Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: Ludeack Power

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Ludeack Power
    Posted: 03/30/2010 at 8:47am
I got a Ludeack Power. I was trying to get the pro version and at the end i got a Ludeack Power with same plys structure as the pro version. Though i do not know if it is the pro.

I read some information about the blade some time ago. like it was a 7 ply clipper with better wood quality.

In my opinion they are different blades. ludeack with more solid and quality wood but it does not mean with better performance than clipper. Some people will like more clipper even the wood is not same quality and solidness. 

The blade is a quality blade in the sense that wood is solid wood quality and craftmanship is very good. I think nittaku is getting a high position about wood quality blades.

The FL handle is well designed (I fear nittaku handles), it is comfortable, and the weight balance is also good (not head heavy). Overall weight is around 92 gr. and the blade feels a little heavy.

This blade is not a clipper. It is solid wood. It is an offensive 7 ply.
Clipper has more control and dwell time and same fast.

So the main difference between clipper and ludeack is wood solidness.

Ludeack is a full offensive 7 ply. It is a blade one needs to train with. It is not easy control blade. It is a mid distance looping blade.

Tenergy rubbers match well with Ludeack power.

This is a blade for high level players. Have to be well trained. The blade has solid power.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

ChopSmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChopSmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2010 at 1:50pm
People will actually pay over $100 Dollars US for an all-wood blade??
Dawei Genote S
FH Nittaku Hammond Pro β
BH Yasaka Mark V
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2010 at 4:00pm

I do not know if people actually pay more than 100 $ for an allwood blade but i didnt pay 1 $ for buying a hammond pro to play in a yasaka ma lin carbon.

let people buy and pay. and let the very small tt business run. all that stuff about few $ depends on the rewarding result for everyone. at this rate no one with some $ is going to show round here.

The business a tt seller or manufacturer is doing at present everywhere is very small.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2010 at 4:03pm
Master,which rubbers ,do you think will work with this blade well?Soft,medium hard?I like to try this one day,but I am sure one can find a lighter blade,may be in 86-88 gr range.
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2010 at 4:03pm
ejmaster:

Thanks for the review. Have you used a regular Ludeack (not Ludeack Power)? If so, how do the three compare (Ludeack, Ludeack Power, and Clipper)?

Thanks!

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2010 at 4:30pm

hi holda,

in my opinion can play with a wide range of rubber hardness. But particularly with tenergy 05, 64 like rubbers the blade plays very well.

sure it can be found 88 gr. ludeack power.

the wood is solid and matches really well with tenergy like rubber. and the same with hexer or vega or barracuda or genius, etc.

Anton, i do not have ludeack, but compared to clipper, ludeack power has more solid wood than clipper. clipper is softer with more dwell time and has more control.

ludeack power is a powerful solid good quality wood blade. the feeling when hitting is very solid and powerful but it will take time to master the blade.

i have spent several testing sessions with the blade before the review. At the beginning i liked the powerful feeling a lot. Then i found hard to control. Then i keep training and feel the potential.

Now i like a lot the powerful fh looping with tenergy in this blade, but have to train other strokes.

btwy, i usually have tenergy rubber but the same with tenergy can apply to other rubbers like hexer or vega or barracuda,...

EJ Club.

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2010 at 4:38pm
oh,very good.i did have a clipper once,but it kind was a dead blade-there was no feel and i didn't like playing Bh shots with it.when hitting the ball hard,not looping,the ball flew like a rocket.fl.handle was also very uncomfortable.i think i would have tolerated it better if i had gotten a blade with a straight handle.
Ludeac Power seems very appealing at tak9.com
Be right back...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2010 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by ChopSmash ChopSmash wrote:

People will actually pay over $100 Dollars US for an all-wood blade??

Darker Speed 90 is around $160, Nittaku Acoustic L will cost you around $190, Violin - around $150 etc. Yes people do pay that money for an all-wood blade - not that they really have to because they can find something similar cheaper but a lot of people find it's worth it especially if they have actually tried some of these blades before.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2010 at 7:05am
today it comes first match plays. It took some time drilling tests till achieve most strokes getting used. Even so i expected to score lower than more trained blades.

well the score went better than expected winning overall 14 - 12 games over tough and experienced partner.

at the end the playing experience with ludeack is somewhat with a thick off blade.

Service can be hurting with tenergy in fh and developing 3rd ball attacks. control over the table was lot better than expected. Have to focus more on the strokes but there was precision.

blocking was very good because that solid wood.

however there was worse control in steady looping. that is due to the stiffness of the blade. Anyway driving is very powerful.

i have to say that for me it is worth to spend 110 $ in this blade. Though I am still learning the blade, there is already a lot of fun with it.

One feels the quality wood solidness of the blade. It is not that the blade lacks something. It is that the blade has power and solidness and one has to train to handle the beast. And with the time one gets the smile and the fun.

It is also a pleasure to have such a craftmanship in the blade. really better than in a clipper, though they are different blades.    
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2010 at 6:49pm
I think ludeack power main competitors blades are hinoki fiber-carbon blades.

I am not very fan of hinoki blades for shakehand but when searching for a powerful blade. Here hinoki+carbon or fiber blades have a big word to say. The hinoki gets a lot of control and the mix hinoki (somewhat soft feel) with hard fiber works very well.

In fact i think a photino or a nexy color or even a sc are as easy or even easier to handle than the ludeack power with the big sweet spot coming from fiber.

hinoki-fiber blades are tough competitors to very powerful wood blades.

EJ Club.

simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2010 at 11:03pm
I used the cpen version with T64 at the bh for RPB. I will say it's marvelous in consistent bh looping onto the table. 
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2010 at 12:56am
There is only one Ludeack at iruiru. Which one is that, power or pro ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2010 at 10:29am
pictures of the ludeack power blade in:

http://picasaweb.google.com/joserealestate.casado
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2010 at 3:17am

It's been more than 1 month playing with Ludeack Power and there is some updating about the review. Besides i will receive in 2-3 days the pro version. Unfortunately though i asked for the lighter one, i just managed to get a 98,2 gr fl pro version, so lets see what happen. Usually my blade weight limit is around 95 gr. but i think that my arm is reinforced lately.

After more than 1 month training and playing the result has improved a lot. I got to the conclusion that this blade with training can go to be a main blade.

There are blades to have fun but very difficult to become a main set up according to go to the best score.

My present 92 gr. Ludeack with Tenergy05 in fh (very good match and i would say a key rubber to the fh for Ludeack) and sriver fx in the bh has all the potential to be a main blade with heavy training.

And with some technique. I realized that Ludeack p. needs to be hold with the hand quite deep in the blade. This way it takes the control to the play and to the power. That is very right the name of the blade ludeack power. It has to control that wood power.

i realized some people buying ludeack and selling the blade short time after. good feedback but at the end 'too fast for me'.

i do not think it is too fast. It is a little thick (not really thick, 6,4) and solid wood, and it takes some time to handle and regular training.

but the advantage of that powerful blade (it is more power in the sense of solidness than speed) is the very good feeling. that feeling drives to have control in the strokes, so at the end a solid game can be played. 

EJ Club.

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2010 at 7:26am
If you can,please photograph the 2 Ludeac blades.Just thought if the blades were different from each other,pro and regular version.Sounds like these aren't available below 88 gr,95+is too heavy.
Be right back...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2010 at 11:26am

it should be difficult to get one below 88 gr.

the wood density in Ludeack power blade i would say is even higher than in old clipper. old clipper being 6,0 around thickness weight was 95 gr. around or even higher.

there is no miracle. the one i have is more close to 6,2 than 6,4 mm but even so goes to a little less than 92 gr. and this time nittaku puts a comfortable fl handle i guess also to compensate weight balance.

the pro version seems to have even thicker hard plys so it should be more weight.

92 gr. is a little heavy but one gets used to play with it after some time.

98,2 gr. i will have to change to a lighter rubber than t05 what it is not good news because the tenergy grip goes very well with the stiffness of the blade.

EJ Club.

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2010 at 9:49pm
yea,though i am not into blades now,i still have some interest in Ludeac pro.By intuition,these got to be nice,based on close-up views of all laminas that make up the blades.EJM,are these blades better in your opinion,than
Tenors?I know is Tenor 5-ply and is ,Ludeac-7 ply,but what seems to be the easier to handle?WHich is faster,has
more control,please?You input is appreciated.
Be right back...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2010 at 11:32pm

i can not compare tenor with ludeack in terms of better. they are different.

in my opinion the best nittaku blades are acoustic and ludeack p., in 5 and 7 ply.

there are people using ludeack p. in other forums who claim ludeack p. as the best nittaku blade.

i think ludeack p. needs more time to handle. i prefer acoustic instead of tenor (also bigger blade head in tenor goes to more weight).

both tenor and ludeack p. are more or less same fast. maybe l.p. a little faster. the difference is the feeling, more solid and without any vibration in ludeack. tenor is thinner blade and it gets more control in some strokes with some vibration.
EJ Club.

sebas-aguirre View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebas-aguirre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2010 at 9:55am
here there are some pics of my ludeack power

http://picasaweb.google.com/sebastian.a.aguirre/Wsc#

by the way, I'm selling that blade....
my review on it:
very nice blade
good speed, good control.
I am currently using timo boll spirit. I think the main advantage it has over the ludeack is the large sweet spot, mainly due to the carbon.
other than that they are somehow similar.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2010 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

i can not compare tenor with ludeack in terms of better. they are different.

in my opinion the best nittaku blades are acoustic and ludeack p., in 5 and 7 ply.

there are people using ludeack p.�in other forums who claim ludeack p.�as the best nittaku blade.

i think ludeack p.�needs more time to handle. i prefer acoustic instead of tenor (also bigger blade�head in tenor goes to more weight).

both tenor and ludeack p.�are more or less same fast. maybe l.p. a little faster.�the difference is the feeling, more solid and without any vibration in ludeack. tenor is thinner blade and it gets more control in some strokes with some vibration.

Thank you.
Be right back...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2010 at 6:36pm

Th to you holda. I know you like violin.

you get what you are interested in without conflict. and always respectful. you are a class forum member. i think i have to learn from you.

redit: same with chris.b40.
EJ Club.

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2010 at 6:39pm
ejmaster
welcome back
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2010 at 6:57pm
EJM,we are just talking about stuff.I don't get in arguments with people if I don't know what the deal is.If I do know about the topic and somebody wants to argue,I don't
reply or argue or try to make the person believe that he/she is wrong.I like your input and that of some other guys.Thank you for sharing all you observations again.
By the way,Violin is still my favorite,though I switched to Acoustic.The later came out to be the faster blade,and
I still feel the ball very good.My skills suck,but I sometimes surprise my opponents more these days:)
I think the newer Acoustic is now even faster than TBS,or at least as fast.Love it for short game,blocks,especially.
Be right back...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2010 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

EJM,we are just talking about stuff.I don't get in arguments with people if I don't know what the deal is.If I do know about the topic and somebody wants to argue,I don't
reply or argue or try to make the person believe that he/she is wrong.

i knew i could learn from you.
EJ Club.

Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2010 at 4:46am
Been testing a good 10+ blades for awhile now at the same time I'm ditching modern defense for more at the table TackyINV/LP play and I've been finding myself gravitating more towards thicker, solid/stable blades. Using the Dawei Matrix mostly lately (kind of surprisingly), which performs nicely but has kind of a hollow tone to it despite the actual solid result. It mostly makes me interested in some of these premium blades like Tenor, Ludeack, and Ludeack Fleet (not so much power). I'll probably get two of those eventually, not sure which yet.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2010 at 3:48pm
Iruiru sells Ludeac Power for 15000 yen?!Is this a special edition or pro-version?EJM,is this what you have?I know Ludeac power sold by Paddle Palace for 108$.
Be right back...
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2010 at 3:58pm
that's Ludeack Power is NOT Prof. Edn. You can only find Prof. Edn. from that  Taiwanese site....www.shop? someth'n?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2010 at 4:01pm

The 92 gr. i did the review, is Ludeack Power from japan.

The 98,2 gr. that is coming is Ludeack Power PRO version from ilpp place.

I had to wait for a month because it was out of stock.
EJ Club.

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2010 at 4:02pm
Ludeack Power is 8800 yen at Iruiru.The more expensive Ludeack doesn't have anything imprinted on one of the playing surfaces.
ILPP.tw has a cpen Ludeack weighting at 97 -98 gr.What a monster for a pen blade.
Be right back...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2010 at 4:05pm

yes holda, the pro version has nothing printed in the blade face. but there is not much difference in price.

the main problem with the PRO version is the availability.

EJ Club.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic