Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Juic Kalinic review!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Juic Kalinic review!!!!
    Posted: 05/21/2010 at 7:17am
Alright this review will not be to long since I'm writing it from my blackberry at 7:00am.

So the juic kalinic is a 5ply all wood blade. It a some what stiff racket with a bit of feel.the control of this blade is superb, although it does not fit me since I'm not a smasher but a looper. This blade is not fast nor flexible enough for a fast paced game.the rating are a lie in my point of view. To me I believe that the speed rating should be around 77-79 and the control a little higher. Whe paired with a hard rubber like hurricane 3 the control is there and it will be come a bit faster but once you go to a softer rubber like mark v then you start to lose that speed.

If I had to rate this blade from one to five I would rate at 4 since this is just about the perfect blade for a begginner, defender, or allround player.

P.s icontek I hope your happy that you got your review the other one should come just before chrismas.:)

Peter Korbel(Fl) 89 g|FH Almana 2.0|Sriver G2 1.7
Sponsored Links

austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2010 at 7:32am
Alright I forgot to add that it is a bit heavy and unfortunatly towards the head of the racket. So you need to pick a light pair of rubbers meaning chinese rubber is off limits(unless you like your racket heavy).that should be it if you have any questions feel free to post and I will get to them. Thanks for reading.

Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2010 at 7:48am
I didn�t like this blade from the first moment i played with it. It is stiff and soft, gives really not much feeling for the ball. The touch is rather fuzzy. The speed fast and there wasn�t much control in whatever i did with it, chop, loop, drive. It is what i would expect when you take any wood to build a blade by youself without any experience. Just mediocre. A �don�t buy!� recommendation from me.
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2010 at 8:04am
it wasnt anything like you described it i  believe you just got a bad blade from the batch.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2010 at 12:17pm
Austin, I understand that this was your first review. Kudos. In the future, I hope you can be more detailed. Please let's look here

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30459

to show you (and everybody else) how the review should be written (approximately, at least). Photos and organization of the characteristics of the blade (rubber) are important - see speedy's and Peter C's sections.

Thanks!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2010 at 3:50pm
i found this review pretty much useless, especially since there were no comparisons to other blades. hopefully we can get someone with more experienced to review the killerspin equipment.... 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2010 at 11:14pm
It's been about 5 years since I spent any time with the Kalinic.

So I'll flesh out Austin's review with some stories.

The last time I owned one, I was beginning the EJ phase - a sub 1000 player desparate to find something the holy grail of equipment. I began this journey ater a few years with a Kenny Pro ST (basswood blade, ALL- with D13 rubber). I "upgraded" to the Kalinic with Juic SpinSpiel and Juic Scramble. Because it was supposed to be faster (and boy was it).

The blade played closer to OFF- than ALL+. It was surprisingly quick. I can't say that I ever got very good with it, but that has more to do with the casual nature of my play (a few times a month with friends) than any real problem with the Kalinic.

Even though I wasn't playing that often, when I would come back to the game, EJing would continue. One of the first blades I tried after the Kalinic was the Hunter Power Touch. I found that unlike the Kalinic, which played kind of stiff and quick, that the Power Touch flexed a bit more, and was noticeably damper (glass fiber). On passive shots, it felt a bit more forgiving at the expense of the crisp punch on drives that the Kalinic had.

One of my playing partners at the time was a US1200 (but from the basement player) who, in retrospect had decent strokes and good touch but not so good tactics. The guy was a burly 6'+ 250 lb; he played his best at mid distance and could rip the ball. Unlike the rest of us, he got to play at work every day. He used Joola Air RosNET (an early tensor, look at the spelling) and was able to produce monstrous drives. If any of the clubs 1400-1500 players were silly enough to hit weak topspin to his forehand, the point was over. Being a higher level, they rarely did. And he only got to use these killshots against weaker players (like me). He tried my Hunter Power Touch and complained that it was too slow. But what I really think was that the relative stiffness of the Kalinic was a good platform for the soft sponge tensor, and allowed him to really tee off on the ball - with reasonable forgiveness (again, due to soft sponge more than the blade).

Another reminder to me that the players hitting the biggest smashes are usually doing it with technique+medium gear. In all, I remember the Kalinic being a decent blade. It wasn't really great at anything, had good pace for a blade in it's class. And it was pretty forgiving to attacking errors. On passive play, it was a bit less controlled than the old standards like the Primorac or the Allaround Classic. But certainly the Kalinic is a more reasonable for folks with a US1200 level than some of the faster blades that have become so popular since the introduction of the 40mm ball.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 9:55am
0_o =[

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 10:55am
Originally posted by austin austin wrote:

0_o =[

austin...please follow basic rules of the forum on this page  

ie:   this one especially:

4. SPAMMING The Mytabletennis.net Administrator and Moderators will not tolerate spamming.  Spamming is posting non-sense, no-value posts within a thread or across different threads for the sole purpose of increasing one's post count; spamming is characterized by posting one-word or one-liners and successively doing it for a short period of time.

Because you even spam in for sale threads.    Please don't fill up the data base with garbage posts as you seem to do way too much. 

smiths9312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smiths9312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 3:24pm
My experience with a Juic Kalinic is a little different.  The speed is faster than the Stiga Evolution I'm playing with now, but slower than the composite blades I've tryed.  I put some rubbers on it today and played with it a bit to see why I put it up. 

Even before the game, I was struck by how comfortable the handle felt. The handle feels almost as nice as the DHS anatomic handle - which I love the feel of, but not what it does to my backhand. 

Looping was nice.  Nice control.  Nice spin.  Chops were good - better control over chops than I usually experience.  Flat hits were not as fast, but seemed to find the table better.  I usually hesitate to flat hit, and tend to loop drive, but I think I would try more with this blade. 

I had some problems with push shots.  There were several instances where I underpushed.  I'm convinced my other setup would have made it over the net, but this didn't.  I think time would cure that problem with bit more follow through.

There is a reason this is a highly rated blade. It's a well-made blade and doesn't have many weaknesses.  Why am I not playing with it?  Probably because I played with a faster blade and noticed that more loop drives weren't returned. 

I'm glad I tried this blade again.  I think I'll put some new rubbers on it and try it a bit longer. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic