FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ovtcharov Serve

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
delfam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ovtcharov Serve
    Posted: 09/08/2009 at 8:48pm
I've been trying to learn Dmitri Ovtcharov's tomahawk serve, but I'm having trouble.
When he hits it, it goes right to left but I just don't see how that's possible how he hits it. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong as I can't get an up close on contact.

Can anyone help me on how to hit this serve?
Sponsored Links

Glenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 11:19pm
Whats the trouble you are having? Im assuming that you dun hit it right to left. Its pretty simple, start with blade 180degrees up. as u approach the ball, the blade goes to maybe 45degrees from vertical, and u impart some sidespin for it to move from right to left. To serve spinless balls just hit it from right to left instead of spinning it. Like a gentle "tap". Its harder to serve top spin, you have to have a very steep angle for that. close to vertical when hitting the ball at least.

As you do all these in one smooth action, it will look pretty much the same. At least thats how i do it!
whirlwind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whirlwind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2009 at 11:42pm
classic serve! Big%20smile
delfam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 5:48am
my ball either goes straight or goes from left to right. I try hitting it on the right side but it still doesn't work.
How is the follow through?
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 7:43am
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2009 at 10:51pm
You're doing something really wrong if it's going from left to right (assuming you're a right-hander).

You should be hitting with the forehand side of your racket, with the tip starting pointing up. Unless you're using the backside of the racket it should only curve left, not right.

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic