FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review Iolite Neo update.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review Iolite Neo update.
    Posted: 01/10/2010 at 1:39am
Blade:Butterfly Iolite Neo weighing in at 75gm
Rubbers:Donic Coppa Jo Platin Soft Max and Andro Hexer 2.1

(Not Important)
I still have yet to play with this set up on a competitive level, but I feel that if I don't do a review soon, I will lose interest in posting one. The Set up on this blade isn't my preferred because I have six shooter pretuned on the way and H3 Neo on the way to test b/t the two for my forehand. I just borrowed the Coppa Jo from my girlfriends blade in the meantime. I am switching back and forth b/t the Coppa Jo and Hexer on my backhand during most practice sessions because I just can't decide. The Hexer is to me...pretty hard to handle on my forehand especially counterlooping. The Coppa Jo has excellent control on both forehand and backhand however the low throw plus the speed of hexer combined with this thick blade make it deadly to slam and loop from the backhand.

Initial thoughts on the blade.
When I first recieved the blade, I realized that it is definitely a work of art. The wood grain is very light colored but very perfect as well. I was almost scared to drop a ball on it due to the soft wood, but doing so quickly let me know that I had something deadly fast in my hand. In the ball drop test, its easy to see that Iolite is the fastest of any of my blades thus far(comparing to) viscaria light, an arylate carbon blade, and the hunter inferno, a fast hinoki carbon blade. The blade is really for the next level player. Using the next generation rubbers, its really difficult for me to be consistent with such a fast blade. It is excellent for looping because the wood is so soft. But it is also great for blocking, slamming, and flat hitting because the inners are so fast and the blade is quite thick. It is a light blade so it might be usable with tenergy without any weight problems, but practice will be due to keep loops controlled. It is a great pair with hexer because the control really shows in the short push game and service return. The soft wood cooperates well with the control of hexer making ball placement the easy part. However, the soft wood paired with soft bouncy rubber like coppa makes most service returns high and smashable. The dwell time of this blade is longer than viscaria light, the inferno, and my killerspin all wood kido. There really are just so many weapons with this blade. But I think finding the rubber to pair it with might be a problem.
Speed dept I give it a 9.3/10 with the viscaria being a 7.5/10 and Hunter Inferno beeing a 8.5/10. I give it a 9.3 because I'm sure there are faster such as schlager and amultart, But my friend that hit with it did say that he believes its faster than his photino. The control is great, the weight is great and the price is right. Favorite blade so far. By the way...buy the flared handle Clap
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
Sponsored Links

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 1:41am
Also it might be easier to answer questions about the blade and its setup rather than just telling you all about the blade. So if anyone has any Q's I'm open to answer them. Or if anyone else has any experience with this blade and would like to feedback or input, that would be great as well. Hope you enjoy.
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 2:21am

bump before bedSleepy

Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 5:37am
How game close to the table and smash?
Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2010 at 7:15pm
I normally only play close to the table, and Its great for blocking. Smashing is a little harder because its so fast.
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
flaredpenhold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaredpenhold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 6:15pm
Can you compare the Iolite Neo to Timo Boll Spirit (I'm currently using).

I think the Timo Boll Spirit may be a bit heavy for me if I need to practice my short flicks.

Also, does it have that spring effect that the TBS has, like the ball will spring pretty high after it contacts the paddle. 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2012 at 7:25pm
Hmm. Considering bnts19 hasn't logged in since July of 2011 (click on member profile for details) you might get a faster response sending him a PM (I checked, he has Notify by Email turned on). 
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic