FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review : H3 National White Package

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review : H3 National White Package
    Posted: 03/28/2010 at 7:24am
Thickness: 2.15 mm
Hardness: 40 Degree
Tested on: Violin L-sized ST

H3 National: 47 gr
Violin L-sized: 87 gr
Tenergy 05: 47
Total: 181 gr which is a very balanced setup, not head heavy

This rubber isn't tuned, it's for speed glue era before the Neo Hurricane series. The weight after cut on Violin L-sized (Head size is smaller than normal Violin) is 47 gr, which is considered heavier than H3 Provincial and H3 Neo Provincial.

Using Haifu Water Based Glue:

Looping
: Compared to my Hking 655 + Blue H3 39 deg Neo setup, it's slower and feels harder, but it's more spinny.
Slow loop is better than my Hking 655 setup, but when do loop kill, it lacks of killing power, my loop kill is easily blocked back.

Smashing: Worse than my Hking setup, since Violin is slower than Hking 655 and the sponge of H3 National White Package has more dead feel than the blue Neo. Against my friend who is a good lobber, I can't smash hard to win the point, I loose to him badly with my Violin Setup, also loose to him with my Hking 655 setup but not so bad LOL

Short Game and Serving: The H3 National White package has more tacky topsheet than the blue Neo H3 National, produce more heavy underspin ball on serving and pushing.

Blocking: Can't do passive block, must block it with follow through. Harder to return opponent's smash with H3 National white package. With Blue H3 Neo is better.

I found my Violin+ H3 National isn't fast enough for speed glue ban, so mytt friend suggest me to tune the H3 National White package with Baby Oil!!!!

Tuned with 3 layers of Baby Oil after putting 6 layers of Haifu WBG:

The first impression after I glued it on the blade, the sponge feels softer and livelier which doesn't feel like chinese rubber. I feels like hard japanese rubber with tacky top sheet.

Looping: The way chinese rubber produce spin is through the top sheet and the sponge must be hard and firm, other wise it will just like japanese/euro rubber shich produce spin with combination of top sheet and sponge. Tuning the H3 National white package with Baby oil makes the sponge softer, looping with it must just like looping with japanese rubber (combination of topsheet and sponge). Looping becomes faster but also produce sufficient spin (not as spinny as untuned)

Compared to Hking 655 setup, the tuned H3 National feels faster on looping alhough violin is a slower blade than Hking 655.

Smashing: Violin Setup is as powerfull as Hking 655 after tuned, the sponge is more springy, produce a wonderfull smash against lob.

Short game and Serving
: It takes time to change the way I serve. Normaly brushing the ball with top sheet produce plenty of spin, but now after tuning, it produce less spin. I must hit it deeper inside the sponge just like japan/euro rubber to be able to produce heavy underspin servers.
Short game feels bouncier and need to adjust.

Blocking: Passive blocking is easy as using Japan/euro rubber, the sponge really change from dead feel to more bouncy/livelier feel. No need follow through and don't have difficulties in blocking when opponent smash hard.

Summary
: This speed glue version of H3 needs tuning/speed glue for better performance. Compared to H3 Provincial #20 Sponge, the H3 National White package has better quality sponge, the top sheet is tackier than the Provincial.
This rubber needs tuning, Neo doesn't. Tuning it with baby oil is cheap and produce a speed glue feel which last 2 weeks. I put it on vacuum zip lock bag to lengthen the tuned effect.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2010 at 4:52pm
Very interesting...

But ewww mushy sponge...
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2010 at 8:30pm
very good  comparative review.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2010 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

Very interesting...

But ewww mushy sponge...

From 40 degree hardness it become equivalent 38-39 deg hardness.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 3:53pm
I'm looking at my H3 National versus H3 Provincial, both bought from ttnpp. It's odd, but the National orange sponge is of a lighter color than the Provincial orange sponge, and the National has smaller, more closed-spaced pips. I'm surprised it is actually different. They both play amazing, however. Extremely good quality rubbers, but both sponge and topsheet are different.

Edited by LGL_fan - 12/03/2011 at 3:54pm
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2011 at 5:08pm
a couple of tips
1. it takes about 4-5-6 months of continual play for h3 to really break in.
2. when you apply the oil for boosting, use speed glue for attaching. makes the effect many times better.

Edited by sa01 - 12/03/2011 at 5:09pm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 4:18am
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

a couple of tips
2. when you apply the oil for boosting, use speed glue for attaching. makes the effect many times better.

a tip.

forget about this h3 nightmare.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 4:54am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

a couple of tips

a tip.

... uh, if I have to play continually for 4-6 months before a rubber breaks in, I'll choose another rubber
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 10:33am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

a couple of tips

a tip.

... uh, if I have to play continually for 4-6 months before a rubber breaks in, I'll choose another rubber

with time it becomes a faster and softer rubber...
but yeah, you have to commit to it.
it's not a rubber for ejs LOL
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 10:37am
Originally posted by LGL_fan LGL_fan wrote:

I'm looking at my H3 National versus H3 Provincial, both bought from ttnpp. It's odd, but the National orange sponge is of a lighter color than the Provincial orange sponge, and the National has smaller, more closed-spaced pips. I'm surprised it is actually different. They both play amazing, however. Extremely good quality rubbers, but both sponge and topsheet are different.

Pretty good sign that they were made in different factories from different molds.

To contrast:
My provincials from ttnpp/prottc have same pip structure as my commercials but the topsheet is thinner slightly and the rubber formulation seems more more elastic and supple when stretched, and the sponge is lighter, although it looks almost the same.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 10:52am

a couple of tips

a tip.

+1 Why put oneself through this mess? 
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 10:54am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Originally posted by LGL_fan LGL_fan wrote:

Pretty good sign that they were made in different factories from different molds.

To contrast:
My provincials from ttnpp/prottc have same pip structure as my commercials but the topsheet is thinner slightly and the rubber formulation seems more more elastic and supple when stretched, and the sponge is lighter, although it looks almost the same.

May not even be the real thing. Has anyone verified that ttnpp is a licensed dealer for YinHe rubber. I couldn't find them on the English translated version of YinhHe's website. Just curious.

Edited by richrf - 12/04/2011 at 10:55am
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 11:50am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

a couple of tips

a tip.

some people like using h3 and some don't...

Edited by sa01 - 12/04/2011 at 11:51am
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

You gotta understand that some of us only know how to use this rubber.  All our hours of training have been to craft and polish a stroke meant to bring out the best for this rubber and the type of spin and power we can generate greatly reflect that.  Plus you're stroke isn't fit for H3 so you wouldn't understand.  Notice how drastically different Ma Long's fh is compared to Boll's?

Actually, I believe that H3 plays best when it is relatively new.  Meaning the initial super tackiness goes away and the sponge is still nice and hard.  I haven't used my H3 for 4 months, but I'm pretty sure it was well broken in with 2 weeks of play.

Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 9:42pm

a couple of tips

you mean 6 months for H3 to be really broken?

I would say 6 to 10 hours of play shall break in the rubber
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
Fruit loop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruit loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by atv atv wrote:

a couple of tips

I really don't feel the same way. I feel they die after 10 days of play and they're best during the first 2 days of play.
Timo Boll Spirit FL
Dr Evil ox both sides.
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

a couple of tips

I really don't feel the same way. I feel they die after 10 days of play and they're best during the first 2 days of play.

You are feeling the same way like a proTongue maybe you are using 39 degree?  I found 39 H3 playable right out of the box
YEO
Senkoh-1
LGL_fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LGL_fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 11:15pm
I have a 39 degree and you can play with it just like a euro rubber. It is easy to play with right out of the package with a couple layers of tuner.

Edited by LGL_fan - 12/04/2011 at 11:15pm
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Fruit loop Fruit loop wrote:

a couple of tips

Remember that Sebas tunes the heck out of his rubber, so maybe after 6 months of tuning, he achieves an effect that he likes.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 11:41am
I like H3 National with Neo top sheet rather than old top sheet. It's easier to play, break in faster, not as spinny as the old topsheet but better, not too sensitive from incoming spin, better for smashing.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 12:22pm
Just so you know, the white packaging version is not ACTUALLY national version h3. Its just really close and DHS brings this out to sell it. Real national team members wont be using this white packaged h3. You'll notice that all of the white packaging national h3s that there is that DHS hologram which proves that the purpose of making that product is to sell. Real national team equipment doesnt have that hologram because it's used to sell so theres no point in making that hologram

BTW, the h3 that the national team uses is faster than the national h3 in that white package.

Someone also mentioned above that you dont need to tune neo which is also untrue. The tuning that comes with neo is pretty bad, in fact is barely even tuned. I have some sheets from the actual national team and the neo sheets look like they were acidentally tined, theres hardly anything on it. Beyond that, some people tune their h3 twice. Dian Chi is what the national team uses and unless you're using Dian Chi, your tuner is probably not good enough to fully expand the rubber the first time throgh. After you've broken through or played to the point where its expanded (not sure how to descibe this in english but Im pretty sure everyone knows what im talking about) you can tune it again and that is when it is tuned the most. However, it still wont be tuned as well as Dian Chi.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 9:49pm
Alink91, do you have actual national H3 for sale? how far is the diff with the white package national?
Well now I still can't adapt playing with H3 tuned with Dian chi, most of the time when I use full power the ball fly out of the table.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 10:00pm
Like said before there is H3 Nat for sale and there is H3 Nat for CNT players, the most reliable way of getting H3 NAT is from DHS website links at $55 and they are all non NEO and with white packages
YEO
Senkoh-1
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by alink91 alink91 wrote:

Just so you know, the white packaging version is not ACTUALLY national version h3. Its just really close and DHS brings this out to sell it. Real national team members wont be using this white packaged h3. You'll notice that all of the white packaging national h3s that there is that DHS hologram which proves that the purpose of making that product is to sell. Real national team equipment doesnt have that hologram because it's used to sell so theres no point in making that hologram

I think it depends on the latest version of national.
Now there's hologram in Malong's TG3 and wang Hao TG3

http://www.prott.cc/shop/Detailed.aspx?d=WangHaoTG3

http://www.prott.cc/shop/Detailed.aspx?d=MaLongTG3
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ttplayer92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 12:41am
Assuming that the stuff they are selling actually belongs to Ma Long or Wang Hao
Butterfly Viscaria
FH Globe 999 National
BH Xiom Vega Pro
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 12:46am
Originally posted by ttplayer92 ttplayer92 wrote:

Assuming that the stuff they are selling actually belongs to Ma Long or Wang Hao

Well I believe so, the owner is former Guang Zhou provincial team.
I have seen his picture with Ma Long, Ma Long become his team adviser during local team tournament in Guang Zhou.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ttplayer92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplayer92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 12:54am
I was not aware of that. Yet it seems a little shady that he can obtain so much equipment used by the CNT
Butterfly Viscaria
FH Globe 999 National
BH Xiom Vega Pro
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 1:05am
Originally posted by ttplayer92 ttplayer92 wrote:

I was not aware of that. Yet it seems a little shady that he can obtain so much equipment used by the CNT

Most of the equipment isn't the latest one that the player use. For example the H2 National that WLQ use which is quite sometime ago. DHS gives many rubbers to each player, and not all of them is used.
The rubber quantity is very limited.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Alink91, do you have actual national H3 for sale? how far is the diff with the white package national?
Well now I still can't adapt playing with H3 tuned with Dian chi, most of the time when I use full power the ball fly out of the table.

I have actual national h3, but they're suppose to be for some freinds of mine. Its incredibly hard to get so its super expensive anyways. Its not actually all THAT different. The real national h3 is just a little faster thats all. The spin is very very similar, most people shouldnt be able to tell the difference between white package and real national neo.

As far as the hologram goes, I only know that this is true for h3. I dont have any experience with TG so I wouldnt know, though I have to say, I highly doubt that its real. I remember looking at the sponge for one of these sites selling national wanghao/wlq or whoevers equipment and I was doubting that it was real just based on the sponge. There are also like a million former provincial players in China so I still dont really trust it.
alink91 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alink91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2011 at 2:21pm
As it regards to Dian Chi, just so you know a lot of people pour half it out and mix it with something else so you only get a half a bottle of real Dian Chi. This way the seller gets to sell 2 bottles of Dian Chi with one bottle. I dont know where you get yours from but hopefully its real/pure.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic