FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dawei Saviga V VS Tibhar Grass

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dawei Saviga V VS Tibhar Grass
    Posted: 10/15/2009 at 8:02pm
Hey guys,

I've been playing with 755 pips for a long while now (4 months I think...) and I've realised that it really only produces no-spin and low backspin balls when topspin is hit against it. I also can't seem to put sidespin on it when I do those chopblocks.

I'm now looking for a long pimple with more spin variation and possibly more spin reversal (and deception). I was wondering if the Saviga V would do this better or the Tibhar Grass or any other long pimple. I used Grass and it was more deceptive than the 755 but it's really expensive! AUD$50 a sheet for the OX.

Thanks in advance!
TotoroLOL
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
Sponsored Links

Totoro View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Totoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2009 at 1:13am
Bump...
I'm 15

Clipper Wood
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 PROVINCIAL 2.15mm 38 degrees
BH: Palio CK531A OX

CPen Looper with LP twiddling, blocking hitting and LP RPB
ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2009 at 2:16am
I found Saviga to be atrociously uncontrollable.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2009 at 11:19am
How so?  Too spinny? Not spinny enough? Too fast?  What are you used to using?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
ianworz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianworz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2009 at 12:48pm
Let me preface this by saying that I'm definitely not a pips expert, so my opinion is of less value than a full time LP player.

I play with Curl P-2 OX, when I do play pips.

I've played with other rubbers from the curl series, a few of the Feint sheets, and a few chinese LP's like 755 etc.

I think most of the pips I've played with are a lot more control oriented than Saviga. That may explain my frustration with it.

I bought a sheet of it and put it on a willow blade (slow wood) and I just couldn't seem to keep the damn ball on the table. I'm sure in the right hands it's very deceptive and useful, but I couldn't seem to get the hang of it. It did seem a bit fast (which boggles me since it was an OX sheet on a willow blade) but I believe I read that there is something particular about the rubber they use for these pips (also, it has a funny gloss to it).
I've hit with grass a few times and it seemed a bit easier, but if you have the pip skills I'm sure you could make good use of saviga.
Worz Beat Stick
WBS Takehaya
FH: H3 No. 21
BH:Spectol
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2009 at 12:52pm

Ok, makes sense.  It's probably harder and faster than what you're used to. I was just curious.  It's not a chopping pip at all.  It's supposed to be a pretty offensive lp.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic