Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 6:46pm
Snapped this from 97 manchester wttc
Wang Tao used ST handle? I always pegged him as a flared man.
Also, notice how his avalox is much darker than most? It seems this is common among national team members. 

Edited by liXiao - 06/21/2011 at 9:49pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Sponsored Links

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 9:33pm
Wow !!!
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 9:59pm
Lixiao: Isn't that Ma Wenge? 
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by atv atv wrote:

The second picture is, but the first is of Wang Tao against Eloi in 97 (where the second game went 31-29)
I was comparing like, the color of the blades really, and how they are different from commercial P500/P700
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

The second picture is, but the first is of Wang Tao against Eloi in 97 (where the second game went 31-29)
I was comparing like, the color of the blades really, and how they are different from commercial P500/P700

This should be ST handleWink

YEO
Senkoh-1
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 11:00pm

This should be ST handleWink

< ="utf-8">Excellent picture!! I can never find nice pictures of wang tao on the internet. Do you know anything about the chinese team during the 90s. Someone on the forum said that they saw (or a friend saw) Kong in atlanta, and he was using Purot and Pronte. Was Wang Tao using Purot at the time? 

Edited by liXiao - 06/21/2011 at 11:01pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 11:18pm

Excellent picture!! I can never find nice pictures of wang tao on the internet. Do you know anything about the chinese team during the 90s. Someone on the forum said that they saw (or a friend saw) Kong in atlanta, and he was using Purot and Pronte. Was Wang Tao using Purot at the time? 

is it just nostalgia or are you a Wang Tao fan? his style is too unique to copy

YEO
Senkoh-1
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 11:43pm

Before the beer belly kicks in...

YEO
Senkoh-1
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 11:51pm
Where would this thread be without atv & LiXiao? Thanks for these awesome pics! Big smile
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:00am
I;m a huge Wang Tao fan. His style is beautiful. even with the beer belly, I still see him as one of the fastest players ever, with unparalleled reflexes; easily the greatest player with out a singles WTTC. I'd call him one of the best doubles players of all time, winning 2 WTTC in doubles, 3 in mixed, and an olympic gold (though that silver in singles isn't bad either). 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:07am

I;m a huge Wang Tao fan. His style is beautiful. even with the beer belly, I still see him as one of the fastest players ever, with unparalleled reflexes; easily the greatest player with out a singles WTTC. I'd call him one of the best doubles players of all time, winning 2 WTTC in doubles, 3 in mixed, and an olympic gold (though that silver in singles isn't bad either). 

did he use p500 or p700? what rubbers?
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:10am
p700 with spectol on the BH. I have played with a sheet of his spectol before, and it was lovely.
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:12am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

p700 with spectol on the BH. I have played with a sheet of his spectol before, and it was lovely.
Thanks!
FH rubber anyone??
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:18am
I'd really say my favorite players are more unique, like Wang Tao, who used those incredible reflexes to take balls off the bounce and dictate play with his backhand, while having one of the most killer forehand loops of all time. I also like Wei Qingguang, who really brought penholding away from the table, and can be seen as a precursor to Ma Lin and Wang Hao. 

Probably my favorite Wang Tao picture

And Wei as well

Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:19am
I've heard a lot of things about his forehand rubber nori, like Purot, Globe 999, Goldway, pretty hard to nail down an exact answer. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:20am
Wei Qingguang wearing those classic Warrior sneakers! I myself own a pair, they are great.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:21am
I remember seeing a picture with purot on it. But I'm sure it's been a couple of those things.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:24am
Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

Wei Qingguang wearing those classic Warrior sneakers! I myself own a pair, they are great.

Is that what they're called?? The Chinese only used them for two three decades of playing, and yet I never knew what company they were. Do you know what the name in chinese is?
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 12:29am

Is that what they're called?? The Chinese only used them for two three decades of playing, and yet I never knew what company they were. Do you know what the name in chinese is?

Hui Li. The name is on the very back of the sneaker. You can still buy them!

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 5:30pm

I'd really say my favorite players are more unique, like Wang Tao, who used those incredible reflexes to take balls off the bounce and dictate play with his backhand, while having one of the most killer forehand loops of all time. I also like Wei Qingguang, who really brought penholding away from the table, and can be seen as a precursor to Ma Lin and Wang Hao. 

Probably my favorite Wang Tao picture

And Wei as well

fisrt chinese player to bring cpen way from the table was guo yuehua (that used to be pips) and many pnholders like kim TS and yoo NK said he was a huge inlfluence for them
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 5:32pm

DOUBLE COIN was the shoes used in the mid 80's but a kidney killer for hard floor playing courts
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 6:59pm
Looking for a confirmation of these players' rubbers:

Li Qian    (forehand: hurricane 3?  backhand: ?)
Wu Yang   (forehand: skyline 3?   backhand: 802 sp?)
Fan Ying  (FH: no idea  bh: no idea)
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 7:50pm
Sorry, wrong thread, this post can be deleted.

Edited by Klaus123 - 06/22/2011 at 7:53pm
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 8:13pm
Oh Yes i completely forgot about Guo Yuehua. Of course he was the first. 
I'm trying to find a pair of those old shoes, they'd be a nice collectors item. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 8:53pm
Wu Yang's blade 6 months ago

YEO
Senkoh-1
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 10:31pm
Someone PM'd me awhile ago about Wu Yang, her blade is not available in the United States, I think it might only be available in Asia. 

Also from what I've seen, Li qian uses Matsush*ta Pro Model with H3 and 802.      

I'm not really in the mood for uploading pictures, but its clear that Fan Ying is using Donic Def Play. Definitely using 802 on the backhand, probably H3 or Skyline on the forehand (more likely H3).

I can provide evidence later. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 10:42pm
I think both wuyang and fanying are using cusomized donic def play not available in market. Shi zhihao has talked about how they have revitalized SP chopping by actively generating/variating spin unlike passive LPs
YEO
Senkoh-1
Leatherback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leatherback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2011 at 10:48pm
li qian = whale III and 563 1.0mm
wu yang = skyline and spectol
fan ying = same as wu yang
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Forehand: H3N Prov.41
Backhand: TSP Spectol 1.5
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2011 at 3:05am
Is Wu Yang's spectol pips a recent change? I'd always heard she used the 802 pips. 
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2011 at 10:51pm

Mizuno Yuya using Xiom Solo and Tenergy 05/64 (F/B)
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 195>
  Share Topic