Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Nianmor and Genius Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
murrayblhrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murrayblhrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Nianmor and Genius Review
    Posted: 10/29/2009 at 11:10pm
I am now using Nianmor(R) on backhand and Genius(B) on forehand and I can finally honestly say that my fiddling for a post glue generation setup is finished. I have found the performance to weight ratio I have been looking for.

I am using Tenergy 05 as my benchmark for comparison as I have used it for some time and the knowledge of which is generally common.

The Nianmor is the best backhand rubber of the post glue generation. Not only is the speed faster than 05 or the Boost series, but the best part is the control. Coming from playing 05 on my backhand, I too thought anything faster would be crazy, but the level of control gained allows the speed at a much greater consistancy. It also allows the one shot T05 rarely allows, a consistant punch. It is light and precise with its spin, very fast, but controlled and with a more classic feeling short game, again unlike that of 05.

The Genius will not be for everyone, I am finding it ideal in several regaurds.  It is slightly softer and noticeable slower than 05, but these are offset by the increase in control and lighter weight. The feeling will be best described as a hybrid rubber that allows the spinny shots of T05 away from the table, allows the "at the table" control shots of an unglued Sriver, and a rubber that allows the "off the bounce" Timo Boll esq topspin putaways as a soft 4th generation ESN rubber. Basically its everything you liked about Tenergy, but without everything you disliked about Tenergy.

Post glue ban I went from be being displeased initially with the high weight and low control of duel 05s to being displeased with the low spin to speed of Boost/ESNs, to finally compromising again with 05s. I did so again because I believed the perfomance warrented the high weight, but in hindsight this was foolish of me.

I was and am using a Waldner Senso Carbon V1 if wondering.
Sponsored Links

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2009 at 11:23pm
I wonder if it suites RPB better than T05..
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2009 at 11:55pm
Murray, you sound like me a bit.

I had lots of issues with the high weight - (why im hanging for the fx version)

Im still waiting for someone in Brisbane to give a try of one of these better than t05 rubbers.  I dont believe they will produce as much spin until I try them - not buy them.

recently I havent had weight issues with the double t05 setup - I think I spent lots of time hitting more compact strokes while my shoulder was injured and have only recently started going the wild Kreanga again. 

When I mix up my strokes - half short position orientated and half - big spin or speed orientated the weight doesnt seem to be an issue anymore.

I still know my blade is too heavy - especially wristy movements like serve snapping and flicking,

keep cool fx is coming
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 4:01am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Im still waiting for someone in Brisbane to give a try of one of these better than t05 rubbers.� I dont believe they will produce as much spin until I try them - not buy them.

cheap bas****
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Ndragon88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ndragon88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 6:27am
murrayblhrc
Im interested to know ur comparison on Nianmor and Genius. I have played with Genius and i feel it is an absolutely amazing rubber and i will be getting it soon. For the BH however im not completely sure. What is the arc like on Nianmor comparing with Genius, and also the margin for error

thanks
Stiga Clipper
Skyline TG3 NEO/Palio Thors
www.youtube.com/ndragon88
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 8:31am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

Im still waiting for someone in Brisbane to give a try of one of these better than t05 rubbers.  I dont believe they will produce as much spin until I try them - not buy them.

cheap bas****

im so cheap ive got a suitcase of rubbers for sale - I just sold my t25 for a third of the price I bought it for after a couple of weeks of play.  not bad to recoup some of the loss.  I actually started getting into the t25 on my timo boll zl -

tonight played with the zl and started falling in love and then tried my ishlion again - and just felt how could be so stupid.  using the ishlion after anything else just feels like breathing fresh air again.

zl expensive ishlion expensive tenergy expensive

debraj, I know your joking but im biggest waster of money sometimes.

I started buying and selling stuff to cover my expensive choices.CryDead
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
murrayblhrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murrayblhrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Ndragon88 Ndragon88 wrote:

murrayblhrc
Im interested to know ur comparison on Nianmor and Genius. I have played with Genius and i feel it is an absolutely amazing rubber and i will be getting it soon. For the BH however im not completely sure. What is the arc like on Nianmor comparing with Genius, and also the margin for error

thanks

I find the throw angles quite similar, but only when considering the stroke angle applied. The Nianmor is quite a bit faster than the Genius. Because of this, you can take a large, fast swing and produce a mid high fast spinny ball. The same large fast swing attempted with Genius will produces a similarly high throw ball, but slower and with more spin.

With Nianmor it's more the speed allowing the ball to rise and fall while with Genius the spin factors the rise and fall of the ball.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2009 at 2:54pm

debraj, I know your joking but im biggest waster of money sometimes.

I started buying and selling stuff to cover my expensive choices.CryDead

as if i didn't know.!!!!

you are speaking with one of your sort. i don have suitcase full too... and the obsession reached a level where i had been upset if i didn't buy couple of sheets or a blade any week.

but now i definitely see i am wrapping up... now i have very few choices...

photino, the blade, hexer or tenergy 05 max the FH, hexer or possibly, may be, could be , not so sure, but definitely hexer for BH and sticking to it for improvement.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic