Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubbers for BTY Petr Korbel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubbers for BTY Petr Korbel
    Posted: 10/25/2009 at 1:43am
Well, i decided to get the BTY Petr Korbel ST handle but im still kinda confused about the rubbers...

need help with fh/bh rubbers.. 
so here are some choices i came up with that might be suited for me...
little about me, i recently switched to SH from CPEN, because i felt that i would improve better and faster with SH. I dont consider myself a beginner anymore. Maybe Beg/Intermediate player since i know most of the basics and etc. Im a bh oriented player with allround/offensive style,  tall (6'3), not very fast, trying to develop a good Shakehand game.

any suggestions about these rubber combos, please feel free to post.

FH: Sriver 2.1
       729-08 2.2
       729 Cream Transcend 2.2

BH: Sriver EL 2.1
       Joola Energy Xtra 2.0
       Yasaka Xtend HS 2.0

*updated

Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

LoopingAddict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoopingAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2009 at 5:18am
Use Stiga Offensive CR with 39deg black neo on FH andT64 or T05 on the BH.
Butterfly Cutlass
Tenergy 05 2.1mm
TSP Curl P1-R 0.5mm
johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2009 at 7:52am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Can somone tell me what might be the advantages or dissadvantages of using FL/ST handles or is it just pure preference. Also need some advice on the blade/rubber combo would be suitable for me. Any other advices are welcomed. TIA

I have used flare handles and now straight. It is said that he Fl is better for the forehand strokes and St handle is better for people who change their grips for different strokes. St also helps at serves...

Stiga Offensive Classic or Petr Korbel are good blades to buy and they will help you to improve. Of course if you like your Primorac, maybe you should buy one in shakehand version...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
Talent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2009 at 8:04am
go with primorac off-,you can use it as a beginner and even semi pros use it so you can keep it for ever.
also, whats your level of play?i have the feeling that tenergy might be too fast for you.
sriver is always the right way to go for developing the technique.
and i also think that your forehand problem isnt because of the grip,its because of your technique,get a coach and he shall tell you whats wrong

Blade:BTY TBS
Forehand:Omega 4 Europe max
Backhand:Omega 4 Europe max
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2009 at 10:20am
here is your contact fot straight handle design,petr korbel by btw:
graeztch
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2009 at 12:26pm
Get an affordable blade  Try the Galaxy range that way if you want to change to a different handle blade ,it wont cost you much
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2009 at 1:16pm
try KORBEL...
really good blade...
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2009 at 8:42pm
idk about stiga blades.. so im kinda leaning towards Korbel and TBS staight handle....
korbel blade is a good beg/interm blade also and im planning to use t64 1.9 on the backhand.....

im thinking about the tbs too.. idk if its going to be a good investment since the blade has a good speed and control ratio. the thing is as a beginner/interm player i know if i get a blade such as korbel and play with it for a while i would expect to upgrade to something different. to save money in the long run would it be more effiencient to get the tbs now?
Main:

Chopper:

robjkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robjkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2009 at 10:17pm

You're gonna have a tough time finding a Japanese Korbel ST in the US.  I bought one from butterflyaustralia.com.  I may be interested in selling it. 

If I were you I would probaby go with a blade you plan on sticking with for a while.  I've played with a TBS and tenergy and it felt really good.  But the TBS felt a little stiff.  From the reviews on here I would go for the Timo Boll ALC.  It supposidly has a little more flex than the TBS making it better for looping.  Another option is the Maze.  It feels better than the TBS for looping.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 1:24am
Here in japan still got plenty of Korbel ST.
If you interested maybe i can help buy it for you from japan.
I myself got 5 blades of Korbel,1AN,1ST,1FL and 1CO.
Other one is new ST.All are made in japan.
Only FL and new ST are silver plate at the bottom,others are with black logo metal.
Even if you buy it,i think you can use it for long time without upgrade it.
Really good blade with good speed and control.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 3:03am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

Only FL and new ST are silver plate at the bottom,others are with black logo metal.
hmm perfect =]
ive heard the bty blades from europe are not that good of a quality as the japanese bty blades.
also ofcourse new. thats why im not looking to buy from ppl on the forums.

if anyone can help get me a korbel st from japan that would be wonderful.
Main:

Chopper:

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 3:13am
i vote tbs st handle
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 3:36am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

hmm perfect =]
ive heard the bty blades from europe are not that good of a quality as the japanese bty blades.
also ofcourse new. thats why im not looking to buy from ppl on the forums.

ive looked at the japanese bty website and they didnt have a st korbel.. ive also looked at some websites such as dandoysports and teesports.. but im not sure how trusted they can be. ive heard some issues with dandoy.

if anyone can help get me a korbel st from japan that would be wonderful.
Main:

Chopper:

tt lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 6:28am
hello friends i m from india..
and i want some suggesstions .....
i cant play the matches according to my practise...having a problem in receving ???
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 6:38am
@tt lover
welcome to the forum.
glad to know new member.
but please start new topic under coaching and tips like this link below.
with this,surely more members will help you.
hope this help.
thanks.
tt lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 8:05am
yes offcourse..thanx
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 3:03pm
mizutani_jun
ur inbox is full.
Main:

Chopper:

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2009 at 4:18pm
Cleared...
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2009 at 1:38am
hmm
thinking about the follow setup.

BTY Korbel ST
FH 729 - 08 2.15    or    729 - Cream Transcend 2.15
BH Tenergy 64 2.1      or    Yasaka Xtend HS 2.0
(maybe different thickness)

Main:

Chopper:

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2009 at 3:57am

since im kidna new to Shakehand, tenergy 64 might not be a such of a good idea as a bh rubber.. anyone can suggest a good sh rubber for bh unglued. ive used t64 and it is really nice for blocking and attacking. idk if i should start of with it on sh, because im concernd with improvement more.

read about dawei inspirit and iqul. sriver el and fx... etc
Main:

Chopper:

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2009 at 7:58pm

need help with fh/bh rubber for korbel ST.. 

so here are some choices i came up with that might be suited for me... any suggestions about these rubber combos, please feel free to post.

FH: Sriver 2.1
       729-08 2.2
       729 Cream Transcend 2.2

BH: Sriver EL 2.1
       Joola Energy Xtra 2.0
       Yasaka Xtend HS 2.0

Main:

Chopper:

Team_Vietnam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2009 at 11:56pm
Korbel is really not all the faster then you're current Primorac, maybe just a tad faster (It's on the lower side of OFF).

I would recommend some kind of Sriver for both FH and BH (I personally prefer the EL on the BH) if you have more of a Euro stroke.

If you have a chinese stroke, then I would say any tacky rubber would be fine, I would keep something like Sriver EL on the backhand.

If you are not yet decided on Euro vs. Chinese, Srivers both sides is the way to go, it's a safe bet and you can't go wrong.

If you feel like you are advanced enough, I would tell you to maybe get your FH in Max thickness or get a rubber faster than Sriver. (Because water-glued Sriver is not all that fast, especially on a Korbel). But since you are just going back to Shakehand, maybe control is more important, it's you're choice.

Hope that helps.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Team_Vietnam Team_Vietnam wrote:

Korbel is really not all the faster then you're current Primorac, maybe just a tad faster (It's on the lower side of OFF).

I would recommend some kind of Sriver for both FH and BH (I personally prefer the EL on the BH) if you have more of a Euro stroke.

If you have a chinese stroke, then I would say any tacky rubber would be fine, I would keep something like Sriver EL on the backhand.

If you are not yet decided on Euro vs. Chinese, Srivers both sides is the way to go, it's a safe bet and you can't go wrong.

If you feel like you are advanced enough, I would tell you to maybe get your FH in Max thickness or get a rubber faster than Sriver. (Because water-glued Sriver is not all that fast, especially on a Korbel). But since you are just going back to Shakehand, maybe control is more important, it's you're choice.

Hope that helps.

well i know its not alot faster than primo.. thats why i dont want to go over OFF section. its just my primo is a cpen. and i heard korbel is a good blade, just a bit better and faster. ive been told a chinese (medium hard) rubber woudl be better for FH in order to learn the proper form. thats why i was thinking of gettig 729-08 fh and sriver El on bh 2.2/2.1 respectfully. I want to experiment on my fh with 15$under rubbers in order to find something that i like and to learn the proper form.
Ive been told alot though to get a euro/jap on bh because its the most reliable. right now im leaning alot towards 729-08/ Sriver El combo 2.2/2.1... ive tried my friends 08 on a primorac and it felt very different from euro rubbers. Im afraid though of the thickness of the sponge. I wish it came in like 2.1 or 2.0.
Main:

Chopper:

rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 1:38am
i used to use korbel with EL both sides.. it was a great combo...
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover
mf_fish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mf_fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 2:04am
Originally posted by rokphish rokphish wrote:

i used to use korbel with EL both sides.. it was a great combo...

i've also used this, great combo imo
Team_Vietnam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team_Vietnam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 3:24am
If you want to try less expensive Chinese rubbers, by all means try them. I personally don't think equipment combinations are going to really help or hinder your form provided that you use something reasonable (not too fast or too slow). Both Euro and Chinese rubbers will help your form, with Chinese sometimes it is more difficult and you'll mis-hit (probably due to quality control issues). With that said, I wouldn't worry to much with the rubber thickness, I think you'll be fine with 2.2/2.1. Have fun with your new combo.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon FL
Tibhar Genius 2.0
Stiga Boost TX 2.0

saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 4:05am
Korbel + 729-08 fh+ Sriver El bh will be excellent. GO for it.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 5:06am

Sriver EL works well on both wings on the Petr Korbel, for someone developing their game.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you get another Primorac or another blade with a 157 mm x 150 mm blade face, with a shakehand grip?

The blade face of the Primorac is slightly smaller than the 158 mm x 152 mm blade face of your new Petr Korbel, so effectively you can't transfer your Tenergies onto it, whereas you could have transfered them onto to a new Primorac or a blade with a 157 x 150 blade face.

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 5:25am

t64 has a tear in the top closer to the middle area and is kinda banged up.

t05 is precut for a cpen blade.
Main:

Chopper:

hungry cow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungry cow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 3:07pm
As an intermediate player myself I can give you the advice not to get a Timo Boll Spirit as an upgrade.  I did the same thing you are thinking about going from a 5 ply wood blade to a faster more "advanced" setup.  I went to a 7 ply wood blade, then a M.Maze (similar to TBS).  But now that I have improved more I have realized that 5 ply wood is better for me in every aspect of the game and I have changed back, and gone to a slower rubber in Desto F3.  With a fast carbon blade you lose the dwell time and spin of a 5 ply wood blade.  It makes all looping shots much more diffacult and they have less feel.  And when you are looping properly with the entire body you still have tons of power with a slower setup but with much more spin and control.  It is almost like with a 5 ply setup you are holding on to the ball and throwing it where you want in comparison to a fast carbon setup where the ball instantly shoots off before you can get spin and control on it. 

As for rubbers for a Korbel I had one once and it felt head heavy and out of balance without light rubbers.  I would suggest Desto F3 as it is very light and very high control.  It is about the speed of a Sriver or Mark V but lighter and softer and I personally think it is easier to play with.  You can't go wrong with Sriver or Sriver EL either.  Just make sure to get 1.9mm.  I wouldn't go with anything thicker than 2.0 if you are not an advanced player.

Also don't get Tenergy as a beginner/intermediate player.  I also made this mistake.  It is deceiving in that when you are in control and have an easy shot and hit it right it out performs anything else you can try and feels amazing.  But it makes touch shots much harder and hinders your overall game while trying to improve.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic