Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

petermoo reviews Andro Hexer (sort of)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 3:52am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

Yea I think Hexer because it is softer and lower throw will suit a softer blade - but I think the already lower amount of speed will be problematic for people who like to win points away from the table.

Boz, I can assure you that Hexer prefers a stiffer/faster blade to perform at its best.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Sponsored Links

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 5:10am

[/QUOTE]

Hexer is like a watered down tenergy 64.  I shouldn't even compare Hexer to tenergy 05 anymore. 

[/QUOTE]

Agree
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
snappyloko View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snappyloko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 7:09am
@Petermoo
what do you like most? tenergy, hexer, or donic baracuda?
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 7:20am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

boz... not just you i feel the same when moving from tenergy to hexer... and same again while changing from hexer to tenergy....likewise.

Don't comment after 5 hours... at least 2-3 weeks as i had mentioned. after that
- if you don't have problems in looping with tenergy,
- if you don't feel tenergy (05) is speed deficient in away from table loops;
i would seriously question my capability to review a rubber.

but 2-3 weeks at least to mold your game to a higher hold time rubber... requiring different hand speed and stroke.
sorry Debraj I think I'm missing what you are refering to.

feel the same way about what exactly when changing backwards forwards?

And what do you mean don't comment after 5 hours?
Are you talking about an inability to give a review of Hexer after using it for that long?

What do you mean about seriously questioning my capability to review if I don't have problems with tenergy?

Today was my third day with the Hexer and my feelings about it have barely changed from the first 5 minutes of using it.

Yes I did start to adjust to the lack of surface grip, but all the opponents that I played which are all people I have played for the last 5 years said the same thing and confirmed the same thing I felt in the rubber.

They very easily get the ball back and from my end the window of what you can attack is much much smaller.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 7:26am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Yea I think Hexer because it is softer and lower throw will suit a softer blade - but I think the already lower amount of speed will be problematic for people who like to win points away from the table.

Boz, I can assure you that Hexer prefers a stiffer/faster blade to perform at its best.
Thanks Rob, I know that it would be too slow on a slower blade but every time I get a softer rubber it feels better on a softer blade.

I will be taking the Hexer of my ishlion before I play next time and put it on my timo boll zlf which seems to never find anything that will suit me...

Hope it will play well on it,

I think the Hexer review will be closed after that for me, I don't need more than 20 hours to know a rubber just doesn't play the way that suits me.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 10:00am

Yes I did start to adjust to the lack of surface grip, but all the opponents that I played which are all people I have played for the last 5 years said the same thing and confirmed the same thing I felt in the rubber.

They very easily get the ball back and from my end the window of what you can attack is much much smaller.

I've often seen comments like this when people try to praise a rubber or disclaim a rubber, but my question is, why on earth do they have more problem blocking something that is more or less spiny? I simple don't get it, cause if you hit a very spiny loop, then I correct my blocking angle for that, so if people were used to your mega spiny Tenergy loops, then they should struggle against your Hexer loops, since they should block those in to the net due to the lack of spin on them. What creates problem in the blocking department is the variation in speed rather then the amount of spin, so please explain this to me, why is it more difficult to block the Tenergy loop then it is to block the Hexer loop???
The holy grail
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 10:12am
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

I've often seen comments like this when people try to praise a rubber or disclaim a rubber, but my question is, why on earth do they have more problem blocking something that is more or less spiny? I simple don't get it, cause if you hit a very spiny loop, then I correct my blocking angle for that, so if people were used to your mega spiny Tenergy loops, then they should struggle against your Hexer loops, since they should block those in to the net due to the lack of spin on them. What creates problem in the blocking department is the variation in speed rather then the amount of spin, so please explain this to me, why is it more difficult to block the Tenergy loop then it is to block the Hexer loop???

It's the penetration of the shot, that makes a ball hard to return. Any half decent player can adjust to the spin of a shot after one mistake. That's assuming that they misread the amount of spin.

I'm fairly comfortable blocking boz off the table when he uses hexer. He just can't hurt me with it. I'm definitely more scared when he uses tenergy.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

It's the penetration of the shot, that makes a ball hard to return. Any half decent player can adjust to the spin of a shot after one mistake. That's assuming that they misread the amount of spin.

I'm fairly comfortable blocking boz off the table when he uses hexer. He just can't hurt me with it. I'm definitely more scared when he uses tenergy.

What and you expect us to belive that it is penetration that wins the point. Half your rallies are away from the table - where's the penetration.

Please explain your understanding of penetration, infact why dont you point us to a Youtube clip, where Boz gets Penetration ?Wink
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

You can block anything, with the right angle, touch and being used to your equipment.  But somethings that come flying at you are harder the block than others.  The incoming Hexer loop plays with spin and speed much closer to what the majority of players are used to and you must be ready to loop again more often than not.

I believe as speedplay does I'm sure, that having 2 contrasting amounts of spin and speed coming in will be even harder.   This was the main reason I used solcion for a while.  

But there is the other point that I think fruit said to me in the past.   That you don't use the same technique with the same rubber on your backhand and your forehand so there is no real need to have 2 different rubbers.

For me personally, I win a lot of points not just by attacking with fast spinny loops, I also get points by sidespin blocking, fishing, lobbing, pushing.   I trully believe with almost no effort at all the 05 can kick away from the player when they look like they are in a good position.

a touch off topic:  As for punching, on backhand at the table, I found hexer last night  much better, because I could hit the blade quicker.  But I only punch once they have made a mistake.  Hexer on my forehand really encouraged me to flat hit or drive the ball too.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 4:42pm
Bob keep the posts clean of your homosexual overtones if you don't want to start a flame war,
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 4:46pm

Bob keep the posts clean of your homosexual overtones if you don't want to start a flame war,

Personally, i think Rob's comment was comic genious!

Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 4:51pm
LOL ha ha

gay joke
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 6:03pm

You can block anything, with the right angle, touch and being used to your equipment. But somethings that come flying at you are harder the block than others. The incoming Hexer loop plays with spin and speed much closer to what the majority of players are used to and you must be ready to loop again more often than not.

I believe as speedplay does I'm sure, that having 2 contrasting amounts of spin and speed coming in will be even harder.   This was the main reason I used solcion for a while.

But there is the other point that I think fruit said to me in the past.   That you don't use the same technique with the same rubber on your backhand and your forehand so there is no real need to have 2 different rubbers.

Now we are beginning to get close to reaching an agreement

I'm willing to buy the argument that Tenergy carries more spin, this making it initially harder to block against, but as stated before, this will only be valid for a short period of time, and seeing the popularity of Tenergy, people will soon get used to the spin.

2 contrasting rubbers is a good idea, not only because the variation in spin, but also because of what you point out your self, most people have different technique on fh vs bh and this is why I think most people would benefit from using different rubbers, cause a rubber that might be perfect for your fh might not suit your bh at all.

Fruitloop, I'm sorry but I don't understand the penetration part you mention, but as far as I understand, this is affected by both speed and spin and this comes to affect regardless of what rubber you are using. Another reason you might find it harder to play Boz when he uses Tenergy is that he is (probably) used to this rubber and feel comfortable with it, while he might not yet have found this confidence in his use of Hexer.

Note, I'm not claiming that one rubber is better then the other, it all comes down to different preferences, what I don't like is when people make claims to have gained several levels in play merely by shifting to a different rubber. Unless the new rubber is an LP, cause we all know that LP rubbers makes our level sky rocket away with out any practice
The holy grail
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 6:19pm
that was a joke about LP wasn't it?

A faster ball is harder to negotiate - I think that is simple, and it goes deep into the sponge and into the blade which makes it harder to block.

The more people use tenergy - you are right - the easy it is to get use to it.  But there is a line of levels for that.  Just as you can beat people with long pimples by just blocking at low levels of play, the same goes at the intermediate levels of play.  Once up into the advanced of course the tenergy is common place and they are all ready for it now.

I hold true to my claim about beating many players because of the tenergy though.   You don't need to believe me, but it was obvious to me that I found a rubber that played almost exactly like what I wanted and because of that my game improved dramatically.

The main reason for this is that I have never been a driver or hitter and once I found a rubber that put emphasis on huge spin and with in that same looping stroke the right balance of higher speed, my game improved.

Could I have done it with other rubber?  Yes - but a big change of technique would be necessary and a hell of a lot better footwork.

Does every rubber have a strong point and weak point?

Of course.  Tenergy 05 is a nightmare to have when you come across someone with very deceptive serves.   And this then goes full circle to my point of tenergy drawing a clear line of levels.

Using tenergy very easily makes me jump the first 70% of players in the club because I believe lower levels tend to leave improving their serves the last priority in match preparation.  Once in the higher levels service return with tenergy starts to become the main for myself to constantly train.

Anyways - must go to work now - cya

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 6:59pm
Yes, the LP part was a joke, since I've switched from LP to anti, I try to bag LP when ever I get the chance =)

As for your claim, I'm not going to call you a liar, I see no reason for you to lie about this, but we might have a different perception of what a level is? To me, a level is a huge gap, not someone who you lose to 8 out of 10 times, but a player that is a level higher then you is a player who beats you 10 out of 10 times. So, to gain a level, and some times people have claimed they have gained several levels, due to changing rubber is a bit unrealistic. How ever, if your view of a level is different, then you might have gained a level with the change, giving you the edge in close matches.
The holy grail
petermoo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petermoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by snappyloko snappyloko wrote:

@Petermoowhat do you like most? tenergy, hexer, or donic baracuda?

Honestly, I think it would be T64,Hexer, then Baracuda in that order. I'm not really a fan of T05. I think Baracuda and Hexer are close in composition and characteristics but Baracuda is slower so I would use them in this order.

Petermoo
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2010 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

boz... not just you i feel the same when moving from tenergy to hexer... and same again while changing from hexer to tenergy....likewise. Don't comment after 5 hours... at least 2-3 weeks as i had mentioned. after that - if you don't have problems in looping with tenergy, - if you don't feel tenergy (05) is speed deficient in away from table loops; i would seriously question my capability to review a rubber. but 2-3 weeks at least to mold your game to a higher hold time rubber... requiring different hand speed and stroke.

sorry Debraj I think I'm missing what you are refering to.

feel the same way about what exactly when changing backwards forwards?

And what do you mean don't comment after 5 hours?

Are you talking about an inability to give a review of�Hexer after using it for that long?

What do you mean about seriously questioning my capability to review if I don't have problems with tenergy?

Today was my third day with the Hexer and my feelings about it have barely changed from the first 5 minutes of using it.

you didn't get my tone, mate!!.. and not even reading it right. i said if "my capability to review" ... not yours. i mean unless my is you in australian ;)

all i said is i also had terrible feeling shifting either way. apparently it feels oh.. i have adjusted pretty quick.... but in a game in pressure situation... you can't open loops or your hands get stiff etc... that's why i said use the hexer for 5 days and then you might change your opinion about speed on loops etc.

its a personal thing... i would have loved if Hexer's sponge was a little harder and marginally less dwell.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2010 at 4:07am
Originally posted by petermoo petermoo wrote:

Originally posted by snappyloko snappyloko wrote:

@Petermoowhat do you like most? tenergy, hexer, or donic baracuda?

Honestly, I think it would be T64,Hexer, then Baracuda in that order. I'm not really a fan of T05. I think Baracuda and Hexer are close in composition and characteristics but Baracuda is slower so I would use them in this order.

Petermoo
I'm not sure if this still holds true but I remember a review you did of Tenergy 64, saying it was something like a steaming or was it stinking pile of sh*t..  Have you changed your opinion now?

And also I'm sure everyone would like to know which rubber you actually use now.

thanks
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic