Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

blade design in Nexy!! - SPEAR - testers Selected

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2010 at 12:11am
The only blade I can say SPEAR is similar to is Galaxy W6 and that is not talking about construction, size, shape, feel, balance, or speed. Solely what it does - loop ball after ball at a decent pace. That is an important part of my opening and pressure game. SPEAR is way different than W6 and worth every cent of USD $60.

Rubbers of course will affect it. I hit with Xtend HS twice, once on a BTY Amulart and I thought it was mid speed controlled offensive on that blade. I even won a sheet of Xtend HS in a club comp and gave it away, thinking it was a tad slow for my FH. Haha. That guy I gave it to is probably still laughing.

I have to second and third Nexy's statement that the SPEAR can accomodate pretty much whatever inverted rubber you prefer. W6 made Outlaw slow down and land more, and SPEAR takes this to a new level. I slapped on a $7 rubber and it landed over 90% of openers in match play, which won or led to winning points. Can't ask for more. That is one important stat and possible more meaningful than anything else I can describe about SPEAR. I will try to be alittle more detailed once I get more hits with it. Other mebers here may beat me to the punch on this, but cool, more the merrier.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

rawrtje View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rawrtje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2010 at 1:18am
Aaaaaah! I'm still waiting for it in the mail...the absence of package tracking results in my obsessively checking my front door step every few hours in hopes of mail XD

I've noticed there's no penhold Spear for sale on the Nexy site...what's up with that?

BH-Man, are you saying that the Spear slows down your shots significantly more than the W6? Sorry if I'm totally misreading. I remember my W6 feeling very damp and mushy, taking almost everything off my shots...hated it. That was like four years back, so it could've just been me being a really bad player ^_^
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2010 at 1:56am
rawrtje, the quick answer is no. It's not a matter of pure speed slow down, but of some rebound reduction and increase in control for a specific slow speed/slow to medium spin topspin shot.

Not slowed down to sluggish, just slowed down some. W6 did this and made Outlaw a looper on slow strokes with some control, and SPEAR makes Outlaw even more controlable on slower strokes. Not like SPEAR makes Outlaw a Flextra like slowness, just makes it able to manage the slow strokes better than W6, which did well in that department. On my opening shots, loops with SPEAR are not slow, jsut slower than TBS. I can even make a 40 deg sponged XP 2008 (that $7 rubber (with postage) I was talking about) make high percentage openers with acceptable pace. On BH, the XP 2008 on SPEAR is plenty fast. On the TBS, slow speed strokes to make topspin (like when you want to use a slow stroke and make a controlled topspin return that has some topspin, but not overwhelming spin or speed like you use in a loop, kinda like a defensive topspin or slowish medium loop if that makes any sense) were a little too fast and difficult to control. The W6 made this kind of slow stroke low speed/spin topspin possible at a higher percentage and SPEAR makes that shot even more high percentage.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2010 at 1:38am
I should pick up my Spear tomorrow...

Almost time to start the

NEXY Reviews: the Spear blade

thread!

Smile
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2010 at 7:36pm
I will be able to get my blade tomorrow, not sure how soon I can test it, but as soon as I play the next time it will be in my hands.
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2010 at 12:38am
It seems that Temujin and Iskandar are two-ply blade. What is the thickness and what kind of wood are being used ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2010 at 1:56am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

It seems that Temujin and Iskandar are two-ply blade. What is the thickness and what kind of wood are being used ?
Confused What do u mean by "2-ply" blade? Aren't these 2 ONE ply Jpens, may be Kiso Hinoki or Korean Hinoki if there's such kinda wood?
Nice Jpens tho'. 

Edited by tiehwen - 06/30/2010 at 1:57am
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2010 at 8:12am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Both of them are only one-ply kiso Hinoki blades.
The differace is the raw material for Temujin is more expensive, and also TEMUJIN is 10.5mm, while ISKANDAR is 10mm.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2010 at 3:54am
The first review is in the below. 

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35268&title=nexy-reviews-the-spear-blade

Edited by Nexy - 07/01/2010 at 7:09am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Fraziel66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2018 at 4:06pm
What a great post. Thank you.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Fraziel66 Fraziel66 wrote:

What a great post. Thank you.

Not entirely convinced that it was necessary to exhume a thread after over seven years, just to thank someone.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Fraziel66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2018 at 6:45pm
I just read the thread today for the first time and I do not care one iota if you think its necessary or not. I did, and that's all that matters to me as it was a fantastic post. What does it matter anyway and what was the point of your post? 

Edited by Fraziel66 - 02/16/2018 at 3:29pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2018 at 7:39pm

I just read the thread today for the first time and I do not care one iota if you think its necessary or not. I did, and that's all that matters to me as it was a fantastic post. Keep your pointless opinion to yourself in future. Thanks. What does it matter anyway and what was the point of your post? 

The point was that it's bad netiquette: by posting you up-rank a dead discussion and bring it to everybody's attention, which is essentially wasting our time. If you just feel the need to say thanks, do so by PM, since it's of little interest to the great majority of us readers. Not after 7 years anyway. Besides, it's not even clear from your post who you're thanking: the OP?

And I do realise I'm wasting everybody's time, as well, so I'll be happy to continue to discuss via PM. And I'm outta here.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Fraziel66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fraziel66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2018 at 3:29pm
In case you hadn't noticed,i am a newbie, so forgive me for not being so familiar with etiquette. But way to go on welcoming someone new to the forum. You might want to work on your tone, Gold member or not. cheers
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2018 at 5:38am

In case you hadn't noticed,i am a newbie, so forgive me for not being so familiar with etiquette. But way to go on welcoming someone new to the forum. You might want to work on your tone, Gold member or not. cheers

Fair enough. I normally am more welcoming, or maybe I just had a bad day and reacted to your "I do not care one iota". Anyway, I don't think my tone was inappropriate. If you do, apologies.
Join the Nexy Clan!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic