Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS Hurricane Hao

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS Hurricane Hao
    Posted: 03/11/2010 at 2:54am
Is this blade elastic like Yasaka Gatien Extra of Stiga Offensive CR or hard like DHS Dipper? Does it bent after hitting? What about the speed? Is OFF ++ really OFF++? Wicht blade has similar speed like the Hurricane Hao? Has the blade got control and has it got power and strength away from the table, in the distant game?
Sponsored Links

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 3:04am
the HH should be pretty hard like the YEO and HK.  Im sure it has pretty good control like the HK and plenty of power even from mid table.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 1:50pm

I like hh656 better than hh for shakehand.

For the bh, in my opinion hh lacks solidness.

I like hh656 very much. I do not like hh that much.

Both are off, not off++. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2010 at 2:21pm
I am bad at comparing and reviewing but HH656 is not an easy blade to play with.. my first blade was TBS which had arylate and second was Amultart.. so I never played with all wood before, HH656 is a bad experience for my FH and great for BH. 2-3 weeks of play and I still can't adjust as good as I did with TBS.
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 12:11pm
Any more comments? :(
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 1:03pm

keep on trying sallom. It takes long time but the good is there also in the fh.

It took me almost 1/2 year. As you said it is not easy blade.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2010 at 4:17pm
hh has harder feeling than yasaka extra or off cr. hh has worse control. 
EJ Club.

zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 12:52am
hh is rather hard to control.. therefore a rubbing approach
of loop is preferred and safer..
hard blade due to extra compressing technique during making
of the plys.. therefore a concentrated feeling @ the handle..
it can be a powerful blade if u can control it..

if not yeo or nct shd be the better choice..

corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 6:51am
Does the hh have elasticity? Does it bend or it stays solid and stable after the hit? Does it have vibrations? Maybe an example for blade that does not bend is TSP Hino Carbo Power. Is HH similar?
zheyi if the written equipment about Wang Hao is true, you have similar equipment to his :). HH with Skyline how does it go?

But I consider Hao still uses the same blade. There was a photo on the his two blades with HH and Dipper handles but the wood of the blades looked similar(dark brown). While the hh is gray :( .
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 10:39am
i would say it vibrate alot compare to other blades..
im not sure if bends or solid, but i thinks its quite soft..
you have to use your strength type.. its a rather no strength blade..
so u need to rub instead to play with (if its your style of play)..

the 2 bat shd be the same one with diff handles only..

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 12:05pm
Even being a user of HH"656" I can't describe how it plays, and I would like to hear more about HH or HH656.

Hurricane Hao III
dirty2player View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirty2player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 12:25pm
good blade. the only downfall is the close to the net play
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by dirty2player dirty2player wrote:

good blade. the only downfall is the close to the net play

I don't think so, it plays great over the table with my setup.. GREAT. My only problem with this blade is that I lost my FH..

Hurricane Hao III
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 1:23pm
yes.. its a rub only blade.. that has no much power, especially
if u uses chinese rubber..
unless u uses a tension rubber..
656 shd be better, while hh is no better.. 
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 1:23pm
as in close net, i think d2p means forehand flip etc
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 1:29pm
Maybe Wang Hao does not use such a blade. His is very powerul. Maybe it is specially made for him but the color is dark brown.

So you should make good strokes and hit hard with the hh to produce nice shots.
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

yes.. its a rub only blade.. that has no much power, especially
if u uses chinese rubber..

unless u uses a tension rubber..

656 shd be better, while hh is no better..�

I wonder what makes it like that? high throw, low control or HIGH speed? I don't find this blade slower than my TBS.. but I can't say it is Amultart..actually my FH was better with Amultart.

As for Flicks it is good too! (with TG3)

Hurricane Hao III
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by corsuse corsuse wrote:

Maybe Wang Hao does not use such a blade. His is very powerul. Maybe it is specially made for him but the color is dark brown.

So you should make good strokes and hit hard with the hh to produce nice shots.

I took this picture of Wang Hao while training, I guess he doesn't complete a full loop motion unless he is far-mid distance from the table otherwise he would finish his loop "short" for close to the table spin oriented shots.

About the color of the outer ply, I can say that you can't be sure what he is using and the color of it.. I was watching him live, 2-1 meter away while he was warming up and couldn't even see his blade well. He pulled it out few hits then straight back to the bag while he was in Kuwait open.

It was also hard for me to see the outer ply (I wanted to identify the handle badly but couldn't) because his fingers were hugging the blade well and it was sanded a lot.

At the time I didn't have proper lenses for this environment, hopefully I will if he will be here in the next edition Kuwait open.

Hurricane Hao III
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 3:23pm
If Wang Hao uses the Hurricane Hao from this photo( http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/New/20080202_215645_wang_reserve.jpg ) the outer surface isn't gray. It's strange but it means that he uses the same blade as he used to use with the Dipper handle.
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by corsuse corsuse wrote:

If Wang Hao uses the Hurricane Hao from this photo( http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/New/20080202_215645_wang_reserve.jpg ) the outer surface isn't gray. It's strange but it means that he uses the same blade as he used to use with the Dipper handle.

HH656 isn't very light gray, we still can't be sure :/
I really regret not having closeup shots at his blade :(

Hurricane Hao III
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 8:13pm

I have played some time with the dipper and it is a lot easier blade than hh656. The dipper is quite thick. It has a curious 2nd ply totally diferent from a yeo blade and has good control. and it is very stiff but softer than hh656.

The dipper it is very interesting blade and not expensive. Wang hao took long time to switch from dipper to hh in the glue era. the dipper is thicker and i think better suited in this no glue era than hh.

EJ Club.

zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 8:28pm
wanghao pasted his rubber quite near to handle!

wont surprise if its a custom made for him as
manufacturer is dhs in china... but the one we
bought shouldnt be too far from it..

and yes, tg3 can do rather good flick..

i think its the matter of getting use to it than which blade
is suitable in which era.. as long its your style of play..

nice photos sallom89!!!Clap
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2010 at 8:30pm
we can see ma long is practising with a lady friend too..
who is she? :D as curious
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2010 at 3:18am
Thanks Zheyi

I think they were just sharing the table, those ladies were there before the Chinese mens team arrive.

Hurricane Hao III
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 2:00pm
Which blade is stiffer HH or HH656? I know HH656 is thicker and heavier but is it stiffer? Can it be possible one HH to be stiffer and heavier than another?
Member of the Wang Hao Ownss fan club :).
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 5:23pm
I played a shakehand 2300usatt, with hurricane hao+tenergy 05. His close to table play was excellent. If you get this blade, you need a high quality rubber. Tenergy or Provincial dhs rubber. 
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 5:29pm
Do you have any explanation why yoo need a high quality rubber?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 5:51pm
I'm sorry I only meant that for very high players. HH+Tenergy would probably be too much for me to handle(I'm 2000 usatt) However, HH+a cheap dhs rubber such as the commercial neos, is like playing with crap. Unless, you want to flat hit everything. For the people in the 1000-1500 range, this setup is awesome. Super control on passive shots. 
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2010 at 6:05pm
Yes, I wanted to know why do you think playing with HH + dhs neo is like playing with crap? What might be the reason for that?

Personally, I am now playing with HH and H2 Neo and find the combination very good with enough spin and much control but I haven't tried a rubber with higher quality to make a comparison.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2010 at 6:52am
The commercial neos are excellent rubbers for its price range. Great on control, learning strokes, and serving. But it can not compare to Tenergy 05, unless you boost your commercial neos.  I don't know your level, but don't make an equipment jump too soon. If you're playing with commercial neos unboosted, don't jump to Tenergy 05 2.1! It will f up your strokes/mechanics. Try Tenergy 1.7 or Spin art. Tenergy 2.1 is too hard to control for me, I use 1.9 and sometimes think it's too fast. I have laughs, but feel pity, when I play people using Tenergy in the 1000-1500 usatt range. They can not return 90% of my serves, and make so many errors, and all with crappy looking technique. It makes bageling them easy. A 1500 usatt using a control set up/hurricane neo, is much harder to play, because they can return serves, and make a lot more shots.

Edited by popperlocker - 11/03/2010 at 7:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic