FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Korbel vs Korbel Speed vs Korbel SK7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Korbel vs Korbel Speed vs Korbel SK7
    Posted: 03/19/2010 at 4:47pm
Can someone do a detailed review of korbel speed and korbel sk7 compaired to petr korbel original. i had one but of thinking of upgrading... but not sure if its worth it or not. Smile
TIA
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Sponsored Links

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 5:14pm
I've owned all 3 at different points in time. I used Petr Korbel the longest, and I sold the other 2 pretty fast, so my review is biased:

Korbel Speed is a fast 5-ply wood blade, with some flexibilty for spin because of its 5.6mm thickness. (You can feel the blade flex when you pull a rubber off.) It has a very low throw angle and while it doesn't have huge acceleration, its pretty fast once the ball gets going. To me it felt like it was stuck in med and high gear... Maybe a little too bouncy.

Korbel SK7 is a thick 7-ply wood blade. Its not flexible at all, and I find it very stiff to play with. The limba gives it some feeling, and its semi-fast like you would expect from a thick 7-ply, but it doesn't have lots of top speed. I owned one that was 89g, but it felt like it weighed 95g. Its a brick, for people who like thick woody blades.

Petr Korbel has higher throw angle than both. Its not much slower than Korbel Speed but the balls have a bigger arch, so you could say the ball reaches its destination slower than with a Korbel Speed. Petr Korbel has better feel than the other 2, and its better in the short game. The only thing Petr Korbel doesn't do better is probably blocking. It almost has too much touch, so blocks sometimes fall short. Petr Korbel also has the best balance compared to the other 2, eventhough its headsize is bigger.

If you want to upgrade from Petr Korbel, maybe look into a Innerforce ZLC... That blade plays very similar to a Petr Korbel. Innerforce ZLC is like Petr Korbel's younger brother who's faster and has more spin, while the K. SK7 and K. Speed are just cousins.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 6:41pm

nice descriptions. thanx

i wondering if i should upgrade or stick with a petr korbel... i broke my ST korbel and thinking of getting a FL one.

strongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2010 at 8:14pm
I've used the Korbel for a short while and been using the Korbel SK7 for the past 7-8 months.

Korbel SK7 is thinner compared to a clipper or joola viva, around 6mm. The blade I am using (with T64) has a lot of feedback and heaps of control. There is enough speed here to put away winners and smash.

The one feature of the Korbel I did not like is the way it pop's the ball out at medium speed without you doing anything. This was adding speed when I didn't want it. The SK7 is very linear, what you put in you get out. Both these blades about the same top end speed (Korbel maybe a bit more)

SK7 is very stable on the short game and blocking, offers enough flex when looping to aid in generating spin.

I've used many blades and this is one of my all time fav's.

Mine's looking very beaten up, I put off buying another one in case it plays differently to the one I've got. Butterfly are usually pretty good with their consistency though.
Blade: Viscaria
Rubber: FH Tenergy 80, BH Tenergy 80

Trading Feedback
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2010 at 12:30am
I've played the three of them. I think Korbel speed has Koto as outer ply (not sure...) instead of Limba.
Ksk7 isn't a "brick". I agree with strongpong. It's a thin 7 plies blade with a lot of feel extremly well balanced. I've had one 84gr and currently have one 88gr. Paired with 42� tensors or T64 it's a looping maching and also a nice blocking blade. It's a bit faster than Korbel, stiffer too. Feel is more comparable to clipper than to Korbel.
Korbel speed didn't impress me much. It's an OK blade but nothing to do with Korbel or Ksk7. it reminds me Korbel magichand. It's a bit faster and stiffer than Korbel too but provides different feel. I played 2 sessions with it. Very nice looking blade though.
If you want an "7 plies upgraded version" of your Korbel, I would rather advice Avalox p700. The feel is closer to your old Korbel than Korbel sk7.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/21/2010 at 12:07am

can someone compare the FL handles of those 3 ? i had a Korbel ST and it was great but i want to get a FL handle... i heard the FL korbel is tiny and narrow for larger hand ppl

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic