Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DONIC "Waldner Dotec Carbon"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ucftcys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ucftcys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DONIC "Waldner Dotec Carbon"
    Posted: 03/11/2010 at 1:50am
Has anyone tried DONIC "Waldner Dotec Carbon" or DONIC "Persson Dotec Carbokev"? The grip is special. How is the feeling?
Sponsored Links

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 2:29am
it's a light (low 80s) blade that has a hard feeling. it's really fast; OFF+ for sure.
your typical carbon blade with more flex than primorac carbon, but as hard.
pingpongpaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2010 at 2:12pm
HI
A few years ago I got a Donic Waldenr Dotec Carbon blade for chirstmas I just cannot tell if it is a left handed blade or a right handed one. How are you even ment to hold these blades?

Paul

Please reply asap
Blade: Stiga OFF NCT (Penhold)

Forehand: DHS Hurricane 3 NEO 2.15
Backhand Coppa X1 turbo hard

GLUE: COPYDEX YEY SOO CHEAP DIY TT ftw the win:)
MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2010 at 6:10am
I've tried the Persson Carbon version and its awesome. If you are talking about just the grip, its good. It can actually be held reverse of the appropriate way as well. The cork must feel better the longer you use it since it should conform to your hand, and there are no sharp edges.

The right way to hold this blade is like a regular shakehand, in the photo above the blade face is showing forehand.
van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2010 at 6:28am
Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

The right way to hold this blade is like a regular shakehand, in the photo above the blade face is showing forehand.

No it's not, the right way is the logo towards the backhand, if you hold the logo on the backhand you'll see that position of the forehand is way more closed, your backhand is more open. Trust me on this one. If play the Hinoki version of this blade for over a year now, and before that the Personn Off version. It feels way and way better with the logo on your backhand!
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2010 at 10:14am
Originally posted by van_doorn van_doorn wrote:

Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

No it's not, the right way is the logo towards the backhand, if you hold the logo on the backhand you'll see that position of the forehand is way more closed, your backhand is more open. Trust me on this one. If play the Hinoki version of this blade for over a year now, and before that the Personn Off version. It feels way and way better with the logo on your backhand!

Van_Doorn, you are 100% correct. Donic now even place a sticker on the oppisite side of the logo stating its the Forhand side.

You wouldnt believe how many people hold it the wrong way.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2010 at 11:13am
Here is another way to say it.

let's pretend the handle is a banana: the exterior of the curve goes to the palm; the interioor of the curve is for the fingers to grip.

despoticwalnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote despoticwalnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2010 at 11:38am
I tried to hold a buddies the wrong way and he corrected me. If you hold it correctly it just feels great. Fits right into your palm.
Petr Korbel An
FH:Roxon 450 2.0
BH:Sriver FX 2.1
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2010 at 11:49am
Great feeling on handle !!!
geoco53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoco53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2010 at 11:41pm
Greetings,

How do you tell left from right?  The only difference I can see is the angle at the bottom of the  handle.

In this photo, which blade is right handed and which is left?

silverhair View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2010 at 12:49am
Originally posted by geoco53 geoco53 wrote:

Greetings,

How do you tell left from right?  The only difference I can see is the angle at the bottom of the  handle.

In this photo, which blade is right handed and which is left?

Stripe on the handle goes against the palm.  The racket on the right is for right-handed players.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2010 at 12:51am
I use a Dotec Hinoki.  Best blade I've ever used.  Handle is just right for me.
geoco53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoco53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2010 at 2:55am
Thanks for the reply but........

The stripe isn't the answer for handedness.  I can just as easily have the blade on the left side of my photo in my right hand with the stripe against my palm.

geoco53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoco53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2010 at 8:15am
Here is the photo of the blades in question.  Relabled A and B to try and avoid left right side of photo vs left right handed.

Thanks.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2010 at 9:31am
A is a left handed blade, B is a right handed blade.

In both cases the donic logo is palm side.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
geoco53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoco53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2010 at 10:57am
Again thanks for any posts.  I am not trying to start a war, but I am trying to figure out who is correct.

Dandoy Sports sent me blade "A" as a right handed blade.  It was unlabled.

Paddle Palace sent me blade "B" as a right handed blade.  It was labled as such.

But, TT Pioneers (web info only, I have not yet contacted them directly)
shows "A" is right hand and "B" is left hand.  Take a look here.

Donic's web site isn't specific.  Look at the lower left picture at the link below and read the text and see what you think.

I have contacted Donic via an email and am awaiting their (hopefully definitive) reply.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2010 at 11:08am
TTP is wrong.  Dandoy is wrong.  PP is correct.  The Donic box PP used was marked correctly.  

Just tell PPT to check a Dotec box and correct their web site.  

geoco53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoco53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2010 at 11:49am
I am in contact with Donic and should be able to post an answer from them shortly. 

For those who own a Dotec blade.  I would be interested in knowing from whom you purchased it (dealer) and whether or not it had a label on the blade indicating right hand fore or left hand fore.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2010 at 9:54am
Got my Dotec Hinoki from SuperStoreAsia.com / pingpongonline.com.  Box was labeled correctly and appeared to be the original sealed box.  The orientation was identical to the orientation of other Dotec blades, I've purchased from U.S. dealers including Dotec Appelgren and Dotec Waldner AR.  The stripe along the handle goes against the palm, the long side of the handle toward the wrist.  

Why would you want the curved side of the blade facing away from your hand losing contact with your palm?  Or alternately, why would you want the short side of the handle being too short for your hand while the long side is hanging out well past your little finger?  

Face the fact that TTP (in their illustration) and Dandoy (in the merchandise they sent) are both wrong, Paddle Palace is correct.  You can get verification from Donic, they will only state the same thing.   

To summarize, in the Geco's picture, "A" is a left-hand blade, "B" is a right-hand blade.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2010 at 10:12am
I bought my first one from Megaspin (who knows where they got it from) and it was labeled correctly.

I bought my 2nd one from tabletennispioneers, and although the web site is wrong, the correct blade arrived.

pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2010 at 8:33pm
I have owned both blades, along with persson dotec offensive.  Currently I am playing with persson carbokev with h3 neo pronvincial fh and tenergy 64 bh.  It is a great blade. Fast with good control.
The waldner dotec carbon was okay, but I prefer the faster persson.  The only caveat is that the handle is the weak point.  I have had the cork part come out and the wood crack in 2 dotec blades.  Both were repaired with epoxy.  Not just me, others who own dotecs have the same problem.  But the cork is really
comfortable in the hand.
geoco53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoco53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2010 at 9:09am

Sorry for the delay.  Donic sent me some conflicting information initially that had to be sorted out.

Silverhair is correct.  Blade "A" is left handed.  "B" is right handed.  The stripe should be against the palm.

I bought my correct blade from Paddle Palace.  They responded immediately to my concern about which blade was correct.  They were also instrumental in getting me connected with the right person at Donic to clarify things.

Dandoy Sports sent me the wrong blade, unlabeled in a "Butterfly" box.  My two emails to them asking to remedy this error have been ignored.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2010 at 8:03pm
i sent an email to TTP asking them to correct their website last week. haven't heard back from them yet.

Edited by icontek - 07/17/2010 at 8:42pm
zakc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zakc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2011 at 7:38am
hey i brought a waldner dotec carbon from dandoy sport and recieved picture b when i asked 4 right handed but it was not labelled
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2011 at 11:05am
you got right handed.  Tibhar genius +optimum  & nianmor rubbers work great with these blades
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic