Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Innerforce ZLC-cs T05/T64 review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bravefest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravefest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Innerforce ZLC-cs T05/T64 review
    Posted: 03/26/2010 at 1:26pm
My impressions on playing with an Innerforce ZLC-cs using Tenergy 05 on forehand and Tenergy 64 on backhand.  I used 1.9mm sponge on both.

Weight - This blade is quite heavy despite 1.9mm sponge.  This is a much more top heavy blade than my Firehand-cs.

Pushing - I am finding a good push quite difficult with this combo.  I'm not sure if it's both the Tenergy and the blade, but you really need to hit into the ball to get a good response.  With a loose push, it's hard to get a decent amount of spin on the ball and keep it short.  There's also a significant amount of vibration and it sounds very 'woody'.

Looping - Wow.  The harder you hit with this blade, the better it feels.  On a full forehand loop, the wood sound becomes more crisp, and the vibration disappears.  I normally play with a one ply hinoki jpen, and I can say the spin from this setup makes me want to retire my jpen permanently.

Off the bounce counter-hitting - Okay, this is my biggest problem with this blade.  As a penholder, this is one of the staples of my game and one that will take a bit of adaption.  Since I really need to hit into the ball to get a good response, a shorter stroke becomes less desirable.  With a quick hit, I'm feeling more vibration and much less control.  With this combo, I would prefer to take a step back and use a full loop rather than take a shot off the bounce.

My conclusions - This combination is made for a two-winged looper.  Using full swings from a few feet away from the table produces a great feeling and excellent control.  Strangely enough, the larger my swing, the more control I feel in my shots.  I would not recommend this setup for anyone interested in speed over spin.  I prefer the 05 over 64 on this blade, although both seem to work well.  I would expect to see this blade gain more popularity among Euro loopers than penholders.

Sponsored Links

onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2010 at 1:36pm
Thanks for the review.

I am trying to play chinese close table style. As you said this blade does not perform well off the bounce performance I will not consider buying it
Frindship F-1
Forhand: Hurricane 3 39
Backhand: Haifu Shark III pink sponge
bravefest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravefest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2010 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by onurzaim onurzaim wrote:

Thanks for the review.

I am trying to play chinese close table style. As you said this blade does not perform well off the bounce performance I will not consider buying it

It's probably the ZL fiber.  I've tried some all carbons like Primorac and T5000 and those are the exact opposite (feel amazing off the bounce but hard to control on a wide loop).
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2010 at 6:50am
I think I will be waiting for Innerforce ALC and AL. T5000 is fast for me at the moment.
Frindship F-1
Forhand: Hurricane 3 39
Backhand: Haifu Shark III pink sponge
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2010 at 6:59am
how do you compare this to 1 ply Hinoki on dwell time and control...?
thx...
i am interested in this...
thx..
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
bravefest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravefest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2010 at 7:47am
Originally posted by bagung bagung wrote:

how do you compare this to 1 ply Hinoki on dwell time and control...?
thx...
i am interested in this...
thx..

Well, I've been hitting with a Cypress-S with Omega III 2.1mm

On the ZLC, it feels like it pops right off the blade, but there's still a ton of spin on it.  On my Cypress-S, there's much more dwell time.  My hinoki also has a very consistent feel to it regardless of how hard you're hitting...this is not the case at all with the Innerforce ZLC.

In terms of control, I'm having a ton of trouble controlling the Innerforce.  It's a lot harder to do a short, spinny serve with this blade than I'm used to on my hinoki.  The Innerforce ZLF (without the carbon ply) may actually be much better for this.
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2010 at 8:14am
I like the comment about hitting harder and then finally it is crisp, I started to notice that with my zlf with 05 and bryce speed fx
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
funpingpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funpingpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2010 at 10:24am

Pls you give comments and the way to play with Innerforce ZLC shake hand!

Have anyone used Innerforce ZLC shakehand with chinese rubbers?

Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic