FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Another Innerforce ZLC review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Innerforce ZLC review
    Posted: 05/19/2010 at 3:29pm
I was using a Yasaka Synergy blade (OFF- GF, 11-ply) with HK1997 and CJ8000. I bought this because I wanted a really nice blade that has it all.

I liked this blade from the start and knew it was going to work for me after one hit. After second practice these are my thoughts:

Black and yellow handle is attractive. All design features best in class, from the box, to the grain, to the look, to the finish. Very good build quality. Not a single imperfection on the blade. 158X152, FL handle, 88.4g, 5.8mm thick

View image here: http://www.tak9.com/upload/mall/2010040815394811.jpg

The wings are a little bit too far down for my comfort. I will sand these even more than my initial light sanding. I do this on all blades so its not because of template. FL handle is comfortable, but I will most likely go over the wood with a ultra fine wet/dry sandpaper to "polish" it and remove some of the newness/roughness. My Yasaka handle is more comfortable, but I will have to finish the wings mod to be sure. Make no mistake, it is very comfortable.

Weight balance is outstanding. With T05 on one side and Sriver (both 2.1mm) the setup weighs in at 189g. Feeling is outstanding. This blades feels so woody, I can not distinguish it from an all wood blade. No ping sound. No massive crack sound. Very subtle and stable feedback. Vibration is just enough so you feel it but not too much that it takes up too many CPU cycles in your brain. Touch is great. This blade has gears so far I can't find any major flaws.

Feels OFF- to OFF
Speed of on-table strokes are controlled. Matched with Tenergy, I think once I dial it in I will have found my new all-time favorite combo.
Speed away from table. Great, no lack of power.
Speed on counters/drives, very measured and response is linear.
Loops are just outstanding, smashing very good, chopping OK, counters and blocks very stable. This blade needs a high performance rubber to fully appreciate the control provided. Amazing off-balance blocks LAND. This blade is  very stable.

The construction provides plenty of dwell and this leads to controlled spin IMO. Flexibility is balanced though so if you are used to a 5ply that is super dwelly, then this will have a bit more stiffness than you are used to, so your loops may suffer, but your blocks will improve. Pushing is fine, no complaints.
Throw is medium I would say and is just fine with T05

It is hard to place merit without a rubber on the blade. So with T05, I have to say this is the best blade I have ever used. BH I had some issues with the contrast of Sriver 2.1 I think I will change the BH rubber to something a little higher throw and softer sponge. We will see. It was fine though. I think Mark V would be OK for a classic rubber BH.

Sound of ball on bare blade medium to high pitch, like a 5ply classic wood blade with limba outers sounds. No ping.

Compared with a limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba this blade is almost identical, but with more speed and stability away from the table with no drawbacks on table. Not a hard feeling IMO even though BTY America says so. It is a medium feel. Hard hits are just right for me.  I am very impressed with this blade. Compared with a limba-spruce-ayous-spruce-limba the blade, very close but less organic feeling. You don't get the springiness and special feeling. That is certainly I slight negative, but it is minor and very subjective.

Do you need it? No. You could have a blade half its price and get 80% or more of the performance. TBS is a little crisper feeling, but not a huge difference. Plus I would say TBS is a bit faster. Maze and TBS very similar but not as woody feeling as IF ZLC. It Plays somewhere between a Donic Dicon and a Primorac with a slight kick away from the table that is very measured and stable.

So: stable, powerful but not over-powering. nice feel, but not too much vibration. medium-hard stiffness, medium-hard feeling, weight and balance very proportionate, accepts T05 readily on FH, nice throw as a result. beautiful finish and product quality, usable and predictable right out of the box, very little adjustment needed. head -size a bit bigger, but larger sweet spot is nice. off-center impacts and strokes LAND. All-in-all an outstanding purchase despite the high price. This is a keeper.

BH rubber is the only thing I am not 100% satisfied with and that is an easy fix: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=34417&PN=1#422372
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Sponsored Links

drclaude1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drclaude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 5:43pm
Nice review. I just started to play with this blade switching from Photino. I really like the controlled power of this blade. It is a little less bouncy than Photino with soft pushes so couple of balls have gone into the net. some blocks are also going long due to the ball sinking a little more into the sponge and being more susceptible to the spin. Besides these small changes that I hopefully will get adjusted to I really enjoy this blade. 
Carbonado 290

Rakza7
Rakza7
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 11:38pm
How is tenergy 64 on this blade?
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
drclaude1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drclaude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2010 at 11:50pm
Forehand is perfect. I had to get used to the backhand a little due to the combined high speed, but once I adapted it's very nice. Very accurate and fast. 
Carbonado 290

Rakza7
Rakza7
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2010 at 2:50pm
dauntless, have you ever played with Amultart?? If you have what is the comparison between these two blades?? A GREAT REVIEW, two thumbs upThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic