Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OSPblades Forum Testing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>
Author
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 5:03am
Ejmaster

I agree the old 1970's Stiga's are some of the best classic blades to play with.

The good news is some of the hand made blades available on the market, from the likes of :

1) Palatinus, Old Stiga
2) Ulmo blades
3) Tischtennis Manufactur.de

are in my opinion the equal of those old Stiga's in the way they feel and play.

I learnt to loop with a 1976 Offensive wood , with 1.5mm Mark V and I've also been lucky enough to play quite a bit with two 1970's Allround classics in recent years as well.

Sadly the offensive classic and offensive classic WRB, that I've tried in the last two years were decent blades; but didn't feel as good to play with, as my old 1976 Offensive Wood did.

Sponsored Links

kelvinyoong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 5:34am
It would be very interesting to find out how the OSP Virtuoso compares to the Nexy Color.

Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 11:28am
I saw the OSP Ultimate which is 7 ply blade is very thin. The thickness is 0.1 mm thicker than Virtuoso. 5.7mm vs 5.8 mm.
How is the 7 ply compared to the 5 ply for looping?
Is it still good enough to loop? If it's only the speed diff, I might consider to try the 7 ply too.
I found Clipper isn't for me, too stiff and not a good blade to loop.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

Ejmaster

I agree the old 1970's Stiga's are some of the best classic blades to play with.

The good news is some of the hand made blades available on the market, from the likes of :

1) Palatinus, Old Stiga
2) Ulmo blades
3) Tischtennis Manufactur.de

are in my opinion the equal of those old Stiga's in the way they feel and play.

I learnt to loop with a 1976 Offensive wood , with 1.5mm Mark V and I've also been lucky enough to play quite a bit with two 1970's Allround classics in recent years as well.

Sadly the offensive classic and offensive classic, that I've tried in the last two years were decent blades; but didn't feel as good to play, with as my old 1976 Offensive Wood did.

Hi peter,

In 1997 in the Manchester world singles championship wang liquin played with a stiga off classic master handle and some years before.

That was my main blade for some years and keep on being one of the best blades i have. I have some pictures and testing comparison in my picassa album. those old stiga off have little to do with the modern off classic.

And i also played with the old stiga allround.

The big surprise is when i find the sn465 made by Palatinus. even better feeling without disturbing vibration than an empowered old stiga allround.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 5:18pm
93 g with Chinese rubbers (Haifu or Neo Pro) is almost 200 grams.

Vibration is feedback, not disturbance.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

93 g with Chinese rubbers (Haifu or Neo Pro) is almost 200 grams.

Vibration is feedback, not disturbance.

There is good vibration with feedback and there is disturbance vibration. 2 different things.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:19pm
I have to agree that AN handle on old Stiga Ulf Karlsson blade is probably the best I ever played.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 3:37am
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
fzolesz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fzolesz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 3:38am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

93 g with Chinese rubbers (Haifu or Neo Pro) is almost 200 grams.Vibration is feedback, not disturbance.

There is good vibration with feedback and there is disturbance vibration. 2 different things.

I agree with, But I think these palatinus OSP blades and offcourse the custommades are not vibrating.
This way i call it a good Kick wich is helps not disturbs....vibration is longer and that is a disturbaace.

For example Old Stiga off with 5.2 thickness is vibrating!!

Palatinus blades have power cure so these are have only one kick and I think this is the best feedback into your palm and brain :)
So I always know what i want to do and enjoy the game with virtuoso ;)
OSP VIRTUOSO AC (L=159 mm)( Aramid/Carbon)

FH: Tenergy 80
BH: Tenergy 80
Boosted with Falco long

OSP Blades

PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 3:52am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

I saw the OSP Ultimate which is 7 ply blade is very thin. The thickness is 0.1 mm thicker than Virtuoso. 5.7mm vs 5.8 mm.How is the 7 ply compared to the 5 ply for looping?Is it still good enough to loop? If it's only the speed diff, I might consider to try the 7 ply too.I found Clipper isn't for me, too stiff and not a good blade to loop.

Believe us its enough :) Due to handmade processes we can work like companies cannot work. In the other side we are fully aware of the fact that we have 2 models that cannot cover all of the demands... we still develop blades. In July Expert will come for ols Stiga lovers, then we plan a cpenholder (because cpen is not only a handle but a style) and a beginner racket (because a kid has different biometric)

Anyway it would be fine from you to collect why players like thick blades.. we will see then how much your list similar to ours :)
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 4:50am
Originally posted by PLLsystem PLLsystem wrote:

Believe us its enough :) Due to handmade processes we can work like companies cannot work. In the other side we are fully aware of the fact that we have 2 models that cannot cover all of the demands... we still develop blades. In July Expert will come for ols Stiga lovers, then we plan a cpenholder (because cpen is not only a handle but a style) and a beginner racket (because a kid has different biometric)

Anyway it would be fine from you to collect why players like thick blades.. we will see then how much your list similar to ours :)

I just want to advise you to make +/- 5 gr weight range for Virtuoso and Ultimate. The one who like lighter can pick the light one, the one who like heavier can pick the heavier one.

I'm hoping to get heavier Virtuoso without paying more for custom made blade. But 87 gr is ok Tongue
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 10:13am
Originally posted by fzolesz fzolesz wrote:

Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

93 g with Chinese rubbers (Haifu or Neo Pro) is almost 200 grams.Vibration is feedback, not disturbance.

I agree with, But I think these palatinus OSP blades and offcourse the custommades are not vibrating.
This way i call it a good Kick wich is helps not disturbs....vibration is longer and that is a disturbaace.

For example Old Stiga off with 5.2 thickness is vibrating!!

Palatinus blades have power cure so these are have only one kick and I think this is the best feedback into your palm and brain :)
So I always know what i want to do and enjoy the game with virtuoso ;)

I agree, and that is one of the good things i found about the sn465.
EJ Club.

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 12:24pm
The blades are really beautiful, especially handles. The outer Limba grain and the apparent craftmanship look really superior quality. I just wonder why you chose such long shape ? 158 and 159mm must make them really head heavy, doesn't it ? If you stick heavy tenergies on it, it shall be even head heavier...? Also, a 7 plies 5.9mm thick, isn't it too thin ? What is the benefit of having such a thin 7 ply racket ? Why not making a thicker 5 ply, if you want to increase stiffness and speed ?
One reviewer presents (if I got it right...) ultimate as a slower clipper. Do you confirm ?

Edit : Sorry, also forgot to ask, ELCON handle shape really looks like conical Kjell Johansson. Is that it ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 12:52pm

I just want to advise you to make +/- 5 gr weight range for Virtuoso and Ultimate. The one who like lighter can pick the light one, the one who like heavier can pick the heavier one.I'm hoping to get heavier Virtuoso without paying more for custom made blade. But 87 gr is ok Tongue

+- 5g????? overall 10g???? It is more than 11% man :O We are far more precise..
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

The blades are really beautiful, especially handles. The outer Limba grain and the apparent craftmanship look really superior quality. I just wonder why you chose such long shape ? 158 and 159mm must make them really head heavy, doesn't it ? If you stick heavy tenergies on it, it shall be even head heavier...? Also, a 7 plies 5.9mm thick, isn't it too thin ? What is the benefit of having such a thin 7 ply racket ? Why not making a thicker 5 ply, if you want to increase stiffness and speed ?
One reviewer presents (if I got it right...) ultimate as a slower clipper. Do you confirm ?

Edit : Sorry, also forgot to ask, ELCON handle shape really looks like conical Kjell Johansson. Is that it ?

TBS = 158/5.7, Clipper = 159, HK = 158/5.5... it is not by chance.

Thin or not thin is question of approach. For us it is not thin. In my approach Ultimate is not slower than Clipper and we can start which you mean "fast" when the racket is solid as a rock, or kicks like a spring. Clipper is solid as a rock, high bending strength, Ultimate is a bit more comfortable but its is not a Clipper clone so we dont intend to compete Clipper.

ELCON = Erik Lindh Conic (a bit thicker than Johansson... unforunately forgotten by manufacturers
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 5:19pm
JCDI

The OSP Ultimate feels around the same speed, during play; as my 6.8mm Clipper Wood.

I'm basing that on my experience of playing with 2.15mm TG3 Neo and H3 NEO, on both blades. As well as getting the opinions of friends who've also tried the Ultimate too.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2010 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by PLLsystem PLLsystem wrote:

+- 5g????? overall 10g???? It is more than 11% man :O We are far more precise..

Ups, sorry Big%20smile
What I mean is from 87-92 gr range. so + 5 gr Embarrassed
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2010 at 11:23am
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2010 at 6:08pm
Ok,here is my small contribution.A video clip I made the same day after receiving the blade from Hungary.I am in the US.My current rating is around 1600+/-50,which is not high by any means.Though I have played pretty regularly over the past 6 years I had only some coaching as a kid-so really,realy long tome ago.I am a close to the table player.I try to execute all strokes,but I mostly use ball placement/blocking/flat hits.Top spin/side spin hate me as much I do them,but still some days I am in better shape than other times.Any way,here is what I think may be part 1 -short video clip,
http://www.youtube.com/user/zyk227#p/a/u/0/I5fKhJKKlYM

Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 12:35pm
Anyone know how the OSP Virtuoso plays with classic rubbers like Sriver or Mark V?

How is the throw of the Virtuoso? Low or medium.
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by kelvinyoong kelvinyoong wrote:

Anyone know how the OSP Virtuoso plays with classic rubbers like Sriver or Mark V?How is the throw of the Virtuoso? Low or medium.
medium-medium high,good dwell time,still has good wood combination for flat hitting.looping can be executed with no problem.i think sriver family will be a good choice even if you don't speed glue-these blades have very powerful combination of wood laminas-speed-wise Virtuso is as fast as Acoustic from Nittaku
Be right back...
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 10:48pm
I played on last Sunday for 2 hours with OSP Virtuoso An. w/2 used rbrs - Joola Tango 2.0? & Haifu BW 2 "given" to me by a nice/generous member here. I slapped on the rbrs on Sat. afternoon n left the combo sitting on the deck for most of the night sorta to "kill" the SG stench & effect (1 layer, not too generous amount, as I dun have WB glue).
To my surprise the combo's overall weight was only 173.5g.
It was so easy/joy to play with and I was expecting it to be as good as my last 91g used Acoustic ST w/some cheapie Chinese Rbrs & hoping that it would be as good or close to some of my previous/present blades/combos, e.g. H-3-9 ST, Photino FL, TBS & what have u or u name it....
It is in fact, in a way, better than my last Acoustic, way way better than most if not all of my above-mentioned.
I'm not gonna write any review here, at least not yet, not after ONLY 2 hours of play. It deserves to be played/enjoyed more for me to gather my thoughts to compile more for even begin to sit dwn & write my review. Big%20smile
My 1st thought after only a good 15 mins or so was like....Wow, hey...I could loop well, FH/BH, block, push/flick well with it...how did this maker come up with/manage to make this "gem" so well FOR me?
I could do a lotta things right, including my Ma Long's  Big%20smile kinda BH which I've been dying to try to do better with all those expensive, well..most of my blades are actually less than 100.00 each, only couple of exceptions.
I could actually "feel" the ball with whatever shots I made, I thought, yeah...may be these rbrs helped and yet these are not even the latest/greatest/more expensive tuned/pre-tuned rubbers.
Another thing is that it has min. or neglegible flex/vibration which I really enjoyed unlike that of PKorbel of similar weight, may be this is what they call it "Sweet Vibration"?
I'd say this Virtuoso is in the neighbourhood of OFF-/OFF, it has quite a high pitch sound when hitting no matter what kinda of shots I made, it couldn't be SG effect as it was already hours & hours after 1 not too generous layer of Glue.
Pushing/Flicking/receiving serves FH/BH or shot game were easy and effortless and so enjoyable....
Yeah...Holda was right to say that the throw is Med/Med-high at best and to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed looping FH/BH w/it. I'm a HUGH fan of Petr Korbel's BH flicking/receiving of serves so is my Czech old buddy, Vlady and he said, "wow....U seemed to enjoy/make alotta that particular trick, that blade really helped u today, eh?"
Smashing, well...i didn't get to do alot in that 2, too short, hours as I had to rush out for some urgent appointment.
Just can't wait to play it again and hopefully I could slap on some good, greatest/latest rbrs but kinda reluctant/hesitant to do so cuz. I still prefer rbrs like Sriver L/EL or may be this blade deserves to be spoiled/slapped on by these rbrs?
Who knows?
More to come, may be after this coming weekend?
As a result of my last weekend's 2 hours fun, this Virtuoso deserves to be my " Signature"...Thumbs%20Up
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2010 at 11:00pm
Tiehwen,I think you will also love it with more powerful rubbers,just those that may be harder a bit.Palatinus devised this model to be OFF-,but with the intent to compensate for the glue ban.So I really think Virtuoso should be rated OFF.I have seen my shots to be "loopier" even with Joola Gp,which is soft very rubber with excellent grip.Between Virtuoso and P.Korbel, the former is more powerful and stable,stiffer blade.
Be right back...
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 2:54am
Our latest OSP video

Thanks all of you buying/testing OSP blades. Many of you asked about there is no shipping cost details at our website. Let me explain that: For the first 100 blades we offered free shipping.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvinyoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 3:20am
Does OSP blades need sealing or is this already done on site?
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2010 at 10:03am
You can seal it if you want. I am sure many of users will seal it and will smoothen the edges. It is regular use.
But we endevour to make high quality racket with stable surface that need no sealing.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 4:52pm

Ejmaster, have you tried the Virtuoso? could you please compare Virtuoso with Acoustic/Violin/Korbel?Interms of Speed, control and feel.

Hey,Peter.
I think Virtuoso is closer to P.Korbel from Butterfly.
Acoustic/Violin are too different,in my opinion.
While Virtuoso is a 5 ply,like Korbel,it is stiffer(I thought Virtuoso was a thicker blade initially,but not true-Virtuoso is 5.7mm thick while Korbel is 5.89mm) and faster.The Virtuoso that I have got smaller dimensions ,but still with nice weight balance shifted to the handle.Being moderately stiff and having good dwell time,one can execute
top spin shots very easily.Korbel is famous for that ,too,but in my opinion Korbel has softer wood veneers and so less powerful as a result.To compensate for this one would really like to have expensive modern rubbers,while with Virtuoso rubber range can be much more expanded.
Virtuoso is made very well-no rough edges,nicely finished/partially laquered by the maker.It could be a blade for anyone from the novice to highly advanced player.My Virtuoso sample is as fast as Acoustic from Nittaku,just softer.And when strike the ball the racket sounds like one cracks nuts.I would probably like it to be just slightly heavier and may be bit stiffer/less dwell time.Overall,great design/quality/playing characteristics.Plus,blade handle can be customized to fit wider hands.I love the conic handle design which is not available from other manufactures.
As said earlier this is a modern offensive blade,some people might classify it as off-, I put in off group.Control is excellent,no questions about it.
Note:since some players aren't too worried about speed glue ban-good for them,but I strongly recommend to potential buyers to use wood sealant.Outer plies are nicely finished so to keep the blade intact water based glue needs to be used carefully as someone suggested-wait
until glue becomes transparent/dries completely.
Be right back...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Ejmaster, have you tried the Virtuoso? could you please compare Virtuoso with Acoustic/Violin/Korbel?Interms of Speed, control and feel.

Hey,Peter.
I think Virtuoso is closer to P.Korbel from Butterfly.
Acoustic/Violin are too different,in my opinion.
While Virtuoso is a 5 ply,like Korbel,it is stiffer(possibly due to being slightly thicker) and faster.The Virtuoso that I have got larger dimensions ,but still with nice weight balance shifted to the handle.Being moderately stiff and having good dwell time,one can execute
top spin shots very easily.Korbel is famous for that ,too,but in my opinion Korbel has softer wood veneers and so less powerful as a result.To compensate for this one would really like to have expensive modern rubbers,while with Virtuoso rubber range can be much more expanded.
Virtuoso is made very well-no rough edges,nicely finished/partially laquered by the maker.It could be a blade for anyone from the novice to highly advanced player.My Virtuoso sample is as fast as Acoustic from Nittaku,just softer.And when strike the ball the racket sounds like one cracks nuts.I would probably like it to be just slightly heavier and may be bit stiffer/less dwell time.Overall,great design/quality/playing characteristics.Plus,blade handle can be customized to fit wider hands.I love the conic handle design which is not available from other manufactures.
As said earlier this is a modern offensive blade,some people might classify it as off-, I put in off group.Control is excellent,no questions about it.
Note:since some players aren't too worried about speed glue ban-good for them,but I strongly recommend to potential buyers to use wood sealant.Outer plies are nicely finished so to keep the blade intact water based glue needs to be used carefully as someone suggested-wait
until glue becomes transparent/dries completely.

I do not have Virtuoso but when i read the thread feedback about the Virtuoso blade, a similar feeling comes when i talked about the sn465.

But i have some questions:

Dont you think a lot of people would play with that blade better than with some others?.

Dont you think it is a pleasure to have a good blade from amateur to high level than ejing too much?.

Do you consider the blade outstanding in the present wood blade market offering?.

Maybe some comments about the sn465 blade though biased (a label), were not so far from reality?.    

The last question is related to people who label to discredit.
EJ Club.

holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 6:01pm
One can play with anything,EJM,but having something nice is always enjoyable.I know(we all do)-many Asian players/some European prefer simple trusted CLipper,Offensive CR and other like.Table tennis has shown there is fashion in it and many of us ejs.I think if you find a suitable blade for yourself and you see progress in your game,what is more to wish?I was initially unhappy with not being able to play BH shots with some blade I had bought .I wasn't able to just be comfortable when playing my first a couple of rackets.I went through a large number of blades,but I got
a Violin and that should have been the end of search for me.I suddenly realized I liked trying other blades.I have said-enough,enough,but continued fooling around with other blades.
Someone said whatever best out there there is that is what you should play with.I agree and disagree with the statement.Not everyone is fortunate as to try all that is now available on the market,but I think a nice suitable blade is a must have.
Virtuoso is
crafted individually ,so yes,of course,it is build to higher standarts as opposed to mass produced blades.
I have been very satisfied with its performance,design,playing characteristics,so I yes,it is pleasure to play with it.
I think Virtuoso is well build and offers more than traditional blades I have held in my hands.I think whoever trys this model may also be interested in trying a 7 ply blade made by the maker.I am...
Be right back...
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2010 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

.....I was initially unhappy with not being able to play BH shots with some blade I had bought initially.......Coincidently I've the same experience/issue/problem here. With Virtuoso last weekend, it was just right there, just right On & on......Thumbs%20Up
Virtuoso is crafted individually....it is built to higher standard as opposed to mass produced blades. Just look @ the pic. of PKorbel FL posted by Austin in the "Picture of yoUR blades" topic....don't forget as his PK was bought brand new as well...what a contrast compared to the pic. of Virtuoso I posted b4 his...
I have been very satisfied with its performance,design,playing characteristics, so I yes, it is pleasure to play with it. It sure is....
I think Virtuoso is well built and it offers more than traditional blades I have held in my hands. I think whoever has already tried this model may also be interested in trying a 7 ply blade made by the maker. I am...Nah...not me at least not yet.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 54>
  Share Topic