Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Killerspin Blast Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DHSjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Killerspin Blast Review
    Posted: 02/17/2010 at 5:20pm
My First Review(if i miss anything tell me)
Speed is compared to dawei quatto, and spin as well, with 10 being dawei quattro.
Speed:12
Spin:11

This rubber was used for like 1.5 hours, and only with rpb and a little bit of looping. First of all its an amazing blocking rubber, its so easy against topspin. The throw angle can be low and can be high, this is based on different technique. I am self taught so my technique is different than someone who is coached. This rubber is my favorite for rpb, it shines on hard drives and hit. Also it is light, very high quality sheet, and seems extremely durable for a tensor. The speed can generated with almost no energy and can explode with a lot of force. The spin is enough to bring it down, but not enough to overwelm opponents. VERY FUN TO USE, probably not worth 52$ but i got it really cheap, btw i am only 1300. So my opinion may not be the smae as pros.

Stiga clipper wrb thors on fh and t64 on bh
Sponsored Links

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 6:56pm
to start with ... its not a tensor !
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
DHSjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 7:08pm
oh i was told that it was ooops, thats okay, Im sorry for that 
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 7:13pm
Thanks for the review, DHSjr. I know nothing about Killerspin products.
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
DHSjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 7:17pm
Honestly i have heard a lot of great stuff from killerspin, maybe you should try one
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by DHSjr DHSjr wrote:

Honestly i have heard a lot of great stuff from killerspin, maybe you should try one

I would be tempted... if I wasn't already so in love with my current setup. I love my current table tennis racquet as much as I love any other human being. Heart

LOL LOL LOL

DHSjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 7:35pm
Haha I REALLY enjoy mine too, just need the neo effect to kick in!
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I would be tempted... if I wasn't already so in love with my current setup. I love my current table tennis racquet as much as I love any other human being. Heart

LOL LOL LOL

Still with the CJPsoft? that is such a great rubber.
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by bumpernets19 bumpernets19 wrote:

Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

LOL LOL LOL

Still with the CJPsoft? that is such a great rubber.

On my back hand. Neo H2 on my forehand. All on a Yasaka Hinoki Leo 7. Ying%20Yang
lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2010 at 11:51pm
The quality of Blast is horrible. A guy I know had his edges started chipping away on both sides after like a week of play.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2010 at 12:48am
Had GREAT experience with it.
Quality is good.
Very fast but not too bouncy.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2010 at 10:30am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Had GREAT experience with it.
Quality is good.

Very fast but not too bouncy.

Bogeyhunter, how does Blast compare to Fortissimo?
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2010 at 2:05pm
i think the quality is pretty bad. i remember the video bogey put up about fortissimo. that thing chipped in the middle of the hitting area pretty quickly. if it chips away at the edges also...i don't think this rubber will last that long...and if that's the case, it's not worth $52 for sure.

what i'm confused about is why bogey took off the video about the poor quality of fortissimo....
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2010 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

i think the quality is pretty bad. i remember the video bogey put up about fortissimo. that thing chipped in the middle of the hitting area pretty quickly. if it chips away at the edges also...i don't think this rubber will last that long...and if that's the case, it's not worth $52 for sure.

what i'm confused about is why bogey took off the video about the poor quality of fortissimo....

Perhaps, because an issue with one particular sheet means nothing about the quality of the rubber in general (because it is statistically irrelevant)? Or maybe some people have a lot of bias against Killerspin products?

Here is a post from lildudejds on ooakforum about a bubble in Vega Pro just after 2 weeks of use (scroll to the bottom of the page):
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=10267&start=75

And yet I don't see lildudejds (or anyone else for that matter) denouncing Vega Pro as a crappy overpriced rubber. At the same time, bashing Killerspin products is ok.

Speaking from my personal experience, I've switched to Fortissimo on both sides of my blade pretty much when it became available - more that a year by now. I play 4-5 hours each week. Love to loop and hit quite hard. No bubbles, no chipping at the edges. A couple of months ago I got another pair of Fortissimo sheets - still no problems.

bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2010 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

The bad one was Fortis. Blast has a noticeable thicker topsheet.
Things I like about Blast are
1. Short game = it's slow. Looping = it's fast. Just what I want. Tenergy and Vega are too fast for me in short game.
2. Tacky topsheet. Perfect for chopper.
I think they are very similar. I used Fortis for a while then that crack in the middle force me to change. I got Blast for R.Blackwell a week after that. Practiced 3 hrs and won U2150 and 2nd U2350 next week.
Used it until stop playing, my baby was born, last moth. condition is still great.
Why i removed video?
1. they took care of poor quality product and i was happy with the way they handle problem. That's why I gave Blast a chance and still happy with it. I still have 2 sheets of Fortis in my TT box.
2. I'm not trying to rip them off coz they didn't try to cheat me. It was an honest mistake.
3. No need to stick to the past.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2010 at 9:22pm
fair enough =). if blast is good, i wouldn't mind giving it a try. just gotta wait till my current rubber dies on me. but truth is...it works for me so well that i might not ever change ever again =/

but there are some bad parts about my current setup though. i'll have to post up an update on it later.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2010 at 12:39am
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

2. Tacky topsheet. Perfect for chopper.

As in sticky Chinese style?
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
DHSjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2010 at 7:46am
no not sticky chinese style, it has a little bit not nearly as much as the neo h3
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2010 at 7:53am
more like a fresh sheet of mark v?
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

DHSjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHSjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2010 at 9:26am
Sorry i havent tried mark v
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic