Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by Greenfield Greenfield wrote:

Any one knows Miu Harano equipment , pls post , thanks

Clipper Wood + Tenergy both sides (don't know what versions).

T05/T64, extra thick, 2016 All-Japan Championships.

http://www.tt-ouendan.com/topplay.pdf

Pitty i cant translate

I just spent an hour translating all of these and I was met with an "access denied" page and lost all my work. IF you have any specific questions I can translate them for you. But a few observations:

Only one penholder (So Eka). In 2005, the semifinals of the men had 3 penholders (Kaii Yoshida, Seiko Iseki, Hyogo Kayama). Not coincidentally, all 4 of them are Chinese. In fact as far as I can tell there are only 2 Chinese players on the list (Kazuhiro Chan and So Eka), there are some I am unsure about but those are the obvious ones. That's probably the fewest Chinese players in the top 16 of the men and women in years (the last Chinese player to win the All Japan title was Oh Ki (Wang Hui) in 2010). Only three players (Koki Niwa, Yuka Ishigaki, and Masako Wakamiya), don't use Butterfly products of any kind- the homogenization of playing types and equipment is is truly astounding compared to what it used to be. Hopefully more companies can step up and compete with Tenergy. The only good thing I see is that the women vary in style and equipment far more than the men, but only one penhold out of all 32 players is probably also an all time low.

Edited by liXiao - 10/15/2016 at 7:55pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Sponsored Links

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2016 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by incarnation incarnation wrote:

Fan zhendong's backhand rubber is T05 or H3 in 2016? anyone confirm? thx

Still Tenergy of some sort. Pic taken in World Cup. Probably T05. 

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2016 at 3:27pm
Is it just me or is Timo playing with his TB ZLC now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-spaLOr534

Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2016 at 6:42am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

More of a yellow on my monitor   -   1:00.
Is it just me or there is really a tendency more and more players leaving the trine TB ALC, Spirit and Viscaria? These new balls .... Angry

Edited by Vlad0 - 10/19/2016 at 7:10am
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2016 at 11:02am
It does seem like a zlc, but it would be a really used alc that changed its color after Hoursss of playing.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2016 at 11:17pm

It does look yellowish to me also.

The ZLF is yellow/blue
The ZLC is grey/blue
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 4:40am
check out 3:36 and 3:59 of the video, the handle looks grey to me.  Definitely not blue.

At first I thought it might be an ALC since Timo has been playing with that all his career.  But I thought it couldn't be an ALC, no way he's going to play with a blade whose handle has been that heavily stained with sweat.  Not to mention that funky smelly odor too.  And Butterfly would have replenished him with new batches of TB ALC.  So from that deduction, I was made to think that it very well could be a TB ZLC, since Timo's shots do seem to be a bit faster in this match against Tokic.

Edited by liulin04 - 10/20/2016 at 4:41am
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 8:34am
Blade is an tool, speed , spin , control and power are still dominated by user
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 8:35am
Can you make the same performance as TM when you use his racket? I doubt
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 9:10am
Idk guys. I'm seeing a yellow and blue ZLF. He must have gotten tired of popping up the ball near the net.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
chain_05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chain_05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 9:49am

2017 (update)
ViS
Fh:TauI Bh: Mxs

Firefall

FH : Mantra H BH: Razanter R50
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 9:53am

check out 3:36 and 3:59 of the video, the handle looks grey to me.  Definitely not blue.

At first I thought it might be an ALC since Timo has been playing with that all his career.  But I thought it couldn't be an ALC, no way he's going to play with a blade whose handle has been that heavily stained with sweat.  Not to mention that funky smelly odor too.  And Butterfly would have replenished him with new batches of TB ALC.  So from that deduction, I was made to think that it very well could be a TB ZLC, since Timo's shots do seem to be a bit faster in this match against Tokic.

What I know is :

1) Michel D. keeps on preparing and sealing blades for TB. I have seen very recently a box with +/- 10 blades which will go to Düsseldorf very soon.
2) All these blades are TB Spirit (the head).
3) TB has never played in any official match with ZLC or ZLF.

And last thing...TB has always played with TB Spirit....It was only ALC handle :))

Edited by kakapo - 10/20/2016 at 9:56am
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 10:07am
Yesterday he stated his prefered weight of his Tenergy 05:

Tenergy 05 with old packaging: VH 98,21 BH 94,80
NOW
Tenergy 05 with new packaging: VH 99,01 BH 96,67

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 11:47am
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

What I know is :

1) Michel D. keeps on preparing and sealing blades for TB. I have seen very recently a box with +/- 10 blades which will go to Düsseldorf very soon.

And last thing...TB has always played with TB Spirit....It was only ALC handle :))

I´m sure you´ll know it but he was playing Viscaria on his prime. There wasn´t any TB alc or Spirit at that time
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

What I know is :

I´m sure you´ll know it but he was playing Viscaria on his prime. There wasn´t any TB alc or Spirit at that time

Of course, I knew it and I know someone who owns one of TB's personal viscaria from 1997...
But...it is not on sale :)) I wanted to say....he has played TB spirit although TB ALC existed :))

Edited by kakapo - 10/20/2016 at 12:58pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 1:18pm

What I know is :

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Timo has been playing with TB Spirit all this time?  Just with a TB ALC handle?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 1:23pm
looks like we will see in FS section many TB ALC for sale and everybody looking for TBS
I have one for sale
hahaha
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 1:31pm

What I know is :

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Timo has been playing with TB Spirit all this time?  Just with a TB ALC handle?

Yes Cong, I have had many talks with MD about what use or used some of the players for who he prepares blades, especially TB, Dima, Gionis, Han Ying, Franziska.and the Belgian players :))
I have seen and hold 2 of the TB "orders" :)) and....I have never seen any TB ALC :))
But...you know the marketing....and changing parts of the handle is so easy. 
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 1:33pm
Gionis played today with a 98gr Korbel ! Amazing !!!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 1:37pm
What!!!  Ok, I'm going to pick up a TBS (ST) today.  Talk about table tennis hypebeasts.... LOL
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 1:59pm
But, what about the pictures of Timo gluing rubber onto his ALC's? You know, those blades with TB ALC stamps on the blade surface? Are those fake stamps too? Just to confuse him just as much as confusing us? 
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

But, what about the pictures of Timo gluing rubber onto his ALC's? You know, those blades with TB ALC stamps on the blade surface? Are those fake stamps too? Just to confuse him just as much as confusing us? 

gluing but not using it :)
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 2:09pm

Have you ever seen him gluing such a blade and then going straight to play an official match ?

On page 7 of this thread, you have a real TB blade. This is impossible to keep any inscriptions on the head because of the sealing.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64382&PN=7&title=the-way-of-the-butterflies
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 2:22pm
Hypebeast done... 90g TBS (ST) is mine! Cool
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 2:41pm
But in this picture, one of them is very clearly worn. What, did he borrow someone else's used TB ALC and then grab another newer one, pretend to glue some rubber in his room for a super official photo-opp (clearly a casual picture), just to convince us he's using a slightly different Arylate Carbon blade that has his name on it to the real arylate carbon blade that... also has his name on it? 

Also, the picture in that other thread looks like it was attacked by a shark, and has black marker on it? How do I know that THAT one was more legitimately timo boll's blade, but the one that timo is pictured gluing is just pretend? 

Do you see how that's hard to buy? 
Image result for timo boll equipment
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 2:54pm

But in this picture, one of them is very clearly worn. What, did he borrow someone else's used TB ALC and then grab another newer one, pretend to glue some rubber in his room for a super official photo-opp (clearly a casual picture), just to convince us he's using a slightly different Arylate Carbon blade that has his name on it to the real arylate carbon blade that... also has his name on it? 

Also, the picture in that other thread looks like it was attacked by a shark, and has black marker on it? How do I know that THAT one was more legitimately timo boll's blade, but the one that timo is pictured gluing is just pretend? 

Do you see how that's hard to buy? 
Image result for timo boll equipment
It seems you don't know anything about Michel D and the look of the blades he seals :)))
Michel uses to say that his blades are ugly but....efficient.
Just 
You can believe what you want but TB only uses blades prepared by MD who has developed year after year more than 40 different sealing formula only for TB. All these dealings have one thing in common, after the treatment, all the inscriptions on the head have dissapeared. This the same for Gionis Korbel, for Shibaev Korbel (yes, he uses Korbel :)), for Baum Donic esprit.....
MD has prepared all TB's blade from 2006 and in 2006....ALC didn't exist.

Just look in google after Michel Detrigne and you will understand....

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 2:55pm
Idk... all these "theories"... Plus those rackets sealed by some guy in europe look super worn. Like beeray said its hard to buy this...

Any pictures of TB's TB ALC during a tournament show it in a fairly good condition.

Here are some older pictures of his racket taken during a tournament, so definitely used (not a photo prop).

Doesnt look like the handle has been altered, or sealed, or etc...

Edited by DreiZ - 10/20/2016 at 2:56pm
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Idk... all these "theories"... Plus those rackets sealed by some guy in europe look super worn. Like beeray said its hard to buy this...

Any pictures of TB's TB ALC during a tournament show it in a fairly good condition.

Here are some older pictures of his racket taken during a tournament, so definitely used (not a photo prop).

Yes, I'm wrong. You better know.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 3:48pm
I think that MD sealed a lots of pro players rackets during sg days. However I'm not sure that he does that that much anymore. Why? Because rackets of for example Timo Bolls looks like they haven't been treated with anything what so ever. Earlier it was quite clear that they had a heavy sealing but not anymore. Or Maybe MD has developed much nicer looking sealer:).
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2016 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

There's another gallery from German Open from the same website, and Freitas "shows" his blade -> Freitas ALC. Evebody knows that he still uses his old Mazes.

Maybe Timo showed a new/clean TB ALC blade only for marketing purposes just like Freitas did.

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 195>
  Share Topic