Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best blade for Tenergy 05

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best blade for Tenergy 05
    Posted: 12/27/2009 at 7:43pm
I have one last EJ experiment that I want to perform. That experiment is using T05 on FH. I know, I know, it is way above my class and I know I will most likely sell the setup. Yet, I still want to try.

Criteria:

*Must have decent resale value. I don't want to buy something I can't resell if it just isn't for me.

*Let's make it easier and just say it will have to be a Butterfly product.

*If it is a T Boll product, i can think about a ST handle, since I like those ST handles. Otherwise it will be a FL handle.

*I prefer all wood blades, and I use OFF- blades currently. But if like the TBS is the best for T05 then so be it. (also, TBS will resell better than something like Mazunov)

*I realize harder/stiffer seems to be the choice amongst T05 users. I am used to Medium to Stiff blades... but not super hard outer veneers.

*Suggest BH rubber that will suit the blade. Could I use Mark V?

*Remember this is an EJ thing and not me thinking that I can actually control T05, so please don't turn this into a coaching thread, it is for fun.LOL

I use Mark V now on OFF- all wood blades and like it when it is new and just glued, but it gets a bit dull and pedestrian after 2-3 weeks. I want something to ease lifting backspin on forehand.

1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 7:50pm
There was an extensive search done by one professional player, it was Oya Hidetoshi, and he found that of all the commercial blades from butterfly, the Schlager Carbon was the best rated blade for tenergy 05, obtaining a 97/100 score. Id say you're best bet is that really, im sure most people on this forum will agree.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 7:51pm

Too bad it has to be a Butterfly blade.  I was going to suggest trying a Donic Dima SawTech blade with T-05 of the forehand and Donic Vario Big Slam on the back.  I tried hitting a little yesterday with Vario Big Slam.  Felt faster and MUCH spinnier than well worn Desto F3 Big Slam.  And the Dima SawTech has such a nice feel and great handle. 

But you need bty, so all this probably doesn't help. 

Edit:  Maybe a Timo Boll Spirit with Solcion on the backhand. 
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 8:41pm
Photino + Black T05 FH + Red Macro Era Soft BH
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 9:34pm
last week i tried a friend's Gergely with T05.Simply amazing feel and astonishing control for such spin and speed
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 10:57pm
In my opinion any blade with sharp feel will do. That usually means carbon or some sort of reinforcement. I personally play with TBS, but M.Maze, Gergely 21, any of the TB series blades would be other good choices. When it comes to resale value, just go for TBS (although I know from your other posts, that you will hate sharp-feel blades so I am guilty of reccomending something I don't believe you will like, but nevertheless those are great blades for T05 IMO).

Another choice could be Stradivarius (disclaimer: never personally played with Stradi, but I read it has same sharp feel as TBS, but half-gear slower).

Actually, after giving it second thought, I might have a better recommendation for you, which I feel you will like: the best all-wood blade I tried with T05 was Petr Korbel. Quite stiff and medium feel, it paired well with T05, try that... Also when it comes to reselling Korbel - no problem.
Anything on your Korbel's backhand will play quite well - make it Sriver or Mark V or, better yet, another T05.
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/27/2009 at 11:27pm
I would go with MM. Gergely and Schlager was way too fast and uncontrolled in combination with T05 for me, and i played many OFF+ combos in my life. TBS works well with T05, but MM is a little slower and IMHO more controlled in topspin gameplay near the table. I should add, that i tested plenty of other blades with T05, they all didn't work.
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 1:52am
try 7 ply or 5 ply blade..
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 2:06am
Great suggestions, I never expected so much help. Thank you all very much.

I am curious if the Mazunov blade entered anyone's mind? Or if Maze Passion (Glass Fiber) could be considered hard enough for T05?
I think a year ago I played a MM with T05 and remember it being fast but not ridiculous compared to my Xiom Control blade. (Quite a stiff blade - yet forgiving carbon aramid)

I was leaning towards TBS. I mean it gets such great reviews. And the price is right. But maybe Korbel makes more sense.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 2:08am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

There was an extensive search done by one professional player, it was Oya Hidetoshi, and he found that of all the commercial blades from butterfly, the Schlager Carbon was the best rated blade for tenergy 05, obtaining a 97/100 score. Id say you're best bet is that really, im sure most people on this forum will agree.

Interesting. How do you like the Photino, does it suit you? The reason I ask is a lot of ppl using that with T05 on FH.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 2:12am
Silverhair: I have tried so many non Butterfly blades in the last two years.
After picking up my circa 1994 BTY Primorac OFF- (38mm era blade) and seeing how well it is made and how well it still plays, I can't think of any other brand I want to EJ on right now. I haven't bought a BTY blade since 2000. The time has come. The wallet is not ready... LOL
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 3:03am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Or if Maze Passion (Glass Fiber) could be considered hard enough for T05?

Just to mention: Jakub Kosowski from Poland (top 100 player) plays Maze Passion with T05 both sides.
silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 3:25am
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

Silverhair: I have tried so many non Butterfly blades in the last two years.
After picking up my circa 1994 BTY Primorac OFF- (38mm era blade) and seeing how well it is made and how well it still plays, I can't think of any other brand I want to EJ on right now. I haven't bought a BTY blade since 2000. The time has come. The wallet is not ready... LOL

That Primorac's a great blade!!  I enjoyed hitting with it 15 years ago.  Should have bought it. 

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 5:51am
Originally posted by silverhair silverhair wrote:

Too bad it has to be a Butterfly blade.  I was going to suggest trying a Donic Dima SawTech blade with T-05 of the forehand and Donic Vario Big Slam on the back.  I tried hitting a little yesterday with Vario Big Slam.  Felt faster and MUCH spinnier than well worn Desto F3 Big Slam.  And the Dima SawTech has such a nice feel and great handle. 

But you need bty, so all this probably doesn't help. 

Edit:  Maybe a Timo Boll Spirit with Solcion on the backhand. 
is the vario big slam spinnier or grippier than the f3 big slam? is it the same topsheet material?

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 5:55am
you are right about the resale of butterfly blades - especially the heavy ones - harder to damage and there is always someone near by who wants it at a bit under full price

Ive been doing this for the last couple of years now - buy use sell - If i lose $50 for playing with it for 5 months I'm happy.  Its like rent a blade.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
PingPongBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2009 at 6:42am
A Buttefly amultart / mizutani should be good
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 12:40am
Wondering between the Maze Passion and TBS which is a better blade for Tenergy 05. Also, which has a better FL handle (I know this is subjective). I am thinking the Maze handle will suit me better, but I have heard TBS is quite good.
TIA

EDIT I am not used to hard blades and thinking that the Maze Passion is too hard, while TBS is medium and I am used to that more or less.

Maybe I should rename this thread best BTY blade under 100USD for Tenergy
LOL

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 12:51am
For under $100 USD, the best BTY blade for Tenergy would be BTY Primorac OFF-. The soft wood feel of the blade is mixed well with the hard rubber like T05.
I have tried TBS with T05, but I don't like it much. Maze with T05 is ok, but I don't feel if T05 would be best fit for Maze.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 12:53am
the harder one - trust me - tenergy needs the hardest you can play all your shots with
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 12:58am
Above posts contradict each other. Is is possible that they both work depending on which you are used to? It is accepted that harder blades work well with T05.
I am a bit confused.

Anyway, look at this "dream" order -- it is going to have to wait a bit so I can fly it under the "wife" radar:

From BTY Online NA

Product                                     Status                Shipping Method             Ship From          Price           Subtotal    
  1 - Timo Boll Spirit In-Stock Priority Mail US $99.99 $99.99
  1 - Energy Force III Shoes - White/Gray In-Stock Priority Mail US $135.99 $135.99
  1 - Tenergy 05 In-Stock Priority Mail US $56.99 $56.99
  1 - Solcion In-Stock Priority Mail US $48.99 $48.99
  1 - Free Chack 37ml In-Stock Priority Mail US $16.99 $16.99
  1 - Hardfull Case II In-Stock Priority Mail US $35.99 $35.99
Tax       $0.00      
Shipping       $0.00      
* 10% Discount        - $39.49      
Total       $355.45  

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 1:37am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Photino + Black T05 FH + Red Macro Era Soft BH

I'd recommend this combo as well...Thumbs%20Up
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 3:47am
love how you cant read the total!

dam I wish butterfly was cheaper - but you cant too wrong with that setup.

blade and rubbers - i got those shoes now but I am going to some other cheaper brand - um whats the name Mizuno (red and black logo) the sole inside looks awesaome they look great outside. 

I highly doubt I will ever buy butterfly shoes again.  yes they lasted a bit longer than the rest, they looked better than any other shoe but in the end its a dam shoe,  I think shoes the inner sole and outer rubber is the same as rubber on your blade.  

Needs to be changed every 4 months or so.

Usually have a cheap or old pair for fun and comp pair.
probably not the best idea as you go in for competition and sudenly have to lift your feet to move more.
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 3:50am
sheesh can anyone tell how many drinks Ive had by my spelling?  I've been partying on down downstairs at the underbar where the moles hang out.  But finally got kicked out because the poor sod can't handle the truth. 

V

look down - its not victory its misery
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 4:40am
uhmm. ok. whatever reference you were making there kinda went over my head
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 4:50am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

e looks awesaome they look great outside.�

I highly doubt�I will ever buy butterfly shoes again.� yes they lasted a bit longer than the rest, they looked better than any other shoe but in the end its a dam shoe,� I think shoes the inner sole and outer rubber is the same as

you must be a butterfly staff for hating their shoes! it shows!
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 4:54am
salome i tell it like it is bro - i dont care which company it is - its got to be

1.  the best quality
2. durability
3. performance

4. wish to hell the price was lower but atleast you know with Japanese products you get what you pay for.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 5:32am

salome i tell it like it is bro - i dont care which company it is - its got to be

1.� the best quality

2. durability

3. performance

4. wish to hell the price was lower but atleast you know with Japanese products you get what you pay for.

you are right, BTW I'm joking just incase.. you know what I'm on about :P
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 5:41am
@dauntless
there isnt a "Best Blade" for Tenergy. It depends on your style, technic and feel. I played T05 with a dozen blades and all exp were different. Choose your fav blade and practice a lot. After some time youĺl adapt to your new setup. Dont let some unknown Tenergy + XY-blade fanboi tell you which material is good for you. Its crap.
BT777, Ishlion, U2 Hinoki, Baum Senso, TBS
T05
T05
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 5:44am
Originally posted by powerplay.de powerplay.de wrote:

@dauntless
there isnt a "Best Blade" for Tenergy. It depends on your style, technic and feel. I played T05 with a dozen blades and all exp were different. Choose your fav blade and practice a lot. After some time youĺl adapt to your new setup. Dont let some unknown Tenergy + XY-blade fanboi tell you which material is good for you. Its crap.
agreed, buy 10 different blades until you find out for yourself
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
powerplay.de View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerplay.de Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2010 at 6:34am

Originally posted by powerplay.de powerplay.de wrote:

@dauntless
agreed, buy 10 different blades until you find out for yourself

read again. I said fav"ourite" blade. No need to buy 10 blades. Everyone has one or two favourite blades. You only need time to ajust. Some need more  and some less time. Even when he buys one of those recommend blades.
BT777, Ishlion, U2 Hinoki, Baum Senso, TBS
T05
T05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic