Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS TG7-AL Review Request

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fardude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fardude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS TG7-AL Review Request
    Posted: 02/19/2010 at 7:23am
its a 7 ply blade from DHS, and i was wondering is anyone has tried it yet
Sponsored Links

fardude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fardude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2010 at 7:37pm
bumperrrrrrrrrrr
yearlytaxforms View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yearlytaxforms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2010 at 8:30pm
well, seeing that no one has replied to this thread in a couple of days i guess i will give it a shot, this is my first review so give me a break.

I used it with H3 neo on FH, and i have the cpen version

Speed: This is one of the most important characteristics to any blade, if you are looking for speed this is not the blade you are looking for, compared to the YEO, its is probably just a tad slower.

Control: this is where this blade really shines, for some reason it just does exactly what you want it to do, I am not sure if it is the rubber or the blade, but, if i want to hit to either corner I can, maybe its because its not that fast?

Feeling: The outer play is hard (not sure what wood it is) which is pretty good if you plan on re-gluing rubbers often, it really does not splinter. But there a consequence to that is the the blade is hard and has like no dwell, and no feel.

Other info: Once the coating of the metal on the handle wears off it has some nickel in it, (I know because I am allergic to it), so if you are allergic to metal, better put some tape over it. The sound of this blade is also a biggie. I am not sure if it is the "ballonet technology" but once the ball goes fast enough and its the paddle it sounds like wood snapping, it is a really unique sound.

Overall, i think this blade is good for people starting off, it had good control and is not too fast and has a pretty wicked sound. This was also my first real blade.
TG7-AS c-pen
f: H3 neo
b: Globe 999 quattro 2.3
fardude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fardude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 5:51am
thx for the review, appreciated. i wanted a blade with dwel, im looking for my first good blade lol 
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2010 at 10:36am
Originally posted by fardude fardude wrote:

thx for the review, appreciated. i wanted a blade with dwel, im looking for my first good blade lol 

look for limba outer plies (for dwell). Additional dwell time can be obtained with flexibility. For example avalox BT550 is flexible with limba plies and BT550 provides a lot of dwell time. Nice dwell time can be achieved with hinoki outer plies as well, they are very popular these days.
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
darkmoor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2021 at 4:23am
Hello! I assume it is not too common to reply to over 10 year-old posts, but I feel like I need to do that because of my current high interest in TG series blades, and certain blade compositions in general.

I haven't used AL, just CP from the series, but I've seen the photos of it and it is clear the surface ply is limba, and the inner plies ar most likely ayous. 

So the blade is composed of soft wood veneers, yet it feels and plays like a hard blade. It is indeed perfectly possible, as the blade hardness (talking of different blades with the same ply composition), among other things, is  affected by differentt thickness of the plies and the way they are glued together.  I had the chance to play with Butterfly SK7 and Tibhar Samsonov Pemiumm Contact, and the difference in hardness is huge, while the wood used is the same in both blades. TG7-CP is in between, but leaning more towards the harder Tibhar PC.

Anywho, if you guys are familiar with TG series and can recommend me  TG blade(s) with a soft feel and high dwell, I'd be really grateful. Ideally it could be something softer and faster than CP.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic