Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected
    Posted: 06/10/2010 at 11:18am
Dear fellow friends,

I think table tennis business seriously relies on how many friends you have. And now I decided to come here more often, and to share more about how I run my brand Nexy.

Currently, I'm not very good at English, and also not free enough to reply all the questions, but I will try as much as I can to share what I am doing with the people here.

So, this article can not be done in one day, and I will keep on writing day by day until I can complete the whole story of one blade; Nexy's SPEAR.

1. What's the goal of SPEAR

Table tennis has been my number one job for many decades.
I started it when I was 10 from my father, and I really liked it.
But my father did not enjoy much playing with little son, because it took money and time.
At that time, my house was not rich enough to support my curiosity, and I could not keep on attending piano lesson, and probably my father could not be able to take me to table tennis gym often.

But he was really good player, and I could learn some basic skills from my father.

It took more than 10 years for me to become better player than my father since that time.
He promised to buy one bicycle for me, and I wanted it badly, but could not win any game until I become a university student.

Any way, I became a student, and I joined table tennis club there.
And there I had to change all things, because all the basic skills was not right.
It was not easy process, but I went through it.
I once tried to become a defensive player, and I could get chances to test many kinds of blades and rubbers.

Probably, this story will not be interesting for you. But I just want to say that those blades are not short term work.

Conclusionally, even though I'm not a professional player, nor a professional carpenter or something, but I can safely say that I've been crazy about table tennis for very long time.

In 2005, when I started to run table tennis business, I found out that some day I will run my own brand.
I was quite sure it's not only about money and tradition.
Once I'm sure I can satisfy with what I make, then I can satisfy many others, and that will lead my brand successful, that was what I could be sure at that moment.

And I started to learn many blades' structure and fuction.
It was not very hard, because I really liked it.

So, all the blades made in Nexy are meant to satisfy me.
I don't care about category.
5-pl, 7-ply, carbon, arylate carbon....new products in each year...
...that's very far from the way I run this business.

Once I start, I never stop before I'm satisfied.
So, most of the blades are alike in some ways.

Fast, Spinny, well balanced, good feeling.
Maybe it sounds very cliche, but surely these are the puropose for my blades.

Seemingly (more over meaninglessly) too much ideal is what I'm struggling to get with my blades.
And I don't think that's not possible to achieve.

Of course there is a general course I experience whenever I produce blades.
I really liked it, but after 6 months, I found out better one will be possible.
And the best blade becomes less perfect, and it gives its way to the next new blade.
But at any cost, I release a blade when I really like it at that moment.

Therefore, the purpose of the up-coming new blade SPEAR is very the same as other Nexy blades.

Fast, Spinny, well balanced, good feeling

2. Basic Idea about SPEAR

If you look at my before blades, you will know that I've been recently focusing on SPRUCE, which lies under the surface wood.
I used spruce for Dexter (http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=580 )

This wood is very attractive. With this wood, you can create better speed without losing wooden feeling to carbon layer.
And this spruce ply makes big sound and good feeling when you hit the ball.

But when this ply comes too much close to the rubber, than the sound and feelings are too much powerful, and the ball will not be spinny much.

So, this material needs to come in the right place, which means that I need to find the ideal thickness for the surface wood.

It's not possible to decide exact thickness for all the surface materials.
I kept on testing....and I found out Japanese Hinoki needs to be thicker than Limba or Koto, when I want to hamonize this with Spruce.

Any ways, the first idea has come from this spruce wood.

Actually, I finished all the studies related with this material, from my experiences of Hurricane King, Offensive classic, Ebenholz and several other blades.

But then again, I thought why all those blades are not similiar to Stiga's clipper CR or Butterfly's Korbel or SK7?
I think most other designers were facinated too much by this sprus material's lightness and speed.
So, they might not be interested in producing a blade deep and soft. Probably they thought they need to make the blades light and fast.

So, there I started to think about this blade SPEAR.

When you use a SPEAR, the blade of SPEAR should go through a target, to harm.
Likewise, when I name thie blade as SPEAR, I thought that....when you play with this blade SPEAR, you need to be able to feel that the ball goes through your blade, just like a spear goes through a target.
I mean you need to feel that your blade hugs the ball so deep into it, that you think the ball becomes a spear into a target.

I thought it's possible.
Because all this deep and soft feeling can not be too much, when I harmnize this with SPRUCE's lightness and speedy character.
There maybe I can get an ideal fuction.

Ok, that was the basic idea I started from.

I will write more tomorrow.

Just keep on waiting before I finish this story.
I hope you can enjoy my writings.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Sponsored Links

geotjakra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geotjakra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 11:42am
thanks Nexy, it's intersting to get a first point of view straight from the designer of the blade. And I probably will appreciate a blade more, when I hear/read and understand it's origin from idea/concept to it's finished product as well as understanding why that blade is named "spear". please continue with the story. Your English is more than sufficient to get your point across. LOL
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 1:05pm
Nexy,  is the Spear going to be only little slower than Color but Spear will have more dwell feeling?   

Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 1:13pm
This topic might become a classic...Thank you Nexy for taking time to share such valuable info with us. So now you revealed spruce was middle layer, what will be outer and central plies made of ?
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Nexy,  is the Spear going to be only little slower than Color but Spear will have more dwell feeling?   

I understood it that Spear is going to be more offensive than Color... ??
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 8:53pm
This really sets the background well. I am really looking forward to the rest of the story behind SPEAR. Of course the EJ in me can hardly wait to see when and where I can get my mitts on it.....but I try to be patient and wait until you have told the whole story   
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2010 at 8:54pm
This is so exciting!!! I can't wait to try the Spear.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

It's not easy to answer.

Actually, Color was also designed to attain the same goal as I did for SPEAR.
But if I compare those two blades, when a blade has a Japanese Hinoki on the surface, it has to be more expensive, and also the feeling is quite different.

Normally, Hinoki feels that it makes the ball stick to it, when you make a spin. So the feeling is like when you cut something in the air with fast chopping.

But Limba material feels to embrace the ball deep.
I absorbs the ball into itself.
I tried to maxmise that feeling with SPEAR.

So, conclusionally, both of them are aiming for the maximum spin but the way of making big spin will be different.
Normally, Hinoki surface is good when your swing speed is very fast and short, but Limba is the opposite...generally.

(This is only persnal feeling, and I think there could be some other opinion on this topic.)
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 7:12am
I found out that if I want to describe the process how I develop SPEAR, then I need to explain some more about other Nexy blades.

I really want to go through all the details...

Just wait a little.
I will manage some time more, my friends....
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 10:59am
------ Second article ----------------------------------------------------------

I will keep writing more about SPEAR.

3. Composition.

I found out some people are trying to guess out the whole materials of my blades. I can safely open all the materials for some blades, but for some other blades, I don't want to tell.
For examples, I use some specific wood for Oscar and Hannibal's center wood. And this wood makes my blades different from other similiar blades.

If you tested, then you would agree that my Hannibal and Oscar are not very dull at all, even though they have artificial materials.
So, I heard that many people are saying that my Hannibal and Oscar feels very natural, and have good feelings, without metal touch.

I think the main reason lies on that center wood.
Any ways, I don't want to reveal that wood.

By the way, regarding my next product SPEAR, the composition is very simple.
It's as below.

Limba - sprus - ayous - sprus - Limba

This is very the same structure with other several kinds of classical blades. 
But that's not all.

I have known that this composition creates really good blade.
But as I told you in the before writing, the material SPRUS is very very important factor to decide the whole character of a blade.
And I could not be satisfied with all other similiar kinds.
There must be some more to this composition.

So, that was to make use of Sprus' speed jointed with thick center layer of Ayous and thin Limba.

Here is the principle.

Regarding Ayous, this material is very soft in the first touch, but deep inside, very hard and resilient. 
But this material is not easy to be well harmonised with other materials.
When this ayous is thin, I found out some times it does not affect on the blade enough, so you don't feel the difference.
And I was sure that I need to make the Ayous thicker than other blades, by which I can make people feel soft and even damp on the moment the ball goes into, but in the end they need to find tru power and resilience deep inside the blade.

So, that's how I use this Ayous with my blade COLOR and now with SPEAR.

Regarding Limba, I found out when I make the limba ply thick, as I did with my Hinoki ply, then the feeling will be too much soft, and I can not utilize the true good factor of sprus material. Sprus needs to affect on the ball in some ways directly, not only through Limba, indirectly.

So, I used very thin Limba.

After all, Spear is a mixture of very delicate and subtle harmony.

Surface - soft and embracing material, Limba...but thin...so the ball is affected also by the second ply, which is fast and hard Sprus.

And then, the Sprus is supported by soft and damp, but powerful and resilient material, thick ayous.

It was not easy to prove that my belief was really right.
I had to do lots of tests for long times, over and over again.
And I could come closer to what I wanted little by little.

There was one more factor I need to consider.
The total thickness of the blade.
If the blade is too thick, then all the good things does not attract much any more.
So, I had to make it not much thick, which influenced all the ply's thickness in each tests.

And the final sample is around 6.5mm, which comes between Color and Dexter.

During this process, I tried several different compositions.
Here is one picture that shows that I tried two sprus plies between Limba and Ayous.

And here is the final version.
As you know, the structure is kinda classic.
But the center layer seems thicker than most other similiar kinds.
And also the thickness of sprus is very key factor in Spear.

Limba is thinner than most other Nexy blades' surface, which make the ball goes deep.

The edge looks not nice.
Because I tested the blade after cutting little by little.
The size of the blade is also very much responsible for the feeling.
It's not only about balance, but also about feeling and power.

When I cut 1mm, the blade becomes totally different.
I tested the blade by 0.5mm cut for several times.

Here is the picture of several samples I went through.

Here is the final sample.

Brand Manager of NEXY
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 11:12am
I went to the SeongNam Open Tourney in the South part of Seoul a week ago and I saw a number of opposing club members wearing Nexy gear and a couple playing matches with Nexy blades. That tourney must have had almost a thousand people in the sports hall.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

(Oh, but I can not attach pictures here. What's the problem? When I clicked the shape of camera icon to insert images, here I found this sentence in the pop up page;  error, only members with sufficient permission can access this page.  Is it because of my lap top, or of my membership? I will test and update this later again.)

Error
Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.

My guess would be your picture file was too large - make it 200 K or below.

If you would like, email me the pictures and I will take care of it. Thanks.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 12:03pm
By the way, is there a plan by any chance for the third Nexy testing for Spear and Lissom? Sign me up, fatt!

mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 1:08pm
ditto..
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

By the way, is there a plan by any chance for the third Nexy testing for Spear and Lissom? Sign me up, fatt!

If there is a testing plan.... I'd like to test a Spear blade if possible as well. 

stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I went to the SeongNam Open Tourney in the South part of Seoul a week ago and I saw a number of opposing club members wearing Nexy gear and a couple playing matches with Nexy blades. That tourney must have had almost a thousand people in the sports hall.

THE NEXY BALL: IT IS STARTING TO ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 3:29pm
Nexy's blades are very creative and different. I hope to hear more about them.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 4:58pm
NEXY : How about some comments from a critique? someone who is not a great fan of nexy or any other individual business manufactured blade...

- someone who feels butterfly, YinHe, Nittaku, DHS and other large volume brands can afford to invest larger in systematic r&d than passionate individuals like you or charli

- someone who feels these companies have better muscle to fight restrictive trade practices like embargo on exporting japanese hinoki outside japanese companies

- someone who thinks these companies have a wider sampling among pro players to get feedback from larger dataset

- someone who believes the volume companies like sunflex and yinhe while making blades for big brands can actually replicate the formula and twist slightly to call their product.

- lastly someone who believes the volume helps these companies to introduce newer materials like zylon etc., as the suppliers of these may not retail these (or in reasonable price point) without OEM volume orders.

yes its me... the advoate in devilology.

...and i have very pro-institution framework of mind, that doesn't do justice to passionate blade makers. And i would like to be disproved logically, why i could be wrong:) , if you find time to adrress this.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

And i would like to be disproved logically, why i could be wrong:) , if you find time to adrress this.
you spelled address wrong.Sleepy

Peter Korbel(Fl) 89 g|FH Almana 2.0|Sriver G2 1.7
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 5:30pm

NEXY : How about some comments from a critique? someone who is not a great fan of nexy or any other individual business manufactured blade...

- someone who feels butterfly, YinHe, Nittaku, DHS and other large volume brands can afford to invest larger in systematic r&d than passionate individuals like you or charli

- someone who feels these companies have better muscle to fight restrictive trade practices like embargo on exporting japanese hinoki outside japanese companies

- someone who thinks these companies have a wider sampling among pro players to get feedback from larger dataset

- someone who believes the volume companies like sunflex and yinhe while making blades for big brands can actually replicate the formula and twist slightly to call their product.

- lastly someone who believes the volume helps these companies to introduce newer materials like zylon etc., as the suppliers of these may not retail these (or in reasonable price point) without OEM volume orders.

...and i have very pro-institution framework of mind, that doesn't do justice to passionate blade makers. And i would like to be disproved logically, why i could be wrong:) , if you find time to adrress this.
Very good points you have raised my friend. However, why not seing small AND big are beautiful. Why shall we play one against another. Nexy takes the time to see where others have been wrong while big  brands open new fronteers with their huge R&d dept and vice et versa. There is room for everybody. I praise Nexy because he has proven he was in the good tracks with Oscar and Color. But he himself recognizes he wouldn't have been anywhere without testing all the good oldies from BTY and Nittaku first.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 8:31pm
Thanks Nexy for the preview of your new blade Spear! Reading the reviews from your previous blade testing threads, your Hinoki-blades are very special and unique. I've seen some of the pictures, and man they are very beautiful and of high quality! This new blade with Limba and Spruce sounds very interesting and knowing your previous works of art, I won't be surprised if this comes out as a very special blade also. I look forward to reading more of your articles!
Viscaria
T05/T64
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2010 at 11:54pm
Nexy,

I go by the forum name Blade, because I too like you make custom Table tennis blades, but more as a hobbyist. I would estimate that over about a three year period I put out about a hundred, blades to local players. Unlike you , do to my family/time constraints, I have been unable to produce much lately. I do know quite a bit about different wood characteristics and gluing techniques.

If you are interested in having me test one of your blades I can give a detailed review at several levels.Since I am not seriously in the blade making business I won't be trying to find fault. I have palyed with many factory and custom blades for the past 20 years. In fact Charlie at BBC is a personal friend and has made me custom blades from time to time. His efforts and success got me interested in making blades myself and we often compare blades and ideas.

From what I've seen your blades look top notch. Keep up the good work!

Blade
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 12:42am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Very good points you have raised my friend. However, why not seing small AND big are beautiful. Why shall we play one against another. Nexy takes the time to see where others have been wrong while big  brands open new fronteers with their huge R&d dept and vice et versa. There is room for everybody. I praise Nexy because he has proven he was in the good tracks with Oscar and Color. But he himself recognizes he wouldn't have been anywhere without testing all the good oldies from BTY and Nittaku first.

I rewrite here.

I think my brand NEXY is different from other brands, and you will know it when you keep on watching.

And I will prove it by products, not by writing only.

Thank you for the concern, and I'm sure your interest will urge me to make better product. 

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 5:01am
I wrote what I wanted to tell you in the upper article.

Thank you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:09am
I write more here.

4. Why Korea?

Recently, new Korean brand XIOM growed big very fast.
And I think Korean market initiated and urged XIOM to become competitive in many ways, which perhaps affected on my brand NEXY, too/

I don't want to analyze how XIOM could develop that fast, but I can safely say there could be some reasons I can tell you guys.

Korean players have been using Japanese penholder blades for many decades.
Recenlty, lots of players are not using Japanese penholder blade any more, but even for me, I used to play with that when I was young.

When you play with Japanese penholder blade, your main point comes from powerful top spin attack.
Normally, you know that your back hand side will not be easy to make a point, so, you normally try hard to play with your forehand side.
And once you get a chance, you need to exert your full power, because the other player could make a safe return to your deep back hand side, and in that case, it's almost impossible to move back and hit the ball.
So, when you play with Japanses penholder blade, you tend to focus on high power top spin attack.

Many people are not aware what is the differance between top Korean players' looping and other normal amatuer players' ones.
I did not know it also.

But by the time I started this business, I could make the similiar kind of top spin attack, after long years trainings, of course.
And I could be able to discern what makes the differance.

When you make a top-spin drive with your fast movement, and exact impact, the ball meets not only the surface of the rubber, but also the wooden plate of the blade, because the speed of the blade is that much fast.

In other words, if your movement of your racket is very fast when the ball meets the racket, then the ball goes deep into the wooden blade surface passing the rubber on it.

If you use thin and soft sponge, then you will be able to feel that in each strokes that your ball touches the wooden surface through the rubber every time.
But when the rubber is soft and thin, even the ball touches deep into the surface of the blade, still the returning ball is not very powerful.

But when you make a powerful shot with that exact impact with hard and thick sponge, then your opponent can not see the ball.
It flys like a rocket.
If the opponent blocks the ball, still the blade can not stand the impact of that powerful ball, and that vibration goes into the hands and wrist, making them shaking, and not able to return the ball at all.

That's what Korean players are doing.
Normally, many European players make that powerful shot from time to time. But Korean players are not allowed to do practice without that powerful impact.
All the Korean players are trained to do that powerful shot through out the whole match.

Some times, it's not good, because they can not learn tricky play.
But that has become long year tradition in Korea.

Any ways, when you are dealing with those top Korean players, all the equipment needs some more specialties.
And I've been really careful about that point.

I can add some more factors.
Korean market asks very high standard for all the products in many fields.
And once your have good product, then the whole market reacts very fast to it. But once your products are not perfect, it's not easy to survive at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In conclusion, my blades had to satisfy that powerful shot from Korean professional players. And that helped me to set a right goal for my blades. 

If I add some more,  Korean players, more or less, play all round.
They play some times little bit away from the table like European players, and some times very close to the table like Chinese players.

And I have to produce a blade which is good at close to the table, and also little bit away from the table.

SPEAR has those characters.

It's very fast and spinny when you make a powerful shot; so powerful that the ball can touches directly onto the blade surface pushing through the rubber.

And it's powerful also away from the table, let alone close to the table.

In order to satisfy those three points, I studied mixture of different thickness and shapes over many samples.
And now I'm much relieved and happy to find the final answer.

Brand Manager of NEXY
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:12am
if your against xiom then why do you sell their stuff on your site?

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:38am
Originally posted by austin austin wrote:

XIOM is my rivalry company.
I'm proud of that brand as a Korean, but I compete with them in Korean market. That's very natural in all the market.
But I don't think I'm against XIOM.

I know the desinger of XIOM blades, and we meet quite often.
We share many talks and it's very friendly relationship.
In Korea, many shops sell Nexy and Xiom together.
I hope you don't get me in the wrong way.

I just referred XIOM, because Korean market's chracter helped me to be competitive with my products, as it did to XIOM.
And it's really amazing, that XIOM grows this big in that short years.

Brand Manager of NEXY
austin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:41am
i see also i dont know if you read my previous post but theres an error on your website on the home page where is scrolls between two advertisments the word brand is spelled wrong. please dont take that offensivly i am only trying to help ^_^

Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:43am
Originally posted by austin austin wrote:

How is he against them? they are two manufacturers that sell different things, selling their blades also benefits him so why shouldn't he do it..
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2010 at 10:53am
BH-Man,

Thank you for your comment about Nexy team.
I think now I have the most powerful Amateur team in Korea.
Our team is winning many important matches.

By the way, just call me when you come close to my city, Bucheon.
I will buy lunch.

Brand Manager of NEXY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic