FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

BBC Reviews: 9-10-9 blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 5:07am
lol, welcome to the forum Franq. very appropriate response as I'm sure you're feeling troubled that this was the only blade you couldn't pry out of my hands
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 12:33pm
the_theologian I can understand that. My Tricarbon has a handle just like that, same shape and I find it to be quite comfy with a nice wide thumb rest. What do you think of it??

Edited by Carryboy - 03/16/2012 at 2:44pm
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

the_theologian I can understand that. My Tricarbon has a handle just like that, same shape and I find it to be some comfy with a nice wide thumb rest. What do you think of it??

man I love the handle. prior to discovering it, my favorite handle was on the burn off- flared, and prior to that, i was debating if i needed to go to a straight handle. i have wide palms and on most flared handles, the lowermost flared portion ergonomically clashes with my hand, especially when rotating from forehand to backhand.

this handle is my favorite

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by Carryboy Carryboy wrote:

the_theologian I can understand that. My Tricarbon has a handle just like that, same shape and I find it to be some comfy with a nice wide thumb rest. What do you think of it??

man I love the handle. prior to discovering it, my favorite handle was on the burn off- flared, and prior to that, i was debating if i needed to go to a straight handle. i have wide palms and on most flared handles, the lowermost flared portion ergonomically clashes with my hand, especially when rotating from forehand to backhand.

this handle is my favorite

Indeed Charlie makes really good and comfortable handles - my palm is also relatively large, I am 6'1" ... - and handles on his 9-10-9 and Ultima series blades are perfect for me.

I add a very thin layer of soft thin grip tape (Wilson Overgrip Pro Soft) to avoid slipping and the result is great.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:07pm
JimT, please stop making me want an Ultima, it's not good for my budget Smile

and btw, this 9-10-9 is literally the only blade Franq couldn't talk me out of (and he tried!)

(I officially spread the EJ virus here in Kuwait)
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:28pm
What shape type is this 9-10-9?  Is it attack1, attack2 or something else?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:35pm
Aattack2, if i am not mistaken... I could be though. My Ultimas are Attack2, that I know for sure.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

What shape type is this 9-10-9?  Is it attack1, attack2 or something else?

(going to measure it...)

it's hard to measure right now with my transferred rubbers as they are, but I'm getting about 148x157, which would be the Attack 1
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:37pm
hmm, i see JimT wrote AttackII as I was "composing".... is that what you had ordered Jim?
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:42pm
Check the handle.  I think Attack 1 has a much longer handle (according to the diagram anyway).
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:45pm

Check the handle.  I think Attack 1 has a much longer handle (according to the diagram anyway).

oh, hmm, the handle is about 103mm... guess it's a hybrid
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2012 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

oh, hmm, the handle is about 103mm... guess it's a hybrid

Sound like it's attack 2.  Mine is ~159x149, and the Handle is ~101mm (it's hard to measure the exact length LOL).
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2012 at 6:27pm
still hunting for my camera with macro setting as I settle back into the States... but in the meantime, here's some low-res pics of my new 9-10-9 which just arrived Smile

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2012 at 1:26am
Yummy. But I can see you already abandoned 9-10-9 in favor of some other blades. Traitor! Angry

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2012 at 2:10am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Yummy. But I can see you already abandoned 9-10-9 in favor of some other blades. Traitor! Angry

whoa whoa whoa.... not hardly... hahaha.... don't you see that the 9-10-9 is still in my signature?! Smile

the 9-10-9 holds the no. 1 spot for me in the composite blade category. it might also have my favorite feeling of all blades. but at my level, i'm simply playing better and developing my backhand more quickly with the Expert

the Ross Leidy blade was a most generous gift from a friend Big smile
Hamm1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2016 at 5:12pm
I am posting this review as it discusses a newly modified blade by Charlie that has some similarities to the 9-10-9 blade. < ="text/"> p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

I have recently been playing with a Quad Trip ++ produced by Blades By Charlie. Charlie is a master craftsman who takes pride in each paddle he produces. He has been making innovative, quality blades for over 40 years. I am an offensive player and have found this paddle to be a great benefit to my game. This blade has four layers of instrument grade cypress with 3 layers of nano carbon. The result is a solid, responsive, powerful blade that also has great touch and feel for the ball. I am using Evolution ELS rubber (2.1 FH and 1.9 BH).

This blade has a very large sweet spot and produces powerful shots, in addition to well controlled spin. When playing against choppers, I find that I am able to precisely place shots and counter-attack when the opportunity presents itself. When hitting from well back from the table, I am able to hit topspin shots that accelerate off the paddle and force my opponent into a defensive position. As a final added benefit, there is a distinctive sound when the ball is hit well. I am having fun as I continue to discover the improvements to my game that are possible using this paddle. 

Hamm1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic