FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The 2010 Asia-Europe Allstars, 1st Leg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 7:05am
Thanks for uploading :-) Love the shot that Maze plays at 4-4 in the 3rd, forehand sidespin chop/block. Impressive
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Sponsored Links

Ryu_S_M View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryu_S_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 7:41am
is grip-s available in red ? if no, samsonov don't use it anymore
Blade: BTY Balsa Carbo X5 An
Fh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
Bh: Donic JO Coppa Platin
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 7:56am
Originally posted by ttCrawsaive ttCrawsaive wrote:

Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

Guys, do you think Joo is more vulnerable against fast attack from both wings ? I think Schlager applied the tactics quite well at the beginning part, Joo didn't have much chance. So generally, choppers are easier to be beaten by players who can loop well both wings? Do you guys think so? Because the choppers will have less time to react and it seems to me, backhand loop is a bit harder to chop!?

Look at ma long, a forehand killer stroke is normally enough.
That's probably why boll always has difficulties with Joo.
Ovtcharov has more chance to beat Joo than Boll I think, cause
you need power and a bit perfection against them.

What do you mean by difficulties? Losing ONE out of many matches between them? Boll has owned Joo for the most part.
who no know go know
ttCrawsaive View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 8:14am
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

Guys, do you think Joo is more vulnerable against fast attack from both wings ? I think Schlager applied the tactics quite well at the beginning part, Joo didn't have much chance. So generally, choppers are easier to be beaten by players who can loop well both wings? Do you guys think so? Because the choppers will have less time to react and it seems to me, backhand loop is a bit harder to chop!?

What do you mean by difficulties? Losing ONE out of many matches between them? Boll has owned Joo for the most part.

Boll usually wins versus Joo, but he has to work very hard to beat him.
For boll it's not easy to make the point one or two shots after the service, like the chinese players and ryu do.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ttCrawsaive
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 8:32am
MANY MANY THANKS!!! to JimT and drago for the Links and MU
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 9:25am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzUpoG0kO5U
Dimitri Ovtcharov-Cheung Yuk
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 10:08am
where is loopmeister and the mizutani club?. it seems the catapult mizutani is not working.

what is going on there.

i like the stratus cb club. there is more fun.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 10:27am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzUpoG0kO5U
Dimitri Ovtcharov-Cheung Yuk
Tq Clap
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
Dagoboz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dagoboz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 11:54am
Lol at international judges. Did you see Maze's serve at 2-2 10:10. These judges are just score keepers.Ouch
Blade: Maze
FH: Something
BH: Something Else
ppmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Dagoboz Dagoboz wrote:

Lol at international judges. Did you see Maze's serve at 2-2 10:10. These judges are just score keepers.Ouch

Strictly speaking, most of Wang Liqin's serves are illegal. Overall, it's fair game.

Please give credit to Maze, instead of giving credit to a conspiracy.
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 12:22pm

For boll it's not easy to make the point one or two shots after the service, like the chinese players and ryu do.

You're right. Having trouble does not mean losing but you have to work very hard to win. I think because Boll use more spin and his loops are not as powerful as compared to Ma Long's or WLQ's, still he owned Joo for most part DeadDead But I don't think Ovtcharov has a great chance to beat Joo if you say that Boll struggles more.
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ppmax ppmax wrote:

Originally posted by Dagoboz Dagoboz wrote:

Strictly speaking, most of Wang Liqin's serves are illegal. Overall, it's fair game.Please give credit to Maze, instead of giving credit to a conspiracy.

His serves are already illegal by the letter of the law, then he goes at 10-10 in the 5th game and flat out old school fully hides his serve, just serves from under his arm without even pulling it back, hiding the contact, and gets the point directly because of that. What was going through his head was "Oh, I really need a point right now, so I'll cheat." He changed his serve motion because of the situation and blatantly, consciously cheated. That's just a douche move.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 12:33pm

Com'on, maze didn't cheat, there's nothing wrong with that service, the ball had the effect like all the other times, wang did see which service it was, and you can see, after he lost the point, he didn't blame maze at all, he did that BH move again.

ppmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 12:42pm
Jonan,

Do you have comments on Wang Liqin's serves? Obviously legal? More legal than Maze's? More legal than the "douche move"?

I'm  Wang's fan. But I also notice that he hides his serves very well with his body. If the judges don't fault his serves, they should not fault Maze's. To me, Maze hid his with the hand, Wang hid his with the body. Fair game.
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 12:43pm

Com'on, maze didn't cheat, there's nothing wrong with that service, the ball had the effect like all the other times, wang did see which service it was, and you can see, after he lost the point, he didn't blame maze at all, he did that BH move again.

wtf video were you watching?

You watch him cup the ball in his hand hiding it with his thumb, toss it 2 or 3 feet sideways, leave his arm out there until after he hits it and say there was nothing wrong with the service?

Jonan,Do you have comments on Wang Liqin's serves? Obviously legal? More legal than Maze's? More legal than the "douche move"?I'm� Wang's fan. But I also notice that he hides his serves very well with his body. If the judges don't fault his serves, they should not fault Maze's. To me, Maze hid his with the hand, Wang hid his with the body. Fair game.

Yeah, his serves are illegal too, there's a difference though hiding it in your hand, hiding it when its in the air, and hiding it as you hit it, the other two don't matter worth hardly anything, but hiding it when you make contact actually makes a huge difference in comparison. I watched Maze's other serves, and he would stretch the line by pulling his arm away as he made contact, on this one though he left it there and hid his serve contact and Wang made a bad error on it as a result.
ppmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 1:15pm
Are you sure that Wang didn't hide the ball, from Maze's view point, with his body or arm as he made contact with the ball? I have a hard time freezing a frame to prove conclusively.

To me, Maze's "douche move" was fair, considering the competition. Maze made his "douche move" once, whereas Wang hid his serves most of the time. Fair game.

To me, Maze's lucky net at 8-8 was the key point.

I'm missing the days when hidden serves were allowed. At least, I wouldn't have to argue about crap like this.

TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Ryu_S_M Ryu_S_M wrote:

is grip-s available in red ? if no, samsonov don't use it anymore

If you look carefully at 12:46, it shows that the red rubber has a purple sponge which seems to me like Haifu Whale III's sponge perhaps ??? Shocked The black one has white sponge, no idea, can be bryce speed or tibhar something I have no idea LOL
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 1:59pm
Where is the persson match ?
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 2:07pm
Actually, at 15:39, when the camera shows Vladi's racket, the red rubber looks pretty fcked up and though I can't get a clear view, it seems to me that the design of the topsheet looks like Grip-S. Maybe Grip-S design with Haifu Whale III or Grip-S topsheet with Haifu Whale III sponge?
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 2:18pm

The black one has white sponge, no idea, can be bryce speed or tibhar something I have no idea LOL

Tibhar Genius, supposedly.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 2:24pm

Are you sure that Wang didn't hide the ball, from Maze's view point, with his body or arm as he made contact with the ball? I have a hard time freezing a frame to prove conclusively.

I watched many WLQ serves in slow mo and he's not hiding it with his body. He actually has a pretty clean serve.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 2:54pm

You're right. Having trouble does not mean losing but you have to work very hard to win. I think because Boll use more spin and his loops are not as powerful as compared to Ma Long's or WLQ's, still he owned Joo for most part DeadDead But I don't think Ovtcharov has a great chance to beat Joo if you say that Boll struggles more.

Lets see....2007 World Championships round of 16 - Joo beats Ma Long 4-2. 2009 Harmony China Open....Ma Long barely makes it past Joo 4-3 in the semi's and had to save a couple of match points. My point being, it doesnt really matter how you play if the results end up in a win. Ma Long and Wang Liqin definitely have more powerful loops than Boll but it depends on styles and execution when it comes up to certain matchups. Therefore, Boll has figured out a way to get the ball through Joo for the most part, whether it seems like he is working harder for the point or not. Its not always a forehand killer shot that will win the point against Joo, its a combination of spin, speed and placement, along with consistency. Its either you have the smarts and the skill to do so or you end up on the losing side most of the time.
who no know go know
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 2:59pm
+1

As a very good example of how power doesn't really matter much in that particular aspect, Samsonov has one of the weakest power loops among the top 10 but he consistently beats Joo and Weixing all the time.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2010 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Where is the persson match ?

i don't think it was televised.  i watched the show live and CCTV5 cut out just before that match would have started.  it was the last match of the day.
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 7:38am
Joo vs Persson right now
liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 8:16am
where to get live??
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 8:40am
http://wwitv.com/portal.htm?http://wwitv.com/tv_channels/b4101.htm
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 8:48am
Ovtcharov was very disappointing against Yang Zi. He could not find any rhythm at all during the whole match. If he were a little bit more patient and stop trying to counterkill everything, he would be a little bit more consistent. Meanwhile, Persson just gave us a textbook lesson on how to defeat great choppers.
who no know go know
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 9:12am
lol Maze kicks the table and it brings him luck,  Mizutani makes mistakes in the next 3 points!LOL
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttCrawsaive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2010 at 9:14am
Michael kicked the table again...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic