Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yogi's Xiom Vega Europe Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yogi's Xiom Vega Europe Review
    Posted: 03/01/2010 at 7:35pm
got a xiom vega europe (XVE) yesterday to replace my avalox sterco and neos sound synergy tech for my bh.

the rubbers was very pleasing to the eyes. the quality of the product is superb and i cant believe xiom can make a rubber with this quality. the sponge is very soft and is softer than that of tenergy 64. the rubber also is very light and is as light as other tensor like rubbers. the topsheet is very beautiful becuse of its finish and the appearance is grainy like that of a T64. the topsheet is almost identical with that of the donic baracuda but its not tacky.

while doing fh to fh and bh to bh drills with it i adjusted a lil bit with my strokes in the fh since im a neo h3 user. the rubbers is very fast and the clicking sound is loud almost as loud as that of the neos sound synergy tech or any other tensor rubbers. i would rate the rubber as very fast but about 10% slower than T64. in the spin department i would say that XVE is spinnier than T64 but has less spin compared to that of the baracuda.

my shots were ok with the fh even if im used to a chinese rubber. the ball sinks into the sponge and you can really feel the ball while brushing or hitting it. this rubber is very forgiving in which even if you cant execute the correct stroke because the incoming ball was too fast you have more chances to return it even with just a brush. the control is good for a fast rubber. the angle can be considered high but not as  much of that of the baracuda and T64 in which the baracuda has the highest angle among the 3 mentioned. i love using it on my bh because you can produce heavy spins with it o your serves, pushes and loops. its easy to loop chop balls in the backhand because its very grippy and even if you have a closed bat you can still loop spinny pushes because of the angle it gives. drop shots are very controllable too and the ball doesnt pop up.

overall im quite impressed with this rubber because i was looking for a T64  clone and i found something better for a lesser price.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 7:42pm

th very much for the review.

short, clear and useful.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2010 at 11:14pm
Nice review.

How would you rate the control? Like ball placement.
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 12:08am

sounds interesting

Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 12:19am
These reviews are making me want to replace Zeta with Vega. So far the Zeta has been very durable so I am waiting to see if the Vega is close to it.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 2:26pm
yogi watch closely! and report any change of speed and spin after about 2 -3 weeks... as it happened with mine.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Mythos View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mythos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 3:26pm
I've been trying a sheet of it too on a Avalox P500, it's a good match for me, but I prefer it on my backhand (where I block more than drive) and not so much on my forehand (where I spin more). I agree with yogi_bear that it is Tenergy-like in feeling. My sheet has been holding up and I've been using it for over a month.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 6:03pm

does/did anyone use Xiom Vega Euro on their bh on a Korbel blade or a limba 5 ply wood blade?? can someone review that? compared to t64, sriver el, express 2 ??

Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 7:20pm
QUOTE   yogibear

"i was looking for a T64  clone and i found something better for a lesser price."

this is a very serious statement in table tennis terms  is it realy better than Tenergy? I dont think so
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 7:46pm

Chris, I think Tenergys are very good rubbers.

I have tried t05 in fh and bh and liked a lot. I want to change my sriverfx because it lacks performance with all wood blade. But my problem is that t05 fh and bh though i like both a lot i do not like the heavy weight.

so maybe i am going to try vega europe in the bh because it can be not so heavy weight. in the fh i keep t05.

if you are happy with your t64s i wouldnt experiment much.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 7:52pm

Edit dbl. post  sorry Mr. moderator

AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 7:53pm
Not experimenting much now ej ,tournament starts next week for me.

Thanks for the advice though...
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

QUOTE�� yogibear

"i was looking for a T64� clone and i found something better for a lesser price."

this is a very serious statement in table tennis terms� is it realy better than Tenergy? I dont think so

mind sharing why you don't think so?
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 8:00pm

I like ejmaster  have played almost every smooth rubber there is (fact) no boast, and I have come across a lot of pretenders to the throne and believe me when I say T64 is about the best rubber there is presently,rubbers now  will mimic its composition as there is now a new bench mark.

Tenergy's got them reeling!

AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 8:15pm
These comparisons a meaning-less.. particularly when it comes with clause "better than".

I can definitely say 729 Lightning is actually better than tenergy ... yes.. it doesn't loop so well, may generate little less spin, and slower, than tenergy.. but it is much lighter... and lasts longer.

Vega euro is nowhere near tenergy is certain disciplines... and of course better than tenergy in certain others.

They are not made to compete for the same spot.

i can't use tenergy on BH because its too fast, and too reactive for serve returns. Vega europe is way better.

Similarly when it comes to loop drive over the table tenergy 05 has more teeth than vega europe, and 64 is way faster than vega europe.

what are we talking guys?
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 6:17am
the control is better. i hit with it again today and ball placement on the bh seems very promising. the feeling of XVE better than tenergy 64 is purely subjective and you cannot refute that its my opinion anyway. i was looking for a balance between control and speed plus tons of spin, i found that with the XVE. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 1:59pm
iagree yogi. after trying too many bh rubbers i zeroed on cj8000 or xve for bh. while i play cj8000 best... i am now trying to practice with xve and come to cj8000 level...as it is slightly more powerful. although serves with cj8000 is tad more spinny.
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 6:34pm
debraj yes, considering that every player have different needs, a single rubber whom one person considers best is not so good with another player. that's why its subjective

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 8:50pm
well it is always subjective but i personally like when someone says straight some aspect better. because i receive the message clearly.

as petermoo more or less said in a post, so political correct all the time is unuseful a lot of times.

i appreciate yogi_bear telling control is better for instance. instead of telling maybe xve has certain control gears different than tenergy.
EJ Club.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

well it is always subjective but i personally like when someone says straight some aspect better. because i receive the message clearly.

what if it's a US1000 player telling you that the rubber is great for chinese style looping (because he's caught out of position and has to reach)?

or a US1500 telling you that a rubber blocks well (when he means that it returns loops and generates a lot of speed, with no thought to placement control or spin).

i dunno about you, but i prefer to know the source of the review, and the level of the player, so I can make a better analysis of the information.

and just because a US2300 player raves about the "control" from a certain "speed glue replacement rubber doesn't necessarily mean that a US1200 player would feel that same control.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2010 at 10:02pm

there is always a risk about the source.

it happens also a lot that people without many references evaluate as awsome a blade or a rubber.

and a thing is good compared to another thing. so if someone does not have the 2 things at the same time maybe the evaluation is not valid.

anyway it is more didactic to talk straight than never get to a clear conclusion.

EJ Club.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 9:34am
icontek, how about the chinese top ten men on not using tenergy rubbers if they are really the best rubbers?

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2010 at 10:38am
"best rubbers" is purely subjective (level, stroke, timing, etc).

The best rubbers for a US800 player are usually not the best rubbers for a US1800 player*.

In the speed glue days, a beginner could use Sriver FX on an ALL blade and then simply add appropriate amounts of speed glue as they progressed; allowing them to stick with one rubber through their development and adding speed and spin as they improved.

* Donic F3 in 1.8mm seems decent for US1000 players learning to topspin, and I have seen US1900 players use F3 Max for BH. But it's usually on a much faster blade, so there are exceptions even today.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 2:44am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

i dunno about you, but i prefer to know the source of the review, and the level of the player, so I can make a better analysis of the information.

and just because a US2300 player raves about the "control" from a certain "speed glue replacement rubber doesn't necessarily mean that a US1200 player would feel that same control.

I can understand your point and I agree to some extend. However, and oddly enough, I sometimes noticed that some high level players have no idea about what they are playing with. Either they don't care, or they are satisfied with what they play, they are sponsored and have no choice, they've tried it from one collegue's paddle and sticked to it, they don't want to loose time or temper looking for something else and rather go practice.  Plenty of reasons, you see.
Us, poor mortals, are less skilled or trained. I'd say somehow we are more sensitive to differences because of the direct impact on our game. Just my two cents...
Now back to Vega euro. Is it really lighter than tenergy. Can someone weigh it cut or uncut and compare. Thank you.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 6:56am
its lighter by at least 5-7 grams

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 11:07am
How soft is Vega Euro? Does it bottom-out easily?
If someone tried Platin Soft and Vega Euro please post a short description.
I have to decide between Pro and Euro, but I'm more inclined toward Pro both sides.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2010 at 10:02pm
Yogi, how is your XVE playing today? As if still new or has it severely died down?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 4:18am
Vega euro is holding up in my BH. thanks to its being a reasonably linear tensor... which is difficult to find in tensors.

however, it did reduce speed, (grip also but i spinmaxed it back). But on my BH i can generate pace... just need the control and predictability which vega euro definitely delivers... with a pleasing pop at times.

no vega euro is fairly firm sponge.. and doesn';t bottom out easily.
vid1
Vid 2
turby47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turby47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2010 at 1:03pm
Helpful review.
Thanks!
Butterfly Tiago Apolonia ZLC
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 80
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 5:09am
my XVE is still doing good while doing multi-balls everyday 3-4x a week. the spin is still good and no bubbles yet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic