and after the tune wore off).

Actually i like it post tuned Embarrassed The harder sponge after a month on the blade is firmer and easy to grip balls and shots.. I have used it for 1 whole year so far.. H3 BLue sponge for the past 2 years.. easy to transit through.. Tongue
tt_maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt_maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2011 at 12:59am
I have use TG3Neo, then H3Neo then TG3BluSponge in that sequence. Favorite is currently TG3-N. I agree with bluebucket that that they are all hot sisters. (TG3-BS is probably the second cousin from Russia- needs boosters)  And yes TG3-N is better at loops and smashes , H3-N better at counters(speed). Pushes goes to TG3(easier to control spin and depth)  and blocks go to H3(more penetration). Mind you I just put on H3 3 mths ago and TG3-BS 1 mth ago but used TG3-N for 1 yr. so its very subjective. 2cents please.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic