Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Palio BLIT'Z mini-review w/ so so Pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palio BLIT'Z mini-review w/ so so Pics
    Posted: 05/23/2010 at 1:52pm
Yesterday afternoon I had a quick hit with Palio's new BLIT'Z

I should start by saying that I like TENSORS a great deal and have been playing them on my FH side for approx 1 1/2 years.
I should add that I've gravitated towards the softer sponges; though have tried the 47.5 some. I do prefer the 42.5 MacroERA over the harder version.
I've largely lately played (the even softer/ earlier generation) Macro recently.

on the cover

Breakthrough by German-Chinese cooperation
TENSOR BIOS

on the back

perfect control of very fast and spinny rubber with
medium-hard sponge
Made in Germany by leading German TENSOR technology.
Less than 1ppm solvents, tuning not necessary, ready to win!

as I heard it put, Palio is touting Thor's & Blit'z (respectively) as a FH & BH package (of sorts)*
it is a 5th Generation TENSOR (like Donic's Barracuda)
it has a more porous sponge like T@nergy

Here are my quick impressions.
No scale was handy, so I am uncertain of the weight, though it is clearly towards the lighter side.
The topsheet has the same nice matte finish as Macro ERA.
The pips however, may be closer spaced. The topsheet may also be thicker BUT  please do not take either of these casual observations as "facts".
I "apologize" for not being able to supply much better pictures (including close ups!) or having access to a durometer.
& as silly as it sounds, I would gladly send off the cut out to someone who could provide better close-ups, or any other analysis/ data collection, that might be had.

A nice gentleman attending from Madison, WI, with his young and talented son, provided a translation for the circle insignia on the face of the rubber; that simply being, "lightning".
Now the lettering in the name makes sense!

(played on a XIOM Fuga/ attached w/Butterfly Free Chack) 2.2 Black
  • I had no trouble hitting with this rubber. I do think it is slightly more conducive to a slightly open faced stroke.
  • It provides more spin & power and "pace" when at the table compared to the ERA's... & it certainly plays very well 2 meters back, where it delivers crisply paced sharply diving balls.
  • & where "throw" is subject to a number of different factors it was my (& another MacroERA familiar persons) impression that it had somewhat higher throw than the MacroERA. I personally like this.
  • When lifting chops the rubbers grip & spin WILL get the job done (if your stroke mechanics are there)
  • When pushing with my FH, I felt more sense of... feel! Wacko What I'm trying to say is that I think it offers a more centralized or identifiable feedback, giving the sensation of the possibility of tuning & varying the push.
  • I did pop the ball a few times but have no doubt this could be tamed quite easily. Most of the pushes had an excellent flat & spinny course be they short or long.
  • I have had minor problems blocking with new Tensor's before & always made the adjustment quickly. I assume Blit'z would be no different.

All in all (in no specific order) 
this rubber is spinny
this rubber is fast
this rubber has very good feel
this rubber has a manageable "catapult" effect
this rubber is quite comparable to both the MacroERA's and those familiar with that rubber would require little to no adapting
they would then be playing with a rubber giving them a little bit more of everything it (MacroERA) already does well
think MacroERA on steroids!

in closing I'll also note that the 47.5 sponge posed no troubles for me though I'm accustomed to softer sponges
*& this rubber can also, quite readily, be played on the FH side

I trust some other (betterBig%20smile)  good reviewers here will also provide their own feedback, or better yet, their own review/s!!!
I look forward to reading them.

I really look forward to the first sticky Tensor!
THOR'S
is coming!

I know you will ask so I will preemptively tell;
available at
www.ttarmory.com

NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 2:20pm
COOL MAN!  does this rubber have a porous sponge like genius hexer and baracuda? Is the sponge hardness of 47.5 the same as pme 47.5 degree?
Is it more or less bouncy compared to older generation tensors?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

COOL MAN!  does this rubber have a porous sponge like genius hexer and baracuda? Is the sponge hardness of 47.5 the same as pme 47.5 degree?
Is it more or less bouncy compared to older generation tensors?

yes, porous sponge like genius (not sure), hexer (seen first-hand & played) and barracuda (been told)

without a durometer I can't say it is exactly the "same" hardness as PME 47.5 but it feels similar YET delivers more drive close to (& away from) the table
I dug the fact that I was coming from a self-perceived predilection for softer sponges & had NO problems whatsoever with the 47.5 sponge.
& it is well known (I think) the Palio (& most Tensor's?) scale of hardness rating is considerably harder than they actually play... so 47.5 degrees actually plays like ***<47.5
my apologies to those already in the know

regarding your 3rd question: I have said I consider it to have a manageable catapult effect
so.... maybe less bouncy in a good way while still delivering drive/pace

I do think it is better in the short & long game even given my brief stint to date!

Hope this helps!Smile
NEXY Lissom st 85g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 2:58pm
more pics

NEXY Lissom st 85g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 3:08pm

NEXY Lissom st 85g
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 3:11pm

NEXY Lissom st 85g
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 3:20pm
The topsheet of this rubber reminds me a bit of the Roxon and Platin topsheet's more  grainy than older tensors. I'm currently using the Tibhar Nimbus Vip, and I'm not really satisfied about'it's durability. Do you think this Blitz rubbers is a good replacement? It should be suitable for close to the table smashes and blocks.
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2010 at 5:54pm
Blitz ($33.50) and Macro ERA (now $30) are finally in stock at www.ttarmory.com! I should receive my order this coming week. :)
BBC, SP, LP
bumpernets19 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumpernets19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

more pics

I have this much fun when gluing as well lol. Good review so far C!
Rating: 1232
Xiom Zetro Quad
Hurricane 3 FH
Hexer + BH
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 4:42pm
I'm surprised that there is no excitement about these new rubbers.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 4:57pm
Oh man... I have just ordered two 47.5 MAX PME from ttnpp.com - so I will have to wait until more info on BLITZcomes along and until I play those two into the ground. My inner EJ wants to buy but my cooler new identity wants to concentrate more on my game. But count me in for the future testing!
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
pushchop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pushchop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I'm surprised that there is no excitement about these new rubbers.

I'm excited!  Nice review Heimdallalso!  Somebody hurry up and compare to Tenergy already.  EJ's want to know how it compares with T05 in terms of speed, throw angle, control, the gory details!
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 9:11pm
i have macro eras 42.5. can you pls compare blitz 42.5 versus macro era, in terms on control for the short game? which one is less bouncy and more controllable?
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2010 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by addoydude addoydude wrote:

i have macro eras 42.5. can you pls compare blitz 42.5 versus macro era, in terms on control for the short game? which one is less bouncy and more controllable?

I don't think Blitz comes with 42.5deg.  It said 47.5deg in 2.2mm thickness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic