Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: Innerforce ALC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Innerforce ALC
    Posted: 04/24/2010 at 6:16pm
Some pictures in:

it is coming,

some comparison with M.Maze, Stratus cb, Ma lin carbon.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2010 at 6:59pm

The Butterfly Innerforce ALC is not a M.Maze with different handle. I think this is the start point, because it could happen.

Innerforce ALC has 2 wood outerplys before the AC and then the inner core, instead the AC in between the 2 outers. As in the innerforce alc blade is written to get a softer feeling having the fiber.

This is not new, it is the same ply structure as in stratus cb or ymlc just that here is ac instead of carbon.

Inn alc, stcb, MM, ymlc, all have limba outerply.

Overall thickness is 5,9 more or less the same as in ymlc or MM, and a very very little thicker than stcb, being the innercore in inn alc a very very little thinner than in stcb or MM. ymlc has thicker inner than all.

So the 2 AC layers are closer in Inn Alc than in MM.

Testing several blades at a time, it is more interesting than saying a good looping blade or something like that without any reference.

All these blades are good looping blades. Innerforce Alc has softer feeling than MM and it is more flexible, but feels less solid.

In comparison to 2 quite different MM. The ST one is older and has amazing feeling, the FL one is stiffer and the feeling is harder.

I really can not say if i like the innerforce alc more or less than a MM. I think it depends on the MM. If the MM is like the ST one maybe i would get the MM. If it is like the FL maybe i would get the innerforce ALC.

the inner core in Inn Alc is a little harder than in stcb, but the carbon layer feels more solid than the AC so at the end i can not say if i like the inn alc better.

About the handle the best handles in my opinion are the AN in stcb and the ST in MM. FL handle in innerforce is more or less the same as in MM, maybe more slim (very very little difference) in Inn alc FL. in st, inn alc has more rounded handle.

In conclusion, there is nothing overall really new and better in the innerforce alc. A playable composite blade like a MM, or a stcb or a tbs. 

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
typhoon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhoon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2010 at 12:02pm
Could you please compare Innerforce ALC with TBS in terms of speed,feeling,
and control?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2010 at 2:17pm

it is difficult to tell. the main difference between the inn alc and the tbs is that inn alc is more flexible and with the 2 outers there is more dwell when smashing. more or less same faster.

however i like the tbs stiffness more. control is more or less the same.

EJ Club.

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2010 at 4:49pm
I would like to know its comparison vs Keyshot light.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2010 at 4:56pm
i have never had neither keyshot nor keyshot light. i can not compare.
EJ Club.

Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 3:48pm
ejmaster can you compare your Innerforce ALC to your FL MM in-terms of: service, looping (lower or higher throw than MM), short game (too bouncy, just right etc), flipping, countering, feel (soft, hard, amount of vibration, flexible) etc?
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 5:50pm
In short,

* service. close difference. mm > ialc
* looping. close. ialc > mm. lower throw with i alc.
* short game. ialc >> mm.
* flipping. mm > ialc.
* countering. mm > ialc.
* feeling. ialc >> mm (softer feel in ialc, more flexibility in ialc but not much vibration).

overall i like the ialc better than the mm fl (a hard mm one), because looping, short game and feeling performance. 
EJ Club.

AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 1:50am
Thanks for the review ejmaster! You're one of the only reviewers so far of the Innerforce ALC, so I'm quite curious about this blade. As far as construction go, it is very similar to the Ma Lin Carbon (except it is A/C instead of Carbon). Would you mind giving a more in-depth comparison between the two? The YMLC is my main blade at the moment, and it is one of the best looping carbon blades I've tried. Thanks!
Viscaria
T05/T64
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2010 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by AllezCho AllezCho wrote:

Thanks for the review ejmaster! You're one of the only reviewers so far of the Innerforce ALC, so I'm quite curious about this blade. As far as construction go, it is very similar to the Ma Lin Carbon (except it is A/C instead of Carbon). Would you mind giving a more in-depth comparison between the two? The YMLC is my main blade at the moment, and it is one of the best looping carbon blades I've tried. Thanks!

Innerforce Alc is a very good blade but ...  i like a good (as many times not every ymlc is exactly the same) ymlc better.

ymlc has better control and allround performance and feeling. of course it also depends on the rubber match. 
EJ Club.

louisc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 9:17am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

The Butterfly Innerforce ALC is not a M.Maze with different handle. I think this is the start point, because it could happen.

Innerforce ALC has 2 wood outerplys before the AC and then the inner core, instead the AC in between the 2 outers. As in the innerforce alc blade is written to get a softer feeling having the fiber.

This is not new, it is the same ply structure as in stratus cb or ymlc just that here is ac instead of carbon.

Inn alc, stcb, MM, ymlc, all have limba outerply.

Overall thickness is 5,9 more or less the same as in ymlc or MM, and a very very little thicker than stcb, being the innercore in inn alc a very very little thinner than in stcb or MM. ymlc has thicker inner than all.

So the 2 AC layers are closer in Inn Alc than in MM.

Testing several blades at a time, it is more interesting than saying a good looping blade or something like that without any reference.

All these blades are good looping blades. Innerforce Alc has softer feeling than MM and it is more flexible, but feels less solid.

In comparison to 2 quite different MM. The ST one is older and has amazing feeling, the FL one is stiffer and the feeling is harder.

I really can not say if i like the innerforce alc more or less than a MM. I think it depends on the MM. If the MM is like the ST one maybe i would get the MM. If it is like the FL maybe i would get the innerforce ALC.

the inner core in Inn Alc is a little harder than in stcb, but the carbon layer feels more solid than the AC so at the end i can not say if i like the inn alc better.

About the handle the best handles in my opinion are the AN in stcb and the ST in MM. FL handle in innerforce is more or less the same as in MM, maybe more slim (very very little difference) in Inn alc FL. in st, inn alc has more rounded handle.

In conclusion, there is nothing overall really new and better in the innerforce alc. A playable composite blade like a MM, or a stcb or a tbs. 

Could you please compare Innerforce ALC with TB ALC in terms of speed,feeling,
control, shortgame  looping and counterlooping?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 3:09pm

louisc,

the edge is about the particular blade, I mean,

If one gets a heavy tb alc and can stand to handle around 92-94 gr. i would go to a tb alc. If one feels uncomfortable with more than 90 gr. maybe i would go with Inn Alc.

They are different. Inn Alc is limba outer and 2 wood outer before the AC, and it is softer and more flexible than tb Alc but powerful. It is as powerful as a light tb alc. It loops very well.

FL handle in Inn Alc is good, but i like st in the tb alc more (squarish).

I am afraid you have to feel byyourself. There is a point you need to have the feel by yourself.

Both are good blades. In Inn Alc i would go with the FL handle.

Edited by ejmaster - 09/06/2010 at 3:11pm
EJ Club.

louisc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2010 at 3:59pm
Thanks a lot ejmaster.I think i ll go for the TB alc afterall
louisc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 5:07am

louisc,

the edge is about the particular blade, I mean,

If one gets a heavy tb alc and can stand to handle around 92-94 gr. i would go to a tb alc. If one feels uncomfortable with more than 90 gr. maybe i would go with Inn Alc.

They are different. Inn Alc is limba outer and 2 wood outer before the AC, and it is softer and more flexible than tb Alc but powerful. It is as powerful as a light tb alc. It loops very well.

FL handle in Inn Alc is good, but i like st in the tb alc more (squarish).

I am afraid you have to feel byyourself. There is a point you need to have the feel by yourself.

Both are good blades. In Inn Alc i would go with the FL handle.
ejmaster one last question cause i am still having second thoughts.Other than it 's weight IN YOUR OPINION tb alc ST(overall) is a better blade than the if alc FL?Thanks again
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2010 at 6:27am
I just have one very powerful tb alc st that i like more than Inn Alc.
EJ Club.

ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 9:53pm
Hi ejmaster,how does i alc compares to mj in terms of looping,serving and countering?Thanks
ichini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ichini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2010 at 9:53pm
Hi ejmaster,how does i alc compares to mj in terms of looping,serving and countering?Thanks
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by ichini ichini wrote:

ejmaster, could you comment on that please
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2011 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

Originally posted by ichini ichini wrote:

ejmaster, could you comment on that please

hi,

sorry i had not read the post.

jm excels in serving. this is probably the best feature of jm. Just look at mizutani serves. here jm is better.

jm a little bit faster. inn alc a little bit more flexible, so inn alc a little bit easier to loop. but jm better to smash. jm better countering.

in the short game inn alc a little bit more control than jm.

i would say jm is a stiffer blade than inn alc. but jm is also a thin blade so it has flexibility. harder flexibility than inn alc. zylon carbon vs alc.

EJ Club.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2011 at 4:21am
Moved to Equipment Forum.
Please don't litter.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 5:21am
Is it has vibration?
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 6:24am
I recently tried one with t05 and t64. It does not have much vibration. It has a bit of a muffled feel though.
janekb View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janekb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/30/2013 at 2:23pm
I have both of the blades MM and i got innerforce alc for christmas,i agree that MM is way more solid blade but with less feel for the ball.Innerforce has very good touch for short game and more vibration it feels close to wood blade,for me if you power looper MM is way to go but if agressive allrounder innerforce alc will be better choice.Playing away from the table MM without doubt.I still dont know wich i like better but im linnig for MM.I play with andro rasant on the forhand and same rubber feels diffrent on this blades more power and spin on MM and Mm has higher throw angle so easier to clear the net.
Janek B
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2013 at 2:41pm
Hello ejmaster,
Can you please compare innerforce ALC with innerforce ZLF. My main point of interest is the flexibility and feeling (I like soft flexible blade). Thank you!
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2013 at 3:35pm
I have Lsw that it is supposed to be like inn zlf.
First of all both good blades.
Inn alc a little harder and faster and more lively.
The inn zlf is softer and more woody feel. More dwell time.
The inn zlf has more control
It is not as fast as the inn alc.
Both blades are quite flexible. Not so stiff as in the tb series.
I think one can get used and playing at any level with anyone.
If one likes blades more off than off- i would get the inn alc. It is also 0,1 mm thicker (5,7).

Edited by ejmaster - 06/21/2013 at 3:53pm
EJ Club.

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2013 at 4:35pm
Thank you, very nice comparison.. I thought inn ALC is 5,9 mm and TBALC is 5,7 mm..
dabookerman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabookerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 4:20pm

I have Lsw that it is supposed to be like inn zlf.
First of all both good blades.
Inn alc a little harder and faster and more lively.
The inn zlf is softer and more woody feel. More dwell time.
The inn zlf has more control
It is not as fast as the inn alc.
Both blades are quite flexible. Not so stiff as in the tb series.
I think one can get used and playing at any level with anyone.
If one likes blades more off than off- i would get the inn alc. It is also 0,1 mm thicker (5,7).

+1 to this assessment.  Both blades are definitely very controllable.  If you want something that is faster than any of these you can try the IF ZLC.  It is a bit harder to control in the short game but you can dominate once you get a few feet away from the table.  

I definitely notice that the blades are more flexible than the TB series.  
Photino FL

Yasaka Rising Dragon

Short Pips

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic