FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Black Power/Red Diamond vs NEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2010 at 2:45am
Can anyone thoroughly compare BP/RD with CCT national pride? My search results didn't fetch me any useful information.
P.S- Please keep in mind I'm particularly interested in trying them with backhand. Thanks.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
Sponsored Links

siemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 1:43am
IMO....LKT BP/RD is tackier and heavier than CTT's rubber (Pride, Strike and Hero)
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 1:54am
Originally posted by siemans siemans wrote:

IMO....LKT BP/RD is tackier and heavier than CTT's rubber (Pride, Strike and Hero)
I have RD/BP on a BTY Carbo Balsa X5.  The total weight is 172 gm so the RD and BP can't be too heavy.  I don't think they are very tacky either.  They can pick up a ball for more than a fraction of a second if at all.

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 2:09am
Originally posted by saif saif wrote:

Can anyone thoroughly compare BP/RD with CCT national pride?
I can help you with Pride vs BP. Never try the RD yet. I've played with both rubbers on one blade, BP on one sine and Pride on the other side.
IMO, You should go with BP. Pride is nothing special, it has decent speed but can't create decent spin. BP on the other hand can create moderate spin (not as spinny as Hurricanes or Tenergies though) and quite fast. I've tried BP on the BH and actually quite like it. But nowadays I only play with red rubber on the BH, which is a problem. Maybe if they make a red version, but then they will have to change the name to Red Power, and then we're gonna see a Black diamond. Oooooh just thinking about so many rubbers make me dizzy :))
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
siemans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siemans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 2:19am

Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

I have RD/BP on a BTY Carbo Balsa X5.  The total weight is 172 gm so the RD and BP can't be too heavy.  I don't think they are very tacky either.  They can pick up a ball for more than a fraction of a second if at all.

have you already tried CTT rubbers ? 

but IMO....CTT rubbers are relatively lighter than BP/RD. (PS : I have been using LKT BP/RD and CTT Pride, Strike and Hero), i have already tried combining them with the same blade.

pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 2:49am
Have you weighed the CTT rubbers?   Opinions don't count, facts do.   What is the weight of your paddle? I have a recently calibrated scale ( it needs to be for industrial purposes ) that is accurate to 0.01 gram.   I have written the weight of the paddle down somewhere but that is at work.   I do know the 172 gm is accurate to the gm rounded down.

My BTY Carbo Balsa X5 is the lightest offensive paddle I have.  All the other are around 180 gm.

BTW, when I play with my BTY Carbo Balso X5 with RD/BP  I use RD on my FH because RD has the highest spin to speed ratio ( what you guys would call throw ).  I like to have high spin to speed ratio rubbers so I can get in the opening loop.  I am not a fan of BP.  The only big advantage it has is speed and serves well on the back hand.   OK, it pushes well too.   BP doesn't take much more than a flick of the wrist to send the ball whizzing past the opponent but I don't see the drop due to the Magnus effect like I do with RD or T05. BP is a hitter's rubber.  Hitters rely on the ball being higher than the net or being back from the table so the ball has time to fall.

I will not ever buy another BP.  I think I will try LKT XT Pro instead.  I still think that RD is close to T05 but both are too fast for my liking.  

Siemans sounds like a a German PLC/Controls company only they spell it Siemens.

EDIT, this is what I wrote in the report the weight of your uncut rubbers thread
Red Diamond 170mmx170mm 64.16 gm density 0.222 gm/cm^2    Heavy    Confused
Black Power   170mmx170mm 65.83 gm density 0.227 gm/cm^2    Heavier  Confused 
It would be nice if more people would add to that thread so it doesn't surprise me that other rubbers are lighter.   BP is definately on the heavy side.

Edited by pnachtwey - 11/22/2010 at 1:17pm
friendship View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 7:40am
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

I use RD on my FH because RD has the highest spin to speed ratio ( what you guys would call throw ).

i must correct you in case i understood what you said, this is not correct definition of throw. throw is not spin to speed ratio

throw is abbreviated for throw angle. after hit, rubber lifts ball more or less (providing backspin is neutralised with bat angle). some rubbers tend to lift struck balls more than some others. in such case we are talking about higher throw angle of rubber, in comparison to lower throw angle of other rubber

for purpose of assessing rubbers throw angle, we must compare shots by using exactly same bat angle when hitting ball. correction of bat angle affects comparison

if we look at the whole contingent of rubbers in market, we can relatively divide them rougly in categories which tell how high throw angle is. so high throw rubber is the one which stands out in mass for lifting balls significantly by various shots. it can well be seen in choping. high throw rubber will pop the ball up unless we correct the angle of bat, if we used to play with lower or medium throw rubber

it is needed to know that almost all offensive euro/jap rubbers are low to medium throw rubbers. you know the difference when you take in hand some palio cj8000 or most friendships, then you will instantly notice that these rubbers lift ball significantly higher

but it gets even more complicated since some rubbers tend to behave differently with different strokes type, speed, spin and incoming speed and spin. so sometimes we have rubber that combines higher throw in some aspect together with lower throw in some other aspect. examples are tenergy or H3N which vary its throw from higher on slower shots to lower on faster shots. also, some friendships behave extremely high throw when control slow looping

I love higher throw rubbers because they are easier to my close to the table style of play, as they tend to produce more arced ball providing they can impart good spin. with higher throw rubber you need good spin. but reward is that such rubber can easily lift ball above the net and put it fast down on the table in nice arc, which is good for close to the table play as it significantly improves consistency, and also you can gain on speed since you can play full power close to the table shot on even low balls and still put the ball on the table. lower/longer trajectory rubber makes this significantly harder to achieve

but higher throw rubber have some minus sides as balls with then can be easier for opponents as well. so it is important to take this advantage of speed control along with good introspection of opponent position and precise placement of ball

when I do this in attacking, I feel no harm, since I don't play with pro's Big smile
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 7:56am
Pride is way lighter than BP for sure..
When I received and opened the package (i bought them at the same time) and pull them both out. I immediately feel Pride is not a rubber for me, I felt it was very light. This usually means the sponge is soft.
Then I weighed them both and the result confirm that Pride is lighter.
I already bought it so I try it anyway and it also confirm my suspicion that it is not the rubber for me, I like rubber with hard feel. Pride has a soft feel..
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2010 at 11:46am
Update:

At tournament time, I tried out BP and RD, having had gluing errors the night before with my normal rubbers. They felt ok, kind of familiar, but a bit quick and lively. It only took me 10 minutes to figure out that these were not characteristics that I wanted for tournament play.

So rather than play a tournament with a familiar blade (the Virtuoso) and completely different rubbers (BP and RD) I chose to use familiar rubbers (H3 Commercial and Mendo Energy) on that 15 year old Gatien Extra I traded for recently.

The YE played much closer to my "normal setup" (albeit slower and more controlled), and not suprisingly, I didn't lose to any players with a lower rating, and managed my seemingly habitual "one upset win" against on a player rated about a hundred points higher.

It wasn't that the BP/RD combo felt bad at all, it was simply that the YE/H3/ME combo felt more 2nd nature/no surprises.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic