Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Butterfly Innerforce zlc review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Innerforce zlc review
    Posted: 05/14/2013 at 12:55pm
I liked it with T80, but that CLEARLY does not address the affordability question.  Not that powerful works well for me, though, as I do not have issues with power.  Based upon it's specs alone I would not have tried it as it would have been too fast for me.  
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Sponsored Links

W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 12:50pm
I think IF ZLC is NOT that fast, NOR is that powerful. The reason I switched is that I have not found the best (and affordable) rubber for it. I may come back to it if I found the right rubber to pair with it.

IMO, IF ZLC is not worth its price.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by dabookerman dabookerman wrote:

Tried my 84g one last night with T80 FH and Rakza 7 BH and it is a bit head heavy.

It is a big blade (158x152) with a smallish handle. Perhaps, switching to a Mizutani Jun (limba outers, ZLC, 157x150, beefier TB-ALC type handle) might help?

I was not complaining but I will definitely keep that in mind.  

Actually I really liked the feel of the IFZLC, but I am curious as to how/why people no longer played it for comparison.  I can tell from some of the updated signatures that some (Dauntless, for example) liked it but then decided to change.
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by dabookerman dabookerman wrote:

Tried my 84g one last night with T80 FH and Rakza 7 BH and it is a bit head heavy.

It is a big blade (158x152) with a smallish handle. Perhaps, switching to a Mizutani Jun (limba outers, ZLC, 157x150, beefier TB-ALC type handle) might help?

Edited by slevin - 05/14/2013 at 12:00pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 10:27am
Tried my 84g one last night with T80 FH and Rakza 7 BH and it is a bit head heavy.  I really liked the feel of the blade, but I'm coming from a Yasaka Extra 3D so I like softer wood blades.  If you feel the same way you'll probably like it.  

It was great away from the table allowing me to overpower and/or outspin my opponents.  Blocking was also amazing with this as I had tremendous control from both sides.   My serves were not as spinny so I will have to see how that goes as I continue to use it.  

Does anyone else have longer term thoughts about this blade?  If you switched away from this, why did you switch?
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2012 at 12:12pm
Mine is 83 g. It feels head heavy too...
ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2010 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by davidzou davidzou wrote:

from my understanding i believe its limba limba zlc ayous zlc limba limba. Very dwelly......

exactly,I own a Innerforce ZLC,and I like it dwelly
davidzou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidzou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2010 at 10:55am
from my understanding i believe its limba limba zlc ayous zlc limba limba. Very dwelly......
ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2010 at 10:11am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

ah haaaa.... Innerforce is re-arrangement of the plies.

The old way, limba/zlc/xx/xx/xx/zlc/limba

The new way, limba/kiri/zlc/xx/zlc/kiri/limba

zlc is in the inner plies...

thx

tsanycWink

really?i thought it was limba/limba/zlc/ayous/zlc/limba/limba,or am i wrong?
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2010 at 4:59pm
ah haaaa.... Innerforce is re-arrangement of the plies.

The old way, limba/zlc/xx/xx/xx/zlc/limba

The new way, limba/kiri/zlc/xx/zlc/kiri/limba

zlc is in the inner plies...

thx

tsanycWink
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 12:42am
Originally posted by peds peds wrote:

Here's my initial impression with Innerforce ZLC:

The weight of the blade that I got is 89 grams. The head diameter of the blade is quite big compared to my Stradivarius. The handle is also small and thickness is 5. something.

I put my old Platin Soft on forehand while 729 Geospin on backhand.

I like the feeling of the blade. It's more comfortable than Amultart. I think it's medium-hard and low throw. It also has the "wood feeling" on it. It's really great for topspin and power shots. It's fast and yet very controllable.

Blocking, pushing and short game was also easy and accurate. I can put the ball wherever I want. Also, it doesn't lack power on mid-distance counter spin.

The balance of power and control is really great.

For me, there's nothing special about this blade. I bought it because I want it. It might help me improve my game a little bit but there's no assurance of making me a champion or something.

That sounds pretty much what I think of it. I have had it a while and have lost the urge to EJ. It just works.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2010 at 2:56pm
i wonder if that applies for short pips too,anyway  is there anyone using this blade with short pips?
peds View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2010 at 2:17am
Here's my initial impression with Innerforce ZLC:

The weight of the blade that I got is 89 grams. The head diameter of the blade is quite big compared to my Stradivarius. The handle is also small and thickness is 5. something.

I put my old Platin Soft on forehand while 729 Geospin on backhand.

I like the feeling of the blade. It's more comfortable than Amultart. I think it's medium-hard and low throw. It also has the "wood feeling" on it. It's really great for topspin and power shots. It's fast and yet very controllable.

Blocking, pushing and short game was also easy and accurate. I can put the ball wherever I want. Also, it doesn't lack power on mid-distance counter spin.

The balance of power and control is really great.

For me, there's nothing special about this blade. I bought it because I want it. It might help me improve my game a little bit but there's no assurance of making me a champion or something.

ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2010 at 10:43pm
hey guys,i'm wondering if IN ZLC,spin art(butterfly) and boost ts(stiga) is a good setup,though i'm not sure about my tenergy05 being replaced by spin art,i want a rubber which has good spin but not so fast,cause i've been making a lot of long serves,and it usually goes over the table with my tenergy05,do u think i made the right decision? 
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 12:08am
oops.
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2010 at 12:03am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Originally posted by johnny89atc johnny89atc wrote:

Zhang Jike is using a Butterfly Viscaria...

Yes, and Viscaria's outer plies are koto. Wacko

Yes, koto... and the Viscaria is an ALC blade, which is I think why johnny89atc clarified that--in response to boz's comment on ALC blades.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by johnny89atc johnny89atc wrote:

Yes, and Viscaria's outer plies are koto. Wacko

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by gnome gnome wrote:

thanks, love the feeling of limba, thinking of giving p700 a break and picking up an IF zlc.
sadly though im beginning to think that limba top ply blades lack the crispness and penetration required for a top eight spot on the men's ittf ranking in this day and age, compared to for example koto..

Are you serious? LOL

btw, Zhang Yining uses innerforce ZLC. I heard she's pretty good.

johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

1 MA Long            Koto
2 BOLL Timo          Koto
3 MA Lin          Walnut
4 WANG Hao          Koto
5 ZHANG Jike          Koto
6 WANG Liqin          Koto?
7 XU Xin          Koto
8 SAMSONOV Vladimir Limba

you could also add - which fibres are under there? I think ALC would be quite more popular too - i think jike uses alc right?

Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 9:19pm
3 MA Lin          Walnut
4 WANG Hao          Koto
7 XU Xin          Koto

you could also add - which fibres are under there? I think ALC would be quite more popular too - i think jike uses alc right?
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 8:48pm
Back to the Innerforce ZLC:

I have played with three different rubbers on this blade.
Sriver 1.9 and 2.1
Tenergy 2.1
Roundell 2.1

They all play well. I think this is one carbon/synthetic blade that would be suitable with a wide variety of rubbers. Maybe super hard or dense sponges would be a bit too much here.
Its a fairly stiff blade but it is not like immovable. I usually like a bit more vibration, but it is fine. I actually think I liked it better with Sriver than Tenergy. I know that has more to do with not being used to Tenergy. I think this blade would work very well for lower ranked players with Mark V or Sriver EL or other non SGE rubber. I think medium soft sponge is perfect.
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 8:33pm
Well as something accepted throughout the equipment community, Koto is more suitable with Chinese rubbers and Limba is more suitable with European rubbers. There are more Chinese players in the top 8 than European players, so Koto would obviously be more popular there. It doesn't mean that a certain wood type is better than another wood type, it depends wholly on the player and their particular style. Remember, a good player can make even the worst equipment seem like the best equipment.
Viscaria
T05/T64
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

thanks, love the feeling of limba, thinking of giving p700 a break and picking up an IF zlc.sadly though im beginning to think that limba top ply blades lack the crispness and penetration required for a top eight spot on the men's ittf ranking in this day and age, compared to for example koto..

For most of us, I doubt it will make a significant impact on our game one way or the other. If it really mattered, we would probably be close to pro level. And if you are close to pro level, it wouldn't really matter that much any way simply because it would become a matter of preference and performance choice, not ABSOLUTE necessity. There are plenty of very high level player using both limba outer AND koto outer layers(and other types of wood), despite the top 8 preference for it.

The more I look at equipment, the less I know about the GAME. The IF ZLC is a great blade, but it is not SIGNIFICANTLY better than say another blade of similar build and thickness. I bought this blade and like it, but it is just the one I wanted, not because I think that this particular blade/combo is going to make my game any better... because it won't. It may help with certain aspects, but my blade is not going to move my feet into position, or help me stroke better.

I see what you are saying as far as top 8 using mostly Koto, but is that applicable to people on this forum? I think it is fun to know that data, but IMHO I doubt choosing the same type of equipment top 8 use will improve my game. For what it is worth, here are top 8 outer layers:
---
3 MA Lin          Walnut
4 WANG Hao          Koto
7 XU Xin          Koto

First, I absolutely agree with everything you just stated. Well said.

Second, and just for fun, if WLQ is still using the same blade as he was a few months ago then it is a Ludeack, which has a limba outer ply. But he seems to have been EJing quite a bit recently, so that point may be moot.

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2010 at 6:05pm

thanks, love the feeling of limba, thinking of giving p700 a break and picking up an IF zlc.sadly though im beginning to think that limba top ply blades lack the crispness and penetration required for a top eight spot on the men's ittf ranking in this day and age, compared to for example koto..

For most of us, I doubt it will make a significant impact on our game one way or the other. If it really mattered, we would probably be close to pro level. And if you are close to pro level, it wouldn't really matter that much any way simply because it would become a matter of preference and performance choice, not ABSOLUTE necessity. There are plenty of very high level player using both limba outer AND koto outer layers(and other types of wood), despite the top 8 preference for it.

The more I look at equipment, the less I know about the GAME. The IF ZLC is a great blade, but it is not SIGNIFICANTLY better than say another blade of similar build and thickness. I bought this blade and like it, but it is just the one I wanted, not because I think that this particular blade/combo is going to make my game any better... because it won't. It may help with certain aspects, but my blade is not going to move my feet into position, or help me stroke better.

I see what you are saying as far as top 8 using mostly Koto, but is that applicable to people on this forum? I think it is fun to know that data, but IMHO I doubt choosing the same type of equipment top 8 use will improve my game. For what it is worth, here are top 8 outer layers:
---
3 MA Lin          Walnut
4 WANG Hao          Koto
7 XU Xin          Koto
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

@gnome: :) it will cost you $150 to prove yourself wrong.

Really?

I'm pretty sure gnome buying an IFZLC will not help him (or any other player for that matter) crack the top 8 ITTF ranking.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 5:26pm
@gnome: :) it will cost you $150 to prove yourself wrong.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
gnome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 2:48pm
thanks, love the feeling of limba, thinking of giving p700 a break and picking up an IF zlc.
sadly though im beginning to think that limba top ply blades lack the crispness and penetration required for a top eight spot on the men's ittf ranking in this day and age, compared to for example koto..
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 1:43am
IF ZLC: limba - limba - zlc - ayous - zlc - limba - limba
JM: limba - zlc - limba - kiri - limba -zlc limba

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7194
gnome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 12:49am
im curious about whether the innerforce zlc and jun mizutani have identical layers, the only difference being the placement of the zylon carbon.
ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2010 at 12:14am
hey guys,is it true that MJ has less vibration than IZLC?n has a bigger sweet spot compared to IZLC?n 1 more ques,is it true that it is lighter than IZLC?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic