FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubbers for BTY Petr Korbel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2009 at 4:07pm
hmmm thanx for the advice...
i think i might go with 729-08 and Sriver El combo..
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2009 at 2:59am
I have a friend with a Korbl and Tibhar Nimbus on both sides.  That paddle has impressed me every time I've tested it.
mf_fish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mf_fish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2009 at 4:35am
has anyone tried t05 or gambler outlaw on the korbel?
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2009 at 9:40am
I've tried Tenergy 05 on the the Petr Korbel for 15 minutes and felt I could get used to it, very quickly and be happy using.

I had to make a slight adjustment to blade face angle, for backhand looping, but that only took 5 or 6 loops before I started landing backhand loops consistently. 

I've also had 2.2mm Outlaw on my Petr Korbel recently and I didn't have any problems playing my normal range of shots on the forehand.

However I prefer Wraith on the backhand, as I've had 2.2mm Outlaw on the forehand and 2.2mm Wraith on the backhand of my Samsonov Alpha, for over two months and it's a combination that works for me on the Persson Powerplay Senso V1, as well.
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2009 at 1:22pm
Korbel + T64 (1.9mm in my case) = Too fast, very head heavy, very demanding in term of consistency and accuracy in power control and angle setup for a snail slow, developing player, like me. LOL.

Though I would recommend this formidable setup to any beginner who got the whole one year or more, 4-6 hours a day, every day, every week and every month of commitment in training; has more than one coach and obsessed TT partners.
:: EJ level 1 ::
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2009 at 5:07pm
yeah i played with t05/t64 on primo cpen. that blade was deff head heavy. but im not planning on getting tenergy on my new korbel
729-08 and sriver el for now.
Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2009 at 11:53pm
Korbel is a fantastic blade - medium in blade characteristics (feel, flex etc), its a versatile blade suitable to a wide range of TT playstyles. For example I use it for modern defense (like Gionis).

Ive used Sriver on the Korbel and I found the combination to be boring. Sriver is a do-everything rubber and the Korbel is a do-everything blade....combine them together and it makes a great all round combo but thats about it. Ive used Galaxy Venus on it which I thought was very decent, but what blew me away is H3 Neo (39 degrees) on it. The H3 eccentuates the qualities in the Korbel and I like the fact that its feel makes shots "predictable" in the sense that I can feel each ball as it sinks into the blade. Korbel is such an underrated blade... I will never sell my 2 Korbels (both from Japan).
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 1:37am
How does the Korbel blade compare to a Jonyer Hinoki blade?

Looks like the Korbel may become a classic as well.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 2:07am

this topic is useful as u all can see that so many ppl have been dropping by here to "contribute". PKorbel is a classic blade n will be hopefully discontinued IMHO 1 day Big%20smile. My main/beloved blade has always been my PK-An. eventho' I'm these days being sidetracked by that H-3-9 ST n bunch of other sweet Jpens. It's not overly offensive blade n yet it has the kinda control/feedback/feel n also flex I long for n love n to me it's so "confidence-inducing". I found that b4 the glue ban, it jived well w/Sriver L/EL or Bryce and also went along well w/DHS G666 n G555 long time ago. I'll never sell my old model PK-An n will hang on to it until I.....ermm....u know what I mean.

I may try it w/those couple of Gambler new rbrs in the future. Any1 has 1 or 2 sheets of that Wraith or Outlaw for me to try? Big%20smile
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 9:31am
nice to know that most ppl like their PKs. i hope ill be satisfied with it also.
i think korbel already became a classic since it is similar to bty primorac and stiga oc. chinese nat. team starts their young with stiga oc crs, and ive heard somewhere that korean nat. teams starts off with PKs.
but yeah ive decided to get it in ST with 729-08 2.2 on fh. i tried this rubber on my friends primorac which is very similar to PK, just a tad slower. And on BH will be Sriver EL most likely.
after my fh gets better, and my whole game in general. i might put something like dhs neo on it. buts thats later on
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 7:43pm
I've been playing PK with tenergy 05, Sriver EL, Yasaka xtend HS, Sonex JP gold, Boost TC, Joola express one, Nimbus and Sinus Alpha. The one which fits my taste is Sinus Alpha. Very low throw counterbalance soft high throw PK tendances. Good combo !
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

I've been playing PK with tenergy 05, Sriver EL, Yasaka xtend HS, Sonex JP gold, Boost TC, Joola express one, Nimbus and Sinus Alpha. The one which fits my taste is Sinus Alpha. Very low throw counterbalance soft high throw PK tendances. Good combo !

what do u think of Sriver EL, Yasaka Xtend HS 2.0 on backhand?
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2009 at 1:19am
t05 maybe
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2009 at 6:12pm
t05/t64 would be great but prolly heavy. plus i watn to improve so imma try 729-08. but if your an advanced player im pretty sure tenergy plus korbel would make a lethal combo.
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 1:03am
My two cent: Korbel needs hard rubbers. But beware of getting dead chinese rubbers. It will limit your gameplay.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 1:10am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

t05/t64 would be great but prolly heavy.

Red Mars 2 and black Moon are just perfect. Esp. when your Korbel is 75 gr. Wink
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 1:22am
Where did you find your 75g korbel?
All my korbel`s weight is 85~100g.
Too hard to find the light one.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 2:45am
Only in Europe.

What is more, the head is 159 mm.

Edited by Imago - 06/21/2011 at 2:49am
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 4:27am
blades are light obviously due to hollow handle, which leads to head heaviness. I use 76 gr korbel with 2x rakza 7. Head heavy so I attached 4 gr of weight to handle. Not bad combo.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 12:27pm
Korbel is one of the blades that can match well with lots of different rubbers; from Chinese to Euro or Jap rubbers.  Besides the head heavy issue, I personally think T05 matches well with the blade.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 2:04pm
The usual Korbel St is a heavy blade. It is too hard to use with heavy rubber in fast exchange.

My Korbel is rather stiff and has a low throw. I agree with the person who recommended hard rubber. Moon 39' created great spin and arc on the Korbel - i can highly recommend it. Srivex FX was not spinny, and in general all soft rubbers were much less spinier than on my other blades.

A surprising discovery for me was the Chinese G888 on the backhand of the corbel. It would bite and throw up even the hardest backspin. Also it was super easy to control direction and to stop-block by dropping it barely over the net. But it was heavy.

I am thinking of grinding the head of my Korbel like 2mm on the outside and shorten the handle which is too long anyway. I need to shave like 7-8 gr to get it to where I like it.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 4:20pm
My Korbel ST is not only heavier (89), it is also smaller (152x156). And the handle is like a pencil.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

My Korbel ST is not only heavier (89), it is also smaller (152x156). And the handle is like a pencil.

So this is the euro version right?
I bought this blade 2,3 years ago.
Korbel AN euro version for just 80g.
No wonder others weight the same.
But i live here in Japan,i just can find made in Japan Korbel.
Most of this Korbel weight 85~100g.
shakepender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakepender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 1:03am
Has anyone tried Korbel with TG3 Neo? If so, what is that like?
Viscaria : Omg IV Pro / Omg IV Euro

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 1:14am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

One of the first, with black plastic logo.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 2:15am

Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

One of the first, with black plastic logo.

Have you played with Japan version?
Any difference?
I bought before but never played with euro version.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 2:36am
Yes, I had one with metal logo. It was 91 gr, the sound was quarter a # higher, it felt more tight and faster.
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 3:46am
i have my old peter korbel metal logo 90 grams, bought it 5 years ago.  My friend bought his korbel 2 months ago from pingpongonline.com, it was 78 grams, still has the metal logo on it. maybe the newer batch of PK blades are lighter.   

Edited by mikepong - 06/22/2011 at 3:50am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 3:49am
I mean the black metal butterfly logo, not the silver one.
mikepong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikepong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 4:03am

I mean the black metal butterfly logo, not the silver one.

yes the 1 that my friend bought has the silver metal logo on it, the 1 that i have has the black metal logo on it. i was intrigued so i borrowed it for 3 days, we have the same set up H3 neo on FH and xiom vega europe on BH, the heavier PK was a notch faster and feels more solid although you can feel vibrations on both blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic