Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

oldest rubbers you have

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oldest rubbers you have
    Posted: 03/02/2010 at 5:33am

these are the two rubbers I played with way back in 1997-98 glued on jonyer h an. both are unavailable nowdays.
post pics of your old rubbers here(if you still have them )
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
Sponsored Links

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 8:56am
well i am an ej... i have no old rubbers!
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 8:57am
I remember using Super Sriver like 20 years ago.

If i remember, it was Super Sriver on the FH and Tempest on the BH.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 10:04am
Originally posted by kelvinyoong kelvinyoong wrote:

I remember using Super Sriver like 20 years ago.
If i remember, it was Super Sriver on the FH and Tempest on the BH.

sounds like you are playing TT forever.Thumbs%20Up

tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Boss1703 Boss1703 wrote:

well i am an ej... i have no old rubbers!

hmmmmmmmm.
so ej is a virus which destroys anything old.
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 10:10am
We have some guys here who had paddles in their desks for around 25 years.  They would clean them right after playing, and they kept them in a climate controlled office in cases with paper sheets over the rubbers.  They actually played pretty well.  
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 11:15am
As an EJ most rubbers I have are less than a year old and frequently I am playing with something new or with less than 30 hours of play on it.

However, my backhand rubber is (estimated) about 3 years old and likely has 100's of hours on it. It's been owned by several people.

Ironically, what makes it a good rubber is the wear to the topsheet. It's really forgiving for service return, and is still able to create enough spin on active shots.

I'm almost wondering if I need to start "circulating" 1.5mm sheets of Red 729 FX-EL to people at the club so they can be broken in for me when I am ready to replace this one :)
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 11:21am
I have 1 black Pf4-1 with blue sponge it has about 9 years with me hhaha. I'll se if I can take some pictures later.
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 12:03pm
I was at a tournament in OKC about 2 years ago and saw something which blew me away.  A kid was there using a paddle that was "just his dad's old paddle."  I recognized the rubbers from across the room though.  He had a yasaka blade with two beautiful gold sheets of tornado.  And they were in near new condition.  I guess his dad had wrapped up his setup years ago in plastic wrap and just put it away.

Wow, made me sad for the two color rule.  Sorry post originator...your srivers would have to be green to compete with that!  And markV would have to be blue.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 12:35pm

a guy I played two weeks ago was using the same sriver as in the 2nd post of the OP, and believe me he could still serve very spinny with it. 

BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 12:42pm
i have a bunch of old coppas 2.1, some skitt even before the rubber turned over to donic, mostly all black, some of them are not in bad shape, you can always condition the topsheet with olive oil and then liven the sponge back up with paraffin oil, if there are any lovers of this rubber let me know and we can work something out, i will do the cheap restoration treatments for you also
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 1:12pm
I've had Srivers like this with the "burned look".  I pretty much donate my old rubbers to kids in the club.  Gotta keep the "new blood" of TT alive.
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by BHDoom BHDoom wrote:

i have a bunch of old coppas 2.1, some skitt even before the rubber turned over to donic,
So these are not made by Donic? I thought Coppa was their rubber? I have a sheet of 1mm Armstrong Prexy from around 1984 on a nice thin but standard width varnished TSP basement blade which was the only ST handle I ever found comfy. Was great for all shots.
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 1:38pm

wasnt there even banda coppa? i am not sure, i think skitt might have broke off from banda, then became a sister company of donic, and ultimately the coppa rubber became a donic rubber, this is the standard coppa similar to sriver or mark v, not the new tensor versions, i will post some pics when i get a chance of the two different versions

BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2010 at 1:48pm
Weren't Tempest made before Sriver? I still have couple new tempest at home. They still work great LOL
wkm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2010 at 9:50am
A few month ago Ii replace some old Rubbers on my 30+ year old Stiga.

I was surprised they had Frienship 729 ar this time (late 70/ early 80)

Rubber was so prittle , need to keep it and put it in a shrine.

bilbilchew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bilbilchew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 4:51am
Is the super sriver nice to use? There is a shop nearby my house which sells super sriver.
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 7:01am
Super Sriver sucks.  It is a slower, yet still firm version of regular Sriver.  I don't really remember how it was on glue, maybe it was ok, but I used it without speed glue back in the day and I much preferred regular Sriver and Mark V over it.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 8:03am
super sriver was designed for flat hitters. I would like to try this rubber but it doesn't make sense because it's not ittf approved anymore.
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 10:07pm
I have a "new" sheet of Leyland rubber from the late 1940's/early 1950's.

CHEERS!!!
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2010 at 1:51am
The sheet of Nanocannon I have.  Was given to me used with probably good 6 months to a year of wear and lied around to oxidize for another year, then sold to a basement player who sweats excessively then given back to me after another year of usage then I used it for 3 months.

Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2010 at 5:05pm
I have a brand new, packed sheet of Butterfly Renova which is not even manufactured anymore. I don't know when it went out of production but the sheet I have is easily about 15 years old.
Darker Speed 90 10mm: Dawei IQUL
Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX

Member:
1-ply Hinoki Club
Violin/Acoustic Clan

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2010 at 12:42pm
I have an around 30 year old Yasaka Tornado new in packet, in my opinion the best looking rubber that's ever been made, never understood why they dropped it and yet kept mark V either, They changed it to Black/Red for a few years after the colour rules then dropped it. I'll repost the picture for Coles enjoyment. You have to see one in person to appreciate the quality of these old sheets, it looks and feels exactly like the day it was made and is flawless

Edited by nicefrog - 07/15/2010 at 12:51pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2010 at 6:16pm
I used to play with a blue sheet of Spectol pips.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2010 at 8:52am
i got a butterfly super anti from 1993. i play with it. there is a lot of all kind of glue on it. i don't reglue it... only roll it and i can play...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2019 at 9:27pm
SUPER SRIVER CLAMMY TO YOUR FINGERS, LIKE A FROG.

Ha a két rész között jelentős eltérést tapasztalunk a súrlódást illetően, akkor itt vana csere ideje.
Tájékozódásul érdemes néhány Butterfly ütőborítástípus paramétereit szemügyre venni.

A gumi neve               A dinamikus CoF        A rugalmasság mértéke   
                                  súrlódási együttható        by ASKER hardness scale

Super Sriver                      3,11                            68
Sriver                                2,78                             70
Tempest                            2,52                             69
Allround                            1,75                             67
Sríver killer(antítopspin)      0,65                             57

A legkiválóbb játékosok ütője drága eszköz, ugyanakkor nagyon
kényes is. Ez utóbbi lényegében minden ütőre vonatkozik, ezért óvn.

/Wisdom makes money/

Edited by igorponger - 10/13/2019 at 9:30pm
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2019 at 3:24pm
I have an old sheet of Butterfly Sriver Killer (anti) lying around somewhere, over they years it has been cut down to fit ever smaller rackets, now it only fits my smallest blade.  It's been on and off so many blades, the sponge has gotten very thin, but the surface is still very slick.

Almost forgot a sheet of Butterfly Feint Long (the original version) that is only a few years newer than the Sriver Killer.  They should make this legal again, should work well with the new bigger balls. Evil Smile

Edited by 1dennistt - 10/18/2019 at 3:27pm
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
agm2020shocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm2020shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 12:04am

Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

Almost forgot a sheet of Butterfly Feint Long (the original version) that is only a few years newer than the Sriver Killer.

So when he said you used it first in 1978 in the house with one table 2 blocks from student union , he was lying ?

They should make this legal again, should work well with the new bigger balls.

As furious as it makes him to hear comments like this after 21 years, he will resist the urge to comment at this time. But check the posting handle

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by agm2020shocker agm2020shocker wrote:

Almost forgot a sheet of Butterfly Feint Long (the original version) that is only a few years newer than the Sriver Killer.

So when he said you used it first in 1978 in the house with one table 2 blocks from student union , he was lying ?

As furious as it makes him to hear comments like this after 21 years, he will resist the urge to comment at this time. But check the posting handle

Hi SJan sock##.  Wacko  Sorry, that wasn't me, I didn't say anything about a student union, someone else did.  

But at least you are consistent as always, still confusing posters, and still fighting the same old battle from the past.  I still remember that BFL, it was the first long pips I used, and after all these years and lots of other pips, it was still the best long pips I ever used.  The game has changed so much since those days.  If it was allowed back, I would have to try it out, nostalgia, would be a strong motivation.  Sorry if I'm stepping on your territory.  
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
agm2020shocker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm2020shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 3:11pm

Originally posted by agm2020shocker agm2020shocker wrote:

sock##.  Wacko  Sorry, that wasn't me, I didn't say anything about a student union, someone else did.  

No it is absolutely you according to him.  He said you conveniently forgot.
You also used to deny you used Feint Long.
 I don't know who sjan is .

I never said you mentioned about student union. I did .  He said you & him played there in that house two blocks from student union at least 5 or 6 times. That is where you pulled out your Feint Long Black with Black smooth rubber first. And you used to deny you ever used Feint Long

But at least you are consistent as always, still confusing posters, and still fighting the same old battle from the past.  

Nobody is trying confuse anyone.
I just asked BAAL , what is wrong with fighting old battles . Also you yourself just said the Feint Long should be legal again & that rule is 21 years old.

Also there is not statute of limitations for .......never mind , will comment later at the right time

I still remember that BFL, it was the first long pips I used,  be a strong motivation.    

As he said, you used to deny this 

Sorry if I'm stepping on your territory.  

No problem,. I am very used to ITTF & your USATT molesting me over and over 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic